Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Lost Islands > Well I called... such a sad sad answer. Ideas for top level?
Page 1 of 1
Well I called... such a sad sad answer. Ideas for top level? [CLOSED]
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1 Posted: 12:57:16 29/08/2015 | Topic Creator
After being annoyed that nothing was changed splash screen after my last conversation with an online person that subsequently ignored all my other questions I got the following answers -

There is no near future plans to bring back the following -

Weekly/Monthly goals.
The two companions that are currently unavailable
The ability to roll for the missed monthly skylanders.
There will be more months where the monthly goal is not an alternate skylander. (Which this was new for me as this was the first month I was not able to roll for an alternate skylander)
Changes to the splash screens (which basically means my OCD of the new skylander rolling in is killing me).
Any additional "non cycle" sales of 50% off a shrine and 25% off a specific hut. This may still come randomly with the caveat listed below.

I also asked why the last "advertised sale of 50% off of community items" only was the lower level items and things like aquarium and windmill were not included and I was told they won't ever be included. Just so everyone knows prior to this I was always in a lurch for gems as I was always buying things on the 50% off sales and focusing on the companions first. Since I have bought them all (except the two that are unavailable) and I was saving for the next big sale this last news was very disappointing. Now knowing this I am thinking about just holding onto my gems and waiting for 50% off houses.

So good thing the game isn't 100% abandoned and we can log in, just bad news seems like I am very close to not many more things I have a goal to do. Daily login bonus does nothing much for me, I have pretty much given up on sending things out on adventures except for the instant reset and long duration adventures, the crops I always set as the 16 hour ones and hope I get a two crop in a day collection of the moon on a moon day, and then do my houses to get gems, With pain yatta I just let those build up for days and then I hire pain yatta and all traps I collect are magic traps to feed the 5 gem hire. I find myself not doing the multi day logins anymore and it is a shame.

What are some good goals at top level and should I just spend my saved gems and not worry about any stinking "sales" I am up to 14k gems.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 13:07:26 29/08/2015
Well, that's maintenance mode talk all right. You don't come back to updating the game at the point they say not even better sales are in plans(But not even making Diggs avaliable is a bit frustrating).

If there's nothing to do with saving up anything, then no, no top goals. As I said in another thread, my small collection means I can still spin for some guys and record some of the more interesting skylander quests,but if there's nothing else to do, I'm probably not going to keep the game installed for much longer once I get most of the unique skylanders.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 13:51:31 29/08/2015
I still have a few goal , not totally boned yet .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#4 Posted: 16:55:48 29/08/2015
Who did you call? We're these answers from support, who have no idea about anything that might actually be planned and can only really say that they haven't been told anything is coming, or from someone with actual knowledge?
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#5 Posted: 10:16:15 30/08/2015
If it has been boned to maintenance mode, then it was a very good ride while it lasted a considerable number of years. If boned, it also means the developers are now working on... something else. That something else could well blow our minds. I'd be happy for Lost Island updates, but I'll be equally happy to try whatever the next great app might be. The glass doesn't have to be half empty or half full. After all - it's fluid.
#6 Posted: 12:29:37 30/08/2015
It might be just Battlecast, and blowing our minds it has yet to. Of course,it can, but with the whole mechanics of 'buy cards you can only use once despite having digital version that probably cost the same for some AR fancy animations' people are less than impressed.
---
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#7 Posted: 20:04:22 30/08/2015
It says what the plans are not to do, but it doesnt tell us what they want to do. I still expect an update for superchargers, but maybe not the update we expect. Maybe less maintance, but I Miss the weekly/monthly quests. Now thinking what to do with more than 25k of gems and 1.400.000.000 on gold....
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 01:12:12 31/08/2015
I've lost interest to even logging in everyday. Fortunately I was able to get all the limited availability companions a while back, but with all 214 Skylanders at 15 (sigh on Gnarly Barkley not being available), all character houses, eight dark and dragon houses, a legendary hall for each legendary, a boat load of Trap Master and Swap houses, several bird scout/cadet houses, dark and light gateways and all sanctums I've run out of things to get. Well over a billion gold, tens of thousands of wish stones, hundreds of millions in energy and close to 4,000 gems, and loads of every kind of trap. I've gotten at least one of each premium business to trigger the quests and now my quest log is totally empty. I have over 100,000 Mabu free even with every Mabu business currently on the islands.

I have a full friend list and I might get 10 return gifts every couple of days even though I gift everyone whenever I log in. At this point, the only thing I can think that's left is a few more Trap and Swap houses so all of them are occupied. I had been making sure I had at least 3,500 gems in case they dropped a new expensive companion on us, but I don't see that happening. They are obviously moving focus to Battlecast, and I don't see them bothering with Lost Islands again. They probably weighed gem income profits and decided it wasn't making enough money to justify further development and moved the devs elsewhere or let them go.

It was a good run, but I think it is done. When I enjoy a game, I like to try and do everything in it, and I believe I've reached that point with Lost Islands. Even if they added something new, I have enough resources to chew through it very quickly unless they make it so expensive on the very long time players even have any hope of acquiring it.
#9 Posted: 03:12:05 31/08/2015
Unfortunaly the long time players have enough gems and wont be paying actual cash for gems. That is not helping on the profit model.
I hope they wont forget that this game motivates people to buy the actual Figures also, with the weekly quests and to buy them early.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
#10 Posted: 12:46:59 31/08/2015
Quote: Darksteelforge
Unfortunaly the long time players have enough gems and wont be paying actual cash for gems. That is not helping on the profit model.
I hope they wont forget that this game motivates people to buy the actual Figures also, with the weekly quests and to buy them early.

I doubt they factor figure sales into the equation, because that would mainly make this game for marketing - which Battlecast now is going to handle. They probably figure it is just something extra to do with your figures you got for the console and use gem sales to determine interest.

I've got a feeling that they moved the devs to Battlecast, since it was announced a while after Lost Islands was parked.
#11 Posted: 17:38:04 31/08/2015
I doubt it also, but they should take other things in account for example how many daily players it has in november each year. That gives a good representation if the game is an addition for the other skylander games.
They cant really measure the impact the game has on the physical sales, but they can see how many daily players it has and if the game is enough populair to keep a few developers to support the fan base.
---
#12 Posted: 00:20:28 01/09/2015
Oh great . The only way i am gonna get a Fiznik or Ol Mac is if they pop up in the end of month wishing well.
---
#13 Posted: 07:04:41 01/09/2015
On the upside Dark, the well would be an EXTREMELY cheap way to snare these two companions.
#14 Posted: 09:56:04 02/09/2015
Well sadly all my wishy well coughed up this month was a Light Shrine .
---
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#15 Posted: 14:57:18 03/09/2015
Would companions that are unavailable to purchase for gems be able to pop up in the well?
#16 Posted: 15:27:56 03/09/2015
I've seen someone get Fiznik but that's about it. Still,you'd just get in once a month for a super small chance of getting any of them,let alone the one you want.
---
#17 Posted: 02:14:11 04/09/2015
If the well did offer companions, you'd have to assume it would only offer companions you don't already have.

I think I'm clocking up about 1000 gems each week, so even just paying for companions isn't the drama it used to be.

I'm assuming everyone else on Level 45 (most of us) are finding mass gem collecting pretty simple now, and are wondering if there will ever be anything else to spend our gems on.
#18 Posted: 19:05:12 14/09/2015
Mass gem collection is very easy when you dont have anything to spend it on. Now over 28k after been reset last year on the update. I am curious if there will be a superchargers update in a couple of weeks.
---
#19 Posted: 20:19:01 14/09/2015
Quote: Darksteelforge
Mass gem collection is very easy when you dont have anything to spend it on. Now over 28k after been reset last year on the update. I am curious if there will be a superchargers update in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, even when you only log in once a day pulling down 100 gems on average in a developed kingdom is really not hard at all. Back when I logged in several times a day and maximized my dark and dragon houses it was not unusual to do double or triple that. That makes it really hard to develop content that is compelling for people that might get 5 gems a day and people who regularly get 250+. Make it expensive and newer players just shrug and ignore it since it is too far out of range for them. Make it cheap and long time players buy it all the second the log in.

I remember a few months ago my biggest issue was the fact they limited you to 5 dark houses even though there were 8 dark characters - the gem cost of those extra 3 was pretty much trivial. It is hard to balance between players when one of your premium, high cost items is trivial for a good bit of your players, yet beyond reach for many others.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:21 14/09/2015 by defpally
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#20 Posted: 12:02:32 15/09/2015
Yes, the game almost needs an end point. If you're at the max level, have all Skylanders, and have some high level of gems, gold, and energy, it should give you a fancy decoration as a status symbol that gives you a gem/gold/energy each day, give you an exclusive 'Game master' alter ego, reset all skylanders to level 1 (so you don't have to re-enter codes), and restart the game. Maybe even with a new companion who lets you choose your theme (dark, winter, summer, etc).

Maybe even take away all skylanders for which codes have not been entered, so you have alter egos to spin for again.

A true reset, when your game data is lost is frustrating, but a roll-over that gives you something special for having completed the game, yet lets you have the fun of playing through a second time shouldn't be that hard to code, and would re-level the playing field. A long-time player who used to have more gems than they could spend may once again be tempted to spend real money.

Then, when the game goes on hiatus, instead of newer players catching up and older players getting bored and leaving, there would still be something for everyone.
#21 Posted: 17:27:01 15/09/2015
The developers of the skylander games are very creative. They could think of something interesting for the end game.
---
#22 Posted: 22:10:19 16/09/2015
Bravo arkham. You deserve a gold star for the post of the year.
#23 Posted: 23:17:27 16/09/2015
Well if the game is "ending" off with Trap Team , I guess i dont need to buy Super Chargers
---
#24 Posted: 12:03:20 17/09/2015
I wouldn't give up on it just yet, but I'm not optimistic. We will know in the next few weeks.
#25 Posted: 19:55:32 19/09/2015
Well, the unboxing videos have started to show up.

No codes. LI is kill, there's no way they'd make it tablet/bluetooth portal exclusive. You can get codes in the game,but this obviously stops people buying toys just for this.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:13:52 19/09/2015 by Bifrost
#26 Posted: 05:43:07 20/09/2015
It would be kind of silly to buy figures just for Lost Islands. It was a nice bonus to have an additional use for the figures we got anyways, but no codes most likely means no update for Superchargers (unless they are counting on you getting it in the console edition or something). If I were a betting man, I'd bet Lost Islands is pretty much done and in harvest mode now. The are probably going to just focus on the mobile edition and Battlecast.
#27 Posted: 13:01:45 20/09/2015
Quote:
It would be kind of silly to buy figures just for Lost Islands.

LI had a huge influence on my toy buying options .
---
#28 Posted: 13:10:51 20/09/2015
I'm not sure why, but then again I'm not sure why people buy gems in the game either. There is no "difficulty" to the game, the only challenge is time investment and buying gems minimizes even that. Why would you try to eliminate time investment in a game that is entirely about time investment?

Sure, there is value in having a certain number of figures so Toy Link Towers activate on their day, but there are enough web codes floating around to fill your stable with enough to meet that goal.
#29 Posted: 13:30:30 20/09/2015
Umm because its fun ? Of course you can nick off the net or even trade toy codes or if you are lucky you own one already but its not nearly as much fun . I buy a toy , I use that character in lost islands to clear mobs or adventure or camp in the sanctum . At low levels when you cannot afford to spin seeing your skylander unlocked and running around is awesome sauce . Its kinda like another world for your skylander toys to explore .

You get a Hall of Legends as a prize but you dont have a legendary....

You have a week to put in so and so toycode to claim a prize .....

You own legendary bouncer and now a bouncer house and there just happens a preloved Bouncer at the pawn shop ......

Dont you collect Skylander toys ?
I actually tried playing without using my codes and well it was horrid . Just a handful of skylanders makes such a difference .
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:33:54 20/09/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#30 Posted: 11:33:24 21/09/2015
As to why people buy gems - sometimes its as simple as realizing you're getting a lot of fun out of a game and, even though it is free to play, you want to give something to support the product/developers/company. Like giving a tip after good service. No, I'm not obligated to give anything, but after x hours of enjoyment, it's worth something.

Dark fhoenix already answered why people buy the toys - because its fun!

I don't mean this as anything against those who don't buy the toys or buy gems - to each his own - I'm just trying to answer defpally's question.

It is also worth noting that there didn't used to be so many ways to get games in game, so they were a much rarer commodity in the past. I think they may have shot themselves in the foot a bit by devaluing their own currency.
#31 Posted: 13:24:49 21/09/2015
I buy the toys, I just wondered about buying this *just* for Lost Islands. I can see getting a few, but having a big collection for that seems .. kind of expensive. They really don't "play" differently from one another - just allow you to power different things.

My perspective on gems is my personal one. The whole point of the game is to put in the time to develop your kingdom. There is no real right or wrong way to play, just time spent. Spending money on gems seems like it shortcuts the whole purpose of the game, it is not really a means to getting to better parts or better abilities. There is no "winning", and if I were to give my kingdom to someone -, with every character unlocked, and everything acquired and enough resources to never want for anything - they would probably get bored within a day or two and quit. In fact, I've cut way back since there is nothing more time can really acquire. It is just collecting more resources that will never be used. The goal of the game is to enjoy the journey, there is no finish line.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:34 21/09/2015 by defpally
#32 Posted: 12:37:37 22/09/2015
Quote:
I just wondered about buying this *just* for Lost Islands.

I literally bought a second hand Bouncer for the sole purpose of using his web code . He does not even light up on the portal but has special place in my heart . Bouncer was the last toy I summoned without spinning ot internet fishing . He served portal Master fhoenix with duty and honour . He gave up his code for my cause .

Quote:
Spending money on gems seems like it shortcuts the whole purpose of the game

Personally i think its rather fun to have a high level companion in a low level game . They are game changers but lose that edge if you get them the slow way . Who really needs an Ol Mac or Tessa or Callie at level 45 ? How much of a short cut is it exactly ? You saved a month ? or two months ?

Your average dungeon bum RPG game is about two or three months . Lost Islands is still at least a years worth of playing regardless of what you buy or not .
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:43:02 22/09/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#33 Posted: 13:59:43 22/09/2015
Ole Mac is a big game changer, even at 40+. He immediately lets you power Sanctums with three Skylanders every time, which massively increases your resource income. He is the one that really opened the door for me and made energy no longer a limiting factor. Ermit builds upon that. As does Diggs.

Tessa and Callie really aren't that great, that is true. But they are paying money for shortcuts, which seems more like a cheat to me.
#34 Posted: 17:51:09 22/09/2015
"Cheat" is harsh, so I feel the need to defend myself. smilie

At the time I spent real money on the game, I had been playing for some time and knew I liked it. The wishing well had a grand prize and all other wishes won gold, energy, or gems. It was a special weekend and the previous alter egos (at that point "Cupid Flameslinger" and "Lucky Boomer") were both available for purchase with gems.

There was no concept of wishing well prizes - let alone special weekends where past alter-egos could be won. To the best of my knowledge at that time, it was buy these two characters with gems, or never get them.

Was it really cheating to spend a few dollars on a game that was giving me many hours of enjoyment in order to get these two "rare" skylanders?

I think it was not. And I do not regret spending a bit of money to support this game. For the number of hours of play I ended up getting out of this game, they deserved at least that much from me in return.

I see no fault with anyone who chooses to never spend money on the game. It is free to play.

I will also not accept that it was cheating for me to choose to spend money. Both are valid ways to play the game.
#35 Posted: 18:12:19 22/09/2015
I agree. It is not cheating. I have never spend actual money on this game other then buying a lot of skylanders. Is buying a lot of skylanders cheating? It speeds up the game just like buying gems with real money. I think the journey is the most important.
The great part of the game is how it keeps changing (weekly quests) and the improvements they made. That is the experience and with no Changes the journey is getting Dull. I hope they will give it another update and the journey will continue. We will see....
---
#36 Posted: 23:03:23 22/09/2015
Quote:
Ole Mac is a big game changer, even at 40+.

I still dont have him . I had lots and lots of radiant fields , shrines and maximum normal fields and stuck to element of the day crops . My energy needs leveled off at around level 30 -32 ?

Whats wrong with supporting a game using real money or extra Skylander toys ?
Cheating means you act dishonest or unfairly in order to gain an advantage . Whats is dishonest about purchasing something for your game ?
Fishing for codes on the internet ? Now that is dishonest and unfair if it was not a code give away .
---
#37 Posted: 01:53:31 23/09/2015
Relax. I said it seems like cheating to me. And no, cheating is not equivalent to being dishonest. But, tapping in U U D D L R L R B A into Contra then beating the game doesn't make you a Contra pro or anything, nor does it make you dishonest. You are taking a shortcut, that's fine as long as it isn't online multiplayer, but do not pretend it isn't a shortcut.

I support the game as well, I bought some 300 odd Skylanders - I've never fished a code from the Internet. I didn't get them for Lost Islands, but I do like that I get extra benefit out of them. And no, I simply do not understand buying lots of figures for Lost Islands (I do get buying a few favorites). It just seems wasteful to me.

Ole Mac isn't just about energy, he also helps you gold because you get twice as much energy for the same money. That means he can half your outlay of gold for energy, or he can double your energy income. Either way one companion can have a significant effect on two of your resources.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:54:19 23/09/2015 by defpally
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me