darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Who to Use AGAINST Kaos in Nightmare?
Page 1 of 1
Who to Use AGAINST Kaos in Nightmare?
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#1 Posted: 02:34:36 02/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Hello all, another question for the community yet again, this time about the game itself. The big one of course: Who should I use against Kaos at the end of the game? Of course, there's a catch: I must be able to defeat Kaos in Nightmare Mode without losing or switching any Skylanders.

If this has never been accomplished in the forums, I will be very disappointed, considering the other members who have managed to make it through the other games through Nightmare mode. If someone has, let me know what your strategy was, along with who you used in the attempt. I am obviously trying to Four-Star my Nightmare mode save, from Arenas, to Story, and even the Doom Challenge. I have completed all but the No Switch and No Lives Lost objectives for the Ultimate Weapon, so please let me know when you can.

Potential Teams:
a. smilie and smilie (Current Selection)
b. smilie and smilie
c. smilie and smilie

Strategies:
a. Using Snap Shot's Hydro Arrow over and over again in quick succession, while also dodging the many hazards Kaos sends out. Kaos (Trapped) is used mainly as an assurance that I won't kill Snap Shot while dodging the hazards, and as Kaos attacks are mainly close range, I set his sigils to Magic, that way he can have a continually filled timer. As of now, I have only made it part way through the third phase of the fight, as I don't switch to Kaos fast enough in desperate areas.
b. [None, haven't attempted character yet.]
c. [None, haven't attempted character yet.]
d. Another plan that I have not tested is to set Kaos' sigils to Magic, as stated before, get close to boss Kaos, and spam the Doom Sharks as much as I can. It will almost certainly be slow going, and should only be used in maybe the first and third phases of the fight (The first I have found to take the longest amount of time to accomplish, while the third there isn't much time to hit Kaos before he begins another bout of attacks. The second phase usually yields enough time to hit him).

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2 Posted: 02:45:47 02/06/2015
Done it.Easy put down a random skylander and a kaos trap,Kaos magic thing refills the timer
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#3 Posted: 02:53:44 02/06/2015 | Topic Creator
True, it refills the timer. But, you need to deal enough damage to kill Kaos, so either use the Skylander, or Kaos' Doom Sharks. How did you defeat him, besides using Kaos and his magic sigil.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#4 Posted: 02:59:06 02/06/2015
Quote: zookinator
True, it refills the timer. But, you need to deal enough damage to kill Kaos, so either use the Skylander, or Kaos' Doom Sharks. How did you defeat him, besides using Kaos and his magic sigil.

On the second phase of the boss I used spyro series 3 with the healing magic item.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#5 Posted: 03:32:13 02/06/2015
The best villain to use besides Kaos is Threatpack because dem missiles are power. As for skylanders, definitely use ranged characters, Best example would probably be Bumble Blast because of his homing bees, or a ranged TM like Snap Shot or Kaboom due to the advantage.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
CyberTails Green Sparx Gems: 484
#6 Posted: 04:33:08 02/06/2015
I've been trying to beat Kaos without Switching and the one I've had the easiest time with so far (still get KO'ed though) is Spy Shift (Spy Rise's Top and Night Shift's Bottom) due to the potential resurrection and Spy's Gun can do well for when Kaos is "Scanned" with the Spyder Scanner S3
---
My Giants smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#7 Posted: 09:32:50 02/06/2015
this was easy for me. i didnt get the time challenge doing it this way but i went in with knightmare, broccoli guy and wolfgang.
broccoli guy was obviously used to heal if my skylander got low ( only had to heal twice). knightmare being melee she wasent really all that useful in the later phases but shes my favorite so i used her and she did all the dodging. wolfgang did most of the damage, used his music note attack to damage from far away.

basic strat is use your skylander to dodge everything then swap to wolfgang after everything has been dodged to deal some damage. you can also swap to wolfgang to take a hit if you know your going to get hit. and broccoli guy for heals. the no swap only cares about you skylander not your villain.

after i beat kaos on nightmare mode first try with no deaths i trapped him then "steamrolled" my way through it again using kaos almost the entire fight for the speed challenge, that i got first try as well.

that was the only fight i use kaos in, all other i went knightmare and tie kwan crow. only time challenge i didnt get first try was the future level with the wolfgang fight.
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#8 Posted: 14:20:30 02/06/2015
Blackout and use the no damage glitch
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 15:05:22 02/06/2015
Quote: SkylanderGoo

That's exactly how I defeated Kaos in Nightmare and earned one of the accolades.
PowerBlackouts Red Sparx Gems: 61
#10 Posted: 17:52:32 02/06/2015
Quote: SkylanderGoo

Not to sound like I'm bad or anything, but that's potentially cheating the game. The only combo where I came closest to beating Kaos on Nightmare was Fling Kong and Kaos. I used Kaos's magic symbol to up time and undead to damage him. (I put the dark helm on Kaos for the extra crit.) I used Fling Kong during the early stages and spammed his Make It Rain soul gem.
---
“I don’t care if he’s Freddy or not, I just want to get my hands on those SWEET, SUCCULENT, DOUBLE A BATTERIES.” -Balloon Boy from 5 AM at Freddy's
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#11 Posted: 23:31:19 02/06/2015
Seriously, just use Kaos and any skylanders whatsoever.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 00:16:15 03/06/2015
Bumble Blast.

No questions asked.
He's the strongest long range character in all the games.
He has lot's of Armor and Health, and his bees do lots of damage~
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#13 Posted: 09:26:30 03/06/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Bumble Blast.

No questions asked.
He's the strongest long range character in all the games.
He has lot's of Armor and Health, and his bees do lots of damage~

i saw a video on that, it looked like you didnt even have to be facing your target for the bees to attack it. the guy was just dodging everything while spamming that bee move, killed him fast.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me