Page 1 of 1
The Worst Heroic Ever [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 19:10:32 18/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The worst or most hardest heroic I have ever played within my collection so far is "You Break It, You Buy It!"

This heroic is unlocked with Double Trouble, and I hate this heroic so much. You have to defeat all 40 trolls on the map without breaking two paintings scattered around. But the REAL problem is there are also vases that give a five-second minus and they are all over the map. There isn't enough time to kill trolls while avoiding vases.

Most of my upgraded skylanders are upgraded so much that their moves are OP or take up a large space. It's impossible to beat heroics with these moves. It's extremely hard to beat this heroic, that I have to reset my skylanders to nerf them and play the heroic easier. It was a lot less stressful with several skylanders when reset. Of course I had to re-max them, I just had to constantly goldfarm Kaos' Lair for 10-20 minutes to get back into shape. I managed to beat this heroic with seven of my green bases so far.

I don't have Series 2 Double Trouble and I see in SG they've brought back previous heroics for Series 2's. I HOPE TO GOD they have made this heroic easier in giants so that giant characters can beat this without a problem. It could be impossible with giants...

So do you agree? Are there other heroics I haven't tried yet that are more ridiculous? Or is this the one?
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:14 18/07/2015 by LameLime
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#2 Posted: 19:50:23 18/07/2015
I don't have Double Trouble, myself, so I've not played that Heroic Challenge, but there are a couple of ones I have played that are pretty similar.

Zap's Heroic Challenge involves breaking cat statues while avoiding breaking vases, with the five-second penalty if you break a vase. The cat statues are surrounded by vases, essentially, so if you have a fully upgraded Skylander, it can be difficult, if not impossible for some. Luckily, you don't have to touch the enemies, but they'll be attacking you the whole time if you choose to ignore them. They can't break vases, though.

Drobot's Heroic Challenge involves killing a certain amount of green Chompies, but not two purple Chompies. Purple Chompies act just like green Chompies, going right toward you if they spot you, but they can also latch onto you. If you shake them off, they die instantly. In every version except Wii, you have to almost entirely clear out the dungeon of green Chompies, while the purple ones will try to get in your way, or latch onto you. Takes a bit of memorization, and if you have someone like Cynder with her ghost Soul Gem, you have to reset in order to make it possible, since it will automatically target enemies, including the purple Chompies.

As for making them easier in Giants, if you have any version of SSA other than Wii, yes they are easier. The PS3, Xbox360, and PC versions of SSA were sent to be ported before some of the difficulty testing and other finishing touches were done. A lot of the Heroic Challenges are easier in SSA Wii, and Giants (regardless of console) uses the Wii version of them.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#3 Posted: 20:51:57 18/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Yes, I have both Drobot and Zap, so I have played those heroics as well. Although they are hard as well, they are easier than You Break It. I've only failed once or twice on Break the Cats and never failed on Save the Purple Chompies. In Purple Chompies, my strategy is stay away from purples as far as possible. Break the Cats was annoying because apparently for me, enemies can break vases as well. Good thing there is much more time than You Break It there. I have beaten both several times. You Break It dealt my most failures in a heroic. I have failed about fifteen times there. But nice how the previous heroics are made easier in Giants.

I also did a bit of research on how to beat You Break It easier. I think you can use magic items in Heroics and you can use Anvil Rain in You Break It to make it a lot more easier. You just have to constantly switch it on and off. Anvil rain only affects the trolls, not anything else, according to the boards on GameFAQ's. It was tested on the Wii version and I have that fortunately. However I don't have Anvil Rain and will try to look for it on my next shopping trip to EB Games.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:44 18/07/2015 by LameLime
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#4 Posted: 21:18:02 18/07/2015
Also, if you use time twister, it makes the clock MUCH slower, and somewhat easier.
---
Dead
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#5 Posted: 12:42:27 19/07/2015
Yeah, the Anvil Rain trick always works for me. I believe that doesn't work on the PS3/360/PC versions though.

They actually made Purple Chompies harder on the PS3/360/PC versions and made You Break it easier on those versions. So Purple Chompies isn't particularly hard on Wii. Honestly, though, I don't think it's a fair trade... You Break it is probably the hardest Heroic of all, unless using Magic Items (though not the most annoying, that would be Delivery Day). Once you know the route, Purple Chompies isn't too bad, even on PS3/360/PC.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:01:41 19/07/2015 by Arc of Archives
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#6 Posted: 15:22:03 19/07/2015
Anvil Rain works on the 360, I'be used it before. Also the purple chompies is pretty easy once you know the paths to take. I usually do those 2 first before I get any upgrades.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7 Posted: 16:23:35 19/07/2015
I had more trouble with purple chompies but if you play with a low level skylander that helps alot .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#8 Posted: 19:35:19 19/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I did Purple Chompies on Giants just now. I tried maxed Tree Rex and Eye Brawl. It's completely impossible. Tree Rex's woodpecker will automatically kill purples and Eye-Brawl can't outrun them, perhaps the same would go for other giants. I also don't want to reset Tree Rex because I've worked hard to fully upgrade him. I think I should just forget about heroic work on Giants, just Spyro's Adventure.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:36:01 19/07/2015 by LameLime
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#9 Posted: 22:28:25 24/07/2015
Quote: LameLime
The worst or most hardest heroic I have ever played within my collection so far is "You Break It, You Buy It!"

It is true that this heroic challenge is rather unpleasant, but in my opinion, Drobot's heroic challenge that involves not harming any of the purple Chompies is harder than "You break it, You but it!". Any Skylander that has attacks that work in a wide area is virtually doomed to failure and the person who talked about Cynder in this challenge made an excellent point about her ghost minion and how Skylanders like that can be completely screwed over just from buying one upgrade. Since Chompies are so aggressive, this is one hard challenge that demands quick on-the-draw thinking and reaction times, much more so than Double Trouble or Zap's heroic challenges. Again, in my opinion. I can do Zap's easily and I can do Double Trouble's with a small amount of persistence, but Drobot's heroic challenge is one I always avoid.
#10 Posted: 22:42:39 24/07/2015 | Topic Creator
True.

I should drop all heroic completion with all my figures. Purple Chompies is also annoying. And again, Tree Rex's woodpecker pal. Eeeuugh. And I am NOT going to reset anymore.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:44:38 24/07/2015 by LameLime
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#11 Posted: 07:25:55 26/07/2015
I have completed all heroics with Terrafin cuz of his invulnerability, what I did was using time twister and killing of a Chompy one at a time while using my land swim ability to avoid the purple chompies.
#12 Posted: 07:50:09 26/07/2015
Quote:
Purple Chompies is also annoying. And again

They are fine . Its Callie that keeps telling you about your failure over and over thats annoying .
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#13 Posted: 16:54:39 26/07/2015
NOT THE VASE!!!! I must have heard that hundreds of times during the original SSA. You would think she might put them somewhere enemies couldn't get to them...
---
Dead
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#14 Posted: 23:26:15 29/07/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
They are fine . Its Callie that keeps telling you about your failure over and over thats annoying .

You're absolutely right Dark fhoenix. Failing a heroic challenge is generally frustrating enough, and then Cali pours gas on a fire...

And I also know that feeling of never wanting to reset, LameLime, although for a different reason--When you really start getting access to a lot of heroic challenges (as in 25+) and you've done them for the stat boosts, it's really annoying to have to redo them all, just because the Skylander can't change paths and you want to try the path you didn't pick or whatever other reason you may have.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#15 Posted: 23:28:40 29/07/2015
Which is why it was a good thing I made sure to remember the horror stories from SSA when I picked up my LC Drobot - never upgrade anyone before doing this challenge,EVER. That's the first they're doing when they go on the portal, no buts.

...Until I stopped caring about 100% my unlocked heroic challenges, of course.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:29:06 29/07/2015 by Bifrost
#16 Posted: 23:30:19 29/07/2015 | Topic Creator
I have 28 characters meaning 28 heroics available, also I don't need to reset to switch paths, as I collect doubles to do the job with ease. Still, I've dropped my full heroic goals with each character and the least I can do is beat as much as my character can. There will be a few champions with all heroics at the end, once I've gotten the remaining four characters...
---
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#17 Posted: 04:30:39 30/07/2015
I've got SSA on the ps3, and have very little trouble with the paintings. My go-to tactic is to walk right up to the painting ignoring the trolls, turn so I'm facing away from it, and then attack (with something that only damages in front of my character, of course).

Purple Chompies, however? Forget that! I tried for ages years ago and failed miserably. Haven't bothered since. As much as I love the speed boosts I just wasn't having fun. It was so long ago that I might give it another crack sometime, but I certainly won't sweat over getting it for all my skylanders.
Camo Lover Yellow Sparx Gems: 1109
#18 Posted: 09:02:20 30/07/2015
Trick is to use stealth elf. Worked for me
Quid Yellow Sparx Gems: 1577
#19 Posted: 09:18:18 30/07/2015
That doesn't help if you want to raise the speed for the rest of your Skylanders, though! But I will have a go with Stealth Elf - it'd help my ego to at least pass the challenge once : P
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#20 Posted: 20:45:47 09/08/2015
Quote: LameLime
I did Purple Chompies on Giants just now. I tried maxed Tree Rex and Eye Brawl. It's completely impossible. Tree Rex's woodpecker will automatically kill purples and Eye-Brawl can't outrun them, perhaps the same would go for other giants. I also don't want to reset Tree Rex because I've worked hard to fully upgrade him. I think I should just forget about heroic work on Giants, just Spyro's Adventure.

If you have the Time Twister Hourglass you could avoid getting the woodpecker pal in range of the purple chompies and kill the green ones quickly before they reach you. I'm not sure this will work as I haven't tried with Tree Rex yet.
---
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#21 Posted: 18:00:56 14/08/2015
The hardest one I did was the purple chomby one. The ps3 one in Giants was a little easier than the SSA
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#22 Posted: 13:48:34 05/09/2015
"You break it, you buy it", this challenge turned SSA into a rage game. I remember doing this with my upgraded Hex... on the Shade Master path!!! *shutters* That was the worst path for this challenge. Boy, it was a lot of fun avoiding the vases with exploding Phantom Orbs smilie. But at the end of the day (literally), I somehow managed to finish the challenge and increase my Hex' speed... and what do I get from it today? Nothing!
#23 Posted: 22:08:06 05/09/2015
Quote:
Trick is to use stealth elf. Worked for me

Stealth Elf was test tube bred for heroic challenges
---
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#24 Posted: 16:33:45 06/09/2015
I have completed all 45/50 heroics with all my SSA and Giants skylanders (and a few more). "You break it, you buy it" and "save the purple chompies" are indeed the hardest Challenges. The tactic is doing the Challenges before you upgrade the character. "You break it, you buy it" is much easier in SSA than in giants and "save the purple chompies" is easier in Giants.
Not bewaking the Cats is easy when you try not to kill all the enemies.

I think "You break it, you buy it" is the hardest with pop fizz. His aim for throwing the potions is not very accurate and you break vases a lot. Also you cant play him in SSA, so you have to do it in Giants.
Well it can be done with practice and some Luck. Fortunately all my Pop Fizz characters have completed the challenge.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#25 Posted: 17:04:40 06/09/2015
Quote: Darksteelforge
I have completed all 45/50 heroics with all my SSA and Giants skylanders (and a few more). "You break it, you buy it" and "save the purple chompies" are indeed the hardest Challenges. The tactic is doing the Challenges before you upgrade the character. "You break it, you buy it" is much easier in SSA than in giants and "save the purple chompies" is easier in Giants.
Not bewaking the Cats is easy when you try not to kill all the enemies.

I think "You break it, you buy it" is the hardest with pop fizz. His aim for throwing the potions is not very accurate and you break vases a lot. Also you cant play him in SSA, so you have to do it in Giants.
Well it can be done with practice and some Luck. Fortunately all my Pop Fizz characters have completed the challenge.

Those two are without a doubt the hardest, but the reality is the most punitive. That's because some characters that are actually upgraded literally makes it impossible for you to complete.
#26 Posted: 18:53:22 06/09/2015
I think that is why Cali say: they say all heroic Challenges can be completed with every skylander, but I have never seen it done.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
#27 Posted: 20:06:00 06/09/2015 | Topic Creator
they say all heroic Challenges can be completed with every skylander, but I have never seen it done.

Nobody has.
---
#28 Posted: 20:14:10 06/09/2015
I have. The heroic Challenges are from SSA and Giants. I have completed all the heroic Challenges with my SSA and Giant characters and I have all of them (excluding the very rare variants). I have also completed them with my trap team skylanders and now working on completing them with my Swap Force Skylanders.
So maybe it is time for Cali to buy some glasses or change her line.
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#29 Posted: 01:04:40 11/09/2015
I have completed all the heroic Challenges with my SSA and Giant characters and I have all of them (excluding the very rare variants).

Dude! Let's start a club!
Did you finish all Quests in SF too? That's a real grind x_x
Thank god the Quests are so easy in Giants, haha. If they were as grindy as the SF ones on top of the Heroics, I would have lost my mind.
#30 Posted: 18:27:25 11/09/2015
No, I didnt finish all the quests in Swap Force, but I had completed a lot in Swap Force. It takes a lot of time to finish all the heroics for all your skylanders, so I am finishing first all quests in SSA and Giants. I am almost there, but I cant finish it before Superchargers. After that I will look what I want to do next.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#31 Posted: 18:29:48 11/09/2015
I did all of the quests / heroics for EVERY skylander up to Swap Force...meaning that if a skylander has been released POST Swap Force that COULD be run through the quests/heroics I have not done so...mainly because it's redundant to a character I've already done and of course they got rid of all of this in Trap team, so why care?

I've guesstimated about 300 hours of my life disappeared doing that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:11 11/09/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#32 Posted: 19:00:15 14/09/2015
I did a couple more (all trap team skylanders and now completing the Swap force variants) and I have a lot of variants. It takes an avarage of 2 to 3 minutes per heroic challenge so with almost 6.000 Challenges a simular of Hours have Been invested. It helps to get to know the different skylanders and help them to level them up to lvl 11 to 13.
It is also relaxing and I like the advantages they have in the earlier games.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me