Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Who still plays this game?
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#1 Posted: 19:16:28 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I haven't played it for about a year but I'm going to tonight! I'm really excited smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#2 Posted: 19:25:15 24/08/2015
YES ME I LOVE IT!! I play all of the original ones actually smilie And now that I've been playing them for ages I'm going more into the glitches and the hidden stuff and exploring the games a lot more. Not that this game is actually easy to complete however smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#3 Posted: 19:33:45 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaby
YES ME I LOVE IT!! I play all of the original ones actually smilie And now that I've been playing them for ages I'm going more into the glitches and the hidden stuff and exploring the games a lot more. Not that this game is actually easy to complete however smilie

Haha cool! I play YOTD all the time and the first game pretty often. Have you completed them?
---
oh my god
#4 Posted: 19:34:52 24/08/2015
I've completed all of them, Spyro 1 is by far the easiest to complete but I love it, this game I've completed a few times but YOTD I've only managed to complete once D: Mostly because of the yeti snowboarding challenge in the Super Bonus Round :c
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#5 Posted: 19:39:34 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Lol for me, YOTD was the easiest to complete (apart from the Super Bonus Round and Agent 9 with those god damn ninjas) and I've never completed the other two smilie
---
oh my god
#6 Posted: 19:43:46 24/08/2015
Oh my days that Fireworks Factory thing with Agent 9 makes me want to cry D: So you've never completed this game or the first one? Why dat? smilie
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#7 Posted: 19:45:43 24/08/2015
I replay every classic Spyro game at least once a year especially this one because it's my favourite. smilie
#8 Posted: 20:09:20 24/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh my days that Fireworks Factory thing with Agent 9 makes me want to cry D: So you've never completed this game or the first one? Why dat? smilie

Me too :'( :'( Nope; I haven't been able to! smilie But I haven't really tried for a long time. Maybe if I tried I could do it smilie

Quote: alicecarp
I replay every classic Spyro game at least once a year especially this one because it's my favourite. smilie

Great! smilie
---
oh my god
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#9 Posted: 23:19:38 24/08/2015
RR is definitely the most played of all of the Spyro games for me. It's my favourite, and I love messing around with the double jump and seeing what I can do with it.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
#10 Posted: 11:17:58 25/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Does anyone know if you can do the swimming in the air glitch on the PSN version?
---
oh my god
#11 Posted: 16:15:23 25/08/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
RR is definitely the most played of all of the Spyro games for me. It's my favourite, and I love messing around with the double jump and seeing what I can do with it.

Yeah same! I wish that had also been in YOTD, in this game it leads to some pretty awesome stuff (not that I can always do it properly smilie)

Quote: Jaggedstar
Does anyone know if you can do the swimming in the air glitch on the PSN version?

I'm not sure, I'd imagine so! I think a fair few people who do the glitch videos and stuff might have it, I see no reason why they'd take it out!
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#12 Posted: 17:25:36 25/08/2015
I feel like playing it right now, but I don't know where my PSP is! >_>

It's definitely my favourite of the original three. It's the most fun and replayable, mainly because of the double jump glitch, which is always entertaining to mess around with.
Spyro 1 has great levels too- probably the best ones in the trilogy- but lacks some polish and additions (story, controls, minigames) that really improved 2.
YoTD is fairly good, but has too much focus on its side characters and minigames, which were really bad at times.

My most played Spyro game is probably ANB, but only because I replayed it constantly as a kid. Replayed it last year and haven't touched it since. :P Nowadays I replay the original game, Spyro 2 and TEN on the GBA most.

Which one specifically? Just the glitch in general? I've done it on my OG PSP, sooo yes, at least on that console.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:48:40 25/08/2015 by Arc of Archives
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#13 Posted: 19:46:10 25/08/2015
Yep, I still like to go back to these Spyro games. I just find them really enjoyable.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#14 Posted: 19:50:22 25/08/2015
^Same here, the original trilogy, EtD and AHT are the only games I ever play, but I play the original trilogy the most. I never got into TLoS and Skylanders well... nah. smilie At least not at this moment in time, and if I do I will definitely not class them as Spyro games.
---
#15 Posted: 20:01:20 25/08/2015
^Same here, the original trilogy, EtD and AHT are the only games I ever play, but I play the original trilogy the most. I never got into TLoS and Skylanders well... nah. smilie At least not at this moment in time, and if I do I will definitely not class them as Spyro games.

Well I've tried, and tried to get into the Legend of Spyro, but the gameplay just doesn't really do anything for me.
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#16 Posted: 01:54:37 26/08/2015
I still play it. I play the three classics every now and then.
#17 Posted: 17:51:32 26/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Arc of Archives
I feel like playing it right now, but I don't know where my PSP is! smilie

It's definitely my favourite of the original three. It's the most fun and replayable, mainly because of the double jump glitch, which is always entertaining to mess around with.
Spyro 1 has great levels too- probably the best ones in the trilogy- but lacks some polish and additions (story, controls, minigames) that really improved 2.
YoTD is fairly good, but has too much focus on its side characters and minigames, which were really bad at times.

My most played Spyro game is probably ANB, but only because I replayed it constantly as a kid. Replayed it last year and haven't touched it since. smilie Nowadays I replay the original game, Spyro 2 and TEN on the GBA most.

Which one specifically? Just the glitch in general? I've done it on my OG PSP, sooo yes, at least on that console.

Yes, the glitch in general; I wasn't sure if it worked on the PSN version
---
oh my god
Blue egg theif Red Sparx Gems: 42
#18 Posted: 13:06:35 03/09/2015
I play it still but on emulator. I love double jump glitch.
---
Nanana hehehe.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#19 Posted: 04:58:58 04/09/2015
me I just got it a few monts ago and I love it still.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
#20 Posted: 05:50:21 29/09/2015
I haven't played this game in nearly 4 years ever since my PS2 took a dive (it was backwards compatible). I'm looking to get it on my PS3 though.
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
#21 Posted: 16:01:39 29/09/2015
Quote: ThunderBolt3811
I haven't played this game in nearly 4 years ever since my PS2 took a dive (it was backwards compatible). I'm looking to get it on my PS3 though.

In Britain you can get the whole original trilogy for £7.99
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#22 Posted: 01:56:06 30/09/2015
yes I love the original trilogy! smilie
ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
#23 Posted: 04:36:22 30/09/2015
Quote: ThunderBolt3811

In Britain you can get the whole original trilogy for £7.99

Aww really? Lucky... I live in the US xD
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ahaila Yellow Sparx Gems: 1954
#24 Posted: 05:07:43 30/09/2015
I actually played it a bit yesterday! smilie For some reason I often end up playing it.
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#25 Posted: 21:10:34 30/09/2015
Sometimes I still do. In my opinion, this one had the best bosses of the original 3 games. There are times I start it up just to go battle Gulp or Ripto.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#26 Posted: 11:17:05 31/12/2015
I'm planning on replaying the classic Spyro trilogy again by downloading the trilogy on the Playstation Store about the end of 2016, when my memory becomes hazy of them enough so that I can get another good experience out of them. The classic Spyro trilogy is honestly one of my most replayed games since childhood along with Ocarina of Time.

And the second one, although I think has the worse soundtrack out of the three, is my second favourite out of the trilogy, the first being Year of the Dragon. The third game's mini games is it's major flaw, but I adore the ability of playing as other characters (I especially adore playing as Sgt Byrd, and Sgt Byrd's base is one of my favourite levels out of the three games) and I love the game's atmosphere, soundtrack, dragon eggs, levels and Bianca.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:19:48 31/12/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#27 Posted: 11:51:06 02/01/2016 | Topic Creator
I was about to post here saying "meeee"

but then I looked at who posted the topic
---
oh my god
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#28 Posted: 22:36:18 02/01/2016
^ YOU!!
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8298
#29 Posted: 21:41:18 19/02/2016
I still play this game. A lot. I'm gonna go play it right now actually.
#30 Posted: 10:42:59 22/02/2016
I've recently completed it, it's my favourite out of the trilogy.
---
Spock Green Sparx Gems: 115
#31 Posted: 21:13:39 23/10/2016
I have recently played a brand new run through of both Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon, after at least a decade since my first.

I'm nearly finished with Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage. I've completed all words except for the speedways which unfortunately I've never been able to succeed in but I need to change that to achieve my goal of unlocking the permanent super flame for another new file. Though that is not necessarily my biggest obstacle as I never could defeat Ripto in my original run.

In Year of the Dragon, again apart from the speedways I have only Crystal Islands left. I'm unsure at the moment but I may need to conquer the speedways here as well to be able to enter the super bonus world.
I've managed to explore several gameshark/hack free glitches in this playthrough such as entering a secret room in Fireworks Factory and the abandoned mini-boss arena in Dino Mines as well as glitching my way into the alternate character areas prematurely to unlocking them. Awesome **** I had no idea about way back during my first run through. I'm pleased as punch with myself for that.

I must say that I'm rather bugged that the color changing cheat which I'd loved playing with back then, no longer works though I am still playing with the exact same copy of the game and PS2. Same goes for Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage.

I'd replay Spyro the Dragon as well but I no longer own it. I now regret parting with it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:19:35 23/10/2016 by Spock
#32 Posted: 02:27:02 09/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spock
I have recently played a brand new run through of both Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon, after at least a decade since my first.

I'm nearly finished with Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage. I've completed all words except for the speedways which unfortunately I've never been able to succeed in but I need to change that to achieve my goal of unlocking the permanent super flame for another new file. Though that is not necessarily my biggest obstacle as I never could defeat Ripto in my original run.

In Year of the Dragon, again apart from the speedways I have only Crystal Islands left. I'm unsure at the moment but I may need to conquer the speedways here as well to be able to enter the super bonus world.
I've managed to explore several gameshark/hack free glitches in this playthrough such as entering a secret room in Fireworks Factory and the abandoned mini-boss arena in Dino Mines as well as glitching my way into the alternate character areas prematurely to unlocking them. Awesome **** I had no idea about way back during my first run through. I'm pleased as punch with myself for that.

I must say that I'm rather bugged that the color changing cheat which I'd loved playing with back then, no longer works though I am still playing with the exact same copy of the game and PS2. Same goes for Gateway to Glimmer/Ripto's Rage.

I'd replay Spyro the Dragon as well but I no longer own it. I now regret parting with it.

Whenever I replay the games I always have trouble with the speedways. I usually leave those and the Sparx worlds in YOTD until last, or when I really need to complete them to move on. How do you mean by you went into alternate character areas?
---
oh my god
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#33 Posted: 04:54:47 09/12/2016
He's saying that he glitched into Sheila's Alp, etc. without unlocking the characters first
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#34 Posted: 03:18:39 10/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah I saw some videos of people doing that
---
oh my god
Spock Green Sparx Gems: 115
#35 Posted: 01:50:37 18/12/2016
Quote: Spock

Whenever I replay the games I always have trouble with the speedways. I usually leave those and the Sparx worlds in YOTD until last, or when I really need to complete them to move on. How do you mean by you went into alternate character areas?

There are several alternate character areas that are accessible before the necessary character is unlocked. I've elaborated in your YOTD thread in which you asked what glitches there are to try.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:51:04 18/12/2016 by Spock
BTDiamonds Blue Sparx Gems: 773
#36 Posted: 11:54:13 10/06/2017
I just started playing the game again today after about a year since I last completed it. I'm hyped! smilie
---
Stuff and things. smilie
#37 Posted: 21:51:05 10/06/2017
I played and completed it 100% on the day of this post. All done in one sitting, very satisfying run. Started at about 11 in the morning, and finished around 4 in the evening.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#38 Posted: 00:33:16 11/06/2017
I've started to replay all the first three games periodically 4 or 5 years ago.
Usually skip one year, but it's not a rule.

I played Ripto's Rage a couple weeks ago in particular, since I finally understood how to properly double jump: it's basically a childhood dream came true.

Even without the glitch, I still find all the three incredibly fun and enjoyable to these days (to the point of even discovering new things): I think that's truly what defines a masterpiece and really cannot same the same for many other non-open world/sandbox games.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#39 Posted: 02:56:34 11/06/2017
I've never owned a PS1, so I'm basically forced to watch Youtube vids

Feelsbadman
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#40 Posted: 19:55:49 11/06/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Feelsbadman

You never grew up with the PS1? Wow, I feel sorry for you.
---
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#41 Posted: 00:08:58 12/06/2017

Feelsbadman

You can play all 3 PS1 games on the PS2 because of backwards compatibility or the PS3 on the PlayStation store (they're also the PSP, and if you have a European account, the PS Vita. I'm still bitter about it not being available for US accounts). Anyway, all 3 games are good. I recommend playing them if at all possible, they are still great games nearly 20 years later.
---
You gotta believe!
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#42 Posted: 00:52:10 12/06/2017
Quote: madison-dwrd

Feelsbadman

You can play all 3 PS1 games on the PS2 because of backwards compatibility or the PS3 on the PlayStation store (they're also the PSP, and if you have a European account, the PS Vita. I'm still bitter about it not being available for US accounts). Anyway, all 3 games are good. I recommend playing them if at all possible, they are still great games nearly 20 years later.

I don't own any Playstations either

And it doesn't help that I wasn't born back when they came out
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#43 Posted: 20:46:06 13/06/2017
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I played and completed it 100% on the day of this post. All done in one sitting, very satisfying run. Started at about 11 in the morning, and finished around 4 in the evening.

I'm really impressed that you can finish it that fast! smilie It normally takes me 8-12 hours depending xD which is pathetic for someone who's been playing it for almost 14 years xD
---
#44 Posted: 03:49:10 19/06/2017
I'm really impressed that you can finish it that fast! smilie It normally takes me 8-12 hours depending xD which is pathetic for someone who's been playing it for almost 14 years xD

You gotta take advantage of those double jumps! Forget backtracking to levels, waiting until you have the climb ability, or needing more gems to progress. Moneybags doesn't need those gems anyway smilie
---
You gotta believe!
#45 Posted: 14:35:31 19/06/2017
Quote: madison-dwrd

You gotta take advantage of those double jumps! Forget backtracking to levels, waiting until you have the climb ability, or needing more gems to progress. Moneybags doesn't need those gems anyway smilie

For some reason I finding the double jump really hard I can never get it first try it takes loads of attempts smilie
---
#46 Posted: 17:56:07 19/06/2017
For some reason I finding the double jump really hard I can never get it first try it takes loads of attempts smilie

Ah ok. Yeah, it does take some muscle memory. Once you get it down, though, it's hard to not use it ALL the time. It's too much fun smilie One of the reasons I replay this game so much is because I can break out of bounds so often.
---
You gotta believe!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#47 Posted: 02:47:00 11/07/2017
i replay this game at least once a year now
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#48 Posted: 07:59:58 11/07/2017
Who isn't playing this game still?

No, seriously, who isn't? The Purple Inquisition greatly rewards those who reveal traitors to the cause.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me