Page 1 of 1
Is Trap Team worth it?
CelesteInk Blue Sparx Gems: 595
#1 Posted: 14:32:36 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I've seen a lot of comments here saying Trap Team is the best... I've seen a lot saying Swap Force, is the best... and I've seen a lot saying either of the two are the worst, so the opinions are obviously very split down the middle. So before just saying if you liked it or not, try to consider it from my perspective. I played Swap Force first, I adored every second other than the turret minigame. I then got Giants, and I thought for the most part it was awesome. It really wasn't anywhere near as good as Swap Force, but the bosses did it for me. In the end, Swap Force has a lot of complex things about most of the characters (even the older ones), the combat is smooth and balanced, and the content is just brilliant.

So I am thinking of going and getting Trap Team soon, with an additional four Trap Masters, three core characters, and four traps. Is it worth it, or should I hold off for Superchargers?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 14:41:08 21/08/2015
If you can get it for cheap, it sure is, it's fun unless you get too many glitches. But most people agree it doesn't hold up for being so expensive to 100% in comparison to others since the extras are so minimal.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 14:45:33 21/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I probably won't bother on 100%-ing it. I didn't bother doing it for Giants, and it took me a while till just last week for me to have enough figures to 100% Swap Force (not 100% the figure collection though). I mostly just want a great game that will last me a while, and be worth what I spend. It's probably going to cost me around two hundred to get what I want, since the cheapest I can find Knightmare for is $50. D:
The Collecter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1165
#4 Posted: 20:54:07 21/08/2015
Quote: CelesteInk
I probably won't bother on 100%-ing it. I didn't bother doing it for Giants, and it took me a while till just last week for me to have enough figures to 100% Swap Force (not 100% the figure collection though). I mostly just want a great game that will last me a while, and be worth what I spend. It's probably going to cost me around two hundred to get what I want, since the cheapest I can find Knightmare for is $50. D:

Check Gamestop, they have a good deal going right now on the trap masters (buy 2 get one free I think) and they may also have the trap team bundle on sale as well. Traps are on sale as well, check this weeks ad for all the sale prices. Plus all used toys to life are buy 2 get 3 free, if you are ok with preowned figures. And Nightmare is pretty easy to find there at least in my area, if you can't find her have your home store shipped from another. I finally got Scratch this week by doing that.
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#5 Posted: 21:21:07 21/08/2015
Go for used figures, ebgames/ gamestop usually have some really cheap ones, 2$-5$.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#6 Posted: 20:34:08 22/08/2015
Trap Team is a great game. It's not as fat as Swap Force (Swap Force had waaaay too many things to do). The big problem for me is the lack of figure availability in stores. I was at TRU just today and all I could find were Blastermind and Tuff Luck as trap masters. I also don't plan to buy used TT figures, as they are rarely seen and each are $8 here in Canada. Also the traps are $7, only one dollar down from the CAD price.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#7 Posted: 20:51:12 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: LameLime
Trap Team is a great game. It's not as fat as Swap Force (Swap Force had waaaay too many things to do). The big problem for me is the lack of figure availability in stores. I was at TRU just today and all I could find were Blastermind and Tuff Luck as trap masters. I also don't plan to buy used TT figures, as they are rarely seen and each are $8 here in Canada. Also the traps are $7, only one dollar down from the CAD price.

I don't see how Swap Force had "way too many things to do". It had a lot, and it had a freakish number of things compared to Giants, but as compared to other games with similar gameplay? Honestly, it was still lacking. I prefer Swap Force over Diablo III any day, as you could say Skylanders is Diablo for a younger audience, but when playing Diablo III, I really do wish Skylanders had as much things to do.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#8 Posted: 21:37:30 22/08/2015
No skylanders game has been "complete", but Swap Force has done the best job so far. I agree I wish Skylanders could fit everything Diablo could do...that would be heaven for me personally.
#9 Posted: 21:51:08 22/08/2015
Just remember this is the most expensive game thus far to unlock things, elemental gates can no longer be opened by cores, only trap masters can, if yoo want to play as a certain villain you have to get a trap of it's element ( good luck now with only water traps being readily available).

The game has a good story but it lacks content, the game is pretty glitchy, not uncommon to need to reset because the boss just disappears, you can fall through the floor but removing the figure and placing it back will do the trick, and enemies are damage sponges on higher difficulties, expansion/ adventures packs are hard to come by ( except for the occasional store finding a box in the warehouse, a few figures are more or less no longer available blackout comes to mind, if you didn't get him when he first came out then good luck finding him.

However this game is the easiest one the fully max out your figures with kaos doom challenge.

If you can find the game for cheap, then it's worth it, but I wouldn't pay more then 30$ for this one ( got mine when target was closing for 15$)
---
Currently playing:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:08 22/08/2015 by jesse217
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#10 Posted: 21:58:26 22/08/2015
Game is routinely $29.99, and if u saved your $10 coupon from the cereal boxes earlier this year...looking at $20 for the starter.
#11 Posted: 23:04:18 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
The one I am looking at is $40 if I order from Amazon, or $30 if I get not-lazy and go to Best Buy. lol
If I get it though, I am planning on grabbing Knightmare, Gearshift, Short Cut, Enigma, Deja Vu, Torch, and Bat Spin. I can get most of those figures for $5 to $10 from what I am seeing, but Knightmare is nearing $50, and Deja Vu is anyway from $15 to $25... because if I get them, I want their adventure packs.
I'm really iffy about Knightmare's price though. :/ One of the reasons I started Skylanders in the first place was Knightmare and Enigma, so I really want them... but I haven't even grabbed Ghost Roaster yet, and that dude is freakishly pricey too. Stupid prices... D:
#12 Posted: 23:16:52 22/08/2015
those two can be gotten cheap if you look in the right conner of ebay, ( guess skylander collectors don't feel like doing auctions lol). Auctions tend to stay very low and are easy enough to win, just put your max bid right away and sit back, i win most of the time this way, actually got wildfire for 2$ that way.
---
Currently playing:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:27 22/08/2015 by jesse217
#13 Posted: 23:26:15 22/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: jesse217
those two can be gotten cheap if you look in the right conner of ebay, ( guess skylander collectors don't feel like doing auctions lol). Auctions tend to stay very low and are easy enough to win, just put your max bid right away and sit back, i win most of the time this way, actually got wildfire for 2$ that way.

I don't care for auctions on Ebay either, but... $2?! o_o
I might have to look into this. I am dreading the idea of getting Ghost Roaster and Knightmare. Even if I don't 100% the character collection, I am still trying to get all of the Undead characters (I only want one figure per character, so no S1 and S2... unless it's Hex), so that still means I need to get Ghost Roaster soon. Ghost Roaster though, I feel won't be complete unless I have his Darklight Crypt, and because of his rarity, I want one opened, and one unopened... lol
#14 Posted: 23:41:16 22/08/2015
Unopened is really hard to find but an opened set is pretty is to find and low enough, also ebgames has used expansion packs on occasion, got empire of ice for 3$ and midnight museum for 7$ back in june.

Also when it comes to ebay, make sure you combine shipping or it'll be pretty expensive.
---
Currently playing:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:13 22/08/2015 by jesse217
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#15 Posted: 17:58:37 23/08/2015
Trap Team Sucks unless you like frustratingly unresponsive gameplay
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#16 Posted: 18:09:06 23/08/2015
Trap Team in my opinion was quite fun to play, and the story mode was probably one of the better in the series (SSA and SG beating it). The Story is a lot better than Swap Force, and the Villains really make it a unique experience. The damage levels could be improved, and there could definitely be a lot more to do once you're finished with the main game. And, of course, if you expect to 100 percent the main story, you will need a LOT of money in your pocket to get the different packs necessary. But if you're uninterested in that, at least get a full set of eleven traps, as well as the four adventure packs. You can enjoy the levels and each of the different villains without having ten Trap Masters. I say, if you enjoy Swap-Force, you might or might not like this more than SSF. But it should be an enjoyable experience regardless. I would recommend getting it.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#17 Posted: 01:46:00 24/08/2015
tt was average, not the sharpest tool in the shed but still a great game
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#18 Posted: 05:20:58 24/08/2015
Its fun to play through it one time, after that its just boring to me.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#19 Posted: 10:11:42 24/08/2015
Trap team is, IMO, the best of the Skylanders games. Not only because of the obvious tecnical imporvements (way better graphics, smooth controls, etc) but the fact that you are able to play as villains is a great implementation, both from a gameplay and storylilne point of views. On one hand you get to know the dark side of skylands, feeling nearer to understanding its universe, and on the other hand you get tons of bad guys to play with in a cheaper way (a water trap for instance can grant you 6 playable villains).

Kaos mode and arena challenges give replay value and the nightmare difficulty that unlocks after beating the game also grants you more time with the game.

The only two things where TT fails is pvp and online lack, but the villains really made it for me.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#20 Posted: 01:21:42 28/08/2015
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1217389...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just won this auction, this is to show how much you can save if you look in the right corner, remember you can get the shipping lowered by just asking, i for one like to combine items.
---
Currently playing:
Charios Green Sparx Gems: 127
#21 Posted: 09:17:12 28/08/2015
Personally, I found Trap Team very "meh". It seems like it tries to be Skylanders Giants/Spyro's Adventure but fails in the sense that it's more like Swap Force with the combat mechanics and activities (the two things I liked most about the game) stripped off, leaving a bland game that fails in both creativity and fun.
---
It's been one of those days where you think to yourself: "Well, I've done nothing today."
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me