Forum

Skylanders: Battlecast

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Skylanders: Battlecast News Topic [STICKY]
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#51 Posted: 20:01:42 18/08/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Someone in the FB asked for them to bring PVP back and their response was that Battlecast would have PVP. Because hack-and-slash gameplay is the same as card gameplay.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of.../ugh. No comparison between to two types of game play. I wasn't getting my hopes up for pvp anyway but it would have been nice. I would love a stand alone Skylanders fighter though.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#52 Posted: 20:02:31 18/08/2015
Someone in the FB asked for them to bring PVP back and their response was that Battlecast would have PVP. Because hack-and-slash gameplay is the same as card gameplay.

Oh god. This means that Battlecast is gonna be their reason why there is no pvp in superchargers. :/
---
Spread those positive vibes
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#53 Posted: 20:07:49 18/08/2015
*cough* *cough* Their excuse *cough*. Could just be the PR guy trying to be nice though,he can't just say 'oh we can't talk about the main game' and since it was on a Battlecast post and the guy didn't specify the game,they aren't wrong.

But at this point, little to no hope. I'm sure the animations are good and the spells look funny,but it's still not exactly a metagame most can be part of. I for sure won't be getting a new phone if mine is too outdated,and it probably is. Racing is looking much more attractive now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:32 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#54 Posted: 20:35:23 18/08/2015
Idk, I might get some of these cards depending on the cost.
I doubt it, but I might.
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#55 Posted: 21:23:15 18/08/2015
srsly? its not it. i alredy made it
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#56 Posted: 21:51:13 18/08/2015
Yup, won't be missing much from skipping this game.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#57 Posted: 22:32:13 18/08/2015
Just saying
Those kids in the trailer look too old to be playing Skylanders
That blonde girl is probably more interested in gossip, and Starbucks and other stuff teenage girls are into, than Skylanders...
Okay just thought I'd get that out of the way before I give my thoughts

Well I'm upset now... I was hoping this would be a PVP oriented game
But i'm pretty sure baa-tle-whatever is different than BattleCast soley because that one image of VV people playing the game had SuperChargers UI
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#58 Posted: 22:41:02 18/08/2015
Looking at the amount of teenagers and adults here, it could be possible. Just... Not making big goofy faces. At least I hope I'm not doing that while I play the game.

Baa-tle Flag also had assets that are really similar to Cloud Kingdom, so either the logo being there was just a coincidence and never planned, or they split off the games into Superchargers and Battlecast and forgot about the third person view entirely.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:41:18 18/08/2015 by Bifrost
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#59 Posted: 23:05:31 18/08/2015
Those kids look too good to play Skylanders tho
That came out really creepy, but contextually you know what I mean. They don't look like they aren't popular kids. Or deprived of fun to have to play video games. Ah well, that just bugs me, but I'm a hypocrit...
Most hottest boy in the 8th Grade... Right? (Not really smilie)
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:05 18/08/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
#60 Posted: 23:15:55 18/08/2015
Well, they're actors, if they got people who were going to spend time with cards to compensate for social issues they wouldn't sell the game as much. Even if it's supposed to appeal to older fans, the ad will get the attention of kids with a 'even the grown ups love it' feel.

On topic, the Skylanders social media said that there'll be a demo released when Superchargers comes out. I wonder if they'll do like Universe's pre-SSA release and some other special demos where you can carry over anything you win in it to the full game?
---
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#61 Posted: 01:24:21 19/08/2015
Seems kinda cool. Skystones for 3DS didn't last long online. It died down with people rage quitting all the time. This might make a better solution for it.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#62 Posted: 01:31:46 19/08/2015
Sadly we can´t use our old Skylanders cards....
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#63 Posted: 02:36:17 19/08/2015
Ive been wondering how that works actually, they had Spyro in the trailer and yet Spyro isnt coming out this year. I think it'd be cool if they did separate packs for each element from each game since there are 4 whole games' worth of characters without the new cards
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#64 Posted: 03:06:40 19/08/2015

Wow. I don't mean to make people angry here, but these little "one off games" on mobile are distant relatives to the real action in the game itself, and for my money would rather have it all very neatly tied up into one game. I didn't think their previous mobile games did spectacularly well, and I don't quite get what they're trying to do. Although Battlecast looks interesting, there's little doubt in my mind that I won't be sinking my money into BOTH, and the flagship product is where my heart is. Sorry. I may dabble and buy one or two card packs to see what the hub hub is over, but nothing is going to beat PvP for classic battles.

Bit, are they missing their frontal lobes? PvP was were A TON OF US spent time in PVP after the game was beat with mom dad and the kids. Disappointing. They missed a golden opportunity to award loyalists by allowing use of the current figure stat cards. How awesome would that be?
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:12:59 19/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#65 Posted: 05:50:39 19/08/2015
Quote: isaac343018s
Ive been wondering how that works actually, they had Spyro in the trailer and yet Spyro isnt coming out this year. I think it'd be cool if they did separate packs for each element from each game since there are 4 whole games' worth of characters without the new cards

I think it would be awesome if you were able to use your toy codes to get the digital version of that character's card. If they did that, then Battlecast could be the first card game that I ever get in to.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#66 Posted: 08:40:59 19/08/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
Those kids look too good to play Skylanders tho
That came out really creepy, but contextually you know what I mean. They don't look like they aren't popular kids. Or deprived of fun to have to play video games. Ah well, that just bugs me, but I'm a hypocrit...
Most hottest boy in the 8th Grade... Right? (Not really smilie)

Yeah, that's what I said at the beginning of this topic, they look older. That sentence about being deprived of fun to play games, made me a bit sad, since I have been playgin games a lot latelysmilie

On topic, I woul have loved the cards to have unique pictures which haven't been seen before.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#67 Posted: 11:55:11 19/08/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Wow. I don't mean to make people angry here, but these little "one off games" on mobile are distant relatives to the real action in the game itself, and for my money would rather have it all very neatly tied up into one game. I didn't think their previous mobile games did spectacularly well, and I don't quite get what they're trying to do. Although Battlecast looks interesting, there's little doubt in my mind that I won't be sinking my money into BOTH, and the flagship product is where my heart is. Sorry. I may dabble and buy one or two card packs to see what the hub hub is over, but nothing is going to beat PvP for classic battles.

Bit, are they missing their frontal lobes? PvP was were A TON OF US spent time in PVP after the game was beat with mom dad and the kids. Disappointing. They missed a golden opportunity to award loyalists by allowing use of the current figure stat cards. How awesome would that be?

Agree especially regarding PvP (if only they at least inroduced some PvC battles with the Skylanders you choose... *sigh*) but while I do think it would have been great if they allowed our cards to unlock content inside the game I don't think that would have been physically possible.

Cards were created without the Battlecast idea in mind I guess so they had to create new ones that the cameras could scan and recognize.
It would be nice if they actually let you exchange your old cards for the Battlecasts' ones somehow (maybe at the major retailers) but don't think they will offer this option.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#68 Posted: 12:07:53 19/08/2015
Problem is that people would most likely abuse it by buying from Ebay since older ones go for cheap. It's not as easy to resell as used as a figure.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#69 Posted: 14:57:09 19/08/2015
Most likely...

Don't know, there might be other ways to award long time fans without forcing them to buy new cards.

The E3 Hot Streak's sticker sheet had the Battlecast logo behind it.

Maybe and I say maybe they could somehow make old stickers work as AR codes.
They do have the qr codes on them, might be possible to do something.
Or they could even unlock character cards by entering the in-game codes; you won't access the AR fatures but would at least be able to use them inside the game.

Definitely don't know this type of technology well enough to guess more.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#70 Posted: 16:59:12 19/08/2015
are you kidding me.This sounds like a joke
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#71 Posted: 14:25:55 20/08/2015
A new screenshot in an article giving a quick look to two abilities, Dragon Drop and Burp. If it's Spyro or Magic exclusive it's hard to tell.

The FAQ is also up, and you can find some smaller new info like how there's a digital starter set of cards for new players and other stuff:

Quote:
Cards can be upgraded when you scan in a duplicate version of that card. Any card upgraded to level 10 unlocks a gold version of that card. A foil card will automatically unlock the level 10 version of that card.

Quote:
No. Once a physical card is scanned into an online collection it cannot be used again. Note however, that a physical card will retain its AR features after being scanned so you can always use your mobile device to bring a card to life or use it to duel against another card.

(ugh)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:29:40 20/08/2015 by Bifrost
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#72 Posted: 18:52:39 20/08/2015
That first screenshot was seen in the trailer.

Hm, so if anyone tries to use someone else's card, they can't use it?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#73 Posted: 19:13:06 20/08/2015
Only the AR functionality. Meaning that people will only start selling their duplicates when they already have Gold Cards and won't be able to use them anymore; so what will already be expensive to import or collect will be even more with that in the way. People will just give up and buy digital packs like Hearthstone, no idea how Acti thinks this'll work.
---
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#74 Posted: 22:12:03 20/08/2015
Well, as seemingly one of the few people to actually collect the Topps cards, I like they are doing something different. I wonder if these are going to replace Topps cards or be another alternative. I am sure I will try the game, but I just want to collect the set mainly. Wonder if the cards can play their own game without a tablet or if the tablet just makes it "cooler".
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#75 Posted: 22:05:46 24/08/2015
At 0:57 you can a Hot Head card in the pile of cards
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#76 Posted: 00:16:48 10/09/2015
Quote: Kevin16
Sadly we can´t use our old Skylanders cards....

Well thats a downer.
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#77 Posted: 21:25:48 14/09/2015 | Topic Creator
Guys! For anyone who is still here I found Battleground cards in the 3DS starter pack. I think the random packs might contain non Supercharers cards. I also think codes might also help unlock cards.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#78 Posted: 03:29:43 16/09/2015
When I get the 3DS version I will post my card scans
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5289
#79 Posted: 00:13:33 20/09/2015
Out now on android.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#80 Posted: 01:11:38 20/09/2015
Yeah the demonstration app is also on iTunes. Crashes every time I scan a card though. So... uh... great start. smilie
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5289
#81 Posted: 01:58:42 20/09/2015
Quote: dark52
Yeah the demonstration app is also on iTunes. Crashes every time I scan a card though. So... uh... great start. smilie

Yep. Hopefully it updates soon.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#82 Posted: 03:02:23 20/09/2015
The music..... *sob*

[User Posted Image]
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:07:45 20/09/2015 by Aura24
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#83 Posted: 03:54:59 20/09/2015
Oh my Kingdoms the Loading Screen looks awesome!

What Music?
#84 Posted: 04:12:46 20/09/2015
On the Battlecast app.
---
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#85 Posted: 06:58:15 20/09/2015
Here are PDFs of the 2 "free" cards you get from the Battlecast game:

Spitfire
http://hyperurl.co/9gsqth
https://www.skylanders.com/con...fe-Spitfire.pdf

Stealth Elf
http://hyperurl.co/cp07t6
https://www.skylanders.com/con...Stealth-Elf.pdf

You can print out and scan those cards into the app (so I guess you don't need them from the starter pack?).

Other cards greyed out in the collection include:
-Spitfire's Nitro Tank Gear (Equipped character can swap an extra time each turn)
-Spitfire's Burning Rubber Spell (Deal 40 damage to the active enemy. This card costs 3 less if you already played a spell this turn)
-Stealth Elf's Ninja Strike Spell (Stealth Elf attacks an enemy)
-Stealth Elf's Trickster's Trap Spell (Swap in an enemy. Snare it)

The collection page says that there are 270 cards to collect (but only the cards mentioned above are shown).

There are quests, as follows:
-Scan Stealth Elf between October 1st and October 31st
-Scan Stealth Elf between December 1st and December 31st
-Scan Spitfire between November 1st and November 20th
-Scan Spitfire between January 1st and January 31st (2016)
#86 Posted: 07:20:41 20/09/2015
Also, you can scan the cards quite easily from an image on your monitor or cell phone (so you don't even have to print them out - as long as you have another device to show them).

If you scan both cards at the same time, it starts a "showdown", where you press / select on the Skylander that you want to attack with. Aside from going through the animations, this doesn't seem to do anything right now. I guess we'll have to wait for some future app update to give us more.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#87 Posted: 11:12:05 20/09/2015
Oh my god its out! this will make up the waiting for SuperChargers, i hope i can play this without cards smilie
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#88 Posted: 14:43:10 20/09/2015
Installed it. Can sum up the preview with one word: LAAAAG. Lag in the menu,lag in the options,lag in the scanning, heck, even lag while pressing the 'next page' button in the collection. LI was more optimized than this with a dozen other apps open.
---
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#89 Posted: 20:40:26 20/09/2015
i didnt have lag but apparently the scan feature dose an amazing job of crashing the app.
#90 Posted: 20:59:55 20/09/2015
My Android version seems to have lag, but it doesn't crash (at least on my tablet). Is it crashing on iOS?
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#91 Posted: 23:53:25 20/09/2015
well i got a droid razor phone, runs on android. everything runs fine until i go to scan, it lags a little then goes to the scan page of "place your card here" it hangs there for about 5 seconds then crashed back to the home screen, 1 time i picked up the cards then it crashed lol. its the 1 thing about phones, its like making a game for 100 different console and have it work perfectly on all of them.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#92 Posted: 11:44:40 21/09/2015
Here's a look at what the app let's you do currently:

---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#93 Posted: 13:46:40 21/09/2015
I am wondering how they are going to keep you from scanning cards you don't actually own from a computer/tablet/[large]phone screen? Do they have some magical tech to prevent this? Or will everyone just end up with every card in the end due to this?

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#94 Posted: 13:47:25 21/09/2015
You can only scan a card once, so it's a special case for the free card pdfs.
---
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#95 Posted: 21:42:57 28/09/2015
Looks like they rushed it. I thought his was coming in 20-6?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#96 Posted: 21:48:58 28/09/2015
They said it was just a preview of what's to come. I think this is coming out in January, even if currently there's a quest to scan the cards again in November.

Edit: Whoops, wrong date! It updated to October now - don't forget to rescan the cards before the 31st!
EDIT2: Now it's the November quest time!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:06:17 01/11/2015 by Bifrost
jasoninquires Blue Sparx Gems: 966
#97 Posted: 06:37:05 31/12/2015
FIRST LOOK:

I got the exclusive first look at the Skylanders Battlecast card game!

[User Posted Image]

Images are all up on the website, Don't' want to bog down the page with a bunch of images since I know that's a no-no :-P

Here is the summary:

Quote:
First thing first. There are going to be over 270 cards released in the Battlecast series. 270!

Those cards will be broken down into four different categories: Character cards, spell cards, relic cards, and gear cards

Character Cards — Summon your Skylander to cast spells and attack your foes
Spell Cards — Cast powerful spells to smite foes on the field of battle
Relic Cards — Change how the game is played with mysterious relics
Gear Cards — Equip gear to boost your Skylanders
A trading card game wouldn’t be complete without rarities, right? There are four rarity levels for Skylanders Battlecast: Common, Rare, Epic, and Ultimate.

So how does one get these cards? They will be available in two different styles of packs (at least): Booster Packs & Battle Packs.

Booster Packs are the bread and butter. These packs will give you 8 cards. Though no word yet officially if there is a guaranteed ‘rarity’ in each pack.

In addition to the Booster Packs, there are also Battle Packs (that won’t get confusing at all). The Battle Pack includes 22 cards plus a ‘trading shield’.

What’s the trading shield? Good question.

In Skylanders Battlecast, you will actually ‘scan in’ your cards, and around the edge of each card is a unique code corresponding to that card. After you scan that card in, the cards are non-transferable. So they give you the Skylanders Battlecast ‘Trading Shield’ that allows you to safely trade the card, or post photos online, without someone ‘scanning the code’.

So what cards are we getting? Here are the lists so far…

Commons
Hex
Smash Hit
Snap Shot
Spitfire
Spyro
Stealth Elf
Stormblade
Trigger Happy
Rare/Epic (Hard to see color in photo)
Crusher
Food Fight
Hot Head
Jawbreaker
Jet-Vac
Pop Fizz
Riptide
Roller Brawl
Ultimate
Countdown
Eruptor
Flashwing
Krypt King
Ninjini
Tree Rex
Wash Buckler
Whirlwind
Finally, what is the cost?

Josh said the packs Booster Packs cost him $7.99 NZD ($5.45 USD or so) and the Battle Packs cost $16.99 NZD ($11.64 USD or so).

So we’ll see how that translate to pricing, but that sounds about right.

- See more at: http://www.skylandersinquirer....h.kSsNH70s.dpuf
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:37:41 31/12/2015 by jasoninquires
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#98 Posted: 10:17:55 31/12/2015
Hex is coming in a battle pack for sure... the first and the last pack I'll be getting.
#99 Posted: 10:37:13 31/12/2015
Dear lord those blindbags are expensive. But that Trading Shield definately seems useful for ebay sellers,so loose isn't out of the question yet!

I'll be running a Hex deck if she's common not even ashamed. Though,ew,her S1 art is on the card e_e

Thanks a ton, Jason, didn't know/remember you'd post here and in your news site :3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:38:52 31/12/2015 by Bifrost
#100 Posted: 10:58:31 31/12/2015
Getting the Battle Pack~
---
First | Page 2 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me