Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Video Game Recommendation topic
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
All-Purpose Video Game Recommendation topic [STICKY]
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#51 Posted: 12:20:56 04/06/2017
^ Where are the KH remixes?
---
My life is complete.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#52 Posted: 22:29:26 05/06/2017
This is random but I guess this topic is purposely broad. I finished Child of Light recently (it's not a long game, I just never got around to finishing it until now) and I thought it was really good. I loved basically everything about the game- how it looked, sounded, how the battles worked, equipping gems. I definitely recommend it. It's fairly cheap and you can play it on pretty much anything (even the Wii U and the Vita).

I also recently started Tearaway Unfolded and it looks like it'll be great. I skipped it thinking it'd be the same as Tearaway on the Vita but its actually a much larger game.

One last thing: Rayman Legends. Wow I can't get enough of this game, and I don't ever go for 2D side-scrollers. Very, very glad I picked this one up on a whim. Very clever game design, good controls, and tons of content. It also has fun couch co-op!
---
You gotta believe!
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#53 Posted: 23:09:13 06/06/2017
You'll like Disgaea 5 if you like Fire Emblem or you liked FF Tactics that's what I will say.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#54 Posted: 23:36:10 06/06/2017
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. Any will do, but the second one is regarded as the best.
---
Soon.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#55 Posted: 02:07:35 19/06/2017
I decided what games I'm gonna get for the Switch:

Super Mario Odyssey
Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Yoshi
Arms
Mario Kart Deluxe
Sonic Forces
Splatoon 2
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Metroid Prime 4
Minecraft

Any other recommendations?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#56 Posted: 04:01:15 19/06/2017
^ That Metroid Prime announcement though! It must be a good day for switch owners.

Also, I'm almost certain this was said earlier in the topic but I'd rather not reread everything again, but I just got Horizon Zero Dawn and I'm loving it. I bought it when it was briefly on sale. It's back at $60 again but it is worth it. A huge, challenging game with a lot of freedom, not to mention probably the most beautiful game I've ever played.
---
You gotta believe!
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#57 Posted: 06:47:17 16/07/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Can someone fill in the blank?

You'll like Disgaea 5 if you liked _____

idk, I'm not in the mood for an RPG at all but I'm considering picking it up on Switch someday.

I'd strongly recommend it. Like fyra said, if you liked other strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics, you'll probably like it.

Just be aware that the storylines in Disgaea games can get a lot more bizarre than any FE or FFT game, and doesn't take itself seriously most of the time... dood.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#58 Posted: 00:53:11 03/09/2017
Anyone who likes FPS, get DOOM. You will thank me.
---
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#59 Posted: 01:57:20 07/09/2017
If anyone playing on PS4 is looking for some RPGs, I have two recommendations:

World of Final Fantasy - Monster-capturing turn-based RPG, comparable to Pokemon but with Final Fantasy monsters. Mostly lighthearted and comical writing. Fairly easy to get into, good even for beginners to the FF franchise.

Dragon Quest Heroes II - Chaotic action RPG, similar to Dynasty Warriors / Hyrule Warriors but with more RPG elements. If you like fighting through hordes of monsters, this may be for you. (Don't worry about the first game, you're not missing anything important. This game has no direct connections to the first game, and is just better than the first game all around.)

Both of these games also have demos available on the Playstation Store.

And yes, I know these are both Square Enix games. smilie
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#60 Posted: 14:06:11 07/09/2017
Can they get deep and have more of a challenge than Pokémon even while looking cute and child friendly,because I do search a replacement for Pokémon,currently using SMT/Persona for this.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#61 Posted: 03:38:42 05/10/2017
I feel like not enough people are talking about Nier: Automata
It's one of the best games i've played, the story, music, setting, visuals, and even combat are stellar and beyond impressionable.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#62 Posted: 16:14:50 07/10/2017
Should I get DOOM for the PS4 or wait till it's available on the Switch?
#63 Posted: 01:01:45 09/10/2017
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Should I get DOOM for the PS4 or wait till it's available on the Switch?

PS4 if you prefer graphics. Switch if you want to take the horrifying demon-slaughtering bloodfest on the go with you.
---
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#64 Posted: 04:12:22 28/02/2018
If anyone has a Switch and is looking for a large, expansive game after Zelda I would highly recommend Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
I was originally highly skeptical on purchasing it due to not being the biggest JRPG fan and not finishing the original but wow, I was blown away on just how good it is. It was the GameXplain review that originally sold me on purchasing it so if you're interested I'll post that below. Everything from the combat, exploration, soundtrack and story just comes together so well into this lovely package of a game. Every character is interesting, has their own motives and above all, memorable. Every world is unique, beautiful and just begs to be explored. Definitely get it if you're looking for something to fill the void after Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#65 Posted: 07:05:44 07/04/2018
looking for fun ps2 games. platformers/rpgs/lore dense games
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#66 Posted: 07:17:24 07/04/2018
Quote: Cynder_Rox
looking for fun ps2 games. platformers/rpgs/lore dense games

Have you played Persona 3 or 4?
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#67 Posted: 22:58:11 14/04/2018
Hello.

I'm looking for some good, offline PS4 games.

I recently lost internet for quite a while and realized....without internet Battlefront 2 is not a fun game. And I've played the Skylander games so many times.

A couple of....guidelines:

I suck at games. So no Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

I'm very easily creeped out....so no Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

No GTA.

I know I have strange and specific guidelines but they are what they are. I'm super hyped for Spider Man PS4 in September BTW.
---
Hahahahaha
#68 Posted: 12:48:08 15/04/2018
My love in rpgs right now is Dark Fantasy so I won’t suggest neither Dragon Age:Inquisition or Diablo 3 but I might recommend not helped by not knowing your tastes,Divinitysmilieriginal Sin,Tales of Berseria.I don’t play many non M rated or T rated as I used to.
---
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#69 Posted: 00:34:40 18/04/2018
Thanks for the suggestion!

The only games I've played regularly war DI3.0, Englanders and SWBF2.....so I don't really have a taste. smilie

The games that have stuck out to me in my browsing are:

Lego The Force Awakens
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Uncharted 4
LA Noire

Thoughts?
---
Hahahahaha
#70 Posted: 12:26:28 18/04/2018
Hurm,Lego games tend to be quite humorous so maybe you could give a chance to Disgaea 5 or Horizon Zero Dawn for Uncharted getting mentionned.
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#71 Posted: 13:26:13 18/04/2018
Try Uncharted. They’re literally made to be not too difficult, and they’re really fun too.
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#72 Posted: 03:46:27 16/05/2020
Fun stylized fantasy games, anyone? Spare fun stylized fantasy game, please.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
#73 Posted: 13:20:31 16/05/2020
The Tales series(any will do), Dragon Quest(any will do), YS, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Kingdom Hearts, though if you want a stylized look to visuals and not just colorful, I would say maybe check Odin Sphere or Ōkami.
---
#74 Posted: 19:01:19 18/06/2020
Have 18$cad left on the ps store and want to finish a pre paid ps store card, anything worth buying(I’m mostly into rpgs and story driven titles)
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#75 Posted: 15:32:11 14/06/2021
NO MAN'S SKY
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#76 Posted: 06:02:03 18/07/2021
I was thinking of picking up Brütal Legend today.

Does anyone here recommend it?
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#77 Posted: 16:13:25 19/07/2021
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
I was thinking of picking up Brütal Legend today.

Does anyone here recommend it?

It depends. Are you any kind of rocker and/or metalhead? Because the strong point of the game, apart from the story and the gameplay, are the huge amount of references to the history of heavy metal music.

I personally love it, but I've been a hardcore metalhead since I was 14, so I aimed for it.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Wylrin Emerald Sparx Gems: 3784
#78 Posted: 20:00:46 07/11/2021
Kind Words (lo fi chill beats to write to)

I've only just started playing this game yesterday, but it's immediately a game I would recommend. It's less of a game and more of place where people get together anonymously and share positivity with each other.

Quick things I like about Kind Words:
  • Relaxing soundtrack
  • Cute little mail deer who acts as the "tutorial" master and overall guide of the game
  • Everyone I've seen has been so positive and clearly wanting to help people with whatever problems or worries they may have
  • You start with one sticker and can receive stickers from other people in the mail they send you, starting a little collection of them
  • Customizable room where you can turn your stickers into stuffed animals and such in your little room
  • The mail deer pokes its head through your window and brings drops off your letter whenever you receive mail
  • There's a paper airplane system where you can catch airplane notes that people send and make your own

So this game is basically a little anonymous community where you can send and receive messages. You can post a request, from something as simple as a question regarding everyone's favorite things to advice about real-life problems. The whole experience is entirely anonymous, and there's a system in place that makes it harder for people to troll/be mean, basically. When you send a request to talk, anyone can respond, but you can't directly respond to them except to give them a sticker. This makes it to where trolls can't get reactions out of people, and thus, generally, makes it to where there's less incentive to do so.

The atmosphere is very, very cute. You have your own little person who sits at a desk as you write to other people. You can customize your room, the music that's playing, and a great many other things to make your experience as relaxing as possible.

I may add more details about the game as I play it more. I'd highly recommend it for anyone who just wants to be surrounded by friendly people and positivity. :3
---
"A real intelligence agent has no ego, no conscience, no remorse. Only a sense of professionalism."
- Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
#79 Posted: 15:35:28 21/11/2023
Any free2plays mmo to recommend
---
ArisaArtisan Green Sparx Gems: 374
#80 Posted: 20:57:05 21/11/2023
i miss when spiral knights was in its heyday.... it's still playable and super fun tho.... <:3c
---
{SILLY FAE GIGGLE GANG WE LOVE THROWING PARTIES}
drink water, get some sleep, take care of yourself.
SHE/THEY, sillygoofy, doing my darndest.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#81 Posted: 23:39:26 21/11/2023
Quote: fyra
Any free2plays mmo to recommend

final fantasy xiv, the free mmo that anyone can play up to level 60 including the first two expansions heavensward and stormblood
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me