darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Spoiler Discussion Topic (*SPOILERS*)
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Spoiler Discussion Topic (*SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#51 Posted: 20:34:45 25/09/2015
Here's my oh so, MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE'S opinions on the levels.

The Rift To Skylands: Very fun level, sets the tone for the game perfectly!

Cloudbreather's Crag: One of my favorites! Love the atmosphere and design. It's very relaxing.

Skylantis: My favorite level in the game by far. Loved every minute of it!

Land of the Dead: NOT the level design I was hoping for, but still pretty fun!

Battlebrawl Island: I LOVE LOVE LOVE this level, fantastic atmosphere, spectacular design, but its too short. A level like this begs to be huge!

Spell Punk Library: By far the most creative level in the game, if not the series. I ADORE this level. Just wish the library was bigger, like, A LOT bigger.

Gadly Glades: Pretty cool, reminds me of The Ant Bully.

Cap'n Cluck's KIIIIING sized Chicken HQ: Great level, the employees were hilarious!

Monsterous Isles: Another amazing level, also best Sky Zone in the game!

Ridepocalypse Demo Derby: Pretty fun, but eh.

Vault of the Ancients: Great level! I love it's atmosphere!

The Bandit Train: I love it for what it is, but it's kinda pointless...

The Sky Eater: LOVED IT!! BEST FINAL BOSS EVER!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#52 Posted: 20:48:04 25/09/2015
If we're all going to share the opinions:

The Rift to Skylands: Very good intro, but I think the back-and-forth from Motley Meadows to the fleet broke the pace.

Cloudbreather's Crag: Good design and atmosphere, could've used being a bit longer.

Cloud Kingdom: Seeing too much of it on previews kinda took away the mood, but it's solid.

Land of the Undead: Not spooky enough(and after Monster Marsh' I want my Underworld spooky on console),but I do like the level design.

Battlebrawl Island: Spellslamzer and Brimstone/Pounder are awesome,but yeah, Bristlestache is such a waste of TT villain models.

Spell Punk Library: So good and so short. Also lacking on actual Spell Punks in the library.

Gadfly Glades: Collector might've almost pushed the line with the meta jokes,but it was clever enough, and probably the best sized level at this point.

KFC Joke: Too meh in theme,like the SF levels,but also good size and challenge.

Monstrous Isles: Underwhelming up until you beat the Pterawhatshisface, then Beachcomber and Thunder Tow steal the show.

Rideopocalypse:Meh,though Wreck-o-saurus has an amazing design.

Vault of the Ancient: Pretty,almost like a sequel to Quicksilver Vault, but I haven't seen it in full glory.

The Bandit Train: Filler. Would've been great at the beginning,not so much here.

The Sky Eater: Great all around,long enough to keep you pumped, atmosphere isn't too generic with the magitek aspect, isn't just the same puzzles over and over like Bringing Order to Kaos. By far best final level,even if the boss battles could use work.

And last,but not least:

• The Academy: If TFB made the best hub of its time, VV made it even better. The green is a bit tacky,but the designs and how everything is close together is great. The cannon is a nice touch too and the map right behind spawn helps with the lack of chapter select.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:53:20 25/09/2015 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#53 Posted: 20:58:13 25/09/2015
The Academy: I like it, but it's a huge disappointment because there's barely anything inside. I was hoping for new big rooms and the old ones being expanded, but NOPE.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#54 Posted: 21:40:47 25/09/2015
Am I the only one that used a Giant during Monstrous ? And am I the only one that noticed the huge nerf in Bouncer's rate of fire??? I was so mad about that.
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
#55 Posted: 22:01:45 25/09/2015
I used Tree Rex against Thunder Tow for a size comparison,and yes they were the same size.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#56 Posted: 22:41:38 25/09/2015
Can I just say how awesome SS Stealth Elf's soul gem is? I understand what it does now

By what i've seen (well what it says it does) Whisper Elf comes and heals Stealth Elf when shes low on health! Thats so cool!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#57 Posted: 22:45:33 25/09/2015
Wait,but if you're using SSStealth Elf and Whisper Elf, who's the one in the soul gem?
---
#58 Posted: 22:47:23 25/09/2015
Not sure. I'll try when i get it. Anyway heres a video of Nightfall! Her hair looks weird...

---
#59 Posted: 22:52:42 25/09/2015
She does not walk in her dreadlocks,I'm disappointed.

I kid I WANT HER NOW ;w;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:54 25/09/2015 by Bifrost
#60 Posted: 22:55:36 25/09/2015
I KNOW! But her hair looks very... weird.. and uhh I don't know.. What are the best words...
---
#61 Posted: 22:57:13 25/09/2015
It's probably dark matter,it's not supposed to look normal.
---
#62 Posted: 22:58:39 25/09/2015
Thats true.

Anyway I fulled upgraded and leveled up my Spitfire. He was level 14 and it took me 3 games of Battlebrawl Island to max him out
---
#63 Posted: 23:37:54 25/09/2015
I expected a lot more out of Super Shot Stealth Elf. I mean, a ninja elf with a gatling gun that splinters off and hits multiple enemies, that's AWESOME!!! But one you start firing, she becomes way too slow. And, now she seems like more of a support Skylander by her play style, instead of her original goddess-of-war that takes out entire armies by herself. I guessed i'm just used to her old, more agile, knife slasher, face-wrecker counterpart.
---
My FanFiction

#64 Posted: 23:43:55 25/09/2015
Nightfall's voice is so scary.... it freaks me out. It's so gurgly. Lol
---
#65 Posted: 23:49:16 25/09/2015
It's because of the breathing apparatus,think Darth Vader,or,well... Dive-Clops,though his lines don't have as much noise as hers.
---
#66 Posted: 23:53:25 25/09/2015
Nightfall Darth Vader's daughter confirmed :3
---
#67 Posted: 00:02:06 26/09/2015
"Luke... I am your sister..."
---
My FanFiction

#68 Posted: 00:21:29 26/09/2015
Even online Doom Challenges would've worked actually. Even endgame, since with Kaos being the evil consultant, wouldn't he want to train you against the threats himself? Perfect plot explanation,plus a progression gate so kids don't jump in with level 1s then complain when they're being destroyed.
---
#69 Posted: 00:34:49 26/09/2015
Right? IMHO, Battlebrawl and Ridepocalypse were probably afterthought levels designed to *hopefully* fill the voids of Arena's/Doom Challenges. Now, don't get me wrong, the racing is fun and all, but there is just an empty space in this game.
---
My FanFiction

#70 Posted: 00:41:23 26/09/2015
Yeah,unfortunately,it also feels like something they ran out of time on - that arena level seems designed for Arena Challenges or similar too much, even with spaces for hazards to pop out of like the Clubhouse. But hey,the polish was definately the better choice,as seen when comparing this to TT.

On plot,I wonder why the remains of the Core of Light are on fire for all the levels after it, even in the endgame? I don't think they fit the lava pit that it originally had in the Citadel, so whatever the Fire Source was channeling should've extinguished not too long after it was taken away. I was kinda hoping that,since Kaos lives right next to it now, we'd be able to at least see what's left of it, since it DOES have below parts still like the giant crystal and the main mechanisms, what was ripped off were the sources and the main components.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:42:13 26/09/2015 by Bifrost
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#71 Posted: 01:08:56 26/09/2015
So, about the Core of Light, does anyone think that between TT and SC they tracked down or built a Eternal Light Source and an Eternal Dark Source?
---
Hahahahaha
#72 Posted: 01:11:29 26/09/2015
I mean story,art,designs,balance... SF could've been finished,but where it was polished it was because there wasn't much to it to begin with.

On the Core of Light,probably not since the final component was the Eye of the Ancients and not those, since they made it like it was when the original superchargers found it.
---
#73 Posted: 03:07:00 26/09/2015
I can't help but wonder what the Weaponized Core would've done... Oh well, more food for thought.
---
My FanFiction

#74 Posted: 03:07:09 26/09/2015
So I just finished the game, and WOW...just wow. I loved that game. Personally I would rank them

Trap Team and Superchargers tie.
Giants
SWAP Force
Spyro's Adventures (didn't play so it kind of has to go last.)

Was I the only one who was a bit disappointed by the Darkness fight. I mean just chasing him in a car? That takes "All you need Is Drive" to a whole new level.

What were people's favorite Kaos fight?
---
Hahahahaha
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#75 Posted: 03:29:28 26/09/2015
I actually liked the battle against The Darkness, but that's mostly because I expected a racing battle as the semi-final or final boss.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:29:43 26/09/2015 by spyrocrash
#76 Posted: 03:43:46 26/09/2015
Quote: DeadPortal
I can't help but wonder what the Weaponized Core would've done... Oh well, more food for thought.

It's a cannon. Look at the components in SSA - Skull Mask is an aimbot(follows your movements), the Tech augments seem to move like a compass or clock, the Water Spouts and the stone golems hold it from recoil - and of course, the Crystal Eye, which in the Earth Source cutscene can move between the water currents. The rest are probably other things related to fuel and whatnot.
Dunno if TFB ever planned for it, but looking back at the structure's blueprints/artwork, it has the shape of a giant laser cannon when you take the underground parts into account.

Which makes me kinda sad they didn't even write it as having it complete before being destroyed. Maybe the Eye focused the beam, it'd point towards the Sky Eater... But bam, rift in the way, and Core is kill. Would probably overshadow Glumshanks though, so I can see why they opted to Eon and the trio never leaving the Monstrous Isles in time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:47:35 26/09/2015 by Bifrost
Gentleman Brawl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1050
#77 Posted: 03:56:41 26/09/2015
Man that cutscene with Glumshanks sacrificing himself got pretty heavy for a Skylanders game.

Also that fake credit role leading into the real final boss made the game for me.
---
Fancy Skylanders are stronger in this zone.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#78 Posted: 04:26:42 26/09/2015
Quote: Gentleman Brawl
Man that cutscene with Glumshanks sacrificing himself got pretty heavy for a Skylanders game.

Yeah that was an sad scene. I wanna cry.

That what Skylanders needed since the first game.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:27:55 26/09/2015 by KeybasHedKey
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#79 Posted: 04:50:46 26/09/2015
You missed the part in SSA when Master Eon's body was destroyed and he became a spirit. When you think about it, it's pretty... dark. And Machine Ghost's "death" in SG.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:51:23 26/09/2015 by Aura24
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#80 Posted: 05:19:10 26/09/2015
Quote: Aura24
You missed the part in SSA when Master Eon's body was destroyed and he became a spirit. When you think about it, it's pretty... dark. And Machine Ghost's "death" in SG.

Still hoping for Machine Ghost to return in Sky 6.. I can dream, can't I?
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#81 Posted: 05:32:45 26/09/2015
He was in Trap Team. Kinda.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#82 Posted: 08:43:09 26/09/2015
Quote: Bionichute
He was in Trap Team. Kinda.

I don't remember him in Trap Team :S
Edit: Oh! you mean in the level after getting the rocket, right? Mags pilots his body!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:49:29 26/09/2015 by juarmo
#83 Posted: 15:00:56 26/09/2015
I will admit, my first playthrough of Giants, at the Machine Ghost "death" scene I did tear up, same with the Glumshanks scene. But one thing that I didn't like about SC was an ally could go missing in one level and then in the next they were back. It didn't give it time for that heart-tugging, forboding feeling to set in.
---
My FanFiction

#84 Posted: 15:55:03 26/09/2015
You can rotate the Academy Store by leaving the hub and coming back,any way - even going back to the main menu. I think I'll break a hundred by doing that just this first week while I go for Skystones.
---
#85 Posted: 21:10:22 26/09/2015
Just want to say the Arena Challenges are sorta back. I got a quest from Tessa that told me to go to Battlebrawl Island to defeat Bad Breath Borris (Who is a Inflatrator) And it had like Round 1 round 2 ROund 3. So there you go smilie
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#86 Posted: 23:01:12 26/09/2015
The Rift To Skylands: I liked this level. Had a darker tone.

Cloudbreather's Crag: Nice dragon m8

Skylantis: I've wanted a sky level FOREVER.

Land of the Dead: Not what i wanted at all.

Battlebrawl Island: The whole arenas we all wanted- crammed into one level. nice to replay.

Spell Punk Library: AAAAAAAAAAAA. YES.

Gadly Glades: FAVORITE. LEVEL. EVER!!! They basically made fun of us the whole way through, and it was great.

Cap'n Cluck's KIIIIING sized Chicken HQ: eh. giant rooster tho.

Monsterous Isles: protip: play as a robot or heavily armored character and play pacific rim music. Works well with krypt king and dive clops.

Ridepocalypse Demo Derby: this was fun.

Vault of the Ancients: reminded me of arkeyan vault from giants.... my favorite game!

The Bandit Train: least favorite.

The Sky Eater: finally, A NEW BOSS!!!!
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#87 Posted: 00:15:56 27/09/2015
Quote: Bifrost
You can rotate the Academy Store by leaving the hub and coming back,any way - even going back to the main menu. I think I'll break a hundred by doing that just this first week while I go for Skystones.

Woah? You're only expecting to break 100?
I already have 265/266 Hats... As well as every non-Gold (TT Villain) Stone... I finished as of 3 days ago, actually (well, except the one stone [Magic Spell Punk] you get from beating the player in Vault of the Ancients, since I didn't have a Sky Vehicle until yesterday... Heads up: If you want the Skystone from the Gadfly Glades opponent, you'll also need a Sea Vehicle [I don't 100% remember, but I think you also need one for the opponent in the Sky Eater {Which iirc is either The Darkness or the Sky Eater} and the one in... Rift to Skylands?])

The game's RNG won't let me have the last hat... Good thing the last one I need is the Kickoff Hat, and the my nearest Best Buy is overstocked with Kickoff Countdown smilie If I'm so compelled, I can take the easy (guaranteed) way to hat #266!

I have every Saphire, every Skystone (except the MOST of the Gold ones [I haven't gotten around to switching between the TT and SC and cycling through all the villains in my villain vault, plus I don't have an Undead, Earth, or Air Trap {I know, I know, "How could I not have Wolfgang or Golden Queen, the coolest Doom Raiders, as a Doom Raider fan?" I'll tell you... I WAS missing 6 traps, and the only 3 pack in stock, the only way I could afford 3 at the time, that had 3 elements I didn't already possess, was a Magic-Fire-Tech 3 pack, I would've saved magic for last if I could...}]), every Kaos Diary, and every Hat (except the Kickoff hat)

I'm missing a large portion of the vehicle mods, though it's mostly a deficit of Vehicles/Supercharged pairs (Each vehicle scanned unlocks 1 performance, 1 specialty, and 1 horn mod, and each Supercharged Pair unlocks 1 performance, and 1 special mod), fortunately, unlike ALL the other collection related emblems, [you'll need either most or more than likely ALL of the magic items and TT villains for the final Relic Seeker, and you'll need all three Racing Action Packs to get all the race trophies, and you'll need a vehicle per element to meet the requirements for Gate Smasher...], the only mods you'll ever need to get for the final Emblem are the ones you can obtain from Red Toolboxes (it doesn't count the Barrel Blaster's and Clown Cruiser's Toolbox Mods, even in the Wii U version...)
126 mods needed for final emblem: 2 performance, 2 specialty, and 3 Horns=7 mods from chests x 18 characters=[7X20]-[7X2]=140-14=126... they should've required you to get 140 mods in the Wii U version, now Wii U players will get that mod a LITTLE bit easier than everyone else... [darn random chests...])
I don't remember 100%: do you need 18 or 20 soul gems for the final Gemologist Emblem in the Wii U version?
PS: There are 249 Stars in the Wii U version of the game:
33 (10X3+3X1=30+3) Story Stars, +126 (42 [4X3 Singles+4X3 Time trials+4X3 Boss Pursuit+1X3 Villain Cup+1X3 Mirror Cup=12+12+12+3+3=36+6]X3= 42X3 Land, Sea, Sky) Racing Stars, +60 Supercharger Challenge Stars (20X3), and 30 (10X3) Elemental Gates,
33+126+60+30=159+90=249...

So, the Wii U version is the only version with a nice, flat, total number of stars (249 is like 999, but if 250 was 1,000, if you know what I mean... smilie, shut up! Wii U's 249 tally still looks nicer than a tally of 243, right? smilie just like 20 SC Challenges look better than 18, and 20 vehicles looks nicer than 18, and 20 new characters has a nicer ring to it than 18, and 40 new figurines sounds nicer than 46)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#88 Posted: 00:25:53 27/09/2015
I play about 1h per day, I'm expecting to get anywhere done when the next game gets announced if at all. I'm not a person that spends a lot of time playing unless I'm rushing like last weekend,and even then I had breaks between every level.
---
#89 Posted: 01:18:41 27/09/2015
I play about 3 hours a day smilie

Sadly my Instant Spitfire can't co-op which is dumb...
---
#90 Posted: 01:45:27 27/09/2015
Heres Astroblast's upgrades

Attack 1 Solar Flair: Press attack 1 to fire condensed sunlight which bounces off walls
Attack 2 Asteroid Belt: Press attack 2 to lob a prismatic space rock. Press attack 1 to shoot the prism, creating an area of lasers that damage enemies in the area

Basic Upgrades

Upgrade 1 Starsault: Press attack 3 to kick close enemies and knock them away.
Upgrade 2 Solar Field: Fast moving light particles around you protect your suit improving your armor. Additionally, Life Skylanders near you regenerate health.
Upgrade 3 Solar Powered: Hold attack 1 to charge up the Solar Flair with the light of hotter and hotter suns. Release to shoot a high powered laser at enemies
Upgrade 4 Space Rocks!: Hold attack 3 to bring down an explosive space rock.

Top Path

Upgrade 1 Surface of the Sun: Your Solar Field heats up and does damage to enemies that get to close.
Upgrade 2 Meatier Meteors: Hold attack 3 down longer to bring down a bigger (more explosive) space rock.
Upgrade 3 Star Light, Star Bright: Rapidly press attack 1 to fire Solar Flairs at it's currently charged level. The charge will slowly diminish over time.

Bottom Path

Upgrade 1 Meteor Shower: Hold attack 3 and release to lob multiple space rocks
Upgrade 2 Full Spectrum: When you shoot a space rock, the dust will last longer.
Upgrade 3 Supernova: Once, before you loose your last hit point, you will go supernova and gain half health

Soul Gem Wool Encounters: Hold attack 3 to bring down a space rock inhabited by a creature with it's own laser gun to Blaaaaaaast.

Is there anyone whos NOT going on the bottom path? Seriously who wouldn't? I would want that re-gen of health
---
#91 Posted: 02:12:17 27/09/2015
Where did you find the upgrades? It's not listed on the upgrade thread.
---
#92 Posted: 02:32:56 27/09/2015
On a video where they got L-Astroblast smilie
---
Darklander Green Sparx Gems: 305
#93 Posted: 03:07:35 27/09/2015
Could you post the link to the video?
---
The Art of War! smilie
Dark and Dangerous. smilie
I Reign Supreme! smilie
#94 Posted: 03:11:36 27/09/2015
Yay! With Legendary Astroblast I can go down both paths.
---
Hahahahaha
First | Page 2 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me