Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > [OFFICIAL TOPIC] The AU Hunting And News Topic!
First | Previous | Page 8 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[OFFICIAL TOPIC] The AU Hunting And News Topic!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#351 Posted: 02:38:19 13/12/2016
Damn illusive pain-Yatta. i hope target stores get enough stock to make him readily available. Store exclusives for non-variants always worry me, especially for popular toys like pain-yatta. Just have to keep checking everyday or 2 I guess .
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#352 Posted: 03:39:53 13/12/2016
I got pain-yatta today and EEF on Friday but nothing else.

Still no sign of W3 Sensei's in Sydney smilie

I'll be going overseas tomorrow, so I'll just get a friend to buy them for me this Thursday since I've heard they'll be 1/2 price at BigW.
#353 Posted: 04:55:48 13/12/2016
Yay

all wave 3 things available for order on the target website smilie

https://www.target.com.au/search?text=skylanders
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#354 Posted: 21:42:05 14/12/2016
time to get 3 for 30 smilie
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#355 Posted: 04:10:25 15/12/2016
Quote: Snap Shot
time to get 3 for 30 smilie

Or $9.50 each at Big W. Crystals for $5. =)

Thumpin' Wumpa Islands still $39, and Enchanted Elven Forest $32, though.
CakeMc Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#356 Posted: 06:18:14 15/12/2016
Mind posting a image with BigW's Deals?
---
Kaos - The Master Of All Battle Classes
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#357 Posted: 02:28:23 19/12/2016
It's worth checking your local Target to see if they have Pain-Yatta and other Wave 3 stuff even if the site says they had none. I went to mine yesterday and they had Chain Reaction and plenty of Pain-Yatta even though the site said they didn't
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#358 Posted: 06:37:44 09/01/2017
Can anyone say 'scorched earth'? I get the feeling that these two retailers wanted to take advantage of the Christmas rush to get rid of all of their Imaginators stock (with Target's 'three senseis for $30' and Big W's half-price sale), and then just not get any more stock in. I don't think this looks good for waves 4 and 5. =/

<removed the images>
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:11:10 13/01/2017 by Darkling183
#359 Posted: 07:10:06 09/01/2017
Damn. Never seen shelves so empty for skylanders
IansElite Green Sparx Gems: 423
#360 Posted: 09:39:39 09/01/2017
Bit worrying went to about 5 different stores (Target/Big W) in NSW same result empty shelves. Seems they have limited stock online @ target but Big W still dismal as usual.
#361 Posted: 20:57:33 09/01/2017
Quote: IansElite
Bit worrying went to about 5 different stores (Target/Big W) in NSW same result empty shelves. Seems they have limited stock online @ target but Big W still dismal as usual.

Yeah I have noticed that too. Looks like the end of Skylanders seem quite possible with such low stock. I was hoping to pick up some cheap crystals.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#362 Posted: 22:03:32 09/01/2017
The shelves being emptied at this time of year doesn't necessarily mean the world is ending. With Xmas and those deals on they may have just sold a lot and they're waiting for their restocks.

The real time to stress comes if they reclaim the skylanders space for other merchandise. Department stores really don't like to have emptied shelves on show. So if they're leaving them free they are most likely expecting a decent restock.
---
#363 Posted: 02:52:44 10/01/2017
BigW Ballina has a crap ton of crystals and about 15 - 25 figures, not sure about Target
---
#364 Posted: 01:38:55 11/01/2017
Considering how much Superchargers stock has been lying around on shelves for months and months, I think they just wanted to make sure the same thing didn't happen with Imaginators. They priced things at a level people were ok with paying, and did it right at the time people will be doing their last bit of Christmas shopping, so now they've managed to clear their shelves. I wouldn't be worried about this affecting future waves, if anything it shows that the toys sell if priced right and cleared up a lot of space for new toys.
---
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#365 Posted: 08:09:15 13/01/2017
Quote: kaosmumishot
I just went into my local EB Games (Australia) and the Skylanders section was almost bare. The only Crystals were the water ones (what's with the water element? I seem to recall there being a million water traps left over as well) and there were no Senseis.

So I rang their customer support to ask about the remain 5 Sensei's (not counting variants) and whether EB Games were going to be getting in any more Imaginators stock in general. According to the person in support there is no word yet on the 5 remaining characters and whether or not EB Games get them in depends on whether they are made available in the region in sufficient quantities. In relation to getting in further products from the existing waves apparently they are getting some more stock in over the coming months, but there's no indication of whether or not it's a lot of stock or a little.

My local Target store is virtually sold out so I rang Target customer support. The person there checked and said that there is no sign of any orders for any Skylander Imaginator games, figures or crystals of any description. I mentioned there was concern that this will be the last game and if he thought that was a sign that Target wouldn't be getting anymore in, in future. He said in his opinion that could very well be the case but he couldn't say for certain.

So I decided to contact BigW who back in the early days were the place to buy Skylanders. According to the person I spoke to in customer support there are no orders in the system and he's very confident that Big W will not be ordering in any further Skylander Imaginator products.

Of the other stores that used to carry Skylanders back in the day, K Mart no longer carry any toys to life figures. JB Hi Fi seem to only stock the starter packs and I haven't been into Toys R Us (Australia) but there are no Skylanders at all listed on their website.

So if you're in Australia at least, check your local Target and Big W and grab what you can while you can and cross your fingers that EB Games stays with the franchise for at least a few more shipments.

Thanks for doing all that research. It doesn't sound like waves 4 and 5 will see a wide release here in Aus.

So, to cover my bases, I went to Target's website and ordered Ambush and Dr Krankcase (still $16 each - much better than JB Hi Fi or EB Games). That way, at least I'll have a Knight and Quickshot sensei if I can't get Wild Storm and Tidepool.

---
EDIT: Hopefully now, with an announcement of an actual street date for the Wild Storm adventure pack (Cursed Tiki Temple), the stores might order some? Maybe Activision hadn't finalised its plans for Wild Storm and Grave Clobber before now, so there was nothing for the stores to order and hence nothing in their systems.
#366 Posted: 10:01:52 13/01/2017
Based on the recent information about Wild Storm being released in March, I have a feeling none of the stores (Target and BigW) have anything on order until then.

I can only assume that based on the sales of Trap Team and Superchargers, the purchasing managers for Target/Big W have been a lot more cautious to their stock levels and re-orders for this game.

My guess would be is they ordered one large batch for W1 and W2, then less for W3. Their recent sales on Imaginators pretty much wiped their stock clean and I highly doubt there'll be re-orders until March.

Since I've come back from overseas (left the day before W3 started popping up), every store I've been to pretty much has zero stock of Senseis (all w1 to w3), adventure packs and crystals (some have a few, and a few targets have the Tech double pack). Whether or not the low stock is a good thing, I can only assume that Activision reps press really hard to get their sales and push Target/Bigw to buying "new" stock for the newer releases, after all, a store manager won't want to hear that another store will get all the customers in the door and not their store because their purchase manager didn't buy stock. Why is it that catalogs always have the same figures on sale the same week? It's all in the Sales pitch of Activision reps smilie
#367 Posted: 11:09:29 13/01/2017
I was surprised to walk into a Target today and see quite a few senseis on the shelves - no crystals, though. They had about ten each of Tri-Tip, Tae Kwon Crow and Barbella; a few Chopscotches and Dr Krankcases; and one Ember.

I'm a bit bummed by the news that Wild Storm will be released in an adventure pack. I didn't think much of Enchanted Elven Forest (only bought it for Boom Bloom, because I didn't want Chompy Mage or Ambush), and I don't need another Life crystal, so I'll be paying roughly double the price of a regular sensei for no real gain. =/
#368 Posted: 12:14:50 13/01/2017
hahaha yeah, I don't need another life crystal also smilie

Either way, I'll be buying it, I've bought everything to date, so it'd be no different. Wild Storm is actually looking like my favourite of the series. It was initially Starcast, but this figure looks really cool.

btw, your Air crystal is going to great use smilie

#roadto100ccs!!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
#369 Posted: 12:36:31 13/01/2017
Holy crud. How many is that??
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#370 Posted: 13:55:52 13/01/2017
EB Games website now has a placeholder for the Switch starter pack. Hopefully the new adventure pack will be available for pre-order soon.
#371 Posted: 21:24:31 13/01/2017
Quote: Darkling183
Holy crud. How many is that??

84 out of 100 (technically 103 since the Legendary crystals are extra)

Only missing 1x earth from the GPO pack and 3 lots of the last 6 moulds to come out
#372 Posted: 01:44:01 14/01/2017
Wow. I don't even want to think how much that little forest of coloured plastic must have cost... O.o
#373 Posted: 07:12:16 14/01/2017
Cheaper than traps smilie

BigW's sale and the 8 pack help lowered the price a little....

The Skylander collection would be a bit more smilie
#374 Posted: 07:37:17 14/01/2017
Wow, got a duplicate Bronze Chest, already had bronze and gold, needed silver, good way to waste 6 dollars
---
#375 Posted: 07:50:09 14/01/2017
In my experience, purple packets yield the silver chests.

Every single purple pack I've purchased is a silver chest
#376 Posted: 09:53:08 14/01/2017
Quote: mR_CaESaR
In my experience, purple packets yield the silver chests.

Every single purple pack I've purchased is a silver chest

...****, Should of known, oh well, guess I can cough up an extra 6 dollars
---
#377 Posted: 05:57:50 15/01/2017
Phew. The Imaginators shelves at Big W are now half-full rather than completely empty (not counting Imaginite chests). That's a bit better. Not awesome, but better.

I guess the stores did want to clear out the large shipments they initially received, and will now just maintain a lower level of stock to avoid ending up in another Superchargers situation.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:57:38 17/01/2017 by Darkling183
#378 Posted: 06:05:04 15/01/2017
yeah they have restocked at local Big W too. The Switch sounds good.
---
#379 Posted: 06:46:11 15/01/2017
maybe it's a good thing... maybe we can still find starcast/barbella chases smilie
#380 Posted: 13:08:56 15/01/2017
Hmm, I didn't even know that Starcast and Barbella had chase variants. The Starcast one looks pretty cool - very apt for a ninja. smilie
#381 Posted: 19:24:27 15/01/2017
Yep.

Starcast

[User Posted Image]

And the other chases thus far for Imaginators (not including the blue pain-yatta since I don't have it yet)

[User Posted Image]
#382 Posted: 02:01:15 16/01/2017
I was going to say "aww, no Tuff Luck?", but then I saw her hiding in the back. =)

Out of curiosity, why are they called 'chase' variants, anyway? Because you have to chase them down?
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#383 Posted: 09:13:31 16/01/2017
I see EB Games have now officially listed the Switch version for pre-order. Hoping Target and Big W will stock it as well. As usual EB Games are overpriced. Need some competition to keep them honest. Interestingly Big W have really bumped up their online prices again. Maybe because they're so low on stock?
#384 Posted: 09:18:09 16/01/2017
Yeah, when I was in Big W the other day, senseis were back to $19 and crystals for $10. I think Target is still selling senseis for $16 and crystals for $9.
#385 Posted: 02:36:57 17/01/2017
Got confirmation that Cursed Tiki Island is launching March 12th in Australia, RRP of $39.99. Australian press release also mentioned "new heroes" launching in Spring, including Grave Clobber so it would appear we're still getting the future waves smilie

http://www.monamiibo.com/new-l...ginators-march/
---
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#386 Posted: 02:43:56 17/01/2017
I was going to say "aww, no Tuff Luck?", but then I saw her hiding in the back. =)

Out of curiosity, why are they called 'chase' variants, anyway? Because you have to chase them down?

I believe the term chase has come from the fact that you have to "chase" them.

Each wave since Superchargers, I visit around 40+ stores to try and "find a chase". Never has it happened smilie
#387 Posted: 04:58:54 17/01/2017
Quote: MA-Josh
Got confirmation that Cursed Tiki Island is launching March 12th in Australia, RRP of $39.99.

Cool. That's one down for me; one more to go (Tidepool). =)

I believe the term chase has come from the fact that you have to "chase" them.

Each wave since Superchargers, I visit around 40+ stores to try and "find a chase". Never has it happened smilie

Releasing three chase variants of Fire Bone Hot Dog is a bit excessive, don't you think? =)
Punch_Potion_X Blue Sparx Gems: 894
#388 Posted: 08:04:50 17/01/2017
^ ^ ^ ^

YAY!!! More gameplay for me.

This pretty much solidifies Australia receiving Waves 4 and 5. Phew. That was a scare.
---
Skylanders Ring of Heroes.
Will (hopefully) only require pockets half as deep
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:05:29 17/01/2017 by Punch_Potion_X
#389 Posted: 09:31:28 17/01/2017

Releasing three chase variants of Fire Bone Hot Dog is a bit excessive, don't you think? =)

It was a Lays (Thins) promotion which wasn't available in store
#390 Posted: 07:52:02 14/02/2017
Walked into my local Target today and was surprised to see dozens of Eggcited Thrillipedes (no regular ones), Spring Ahead Dive Bombers, and Buzz Wings, as well as a heap of Birthday Bash Pop Fizz. A new shipment of spring-themed Superchargers toys must have just come in.
#391 Posted: 07:55:56 14/02/2017
Yeah that happened to me last week... I said to the guy, what about Imaginators stuff? He just shrugged his shoulders.

It's must be the Easter theme they're going for, I've heard there's not going to be an Easter release here of Senseis
#392 Posted: 09:06:15 14/02/2017
Honestly, who does Target think is even still playing Superchargers at this point? O.o

In terms of Imaginators stock at this Target, they only had crystals and chests - no senseis.

At the nearby Big W, they had one Tae Kwon Crow, one Ember and four or five Tri-Tips; and again, a fairly good assortment of crystals.

I've already got my Flare Wolf, and I'm not really interested in Air Strike, so it doesn't bother me too much if we don't get the Easter variants - as long as we do get the remaining unreleased senseis.
#393 Posted: 14:42:36 15/02/2017
Yeah, my locals are struggling with stock... I laughed at the guy at Target when he told me they got boxes of superchargers in.. I said even at 3 dollars you won't get them a all out.... It was very close to I killing the series.

In relation to other figures, We should get wild storm and ro bow considering they're used for unlocking levels... It'll cost 40 for us for a figure and a stupid crystal that we will all have already lol. Should cost the 20 that target charges for a twin pack, but since this has a level unlock.... I'm sure it'll be 40 rrp

All I care about is the last 6 crystal moulds left... That's all I want. Have 18 left to purchase for my road to 100!
#394 Posted: 04:36:29 16/02/2017
My targets are all keeping pretty steady stock around Melbourne . There's even been painyatta stock Still hanging around.

It's not like the shelves are full, but they definately arnt empty .
---
#395 Posted: 08:10:12 16/02/2017
I laughed at the guy at Target when he told me they got boxes of superchargers in.. I said even at 3 dollars you won't get them all out.... It was very close to killing the series.

Yeah, Eggcited Thrillipede didn't exactly fly off the shelves last year, and you can still find regular Dive Bombers and Pop Fizz if you look hard enough. The only 'new' thing in these boxes is Buzz Wing. I've never seen it on shelves before this week.

Quote:
We should get wild storm and ro bow considering they're used for unlocking levels... It'll cost 40 for us for a figure and a stupid crystal that we will all have already lol. Should cost the 20 that target charges for a twin pack, but since this has a level unlock.... I'm sure it'll be 40 rrp

I'll definitely be grabbing the Wild Storm pack as soon as I see it. Wasn't planning on getting the Ro-Bow pack (Lost Imaginite Mines), but since it sounds like it will unlock some of the new Imaginator parts, I'll have to give it a bit more thought. I can always sell off Ro-Bow himself to recoup some of the cost, if I don't end up liking him.

I agree with you about the twin pack pricing - Activision throws in a useless Imaginite chest and gets TfB to finish off some of the content that didn't make it into the main game, and then charges us double the price? Sheesh.
#396 Posted: 06:03:29 25/02/2017
Any dates on a Wave 4 release?
---
#397 Posted: 11:12:09 25/02/2017

I Wish, My Local EB has no info
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#398 Posted: 14:07:50 25/02/2017
Quote: CakeMc

I Wish, My Local EB has no info

I thought it was confirmed: February 27 for the Easter variants and March 12 for the rest.

EDIT: those are apparently US dates. Sorry, I didn't realize I was on the AU thread until after I posted that.
---
Any last wishes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:12:33 25/02/2017 by Wishblade
First | Previous | Page 8 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me