Page 1 of 1
Question regarding S4 Gill Grunt
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 21:51:16 31/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't own Trap Team yet, but I went out and bought S4 Gill Grunt, seeing as the back of the box states he's playable on each game. I figured this would be no different from bringing an S3 figure into Giants, for example when I brought my S3 (Springtime version) Trigger Happy into Giants, he loaded up as S2 Trigger Happy, with the wow pow and everything, same goes for my Chop Chop and Stealth Elf.

So first thing I did with my new S4 Gill Grunt was loaded him into the 3DS version, and then I started up as him in Swap Force, but it wasn't the same way Giants did it... He loaded up as "Gill Grunt: Special" rather than what I expected, and it saying "Anchors Away Gill Grunt: Special", and the wow pow wasn't there either.

Does this not work the same way as it did with bringing Swap Force reposes into Giants? Should the Trap Team reposes go into Swap Force as their previous repose, or unlike Giants, do they just go all the way back to Series 1?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#2 Posted: 21:56:40 31/08/2015
I'm fairly sure that Trap Team reposes revert to Series 1 when placed in Swap Force, I dunno if VV was a little lazy, or what
It is a little disappointing
#3 Posted: 05:15:42 01/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Badwolfmichael
I'm fairly sure that Trap Team reposes revert to Series 1 when placed in Swap Force, I dunno if VV was a little lazy, or what
It is a little disappointing

That's very strange, as it goes to Anchors Away Gill Grunt in the 3DS version. D:
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#4 Posted: 07:19:11 01/09/2015
I think this was stated earlier this year that the series 4 acted weird when loaded up and would show up at series 1 for some reason. There's a thread burried here somewhere.
Ur best best is to try the figure on the portal before opening it and see what it does, that way you could return it if your not happy with it. You could also play the figure for abit and see if its to your liking (thou there been a long ethical fight over doing so on here). Just if you do that and decide to return it, kindly reset the skylander. When i first bought giants for the 3ds it oddly came with a max lvl tree rex and cynder. It felt weird but ya.
#5 Posted: 19:06:07 01/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: SlayerX11
I think this was stated earlier this year that the series 4 acted weird when loaded up and would show up at series 1 for some reason. There's a thread burried here somewhere.
Ur best best is to try the figure on the portal before opening it and see what it does, that way you could return it if your not happy with it. You could also play the figure for abit and see if its to your liking (thou there been a long ethical fight over doing so on here). Just if you do that and decide to return it, kindly reset the skylander. When i first bought giants for the 3ds it oddly came with a max lvl tree rex and cynder. It felt weird but ya.

I'd be on the side that says if you play it, you keep it. I don't regret buying him though. He's awesome to play as, and I don't ever plan to get Spyro's Adventure, so i'm going to need a Gill Grunt eventually anyway, and at least when I do get Trap Team soon, he'll have a neat wow pow.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#6 Posted: 04:08:41 07/09/2015
Its a problem with the coding of the swap force games. He will register in giants as s2 but in swap force as s1 (this is the same for the Eon's elite figures). In giants the game was programed to look at more than 1 data tag. Swap force has bad programing and only looks at 1 data tag. (heck even some of that games chase figures don't register right and load in as s1...).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me