Page 1 of 1
Is Spyro Really Good?
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1 Posted: 20:51:35 08/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I notice how on these forums people are constantly complaining that they want Spyro reposes, and want him to be the MAIN focus. So I've been playing with my Spyros on the horn path and he just cannot use his fireballs. The do half the damage of Gustos boomerang, which has a similar rate of fire. But he's not efficient, and also a bit boring as he has no combos and his third ability is just flying... Which is a sacrifice in maneuverability.... I don't know. Maybe his fireball path his better but still... I don't get it.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#2 Posted: 21:06:08 08/06/2015
The fireball path is definitely the better option, it always has been, but simply put, Spyro is terrible. He was lackluster in SSA, got no improvements in Giants, was vastly overshadowed by all the newcomers in SSF, but he's beyond poor in STT. Not sure why, perhaps he's just dated poorly.

HOPEFULLY, he'll be the returning Magic Supercharger where they can effectively update his playstyle to be a bit more usable.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#3 Posted: 21:10:55 08/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I like his horn path in SG and SSA but I think is fireballs are better in SF. I haven't tried them in STT.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 21:11:00 08/06/2015
Dunno, they tweaked him good in TT. Though his flight could definately use being less slippery(or ANYTHING really), Daybringer Flame is such a good way to crowd control and the charge lasts long enough to get him out of trouble. He suffers a lot from having to reference his old games instead of using other more versatile abilities,but what he can do is usually fun enough for me.
That's just on Sheepburner path though, because the charge is heavy and just hard to control,which is really bad when you have other characters with much faster and easier to handle dashes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:10:00 06/07/2015 by Bifrost
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#5 Posted: 22:04:22 08/06/2015
yea hes not the best but this is a spyro fan site. plus its spyro, skylanders started with him and he should always be a part of it.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#6 Posted: 22:14:55 08/06/2015
How much of Skylanders is from Spyro games? I've never played a single Spyro game, but I've heard that Cynder is from the Spyro games and is probably his girlfriend or something. And Sparx is from some Spryo game too. I don't know anything about them beyond that.
---
Stay Cool!
#7 Posted: 22:55:14 08/06/2015
Quote: fairyland
How much of Skylanders is from Spyro games? I've never played a single Spyro game, but I've heard that Cynder is from the Spyro games and is probably his girlfriend or something. And Sparx is from some Spryo game too. I don't know anything about them beyond that.

It's a long list. The aesthesics are similar, locations from the old games have been repurposed(Ka-Boom is from a LOS location,for example), some things reference it, others are inspired by. It's still far from being a big plataformer, but it still has a bit of the feel of a Spyro game - but you can bet someone will show up saying how wrong I am for thinking that.
Spyro,Cynder and Sparx are main characters in the games,Cynder is LOS only. Malefor is also from there, but he's still comic-only.
---
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#8 Posted: 22:56:45 08/06/2015
I'm not sure about hoping for reposes all the time, but the asking for a Spyro games isn't asking for a game that stars Skylanders Spyro. They're hoping for either a 3D Platformer collect-a-thon that focuses on gliding, or an action game with a serious, epic, plot, preferably with Spyro and Cynder being boyfriend/girlfriend and/or having kids. (I'd be in the former group, if one came to be, but I digress)

As far as Spyro's relationship to Skylanders? Spyro and Sparx are from what is considered the "Classic" series (the collect-a-thon platformers). Spyro in Skylanders' entire base moveset (not Wow-Pow) is based on the attacks he could do in the Classic series: Flame, Charge, and Headbash. Classic Spyro could not fly, though, he could only glide, losing altitude quickly.

In the Classics, Sparx was mostly just a health indicator, changing colors when Spyro got hit. His ability as a magic item is based on his minigames in Year of the Dragon and Season of Ice, which was top-down and Sparx had the ability to shoot small fireballs at opponents. The butterflies are a reference to the fact that Sparx eats butterflies to gain health for Spyro, and in his minigames, butterflies give him power-ups.

Cynder, part of Spyro's backstory, and Dark Spyro are from the Legend of Spyro trilogy. Cynder started as the main villain, controlled by the series final boss Malefor. In the first game, Spyro freed her at the end, and made her small again. In the second game, Cynder ran away, and later was kidnapped, and Spyro was tracking her the entire game to rescue her. In the third game, she and Spyro ended up chained together for the entire game, and at the end, she revealed that she loved Spyro (it's about as built-up as it sounds. She's just the only female dragon in the series, so she had to the love interest). Her Skylanders moveset is only slightly based on her abilities in the games. She never has lightning powers (Spyro did, though), but the Shadow Dash is directly based on the Shadow Dash she can use in Dawn of the Dragon. No ghosts, though. She isn't undead, just cursed.

Dark Spyro happened in the second game, The Eternal Night. At the end, Spyro got sucked into a dark energy beam that was related to Malefor's return. Dark Spyro was extremely powerful, vicious, and fast. He returns back to normal after the final boss battle. Dark Spyro returns for a cutscene in Dawn of the dragon, but it serves no purpose other than to show how upset he was at the time. In Skylanders, Dark Spyro's 3DS (not console) moveset is based on the Legend of Spyro, with lots of melee.

Additionally, in Dawn of the Dragon, both Spyro and Cynder can fly fairly freely. They can't go up in all circumstances, but they can generally keep in the air.

Oh, and I almost forgot the sheep! The sheep you see in Skylanders are based directly off of the sheep in the first three Classic Spyro games. In the Spyro games, they were sources of health, and in cutscenes they weren't treated very well (used as a basketball, chased by Spyro constantly, were about to be used as targets, etc.). Skylanders keeps the round appearance, and in some cases even the bouncy sound effect.

There are some other scattered references, but those are the characters that come directly from the Spyro series without changing their name or anything. Hope that clears it up a bit!
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:37 08/06/2015 by ladala
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#9 Posted: 22:57:47 08/06/2015
Spyro is very underwhelming in-game compared to most other Skylanders, If Spyro is one of the Superchargers, his gameplay will be changed, which will hopefully make him more powerful and fun to play as~

Quote: fairyland

Sparx is Spyro's best friend/Health meter/and other things, and is in basically all the Spyro games,
Cynder is in The Legend Of Spyro games, and others I'm pretty sure
Other than that, there's very few other references to Spyro outside of SSA
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:00:04 08/06/2015 by Badwolfmichael
#10 Posted: 23:14:33 08/06/2015
Quote: ladala

Oh, and I almost forgot the sheep! The sheep you see in Skylanders are based directly off of the sheep in the first three Classic Spyro games. In the Spyro games, they were sources of health, and in cutscenes they weren't treated very well (used as a basketball, chased by Spyro constantly, were about to be used as targets, etc.). Skylanders keeps the round appearance, and in some cases even the bouncy sound effect.

Can't forget about the sheep! Something that both series definately share is that it's the resident butt monkey species.

There's also Auric,which is a direct reference to Moneybags. While not as greedy, he's definately as in love with money - Golden Queen,which is the epitome of obsessed with gold, even relates to him.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 23:26:15 08/06/2015
Munitions Forge, Ka-Boom's home island, is a throwback to A New Beginning.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#12 Posted: 00:59:56 09/06/2015
I still have the first edition of Dark Spyro on his Sheepburner Spryo path. I'm not entirely sure if he'll return as a SuperCharger or not, but we'll see pretty soon.
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#13 Posted: 07:16:08 09/06/2015
Quote: Nroc-Nuika

HOPEFULLY, he'll be the returning Magic Supercharger where they can effectively update his playstyle to be a bit more usable.

A cool aviator helmet complete with goggles and his horns poking out the top would look awesome smilie
---
Whip up a storm!
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#14 Posted: 06:28:47 06/07/2015
Spyro is one of my favourite Skylanders
But over time he became a but underpowered
EE makes spyro beast af
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#15 Posted: 09:13:16 06/07/2015
Only way I enjoyed Spyro in Skylanders was playing his Elite version, and even so... he is quite an ordinary Skylander to play. I'm all in for a new Spyro game that is not Skylanders-related, but I want him to stop being featured in any way inside the main games from now on.
---
bye
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#16 Posted: 10:51:36 06/07/2015
I am not a Spyro fan but he plays just fine in Trap Team . I dont feel he is underpowered or anything .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#17 Posted: 17:01:00 06/07/2015
Spyro has always been my favorite Skylander just before Gill Grunt and Hotdog. I personally think he's powerful, but plays blandly.

I've been a fan of Spyro since the Classic series and agree that's he's perfectly faithful to the original series.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me