Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Amiibo Topic V2!
First | Page 2 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23
The Official All Purpose Amiibo Topic V2!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#51 Posted: 00:35:51 13/08/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
No, other countries don't get tons of Amiibo. America gets over 60% of Amiibo stock, while Europe only gets around 20% between EVERY country.

Germany gets lots of Amiibos, but Germany isn't the entirety of Europe. Shocking, right? The only reason they get a lot is because Nintendo of Europe is situated in Germany. People keep looking at this one picture from a German store at Wave 3 launch, and assuming all of Europe is like that all of the time. Sorry to break the fantasy, but that isn't the case.

Also many European countries don't even get Amiibo waves in stores, if at all. Pac-Man, for example, still has not shown up here in Ireland. He was supposed to release in April.

You guys complain about exclusives, but frankly they are a good thing. They guarantee that every store WILL get some quantity of the Amiibo, as the retailer chains pay Nintendo to sell them. It would be a waste of money if they didn't sell any, so they will always have some stock over there. If that system existed here, then we wouldn't have Amiibos releasing at random, months after their official release date. Complain about low stock all you like, but you always have a guarantee that the figure will be there in SOME capacity. We don't even get that much here.

Don't even try to deny you guys have had restocks either. What about the amazing Target restock? The Gamestop one? There are more besides that, and they were all nationwide. You even get retailers directly communicating with you on social media about these things, we don't get that here. I won't deny that a few rarer Amiibos have started to show up in the UK and Ireland, but that's because they aren't restocks, they're the first batches we should have received months ago. Wave 5 of the Smash Amiibos also went well for us, but that's the first Wave of Smash Amiibo that has gone well since Wave 1 and 2 (and that arguably only went well because Amiibos were only starting out, so the interest took time to develop).

Also Seiki, I imported a Rosalina months ago from WITHIN Europe (i.e. still my region) because I was informed by Gamestop via e-mail that all UK & Ireland pre-orders of Rosalina were cancelled, because they weren't getting her. I originally had her pre-ordered there. Also, Smyths de-listed her from their site a week before she was supposed to release. Granted, she's only NOW showing up in Smyths and there is a good amount of her, but how was I supposed to know that last December?

As for Gold Mario, that was actually received via trade on /r/amiiboswap. I traded an Ike for it, since he was a common over here. Gold Mario has not been released outside of the US and Australia, same thing with Silver Mario, and it doesn't look like they ever will be.

There is a difference between me importing because a figure LITERALLY isn't going to be available in my country, and US collectors importing because they will assume Europe has it "so much better".

I remember when everyone in the US said they were importing Yarn Yoshis from Europe, some even importing the bundle. Guess what's impossible to find here now, and has been since release?

I will say I don't agree with the ones importing Yarn Yoshis as those still haven't released in the US yet. At least wait for them to come out before resorting to imports. I do know the UK isn't that great and they would be one I wouldn't import from. Also wouldn't do so from Canada as they're about as bad if not worse than the US.

Oh? You mean the brief Shulk one that had a window of opportunity of about an hour to pre-order? Or one for Rosalina I've only heard about that assuming it actually happened lasted mere minutes, about the same time frame as her original pre-order window? If you mean one for Marth, I heard that was supposed to be happening but never saw a single Marth hit anywhere other than NWS. Jigglypuff is the only one that comes to mind that got a good restock that was up long enough for everyone to get. Still hoping for a Lucario one. Know of a Ness one. Only store I know of that got any got a whopping 2 figures that sold out pretty quickly.

I'd also hardly call 1, maybe 2 cases if we're lucky per store a guarantee. GameStop doesn't even do stock beyond pre-orders. Best Buy sells out immediately with Dark Pit not even getting pre-orders, a friend missed him simply because she had work and couldn't fight that line when the store opened. Jigglypuff getting around 12 per store and Greninja were really the only ones with decent stock on release. Gold Mario sold out immediately and who knows if the very limited supply will get restocked.

In replay to your second comment, I don't really agree with how Taco said it, but rather that he has a slight point in that restocks seem to be happening more frequently in some countries, nor Zap's attitude toward impulsively importing before even trying at his own stock then laughing away at how no one can stop him. Also agreed on the point of buying duplicates, rather annoys me as well. Only dupe I want is ROB, and that's for the different region colors, not to store and look at in his box.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#52 Posted: 01:19:56 13/08/2015
Rosalina lasted a good number of hours actually (I can't recall the exact number, but it was definitely more than half the day), on Target's website, and she popped up in-stores too, during the re-stock. As for her initial launch, that went pretty well actually, plenty of people got her and stores generally had at least 20 the majority of the time. Marth on Amazon lasted a number of days (he was constantly flickering), and of course, that wasn't the only place to get him, he appeared in-store too. I specifically recall CAV actually got his Marth from Amazon a good while after he first went up, as I recall him not really going out of his way for Marth (he was talking to me on Skype at the time). When CAV's Marth arrived, Marth was still there on Amazon.

Also you know right well most places in the US get more than 1 or 2. I've seen the store shelves, and with the exception of Walmart and Gamestop, US stores tend to be stocked pretty well.

Also Gold Mario was agreed to have been handled very well, and was quite easy to find for a few days, I saw plenty of people picking him up late and even saw YouTube videos of people doing it. Thing is though, Gold and Silver Mario are literally made to be rare collectors editions, they are not getting a reprint and Nintendo was fairly upfront about that. And I don't know why you bring Gold Mario up when, once again, he hasn't been released in Europe and Japan. It's not even like the other figures that get a release date but don't show up on that date - Gold and Silver Mario have not been given dates in Europe and Japan. As far as we know, we aren't getting those guys period.

Another thing - Europe has more characters classified as rare or unicorn, that aren't that hard to find in the US:

-Kirby
-Zelda
-Smash Luigi
-Toon Link
-Smash Bowser
-Sonic
-Mega Man
-Pac-Man
-Greninja
-Jigglypuff
-The entire Splatoon line (I still have yet to see one in person)

All of these characters are impossible to find in most European stores now, and have been since not long after their launches.

The only Amiibo Europe has ever had that was undeniably better stocked than the US was Ike. I don't think that is exactly an even trade off. Especially since I'm not even listing the Amiibos that got delayed releases in many European countries, if not are outright unreleased in some European countries to this day - actually, I'll do that now:

-Little Mac
-Rosalina & Luma
-Shulk
-King Dedede
-Meta Knight
-Lucina
-Robin
-Ness
-Pac-Man

Other points of interest:

-Amiibos are more expensive in Europe even at MSRP. $13 USD is equal to €11.65. MSRP for Amiibos over here is €14.99, which is equal to $16.73 USD.

-Pre-orders options are much more limited in a lot of European countries. Using Ireland as an example, Gamestop is the only retailer that offers pre-orders here, and they are EXTREMELY limited. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, Gamestop charges €16.99 for Amiibos. That's $18.96 USD.

Once again, there is no argument you can make for Europe "having it better".
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:23:23 13/08/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#53 Posted: 02:11:55 13/08/2015
I was mentioning store exclusives. G Mario is one in the US to Walmart. From all I heard, he went fast. Target isn't that well stocked. At least not any one I know of. Went to a few stores hunting Rosalina on launch and most reported only get 1 or 2 cases that sold out as soon as the store opened. Most numbers I saw for Jigglypuff were around 12-24 figures to a store upon release. Then haven't heard very positive things in regards to Best Buy's launch days. The 1-2 was directed solely at store exclusives. I'd say TRU is the only one that gets more.

I haven't seen Splatoon since launch. I'd say it's more one we have in common, unless my area just sucks and they're better in other parts of the US.

Who said I was saying Europe had it better? When did I ever even say Europe until now? I'm simply stating there are some countries getting better restocks than US and certain points when it comes down to a need to import. From what I can tell, mostly Japan & Australia. Which I'd mainly import from Japan anyway. When hunting for a reasonably priced Robin after ending up SOL trying to get one, I saw the prices on Amazon.de, plus I know about the conversion rate not being favorable for me.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#54 Posted: 02:20:16 13/08/2015
Guys lets just stop the arguments each place has its advantages and disadvantages so why don't we all just calm down and go back to importing from japan or wherever and collect them all smilie
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#55 Posted: 02:38:58 13/08/2015
Quote: Seiki
I was mentioning store exclusives. G Mario is one in the US to Walmart. From all I heard, he went fast. Target isn't that well stocked. At least not any one I know of. Went to a few stores hunting Rosalina on launch and most reported only get 1 or 2 cases that sold out as soon as the store opened. Most numbers I saw for Jigglypuff were around 12-24 figures to a store upon release. Then haven't heard very positive things in regards to Best Buy's launch days. The 1-2 was directed solely at store exclusives. I'd say TRU is the only one that gets more.

I haven't seen Splatoon since launch. I'd say it's more one we have in common, unless my area just sucks and they're better in other parts of the US.

Who said I was saying Europe had it better? When did I ever even say Europe until now? I'm simply stating there are some countries getting better restocks than US and certain points when it comes down to a need to import. From what I can tell, mostly Japan & Australia. Which I'd mainly import from Japan anyway. When hunting for a reasonably priced Robin after ending up SOL trying to get one, I saw the prices on Amazon.de, plus I know about the conversion rate not being favorable for me.

You must have had a very small sample then, because I know Gold Mario was available for a while after he released, and Rosalina, while mostly went on day one, was actually well stocked and went so fast only because of the big lines for her. A lot of people only had good things to say about Target that day. And many people did get her as a late walk in that day anyway.

No, Europe isn't getting better restocks than the US. The only restocks we get most of the time are a few more Mario or Pikachus, and maybe Ikes, snuck in without any fanfare or announcement. Once again, those Rosalinas and what not that have been popping up in the UK & Ireland recently aren't restocks - they are the first batch. So no matter what way you try to swing this, it doesn't work - US has mostly had better initial stock than Europe, and has flat out better restocks than Europe, since Europe don't really seem to get any besides keeping the shelves stocked with Mario and Pikachu, and earlier on, Ike.

While most of your bigger restocks for the rare characters are announced, I'm positive you guys get under the radar restocks too, due to the CSPIA documents on Nintendo's website. You get restocks of characters like Bowser, Zelda, and Sonic quite regularly. We don't even get that much here.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:41:27 13/08/2015 by sonicbrawler182
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#56 Posted: 03:26:12 13/08/2015
I'm sorry, did you just say Gold Mario was available for a while? I think you're color blind because SILVER Mario is the one who's still widely available after relwase. Gold Mario sold out Day 1 here because of the accidental stocking before release date, which lead to low stock on the actual release. You can't be halfway across the world and tell me, a US citizen who drove around for around 50 miles trying to find a Gold Mario on it's release, that he was "available for a while after he released." That's pure bull**** you're spewing, especially if you have no clue how it actually is here.
---
words. letters. filler.
#57 Posted: 03:59:32 13/08/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
I'm sorry, did you just say Gold Mario was available for a while? I think you're color blind because SILVER Mario is the one who's still widely available after relwase. Gold Mario sold out Day 1 here because of the accidental stocking before release date, which lead to low stock on the actual release. You can't be halfway across the world and tell me, a US citizen who drove around for around 50 miles trying to find a Gold Mario on it's release, that he was "available for a while after he released." That's pure bull**** you're spewing, especially if you have no clue how it actually is here.

This seems more accurate. I've never seen Gold in person. Silver I had plenty of opportunity to get for at least a week or two after release yet didn't want.

I had a similar situation with Rosalina. Drove to a good 3 Targets before getting one. Even then the only reason I got one is because the guy at the counter said he found it in "some odd place" saying a guy must've tried to hide it for later but he'd found it. All the ones I went to said they got only a box or two of her which sold out right away. One store even said something about this one mom who'd waited before opening and had bought em all.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:38:22 13/08/2015 by Seiki
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#58 Posted: 04:50:05 13/08/2015
If you are going to import, don't start bad mouthing the region you're importing from or making false assumptions,

Can confirm - Gold Mario was a virtual sell out on Day 1.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#59 Posted: 05:53:29 13/08/2015
This while Amiibo craze is just stupid. It's just plastic figures made for children over 6! :(
#60 Posted: 09:02:49 13/08/2015

Look at posts on /r/amiibo and other similar sites the day after his release. Plenty of people were still posting about finding him after the first day. No, I am not colour blind, I know the difference between the two, thank you very much.

And 50 miles is tiny considering the size of the US. Like I said before, don't just use your own experiences as the sole evidence for claims regarding the whole US.
---
#61 Posted: 11:12:13 13/08/2015

Look at posts on /r/amiibo and other similar sites the day after his release. Plenty of people were still posting about finding him after the first day. No, I am not colour blind, I know the difference between the two, thank you very much.

And 50 miles is tiny considering the size of the US. Like I said before, don't just use your own experiences as the sole evidence for claims regarding the whole US.

I will also say then don't just use your experiences on Europe's stock and I can say as well on /r/amiibo I see post from people in Europe saying they see tons of your "unicorns” and about gold mario yes maybe about 100 people said they found it later but thats just 100 people what about the rest of us
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#62 Posted: 12:36:04 13/08/2015
[User Posted Image]

England is pretty damn good for amiibo.
#63 Posted: 15:27:10 13/08/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan

I will also say then don't just use your experiences on Europe's stock and I can say as well on /r/amiibo I see post from people in Europe saying they see tons of your "unicorns” and about gold mario yes maybe about 100 people said they found it later but thats just 100 people what about the rest of us

I'm not using just my experience though, haven't you been reading my posts?
Quote: Mesuxelf
[User Posted Image]

>Splatoon 3-Pack

That never officially released outside of the US, meaning that's a photo of an American store, or an import reseller store in the UK, meaning their stock is not official.

And yes, import stores exist in the US too. Quite a lot of them in fact.
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#64 Posted: 18:54:39 13/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Super Mario Maker has compatibility with every Amiibo not called the Mii Fighters or Animal Crossing cards! Pretty excited to use my Pokemon and Pit outside of Smash. Not to mention how great it is that Mega Man and Sonic are playable in a Mario platformer.

I'll get to updating the waves pretty soon, but I don't know if I could add a full EU wave listing. I agree that it'd be useful, but I don't know how I would add it in. I'll experiment a bit with it.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#65 Posted: 18:57:00 13/08/2015
All right! I can use my Pikachu in mario games! It's like a dream come true!
---
Dead
#66 Posted: 20:51:17 13/08/2015

[User Posted Image]

>Splatoon 3-Pack

That never officially released outside of the US, meaning that's a photo of an American store, or an import reseller store in the UK, meaning their stock is not official.

It's the Grangar Games store in Sale. I can go again tomorrow and take another pic of you doubt it. Although there's no ganondorf because I brought him smilie
#67 Posted: 21:46:48 13/08/2015

-snip-

>Splatoon 3-Pack

Splatoon 3-pack was released out of the US. Australia, Japan, and North America got it, so please stop spewing lies.
---
words. letters. filler.
#68 Posted: 22:04:05 13/08/2015
OK, so I misunderstood that, as I never heard about other regions besides US getting it, but Europe actually didn't get it (the Squid Amiibo was exclusive to a bundle with the game), and that's all that matters, as it's the region we are discussing. So my point still stands just as firm - that is an import of some kind if you are claiming it's a UK store.

And once again, that isn't really good stock period. US stores have much more shelf space for Amiibos. What you are showing me is a few rungs behind the counter.

And no need to get so emotional and accuse me of being a liar when I just made a slight error that STILL doesn't even change or shoot down my point.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:09 13/08/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#69 Posted: 22:47:47 13/08/2015
OK, so I misunderstood that, as I never heard about other regions besides US getting it, but Europe actually didn't get it (the Squid Amiibo was exclusive to a bundle with the game), and that's all that matters, as it's the region we are discussing. So my point still stands just as firm - that is an import of some kind if you are claiming it's a UK store.

And once again, that isn't really good stock period. US stores have much more shelf space for Amiibos. What you are showing me is a few rungs behind the counter.

And no need to get so emotional and accuse me of being a liar when I just made a slight error that STILL doesn't even change or shoot down my point.

Right, totally emotional. Not all US Stores have good shelf space for amiibos (it's typically Toys R Us). Targets and Best Buys have a
small space, enough to fit the display model and some hangers to stock amiibo. Gamestop varies from stores, and Walmart's vary also, typically most I've seen have a small sliver next to their 3DS/Wii U accessory shelf. I've only seen stock from EUROPE on /r/amiibo, either having double-sided display stands, walls, or the huge German shelves that are the dreams we wish for in the US. US doesn't have great shelf space honestly smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#70 Posted: 23:29:18 13/08/2015

Right, totally emotional. Not all US Stores have good shelf space for amiibos (it's typically Toys R Us). Targets and Best Buys have a
small space, enough to fit the display model and some hangers to stock amiibo. Gamestop varies from stores, and Walmart's vary also, typically most I've seen have a small sliver next to their 3DS/Wii U accessory shelf. I've only seen stock from EUROPE on /r/amiibo, either having double-sided display stands, walls, or the huge German shelves that are the dreams we wish for in the US. US doesn't have great shelf space honestly :P

gonna agree with taco here, all shelves ive seen are about as big as a small dresser. the only big one ive seen was in a toys r us two hours away from me. :/
#71 Posted: 00:18:29 14/08/2015

small space, enough to fit the display model and some hangers to stock amiibo. Gamestop varies from stores, and Walmart's vary also, typically most I've seen have a small sliver next to their 3DS/Wii U accessory shelf. I've only seen stock from EUROPE on /r/amiibo, either having double-sided display stands, walls, or the huge German shelves that are the dreams we wish for in the US. US doesn't have great shelf space honestly smilie

Once again agreed. Typically just the display then a few rows above and below it. Maybe 1 to each side. TRU is the only good one. At least there you get a nice chunk of a wall covered in Mario and Peach.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#72 Posted: 00:21:03 14/08/2015
Just going to say that the amiibo situation in the US is substantially better than it was before. Even excluding NWS getting the restocks that they do, Target got a huge restock not that long ago with loads of figures (Rosalina included), Jigglypuff was available for over a week online, many retail exclusives now survive for preorder or purchase much longer than the 3 minutes from before, and the Retro 3 pack (which we all thought was going to be hell to find) turned out to have preorders still available as late as the next day in store.

Yes there are certain figures from the past that are still hard to find and aren't restocked well. But in that instance because of the good stock overseas and NWS pumping out loads for the tri state area, the resell value for some of these has greatly decreased to where a good few don't even surpass $20 anymore (which isn't that terrible since an MSRP amiibo bought online with shipping would get close to that total anyway).

You guys need to remember that just because you see a photo on reddit of a German or Swiss shelf doesn't mean that everywhere else in the world has healthy stock, or that they aren't already gone by the afternoon just like us. Places like the UK still struggle and have arguably worse stock issues than us (especially now), and places like Brawler's Ireland had issues where certain figures flat out never made it there (so I don't know why someone here is trying to use "YOU IMPORTED ROSALINA" as a fault against him).

If you want to import so you can have Famicom colored ROB or a single one of those characters go right ahead. But don't get on some high horse about how Nintendo has shunned the US and Canada so therefore you have some god given right to import everything. It's perfectly fine to admit that you imported because you want a figure early. Or because you only want one figure that's exclusive to a pack here. Importing isn't some statement or counter revolution and in earlier cases it was as simple as taking stock away from a country that probably didn't have it much better than us.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#73 Posted: 01:14:20 14/08/2015
I just snagged a retro 3-Pack off of Gamestop's website.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#74 Posted: 01:43:17 14/08/2015
Quote: CAV
so therefore you have some god given right to import everything.

Didn't a mod already come in here once and say to stop the import bashing?
Why is it still going on?
#75 Posted: 02:15:28 14/08/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: CAV
so therefore you have some god given right to import everything.

Didn't a mod already come in here once and say to stop the import bashing?
Why is it still going on?

We aren't import bashing, it's the sentiment US importers have behind their importing that's problematic - like they are doing it to get one back at other regions or because they are jealous of something we don't even have.

Like I said earlier, if you are gonna import, don't act like you a revolutionaire or something for doing it. It's a self serving act and nothing more, there is no way around that. As I've detailed earlier, I've done plenty of imports, so I would be a hypocrite if I said I had a problem with the idea on it's own. But when I import, you don't see me coming online saying "GAAAAW, ****ING OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE IT SO MUCH BETTER, I'M GONNA SNAG THEIR STOCK AND THEY'LL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT". Such an attitude towards things is petty, bratty, and ignorant, and is literally the reason the "ignorant, greedy, capitalist American" stereotype exists.

EDIT: Oh look at that, Rosalina's Target.com page went live again, alongside the upcoming Wave 5B Amiibos. Could it be that the US is *gasp*, getting a SECOND Rosalina restock with Wave 5B?

Wow, I feel real sorry for you guys. You have it so bad. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:15:46 14/08/2015 by sonicbrawler182
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#76 Posted: 16:41:08 14/08/2015
The 9th European Super Smash Bros. Collection wave went up for preorders over here today, so I got them all pre-ordered! Just six weeks to go...! :D
#77 Posted: 16:57:23 14/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I really can't agree at all with that passive aggressive attitude, Brawler. I agree that imports are fine for the most part if you don't brag about it for no reason, but your tone isn't much better than theirs. You could have easily said that and proven your point without being an asshole about it. In the long run, we're still talking about little plastic toys here.

I agree with UncleBob and Matteomax here, I think everyone's proven their points. I think we should end this tired argument.
#78 Posted: 19:19:21 14/08/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
I really can't agree at all with that passive aggressive attitude, Brawler. I agree that imports are fine for the most part if you don't brag about it for no reason, but your tone isn't much better than theirs. You could have easily said that and proven your point without being an asshole about it. In the long run, we're still talking about little plastic toys here.

I agree with UncleBob and Matteomax here, I think everyone's proven their points. I think we should end this tired argument.

I'm not being passive aggressive, I'm being playfully sarcastic, lighten up. And I only do so because of the stubbornness displayed in this topic for so long. As far as I know, there is no rule against sarcasm.
---
#79 Posted: 00:30:42 16/08/2015
haha look at this IGN this mario is a unicorn (if you click the his name it says common but still funny http://www.ign.com/wikis/ninte...bo_Rarity_Guide
---
#80 Posted: 00:49:03 16/08/2015
haha look at this IGN this mario is a unicorn (if you click the his name it says common but still funny http://www.ign.com/wikis/ninte...bo_Rarity_Guide

lol, Gold Mario sure. Smash or SM Mario not so much.
---
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#81 Posted: 03:42:28 16/08/2015
Quote: henryszuch
I went to Nintendo Wolrd today. They had the Super Mario Series, (obviously) minus Gold Mario, Pac Man and Sonic, and (the only sort of rare) Wario. They haven't had any restocks of any Smash Bros rates for a while, and they didn't have any of the Splatoon Series smilie

splatoon amiibos have been basically sold out everywhere since june tho???
did you really expect them to have it?
#82 Posted: 07:23:24 16/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Rosalina, Mega Man, Toon Link, and Pac-Man's Mario Maker costumes have been shown.

Mega Man

[User Posted Image]

Rosalina

[User Posted Image]

Toon Link

[User Posted Image]

Pac-Man

[User Posted Image]

A cool little detail about Pac-Man is that his sprite is somewhat based off of his Pac-Land design.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#83 Posted: 09:48:25 16/08/2015
Rosalina, Mega Man, Toon Link, and Pac-Man's Mario Maker costumes have been shown.

Mega Man

[User Posted Image]

Rosalina

[User Posted Image]

Toon Link

[User Posted Image]

Pac-Man

[User Posted Image]

A cool little detail about Pac-Man is that his sprite is somewhat based off of his Pac-Land design.

cute! i gt captain olimar yesterday. cause i live in australia and i get wave 5b before you.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
#84 Posted: 12:55:54 16/08/2015
It's cute that they actually included a Luma with Rosalina (since the Amiibo is technically "Rosalina & Luma"). Also props to them for making a new 8-bit sprite for her, I was expecting them to just use the one she had in 3D World/Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker since that was already in the style of SMB.

I also like how Mega Man and Pac-Man are based off their Classic sprites. I wonder if they'll use one of Sonic's sprites from the Game Gear/Master System games too. I could also see them using the one from Sonic Pocket Adventure.

[User Posted Image]
---
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#85 Posted: 18:01:22 16/08/2015
I went on a trip to new york a few weeks ago!! smilie

Went to Nintendo World!! The amiibo they had were all the typical ones, plus Fox and Charizard.
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
#86 Posted: 00:06:50 19/08/2015
I got these three on vacation.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:52 19/08/2015 by Mesuxelf
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#87 Posted: 00:13:52 19/08/2015
Sonic sprite for Super Mario Maker:
This is unmistakably the 16 bit sprite (from the original sonic the hedgehog on the Mega Drive), I'm such a classic sonic fanboy so this is a dream come true for me! [User Posted Image]

EDIT: Gameplay featuring the majority of amiibo (including Sonic & Pac Man):
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:39 19/08/2015 by TTD
#88 Posted: 01:55:32 19/08/2015
Sonic's is the best by virtue of the fact he actually spins when you do a sliding crouch. That's a super cool detail.

Also I think it's appropriate Rosalina's voice clips and SFX are from her 3D World incarnation. Luma has one eye though. smilie

I also really like Toon Link. "TAH!" "HOH!" "HAH!"
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#89 Posted: 01:59:48 19/08/2015
i'm buying SMM solely for amiibo support.
#90 Posted: 05:10:56 19/08/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
i'm buying SMM solely for amiibo support.

You'll get bored very fast if that's the only reason why you want it smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#91 Posted: 05:53:44 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Confirmed best Amiibo support. I love the victory themes and can't wait to hear them all. Taking Diddy's soundclips from DKC1 is great too.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#92 Posted: 07:38:35 19/08/2015
Quote: TTD
Sonic sprite for Super Mario Maker:
This is unmistakably the 16 bit sprite (from the original sonic the hedgehog on the Mega Drive), I'm such a classic sonic fanboy so this is a dream come true for me! [User Posted Image]

EDIT: Gameplay featuring the majority of amiibo (including Sonic & Pac Man):

I can't believe that Sonic's Amiibo can be used in the game...
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#93 Posted: 08:04:39 19/08/2015
SO HELP ME THEY BETTER PUT TAILS IN SUPER SMASH AND/OR MAKE HIM A AMIIBO FIGURE OR SO HELP ME, I'M GOING TO LOOSE IT!
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#94 Posted: 09:20:57 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm so happy right now.

[User Posted Image]

WAAAAAAAAAH

Even if he doesn't have an Amiibo yet (If he ever does get one, chances are looking slim at this point), this is really cool. I've found my main costume already.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#95 Posted: 11:01:52 19/08/2015
^

W-W-W

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
---
My life is complete.
Camo22 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3501
#96 Posted: 11:08:58 19/08/2015
I'm so happy right now.

[User Posted Image]

WAAAAAAAAAH

Even if he doesn't have an Amiibo yet (If he ever does get one, chances are looking slim at this point), this is really cool. I've found my main costume already.

Could be hacked?
---
=Fixing Theories since Sep, 2015 / Deviant Art =
#97 Posted: 11:13:43 19/08/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Camo22
I'm so happy right now.

snip

WAAAAAAAAAH

Could be hacked?

Extremely hard to hack the Wii U. Maybe fake, but the game is in the hands of reviewers right now, so it's just as likely that it could be from one of them.

I'm going to remain a bit cautious until we see more photos or gameplay though.
First | Page 2 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me