Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All-Purpose Fire Emblem Topic
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The All-Purpose Fire Emblem Topic
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#301 Posted: 00:07:00 19/01/2017
Remember when not a lot of people really knew what Fire Emblem was before Awakening came out? Now it got its own direct and is getting 4 new games over the next year or two. Talk about a nice change of pace for a franchise.

Fire Emblem Warriors looks awesome and I'm kind of glad it's coming to New 3DS so I have that option. it's nice to actually have another N3DS exclusive that isn't Xenoblade or Binding of Isaac.

Definitely going to pick up Fire Emblem Echoes at some point as well though I'm not sure when. I still have to finish Fates lol.

As long as Heroes is free to play I'll happily download it. I really need a new mobile game to keep me occupied. Also I picked Lissa for the ballot thing since Lucina is already confirmed for the game.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
Also, friendly reminder.

We're getting amiibo of two obscure, formerly Japanese exclusive Fire Emblem characters, before we get Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta.

what the heck Nintendo

These ones should be done and finished by now it's been almost a year
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:28 19/01/2017 by pankakesparx456
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#302 Posted: 00:20:31 19/01/2017
It's been OVER a year since they announced them. The Final Smash Direct was on December 2015. smilie

I just hope they stick to previous tradition of the Smash amiibo, and don't make it FemCorrin just because she's more popular. Nothing against her, but MaleCorrin has hardly gotten any love since Fates and Smash. At least he's in Heroes now, though.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#303 Posted: 00:23:42 19/01/2017
At least we know Bayonetta is in development. They're probably gonna be released alongside a new smash game or port
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
King_PikaII Green Sparx Gems: 270
#304 Posted: 01:26:04 19/01/2017
ahhhhhh

So excited.... So. Excited.

Fire Emblem is pretty much my inspiration. Excited about everything, but Echoes has some pretty amazing music and artwork. Definitely going to get it and the Alm/Celica amiibo. I've played every FE except Gaiden, simply because the Famicom was frustrating. So happy.
---
Interests: Fire Emblem, Persona, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby, Ace Attorney, other similar games
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#305 Posted: 01:53:44 19/01/2017
vote casted for my girl lyn
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#306 Posted: 02:00:20 19/01/2017
While we're on the topic of Corrin... am I the only one who thinks they're (both of them) a terrible eyesore of a Mary Sue?

I mean, this is a pretty accurate description of the character:
The main character of the game, who is a customizable avatar, who every other character in the game has to instantly love without question (except the "villains"), and can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the other characters, so they're basically considered "perfect". They also have super special dragon powers.

Does this not match common descriptions of a "Mary Sue" almost exactly? I'd say it does match, and that's part of why I can't stand Corrin. Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to get this off my mind.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#307 Posted: 02:10:15 19/01/2017
Quote: Spellslamzer75
While we're on the topic of Corrin... am I the only one who thinks they're (both of them) a terrible eyesore of a Mary Sue?

The main character of the game, who is a customizable avatar, who every other character in the game has to instantly love without question (except the "villains"), and can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the other characters, so they're basically considered "perfect". They also have super special dragon powers.

Does this not match common descriptions of a "Mary Sue" almost exactly? I'd say it does match, and that's part of why I can't stand Corrin. Sorry for the rant, but I wanted to get this off my mind.

takumi tho
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#308 Posted: 02:11:50 19/01/2017
I actually have no idea what this game series is or why they have so many characters in Smash Bros.

Can someone please give me a brief explanation onto what this franchise is?
King_PikaII Green Sparx Gems: 270
#309 Posted: 02:13:50 19/01/2017
Quote: Spellslamzer75

I don't think that Mary Sue means anything anymore. It's been abused as a term for too long. I don't think that Corrin is too perfect. Saizo, Oboro, and Takumi at the very least do not like Corrin immediately. Corrin messes up so much that they can't be considered perfect.
---
Interests: Fire Emblem, Persona, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby, Ace Attorney, other similar games
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#310 Posted: 02:22:49 19/01/2017
Quote: sprocketrocket
I voted for Peri (keep in mind I have never played a game before I did this based completely on appearance)

peri's ****ing psycho.
---
words. letters. filler.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#311 Posted: 02:57:00 19/01/2017
at this point i'm entirely convinced we're not getting the last 3 smash amiibo.

(also, voted for roy. only know the characters from smash/brief impressions of awakening and fates.)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#312 Posted: 03:07:41 19/01/2017
pls dont butcher the FE2 remake, treehouse.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#313 Posted: 03:16:01 19/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
at this point i'm entirely convinced we're not getting the last 3 smash amiibo.

(also, voted for roy. only know the characters from smash/brief impressions of awakening and fates.)

Wait for the Smash Switch reveal, they're most definitely being held to launch alongside with it.
---
words. letters. filler.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#314 Posted: 03:16:41 19/01/2017
I voted for Selkie
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#315 Posted: 03:19:21 19/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
I actually have no idea what this game series is or why they have so many characters in Smash Bros.

Can someone please give me a brief explanation onto what this franchise is?

"Described by its creators as an "RPG simulation", the gameplay revolves around tactical movement of characters across grid-based environments, while incorporating a story and characters similar to those in a more traditional role-playing video game.

A noted aspect of gameplay is the permanent death of characters in battle, removing them from the rest of the game should they be defeated. The series title refers to the titular object, the "Fire Emblem", usually portrayed as a royally treasured weapon or shield, representing the power of war and dragons, a recurring element in the series."
-Wikipedia

Basically, it's a Strategy game with lots of RPG elements set in medieval enviroments and stuff. At least from wath I understood.

Quote: Drawdler
Can someone fill me in with bullet points? I didn't even know this thing would hapen this soon after the Switch reveal, and all I know from it is old FE game getting remake.

• Remake of the second game in the franchise, along with a Amiibo 2-Pack of the main characters.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors (think of Hyrule Warriors, same game) is coming booth for the Switch and the New Nintendo 3DS.
  • A new main series game is coming for the Switch in 2018.
  • The mobile game, called Fire Emblem Heroes, is coming February 2nd. You can vote on the official website for a certain character to enter the game or something (kinda like a Smash Ballot).
---
Bruh
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:24:19 19/01/2017 by Crash10
#316 Posted: 03:20:52 19/01/2017
Can someone fill me in with bullet points? I didn't even know this thing would hapen this soon after the Switch reveal, and all I know from it is old FE game getting remake.

2018 FE switch game announced
FE Warriors is like Hyrule Warriors but with FE characters
FE Heroes is a mobile game
FE Gaiden is coming over here, only it's revamped to the current graphics and modern FE game standards.
---
#317 Posted: 03:21:57 19/01/2017
where would i go to vote?
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#318 Posted: 03:36:41 19/01/2017
Thanke. Did they announce what the Alm/Celica amiibo do?

Nope, just images.
---
Bruh
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#319 Posted: 05:10:41 19/01/2017
So just in case anyone is confused about the "Choose Your Legends" poll, I found an explanation.

Quote:
As I understand it, the results of the poll are used in two ways, the first being what was mentioned in the Direct. The top voted male character and top voted female character will have special versions of them in the game, wearing special Choose Your Legends outfits, and will not be available upon release. This is why you are able to vote for characters that have already been confirmed; you aren't voting for the characters to appear in the base game, you're voting for a special version of the character game as a special event after release.

The second use for the poll is special Fire Emblem wallpapers. Throughout the year, a new wallpaper will be distributed each month, starting with the top male and top female in March, then the second male and second female in April, all the way to the tenth male and female in December. As far as I can tell, the site does not make it clear whether the male and female characters will get separate wallpapers, or whether the two will be combine into one wallpaper for the month.
#320 Posted: 13:56:09 19/01/2017
I actually liked Fate's story, it's what made me want to try Fire Emblem and I got all 3 route and never turned perma death off.

Also I wonder, Rhajat and Tharja will both be heroes right?
Despite them being multidimensional counterparts
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:50 19/01/2017 by Windumup
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#321 Posted: 08:07:45 20/01/2017
So, I just watched the Fire Emblem direct (I know I'm kind of late), and I'm honestly surprised to say I'm feeling positive about this series again.

FE Warriors looks pretty much exactly like Hyrule Warriors as far as gameplay, and I am completely okay with that. Too bad it won't be on Wii U, since I don't have a New 3DS and I'm not too interested in the Switch just yet.

The Gaiden remake was certainly unexpected and seems interesting.

That mobile game actually looked pretty great too. This is coming from someone who's not really into mobile gaming at all.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#322 Posted: 05:29:32 20/03/2017
I downloaded Fire Emblem Heroes and I really want Roy, but I keep getting not Roy.

Current team is Anna, F-Corrin, Matthew, & Caeda.

EDIT: Welp, just drew his Dad. Eh? (Bye Caeda)
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:50:40 20/03/2017 by Seiki
#323 Posted: 19:05:42 29/03/2017
@treehouse

dont **** the remaster up pls

thnx

-everyone.
---
#324 Posted: 18:43:04 02/04/2017
Female Corrin is getting an amiibo as well as Male Corrin, apparently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amiib...mash_amiibo_is/
---
#325 Posted: 19:03:32 02/04/2017
^i think that was announced when corrin was announced for smash
---
#326 Posted: 19:07:30 02/04/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Please let male Corrin have an amiibo. I'm honestly tired of the female Corrin favoritism lately.

Male Corrin is still getting one.

FE Echoes just treats the two separately.

And they will likely both still be part of the Smash line.
---
#327 Posted: 21:21:32 02/04/2017
I'll buy male corrin only. Never really liked the female
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#328 Posted: 00:06:56 03/04/2017

DEAR GOD YES
NOW I DONT HAVE TO CUSTOMIZE A MALE CORRIN I CAN GET ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS EVER IN ALL HER GLORY

Please let male Corrin have an amiibo. I'm honestly tired of the female Corrin favoritism lately.

i mean theres 4 smash amiibo coming, three of which we know are cloud, corrin, and bayonetta, and we only just got the news of them manufacturing a 4th one a few months ago and pretty much everyone thought itd be ice climbers
unless they decided to randomly change female corrin to the default in smash, and they add another character for a possible switch port, then theres no reason male corrin wont get his

besides, didnt sakurai say he didnt want to add the ice climbers because they didnt work on 3DS and he wanted all platforms to have an identical roster? if we get them or any other character on just switch, i dont see that going over well

Male Corrin is still getting one.

FE Echoes just treats the two separately.

And they will likely both still be part of the Smash line.

so i read most of the reddit thread, and it differentiates between them, like smash kirby and planet robobot kirby, right?
which explains the one corrin skin for yoshis woolly world on 3DS
im only repeating this bc i wanna make sure i get the info right when i scream about it to my girlfriend

I'll buy male corrin only. Never really liked the female

im kinda the opposite way
ill still get both for the sake of having all the fire emblem amiibo, but i doubt ill use him much at all, and i definitely wont get a spare to keep in box
theres slight differences in personality between them in fates, and the reasons i dont like male corrin are those personality differences, his hair, and his voice
i honestly think id really dislike corrin if it werent for the female version
#329 Posted: 01:53:54 03/04/2017
Nice. I'm glad to see both happening. Will be getting both. Now if only we could get Female Robin too...

Random other note, plz friend me in FE Heroes: 1904220757. Name is Kiran even though I typed Seiki because the game F'd up.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#330 Posted: 02:30:49 03/04/2017
Quote: Seiki
Nice. I'm glad to see both happening. Will be getting both. Now if only we could get Female Robin too...

Random other note, plz friend me in FE Heroes: 1904220757. Name is Kiran even though I typed Seiki because the game F'd up.

you can fix that in your settings!!
#331 Posted: 02:44:18 03/04/2017
Quote: StriderSwag

you can fix that in your settings!!

OMG THANK YOU
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#332 Posted: 03:19:45 03/04/2017

Good. I don´t hate Male Corrin but Female Corrin was my semi Main in Smash.
#333 Posted: 07:50:20 03/04/2017
The difference between Male and Female Corrin will be like that of Mario and Dr. Mario - they have a slight variation in their code that allows different functionality in the same game if developers want it, but most games will read them as the same character.

------

EDIT: The Japanese version of Fire Emblem Echoes has been leaked and a ROM for the game is floating around. So be wary of spoilers when hanging around Fire Emblem communities or looking up information about the game.

I'm also hoping some dataminer will find the files for Female Corrin's amiibo data in the game to 100% verify the leak.

EDIT2: Female Corrin amiibo 100% confirmed. Video of her Illusory in action.

https://twitter.com/Arno_LS/st...-fire-emblem%2F
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:36:26 03/04/2017 by sonicbrawler182
#334 Posted: 18:10:03 03/04/2017
The difference between Male and Female Corrin will be like that of Mario and Dr. Mario - they have a slight variation in their code that allows different functionality in the same game if developers want it, but most games will read them as the same character.

------

EDIT: The Japanese version of Fire Emblem Echoes has been leaked and a ROM for the game is floating around. So be wary of spoilers when hanging around Fire Emblem communities or looking up information about the game.

I'm also hoping some dataminer will find the files for Female Corrin's amiibo data in the game to 100% verify the leak.

EDIT2: Female Corrin amiibo 100% confirmed. Video of her Illusory in action.

https://twitter.com/Arno_LS/st...-fire-emblem%2F

first, lord reggie came down from the heavens and gifted me waluigi
now, he gifts me with female corrin
this is a holy day

EDIT:
here's portraits of both male and female corrin in game, confirming we're getting both
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:22:00 03/04/2017 by StriderSwag
#335 Posted: 00:34:07 05/04/2017
I've been playing Heroes an unholy amount because i need bunny lucina

also I finally finished the entirety of Fates the other day.

After playing all three paths I think it's decent overall. I do like some of the tweaks and improvements they made with the gameplay and the amount of content the game has but in return I honestly though the vast majority of characters were bland and forgettable and the story just isn't all that great either.

To be fair, it was obviously going to be difficult for them to follow up Awakening but overall I thought it was a bit less than stellar. Decent, but not fantastic. :/
---
Cool cool.
#336 Posted: 00:41:15 05/04/2017
Quote: pankakesparx456

After playing all three paths I think it's decent overall. I do like some of the tweaks and improvements they made with the gameplay and the amount of content the game has but in return I honestly though the vast majority of characters were bland and forgettable and the story just isn't all that great either.

To be fair, it was obviously going to be difficult for them to follow up Awakening but overall I thought it was a bit less than stellar. Decent, but not fantastic. :/

Gameplay-wise it's better than Awakening in almost every conceivable way, though.

Plus some characters have fantastic interactions in their supports.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:32 05/04/2017 by sonicbrawler182
#337 Posted: 06:21:59 05/04/2017

Gameplay-wise it's better than Awakening in almost every conceivable way, though.

gameplay wise, it was fantastic, especially conquest
i agree with the story and some characters being lacking tho, imo conquest is the only GREAT one of the three paths
#338 Posted: 06:43:22 05/04/2017
i've been playing too much FEH recently.

Got easter chrom/xander, just need lucina/camilla then i can stop wasting my life

but hey 5 star Leo isnt bad either
#339 Posted: 18:00:38 05/04/2017
I pulled 5* Male Corrin last night as well as 4* Effie. Really happy with these two as i didn't have them yet and wanted them. Still kind of want Bunny-Xander, though I have Bunny-Lucina so at least I got one of them.
---
#340 Posted: 01:31:59 06/04/2017
Quote: StriderSwag

gameplay wise, it was fantastic, especially conquest
i agree with the story and some characters being lacking tho, imo conquest is the only GREAT one of the three paths

If we're talking strictly gameplay, then I do think Fates was amazing. It just took what worked in Awakening and improved it in just about every way possible. Story and character-wise though, I really found the game lacking. Outside of the royal families and a few select other characters, I honestly cared less for the characters in this game. None of them really made an emotional impact on me at all. And the story I found kind of meh for the most part. IMO Birthright was the best path of the three.

Revelations is specifically what really bogged the game down for me, because I honestly hated this path. I don't know what it was, but I was so bored out of my mind playing this path, so much to the point where I was actually skipping just about everything except for the story cutscenes just to get through it. I was constantly asking myself over and over again, "when does this game end?" and at that point I knew the path failed for me. Even though I had some issues with Birthright and Conquest, I was still at least enjoying myself. Revelations made no impact on me at all, nothing really happened in it at all, and I was honestly really happy to finally have finished it. If it wasn't for this path I probably would've really enjoyed the game overall and thought it was fantastic. As it stands though, I think it's just good when looking at all three paths collectively.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:10 06/04/2017 by pankakesparx456
#341 Posted: 04:04:24 06/04/2017
I pulled 5* Male Corrin last night as well as 4* Effie. Really happy with these two as i didn't have them yet and wanted them. Still kind of want Bunny-Xander, though I have Bunny-Lucina so at least I got one of them.

i have bunny xander and chrom, just not bunny lucina and camilla.
#342 Posted: 04:58:55 06/04/2017

tbh, I just want Bunny-Xander in case his Grand Hero Battle gives me trouble when it comes since I want to have all of the Nohr siblings. I don't care for the bunny designs all that much. I like Chrom's the most, and even then I'd rather have the original.
---
#343 Posted: 05:25:50 06/04/2017

tbh, I just want Bunny-Xander in case his Grand Hero Battle gives me trouble when it comes since I want to have all of the Nohr siblings. I don't care for the bunny designs all that much. I like Chrom's the most, and even then I'd rather have the original.

true.

although, the easter touches on bunny-camilla's wyvern are nice.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me