darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*)
First | Previous | Page 57 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
General Discussion Topic (*NO SPOILERS*) [STICKY]
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2801 Posted: 15:37:06 22/02/2016
They coulda chosen the Ice Owl, the Hammerhead, or the Spring Bomb guy, but NOPE, let's go with the ball with a green face drawn by a small child. The drawing's not bad, but it just seems like they always choose some of the worst, most bland designs or names in these contests because "Awwww they're kids, they're so cute, we can't let them all lose!"
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#2802 Posted: 22:19:19 22/02/2016
Speaking of creating characters...
Not sure if this was mentioned before, as I've only skimmed though the last few pages, but some of the character artists from V.V. will be attending GDC to show off a live demonstration of how they design Skylanders. Just a heads-up for anyone interested, although this isn't happening until March...
http://schedule.gdconf.com/ses...-for-skylanders
If you're impatient like me, however, I'd suggest just watching Mr. Phillips do his Twitch streams. How I found out this was even going to be a thing, really. Pretty much shows his creative process.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:32 22/02/2016 by BlueFox
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2803 Posted: 22:20:35 22/02/2016
If Guha Bala attends we won't hear anything of interest,just how they really brought this X to the world of skylands and it's new and interesting.

Oh, whoops, had the actual description blocked. Wonder if this character will be for 7, but either way that they archive that so people can get something out of it. They're good artists, even if sometimes really skip some essentials, but usually you have to take even the best artist around's conference with a grain of salt and listen to the good side. But no PR speak from what it seems so maybe it'll be as nice as I-Wei's presentation of Food Fight,Chopper,Kaos and Krypt King back when TT was revealed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:24:02 22/02/2016 by Bifrost
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#2804 Posted: 00:04:14 23/02/2016
Quote: BlueFox
Speaking of creating characters...
Not sure if this was mentioned before, as I've only skimmed though the last few pages, but some of the character artists from V.V. will be attending GDC to show off a live demonstration of how they design Skylanders. Just a heads-up for anyone interested, although this isn't happening until March...
http://schedule.gdconf.com/ses...-for-skylanders
If you're impatient like me, however, I'd suggest just watching Mr. Phillips do his Twitch streams. How I found out this was even going to be a thing, really. Pretty much shows his creative process.

Wow, a great opportunity for all the fans of skylanders which are into characters design or just want to take a deeper look at the process. A pity is at the other side of the world for me.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#2805 Posted: 00:12:03 23/02/2016
Just saw the early plans TFB showed off for Spyro's Adventure last night and it seems as if GDC typically uploads footage from their demos. I hope that continues.
(the whole hatching-dragon-egg idea would've been really cool, imo)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:15:29 23/02/2016 by BlueFox
#2806 Posted: 00:19:00 23/02/2016
Wait, do you have the link for that? I only remember the SDCC panel with the character developments I mentioned,also the cosplay contest for those that skimmed that part and don't know what I'm talking about.
---
#2807 Posted: 00:20:49 23/02/2016

Sorry, don't remember where the actual minute mark is for the dragon eggs, but it's interesting nonetheless.
Origami Spyro. Hehe.
Either this one or the one on their website, in the GDCVault.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:49 23/02/2016 by BlueFox
#2808 Posted: 00:24:15 23/02/2016
Oh, I think this was released around the time of the enemy design presentation(you guys know the one, "eruptor,who is a pimp") so I forgot about it entirely. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh wait, this is the "Eruptor, who is a pimp" one, it's just that I watched that part in another video independently :U
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:36 23/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2809 Posted: 22:43:05 23/02/2016
It seems someone has leaked Nintendo 3ds lineup for 2016. PLease, take this with a grain of salt, according to IGN moderators the person who leak this is in position to know so but that doesn't mean is true. Any guess of any of those titles might be related to skylanders?:

http://www.ign.com/boards/thre...dget.454713072/

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to other forums. Please forgive my mistake if we can't do that.

Basically the rumoured line up is :

Spring-Early Summer

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer

Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday

3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:55 23/02/2016 by angelg
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2810 Posted: 22:48:37 23/02/2016
Quote: angelg
It seems someone has leaked Nintendo 3ds lineup for 2016. PLease, take this with a grain of salt, according to IGN moderators the person who leak this is in position to know so but that doesn't mean is true. Any guess of any of those titles might be related to skylanders?:

http://www.ign.com/boards/thre...dget.454713072/

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to other forums. Please forgive my mistake if we can't do that.

Basically the rumoured line up is :

Spring-Early Summer

Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (all ages smaller budget game)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer

Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (all ages smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday

3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (remember code names mean nothing, forget about the Rainbow, your gold is not there)

None of them, I can guarantee it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2811 Posted: 22:55:55 23/02/2016
Yeah, they don't use codenames like that, iirc looking at concept art and prototypes they just call the games by series number. No need to worry about link posts either.

Now, something I'm actually hesitant in posting, what the heck is this...uh....child unfriendly SFX and who had the bright idea of putting it on Trigger Happy? I don't remember this from the other games.
(please let's not try to push limits on the dicussion like the valentines video, keep the jokes SFW)

Also taking this moment to note that VV butchers the characters they're so in love with. Trigger Happy can speak coherent sentences in pretty much any other work - in fact,it's his thing to be incredibly over the top with his wording. His Quest dialogue seems to treat him like an overexcited animal.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:59:48 23/02/2016 by Bifrost
#2812 Posted: 23:02:09 23/02/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah, they don't use codenames like that, iirc looking at concept art and prototypes they just call the games by series number. No need to worry about link posts either.

Now, something I'm actually hesitant in posting, what the heck is this...uh....child unfriendly SFX and who had the bright idea of putting it on Trigger Happy? I don't remember this from the other games.
(please let's not try to push limits on the dicussion like the valentines video, keep the jokes SFW)

Also taking this moment to note that VV butchers the characters they're so in love with. Trigger Happy can speak coherent sentences in pretty much any other work - in fact,it's his thing to be incredibly over the top with his wording.

Honestly, I figured that Triggs' lines were shorted than expected because the voice was a pain for the actor to do, so they gave him short lines to say. David likely wrote the dialogue for all the characters and (If I am right) made sure Triggs' lines weren't too much.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2813 Posted: 23:05:10 23/02/2016
Yeah,but his Giants lines are bigger sentences than those ._.' He literally says only single words per phrases and Buzz seems to treat him like a child,too, even if Issue 5 and his minicomics actually had him bring up how he's learned to keep his excitement to fighting long ago.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2814 Posted: 23:36:40 23/02/2016
What's the SFX?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#2815 Posted: 23:46:00 23/02/2016
The noise he makes when he eats the food. In other games he sounds like he's trying to talk with his mouth full so this seems new.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2816 Posted: 00:30:32 24/02/2016
Weird....
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#2817 Posted: 14:07:11 24/02/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
They coulda chosen the Ice Owl, the Hammerhead, or the Spring Bomb guy, but NOPE, let's go with the ball with a green face drawn by a small child. The drawing's not bad, but it just seems like they always choose some of the worst, most bland designs or names in these contests because "Awwww they're kids, they're so cute, we can't let them all lose!"

Lol I clicked the link and thought another contest was the Skylanders one. I was like "Sprinkles is cute! She'd make a good Skylander" and then I saw this and went back. I know they're just kids but man... The other contests have much better submissions (I'm putting it nicely).
#2818 Posted: 14:42:28 24/02/2016
Might be because this went without much noise so only kids who dropped by the store noticed and rushed a drawing as soon as they could. Only noticed because of a random kid on youtube that had it on the description, and with research only found the GAME twitters and official page. Had someone made some articles and blog posts we'd definately see higher quality since there wasn't an age limit.
---
#2819 Posted: 22:42:50 28/02/2016
Ok, so there is this guy who has beaten me with incredible ease at SSC online racing. 6 times in a row with times gap which ranged from 5 to 9 seconds.

I was using instant hot streak equipped with all the gear that maximizes speed and knight light as the driver, while he was using thump truck with smash hit on the seat.

I'm quite experienced at SSC racing, I win often tbh, but this dude was waaaaay to fast. No matter how many speed boosts I was awarded during the party I never catch him up.

Can anyone with thump truck and smash hit, confirm this team is the fastest? Or is it that this user had an incredible arsenal of boosts?
---
#2820 Posted: 22:45:08 28/02/2016
Aren't the equippable powerups a thing? Never played racing after they were added,but there's probably one with a crazy boost.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:40 28/02/2016 by Bifrost
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2821 Posted: 22:47:25 28/02/2016
Do you know what mods they were using?
---
Dead
#2822 Posted: 22:57:32 28/02/2016
Aren't the equippable powerups a thing? Never played racing after they were added,but there's probably one with a crazy boost.

True, there are some with a crazy boost, however I have noticed those are not awarded when you are going in the first place, and this user was like 90% of the race in the first place.

Quote: mega spyro
Do you know what mods they were using?

Unfortunately he was always too ahead of me to have a clear sight of his mods, and since he was the owner of the party he was behind me at the start of the race. All I could see was that he have this "ignition" painting effect ( i don't remember the exact name) which changes in dfferent orange colours. However I tried mod in my own hot streak and didn't notice any change.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2823 Posted: 18:21:19 01/03/2016
I had a Skylanders Nightmare... Activision said that there will be no more Skylanders games after StupidChargers. But Superchargers will continue to get variants until the end of time
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2824 Posted: 19:10:14 01/03/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro
I had a Skylanders Nightmare... Activision said that there will be no more Skylanders games after StupidChargers. But Superchargers will continue to get variants until the end of time

Sounds even scarier that the dream I had where all the Starter Packs contained guest-stars and reposes instead of brand new Skylanders...

Anyway, there is a specific topic for Skylanders-related dreams. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2825 Posted: 19:23:58 01/03/2016
Visual Technology video on SuperChargers.

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#2826 Posted: 08:58:20 02/03/2016
Well, DDTriggs nails everything but keeping in with the element - you could mistake him for Fire too easily with that moveset.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#2827 Posted: 02:13:55 03/03/2016
It might have something to do with the Magic Item Stars. It does show in the game that they are extra stars, so it is only logical to assume that they would bump up the percentage.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#2828 Posted: 10:35:52 03/03/2016
Quote: Drawdler
As an aside, his standard attack totally misses Energy Guardians. How the hell did that even get past QA? It's simply unacceptable.

QA: Yo, Thrillipede's standard attack misses Energy Guardians in Vault of the Ancients.
Devs: Does it happen with other enemies in the game?
QA: No.
Devs: We have more pressing issues to focus on at the moment, we won't fix it.
QA: Okay smilie
---
bye
#2829 Posted: 10:51:44 03/03/2016
Beenox's usual. I know they also have internal QA but it doesn't seem to have changed much.

I noticed there were plenty of character that lost a lot with me on gameplay this time and not just design. Someone that likes to assume would say 'running out of ideas', but it actually feels like very little frame adjustment was made and this brings several skylanders' gameplay down. Thrillipede and everyone with stupid amounts of hitstop(including Nightfall, but thank Eon for Dread Head giving her another option) especially.

Huh, there's a Birthday page on the official site, with a zip full of free printable party things. Mich better than buying it off of Ebay, I'm sure.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:53:15 04/03/2016 by Bifrost
#2830 Posted: 17:13:17 07/03/2016
Quick Battlecast bump. Drek, Buuzer, other folks in Italy and maybe even elsewhere, if you guys can open this in Android, you might be in luck. I can open this new Battlecast listing on the Google Play store and it's half translated, but says it's incompatible despite my phone being over the required version(4.0).
As always, please take discussion to the mobile forum, I'm just posting here since it Superchargers-based content and unfortunately nobody reads that forum to the point of asking questions answered there elsewhere.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:16:06 07/03/2016 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2831 Posted: 00:29:10 08/03/2016
Quick Battlecast bump. Drek, Buuzer, other folks in Italy and maybe even elsewhere, if you guys can open this in Android, you might be in luck. I can open this new Battlecast listing on the Google Play store and it's half translated, but says it's incompatible despite my phone being over the required version(4.0).
As always, please take discussion to the mobile forum, I'm just posting here since it Superchargers-based content and unfortunately nobody reads that forum to the point of asking questions answered there elsewhere.

I tried, not working on my 'droid. smilie
#2832 Posted: 09:22:15 08/03/2016
Would like to help but I don't own an Android device, sorry. smilie
Might ask my dad though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2833 Posted: 20:57:46 08/03/2016
More behind the scenes videos! Love them!

---
#2834 Posted: 22:02:49 08/03/2016
Oh goodie, they're back to 9 minutes, was getting worried they'd just skim through from now on.

"Dev guys". I know you're speaking to kids but they know what a job is. But "level design guy" at least knows what levels were already done and what to explore new in Skylands.
You can see glimpses of new Land of the Undead watercolors that Dave didn't post in his blog yet.

I noticed they held back on saying that Spell Punk Library would go between the ruined school and the past working one, even if Dave straight up said it in the blog. Probably thinking they can pull off Tower of Time in a main game again.

Guha Bala at the end proceeds to literally repeat what the level designer said word by word. What's with this guy and repeating things?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:28 08/03/2016 by Bifrost
#2835 Posted: 00:27:13 09/03/2016
Those guys should be proud of themselves.
Visual and design wise SuperChargers is truly a blast and the level-gimmicks are all unique and interesting.
They truly put true passion and dedication.

I'm just sad this was all taken and placed after vehicles instead of before or at least along them; seriously, did you really needed vehicles to introduce underwater and flying mechanics or open areas...?
What's there is great but is definitely not enough.

I agree it's a pity they didn't talk much about Spell Punk Library's original concept but if that means having a similar level in the future, I'm all for it! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2836 Posted: 00:37:54 09/03/2016
For a comedic break since lately it's just drought and these random videos - Found out where TFB/VV's writers spend most of their time.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2837 Posted: 00:43:45 09/03/2016
For a comedic break since lately it's just drought and these random videos - Found out where TFB/VV's writers spend most of their time.

Now even I can create Skylanders' catchphrases.
---
Bruh
#2838 Posted: 00:46:24 09/03/2016
What can I say? With a game made of catchphrases and word switching, with this they'd end it with pun fell swoop.

On actual news, huh, David A. Rodriguez has a webcomic. And of course,by that link, next month he and Ron Marz will be at a toy/comic book show to whoever's in Albany.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:17 09/03/2016 by Bifrost
#2839 Posted: 00:52:58 09/03/2016
Nah, I doubt it.
I typed "swap" and "SWAP Force" didn't show up. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:55:36 09/03/2016 by Drek95
#2840 Posted: 12:57:05 10/03/2016
Man drawing Nightfall is suffering. A great figure for sure, but she beats everyone by how horribly innacurate her artwork and figure are to ingame model.
You think her jacket is green and black? Nope, all green with purple stripes and gold accents and the black sleeves are completely wrong. Think her trousers are black and so are her shoes? Nope, purple with gold accents,almost pink with strong light. Gloves are purple, and with spheres over the knuckles you wouldn't even see from afar.
Her breathing mask is just the weird spheres and diamond shaped metal? She has a really strange structure under it, but good luck finding screenshots with her head lifted in good quality because the figure doesn't have it!

Trail Blazer is nothing comparer to this. >w>
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:58:49 10/03/2016 by Bifrost
#2841 Posted: 03:43:56 11/03/2016
Lou hosts a special video about the Power Blues with two kids. I'm assuming these two are autistic due to they're slightly odd behavior. It's awkward but cute. All three seem to be having a good time.

---
#2842 Posted: 03:44:55 11/03/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Lou hosts a special video about the Power Blues with two kids. I'm assuming these two are autistic due to they're slightly odd behavior. It's awkward but cute. All three seem to be having a good time.

Cool vid.
#2843 Posted: 21:02:29 12/03/2016
Oh my god based Octaneblue finally released 3DS racing pack footage. I can finally get some artwork,even at meh quality, without any of the UI in the way.

Probably not that important to you guys but for me or some articles in the Wiki,whoo boy.
---
Starlight_Shine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1088
#2844 Posted: 22:10:45 12/03/2016

[User Posted Image]

I'm so sorry....

Not sorry.
#2845 Posted: 22:36:23 14/03/2016
Aww yeah I love when a 11 euro figure gets import tax like it's some eletronic or above 50 dollars. Bat Spin managed to give me more hell than Nightfall at this point, which means it's probably my last purchase until the latter half of the year for me.

On those Cynder puns, there's probably some lore about the Lords of Cinder from Dark Souls that could be funny out of context.
---
#2846 Posted: 22:48:14 14/03/2016
Well this is cool! I got my first free figure coupon from the skylanders club at gamestop. might as well use it to get an extra eggcited thrillipede or power blue splat.
#2847 Posted: 19:22:43 16/03/2016
Little snippet of what'll come tomorrow. Diggin' her look.

https://twitter.com/humbleblee...124496628228096
---
First | Previous | Page 57 of 62 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me