darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Spoiler Discussion Topic (*SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Spoiler Discussion Topic (*SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#151 Posted: 10:46:12 01/10/2015
Resets the vehicle gauge.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#152 Posted: 17:55:42 01/10/2015
Ok...

Just finished the game.
What. A. Friggin'. Blast.

I'll try to be quick but I don't promise anything.
Will write a proper "review" later on.

Let me start by saying I really think TfB and V.V. cooperated a lot for this one: I otherwise couldn't explain the awesomeness which goes under the name of SuperChargers.

Designs are practically perfect; almost all the levels are great, the NPCs and villains are really good looking (yeah, even the SWAP Force's ones) and the visuals are outstanding.

The plot is easily the best we've had so far, just wish the Glumshanks' redemption part lasted a bit more, it really got me.
And the Spell Punks Library... Yeah, I would have liked if the actual library was a bit deeper but... Good Ancients, the lore.
We got sooooo much... I wasn't absolutely expecting it.

The personalities were absolutely spot on, the new characters were incredibly enjoyable and I loved how we saw more of old characters, such as Count Moneybone or Cluck.
Could have replaced Bandit Train's boss with Frightbeard though.
And the character development... Delightful.
I won't lie, The Darkness did "disappointed" me a little... I was expecting him (it?) to be a bit more serious but for what it is, he's great.
Malefor is still the most threatening villain thus far.

The gameplay... What can I say?
Each level felt unique yet "classical", fresh yet in line with the series, "over-the-top" but not too much.
Of course some gimmicks and themes worked better than others (Capn' Cluck was a bit too much but the employeers were hilarious) but overall I really loved them all for what they were.

And the content is mind-blowing: races, quests, Skystones or simply toying around with vehicles.
Speaking of that, I think the Academy was improved but more in terms of organization rather than content and size.
The inside was kind of a bummer... And I can't stand the Core of Light's smoking remains... smilie

I do have my gripes with this game and they mostly regard how the toys aspect was handled this year (will talk about them in my future "review") but here are my two major complaints with the game:
- I think this game would have been 100 times better if Land sections weren't mandatory.
They really break the flow of the level sometimes.
- Some old characters have been seriously ruined, either in terms of animations, models and sometimes entire abilities.
I can't empatize this enough: Skylanders FIRST. Once they all work like they did previously proceed with the game.

That's it.
Absolutely loved the game and can't wait to see how TfB will top it (I'm confident they will).
And most importantly... I will now accept all the PS4 friendship requests! smilie
I really wanted to finish the Story by taking my time before venturing the online possibilities.
So... Get ready for some co-op Adventures! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:58 02/10/2015 by Drek95
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#153 Posted: 18:11:15 01/10/2015
Nice, thanks for the feedback. I had pretty much the same first impressions. Some of the criticisms creeked in after the dust settled over the next week, but this game has something for everyone. It won't be perfect, but I've been happy with the overall balance...just wanting some fan favorite features. I think some of the game's decisions on certain things may weigh more critically on you over time, but the game is a joy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:08 01/10/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#154 Posted: 19:14:07 01/10/2015
Well, to be fair,maybe Kaos is right and The Darkness developed his personality after hearing him, and it's why he's such a ham truck. He did use to be just a black cloud for the last few centuries after the Spell Punk issue, so maybe by then he forgot his own identity and had to assimilate whoever was blabbing nonstop nearby,like a kid trying to fit in.

Which actually makes me think.. IF they keep Kaos on his current post, what if he brings next game a Boss Rush mode? You gotta train against these wannabe villains somehow. Checkpoints or no checkpoints,it's still a hassle to get to the bosses in the series, so if we had a challenge mode like that it'd be awesome.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#155 Posted: 19:58:47 01/10/2015
It's not like TfB doesn't have code for the villains already somewhere.
#156 Posted: 20:26:29 01/10/2015
I don't have the other two terrains so I can't judge based on gameplay,but man the Land tracks seem to be the best. Sea is still the most varied in design(having hidden paths underwater helps a lot), but Land never seems bland even with just the two tracks,while the others are just a bit redunant at times in design. Can't wait for The After Party and Temple of Arkus.
---
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#157 Posted: 20:34:56 01/10/2015
I actually love the Sea races. ...It helps that Sea is where my favorite villain is playable. smilie

Least favorite, at least right now, is Land.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#158 Posted: 21:44:02 01/10/2015
Also,no idea how I missed this line the first time - in the introduction to the Superchargers,Eon mentions "sending them to the Portal Master". So though it's not detailed,they're toys because they WILLINGLY did so to go to Earth.
Problem is this clashes big time with Rift into Overdrive. The Superchargers were in Skylands when he was captured,so even if they used the Core of Light to get sent to Earth(remember Kaos?) it'd have been by Buzz or Mags' order.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:56 01/10/2015 by Bifrost
#159 Posted: 22:27:34 01/10/2015
It's still better than how the Trap Masters were pretty much on Earth for 5 minutes before being sent back to Skylands.

The more I think about Trap Team the more it's plot just becomes... bleh.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#160 Posted: 22:30:02 01/10/2015
Actually, if the games follow the comic canon(considering the times are mentiones as months,which are the comic's release schedule), the Trap Masters were toys for at least a good 2 months - Issue 0,where Kaos gets the Fork of Ultimate Resonance,came out in July last year.

Though there's the issue that Trap Team comics got in the way of the Superchargers and it's clearly not in the same timeline as release - Kaos was missing for several months but Rift into Overdrive came out not even 3 weeks before the game. It's probably more reliable to think that the Academy follows the US school system so whenever's the usual last day of class there,it's when Kaos escaped.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:32:09 01/10/2015 by Bifrost
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#161 Posted: 23:00:16 01/10/2015
Just a question... Why does Instant Spitfire have less health then Dark and Normal Spitfire?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#162 Posted: 23:29:09 01/10/2015
I kinda just want to complain about Trap Team's plot, but this isn't the place to do that.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#163 Posted: 23:33:25 01/10/2015
Quote: Bionichute
I kinda just want to complain about Trap Team's plot, but this isn't the place to do that.

You can send a message to me your problems with it. I'm not a big fan of it either.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#164 Posted: 23:37:05 01/10/2015
I know it wasn't great, but compared to the childish mess of SF, I took anything. It was very saturday morning cartoon-y though, so even if it wasn't anything nice, I had fun; and the stuff it added to build up the comic stories was awesome too.

Back to Superchargers, I also wonder... Are the Ancients the same species as the Quilin-like things you see in the Vault? The fact they have goggles kinda seems suspicious that they're not just random gargoyles.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:37:59 01/10/2015 by Bifrost
#165 Posted: 23:39:30 01/10/2015
Honestly, I thought that Trap Team had a way more childish plot than Swap Force, mostly involving the Golden Queen's completely ludicrous plan that was really not much of a threat.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#166 Posted: 23:44:05 01/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost
I know it wasn't great, but compared to the childish mess of SF, I took anything. It was very saturday morning cartoon-y though, so even if it wasn't anything nice, I had fun; and the stuff it added to build up the comic stories was awesome too.

Back to Superchargers, I also wonder... Are the Ancients the same species as the Quilin-like things you see in the Vault? The fact they have goggles kinda seems suspicious that they're not just random gargoyles.

I thought they were just ancient beasts, similar to Arcanine maybe. They were the mounts of the ancients is my headcanon and those statues were built in their honor.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#167 Posted: 23:44:49 01/10/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Honestly, I thought that Trap Team had a way more childish plot than Swap Force, mostly involving the Golden Queen's completely ludicrous plan that was really not much of a threat.

That's called being a petty jerk though. She's pretty darn insane, on her trailer it shows she's ALWAYS been filthy rich, she just developed an obession with that specific chemical element, even if she clearly can create it indefinately. It goes back to Kaos' development in this game of evil virtues - he WILL torture his enemies and cross all the lines to get what he wants,but he wants a lot and he's not going to stop at a crown,or settle for what someone else wants. He got mad at GQ specifically because she wants treasure when she made pretty much what could get her ultimate power over meta.

Yeah,could've been guardians,but they never really say if they were human or humanoid to begin with. It'd be quite adorable to have these horned dog things trying to tell everyone about this cool world with the magic thing.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:46:17 01/10/2015 by Bifrost
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#168 Posted: 00:07:49 02/10/2015
spitfire's name is spitfire

but he doesn't spit fire

discuss
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#169 Posted: 00:44:52 02/10/2015
Quote: Drawdler
So, random weekly question from me smilie: favourite terrain for racing?

Mine is Sky, which surprised me. Kind of finicky to get used to, but I just find something about racing with Sky Slicer so cool and I really like both Sky tracks. Plus, both upcoming tracks look cool.
Land is very close, though, because I like both the tracks and the sound of the upcoming ones (plus, racing as Glumshanks will be neat). I just think the thrill of Sky racing edges out a bit.

I just hate the Sea races. The controls feel terrible, it's slower than the other terrains and besides Tropic Plunder, the tracks feel either convoluted or emptier than they should be. Even Tropic Plunder has a couple of overly-finicky turns.

Air is my favorite too. Sky Slicer is VERY fast, and the music and terrain dangers make it EXCITING. Water requires your correct navigation above and below water (will won't come overnight), and land gets better once you've upgraded and done quests. I believe my vehicle is moving very fast now that I've completed quests...before it was travling somewhat slow, but it's much more fun now.
#170 Posted: 00:47:51 02/10/2015
Quote: PwnageFTW

but he doesn't spit fire

discuss

He's all fire, so his spit must be fire. It just means he doesn't attack with it(and who'd blame him, he'd get sued in the racing championship he was on).
---
#171 Posted: 01:03:10 02/10/2015
It's a car joke. A car with a powerful engine is usually described as spitting fire.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#172 Posted: 01:29:31 02/10/2015
And "Spitfire" is also the name of an old war plane model.
And frankly he definitely remembers me more of a plane rather than a car.

Speaking of him am I the only one which thinks The Darkness full form actually resembles him a lot?
Just add two mechanical wings and swap its legs with a stream of energy and there you go. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:30:06 02/10/2015 by Drek95
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#173 Posted: 10:38:29 02/10/2015
The Skylanders Superchargers channel now has ''Supercharged with Love'' there, the credits version!
You know, I REALLY doubt this is actually what they meant to do, but I honestly want to belive the song was put there as a jab at the credits songs from TEN(Broken Soul) and DotD(Guide Me Home).
#174 Posted: 13:34:07 02/10/2015
Quote: Bifrost

but he doesn't spit fire

discuss

He's all fire, so his spit must be fire. It just means he doesn't attack with it(and who'd blame him, he'd get sued in the racing championship he was on).

I was actually looking forward to the dude because I thought he would spit fire.
---
#175 Posted: 18:50:51 02/10/2015
Ok Im getting so frustrated with this stupid quest from Tessa. Its one at the Bandit Train where you have to rescue Toppins. Its either the 3rd or 2nd puzzle thats getting me so annoyed. Its one with a block and the stupid air blow thing makes it so its like, Impossible. How do you do this? Please help me smilie
---
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#176 Posted: 18:59:39 02/10/2015
I have that quest to do today hopefully I get the darkness skystone from her
#177 Posted: 19:17:02 02/10/2015
Darn! Forgot to check for the Skystones person! Anyway figured it out RIGHT after I posted that. Literally
---
#178 Posted: 21:48:25 02/10/2015
Quote: Luminous35
Darn! Forgot to check for the Skystones person! Anyway figured it out RIGHT after I posted that. Literally

Dude. Just buy Blastermind. He has a soul gem upgrade that makes it to where he can break all locks, including the superchargers ones. That's why he's my favorite trap master lol.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:48 02/10/2015 by PwnageFTW
#179 Posted: 22:05:18 02/10/2015

Dude. Just buy Blastermind. He has a soul gem upgrade that makes it to where he can break all locks, including the superchargers ones. That's why he's my favorite trap master lol.

He was talking about a block puzzle, not a lock puzzle.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#180 Posted: 00:00:06 03/10/2015
I just read the Rift to Skylands comic that Aura posted on youtube.

I understand why they have new outfits and weapons now.... And I understand how they became Supercharged... Wondering how Triggs, Roller Brawl, Eruptor and Pop Fizz become Superchargers and when...
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#181 Posted: 00:23:13 03/10/2015
OH **** BOWSER AND DK WERE IN THAT COMIC. JUST SAW THEM.

------
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#182 Posted: 00:23:41 03/10/2015
No they arent....
---
#183 Posted: 00:28:45 03/10/2015

Bottom left and you can some of a warp pipe.
---
#184 Posted: 00:31:04 03/10/2015
Do you think I can find them without where exactly they are? At what time???
---
#185 Posted: 00:32:09 03/10/2015
Do you think I can find them without where exactly they are? At what time???

28:59

_____
---
#186 Posted: 00:34:21 03/10/2015
Well huh. There they are.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#187 Posted: 00:34:27 03/10/2015
They aren`t there.. Thats not them
---
#188 Posted: 00:35:48 03/10/2015
It's pretty clearly them, Luminous. They're in silhouette, but it's definitely them.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#189 Posted: 00:36:27 03/10/2015
It's canon now.
---
#190 Posted: 00:39:13 03/10/2015
HAHAH YOU ALL SAID THEY WEREN"T!
New theory
There are different skylander universes
Nintendo-Main
Xbox&PSsmiliethers
---
#191 Posted: 00:40:35 03/10/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
New theory
Nintendo-Main
Xbox&PSsmiliethers

I just say that the Wii U versions are just the TRUE canon.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#192 Posted: 00:40:45 03/10/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
New theory
Nintendo-Main
Xbox&PSsmiliethers

No...
#193 Posted: 00:47:35 03/10/2015
There's an Amiibolander comic though it seems to clash ENTIRELY with this.

They arrive via rift there,AND get rift engine powers. The engines had yet to be found at this point,let alone brought into the Academy.
---
#194 Posted: 00:48:36 03/10/2015
I think it was just a cameo, Bifrost.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#195 Posted: 00:49:47 03/10/2015
Yeah,but if they need to be explained into the series,you should just choose one in the same 5 comics :I
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:50:00 03/10/2015 by Bifrost
#196 Posted: 02:04:12 03/10/2015
No.
Skymiibos are not canon outside of what regards the Multiverse, until we are shown evidence of the opposite.

A cameo in a comic doesn't make them canon and really doesn't add anything to the fact they have been called to the Skylands to help fighting Kaos.
But, you know, it's cool having them starring in a comic just like it's cool having them playable on the Nintendo consoles.

Nothing more, as of now.

Regarding Rift Engines... Did Donkey Kong and Bowser used the same ones as Stealth Elf and Eruptor or are there more Engines per Element...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:05:23 03/10/2015 by Drek95
#197 Posted: 02:06:33 03/10/2015
Quote: Drek95
No.
Skymiibos are not canon outside of what regards the Multiverse, until we are shown evidence of the opposite.

A cameo in a comic doesn't make them canon and really doesn't add anything to the fact they have been called to the Skylands to help fighting Kaos.
But, you know, it's cool having them starring in a comic just like it's cool having them playable on the Nintendo consoles.

Nothing more, as of now.

Regarding Rift Engines... Did Donkey Kong and Bowser used the same ones as Stealth Elf and Eruptor or are there more Engines per Element...?

Not to sound rude, but the comics are canon and they appear in game, how are they not canon?

Also it's GREAT to hear you loved the game, wish we could co-op!
---
#198 Posted: 02:06:37 03/10/2015
Rift into Overdrive and at least most comics in the IDW series are canon.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:07:19 03/10/2015 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 4 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me