First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Traps in Skylanders Super Chargers. [CLOSED]
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#51 Posted: 16:52:15 28/05/2015
Quote: UncleBob
The Volcanic Vault is still recognized by the games? It does the "smart bomb" thing... but it does work.

Hmm, maybe mine isn't working anymore, could have sworn it gave me some sort of "this item isn't recognized by this game" error.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#52 Posted: 16:58:49 28/05/2015
They have put all the playable characters in ALL the next games....the Traps are not magic items like the Pirate Seas, Dragon's Peak, Dragonfire Cannon, Catapult, Tower of Time, Arkeyan Crossbow, Sunscraper Spire an Midnight Museum....ect...ect....they are Playable CHARACTERS like the Skylander figures...there just not in a PVC'ed cast figure like the Skylanders are...but that could change in the future. smilie ...well ..one can hope. smilie

Not to mech'in all the work people have done to get these Traps to hold all these Villians turned good..and they don't put them in Skylanders Superchargers will piss off a lot of players.
Besides thats not good marketing to not put them in the next game...*make them playable in just ONE game* ....nawww... that dosen't sound like Avtivision to me.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#53 Posted: 17:15:05 28/05/2015
Quote: defpally
Quote: Bifrost
They're mostly useless but they're not outright unsupported. They're just a cheap area of effect. They DID NOT remove support entirely for any gimmick, for the third time I have to insist on it.

And for the umpteenth time, being a smart bomb or making a box a character can open is not "support". Not to mention the Swap Force gimmick is completely unused (the movement type and split element doors) and the Volcanic Vault (which required a purchase to get) isn't even recognized by the game anymore. I know you want to defend Skylanders, but come on.

We are lucky that we can still use figures from the first game (in varying degrees of effectiveness), but they have a pretty spotty track record for future support for gimmicks. Any one that bought lots of traps figuring it was going to be a sound future investment for the franchise is going to be disappointed and honestly didn't pay very much attention to the history of either developer. Heck, with Trap Team they didn't even bother with multi-platform support for this year's gimmick, the 3DS version didn't even use traps at all - that doesn't bode well for them making them a robust feature necessity for Skylanders 5.

I don't agree.

If a figure can be used then no matter what it could do before and what it can do now.
It is supported.

Of course this isn't necessarily a "good thing" but it's still better than making them completely useless as if they were broken.

I said it a lot in the past.
Gimmick features in-game are obviously a one time fature.
Characters and figures (in any form) are not.

Giants work and are strong, tough, can lift boulder and crush smaller enemies, Swappers work can swap and Trap Masters will most likely work and keep their unique abilities.

I don't think using traps and having to carry all of them around with you would have been a good move for a portable game.
That was a choice and a smart one too in my opinion, given the nature of traps.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:17:00 28/05/2015 by Drek95
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#54 Posted: 01:55:56 29/05/2015
^ I think all the previous characters need to show up as Mr. Hankey. That would meet the desired measurement it seems.

Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Villains are instant wins, and was a WEAK design element in Trap Team. I have no interest in using them in the new game. By the way, future compatibility is for FIGURES. These are not figures. Just sayin'.

I disagree. They were an interesting twist on the way that we played the game and certainly not something that anybody had really tried before in kid-centric/targeted games. Plus, BROCCOLI GUY. Instant heal, man. If you're not keeping Broccoli Guy in a life trap and in the portal at all times, you're seriously missing out.

You're right, 90% of the villains are absolutely useless. I appreciate you like your "I get hit too much so I need a cheat to get my health back because 5000+ of HP in food in a level isn't enough" Broc Guy, but seriously--the ones that are actually useful makes it instant win.

But what do I know? I was framed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:57:38 29/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#55 Posted: 02:29:17 29/05/2015
Broccoli guy is great when my son who loves to go charging in with ranged characters gets almost knocked out or that stupid rubber band/jump pad stuff keeps snapping you back to an environmental hazard in two player mode.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#56 Posted: 05:27:22 29/05/2015
I don't use villains a lot. Personally I'm more interested to see if VV nerf the Eon's Elite characters from TT. That to me would be a bad business decision. It would almost make it worthwhile choosing to only buy TFB or VV releases and skip the other release.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#57 Posted: 08:47:08 30/05/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
They have put all the playable characters in ALL the next games....the Traps are not magic items like the Pirate Seas, Dragon's Peak, Dragonfire Cannon, Catapult, Tower of Time, Arkeyan Crossbow, Sunscraper Spire an Midnight Museum....ect...ect....they are Playable CHARACTERS like the Skylander figures...there just not in a PVC'ed cast figure like the Skylanders are...but that could change in the future. smilie ...well ..one can hope. smilie

Not to mech'in all the work people have done to get these Traps to hold all these Villians turned good..and they don't put them in Skylanders Superchargers will piss off a lot of players.
Besides thats not good marketing to not put them in the next game...*make them playable in just ONE game* ....nawww... that dosen't sound like Avtivision to me.

the starter pack have been revealed and the game story too... and guess what, not a word of traps is mentioned anywhere.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#58 Posted: 12:14:07 30/05/2015
Then again, it doesn't mention Giants, or Swap-Force, or even Trap Masters. Just because the Starter Pack details haven't said that Traps were compatible, doesn't mean they really aren't.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#59 Posted: 12:59:24 30/05/2015
Quote: zookinator
Then again, it doesn't mention Giants, or Swap-Force, or even Trap Masters. Just because the Starter Pack details haven't said that Traps were compatible, doesn't mean they really aren't.

Exactly.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#60 Posted: 13:02:58 30/05/2015
And even if Kaos being not on a trap is a thing, doesn't mean the others won't be. Maybe you'll put on the Kaos Trap and have it just fall on the magic moment because it's empty, would be pretty funny, and the others work normally.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#61 Posted: 14:37:01 30/05/2015
I hope for the people that have lots that they work.
As long as they are not required.

I also hope that this game to not require anything more to 100% if I have enough for the first 2. Then I will get this one - I skipped Trap Team cause I don't want to spend this much money anymore. Also I'm considering selling Swap Force because it's not as fun for me. If this one can be completed with the starter pack, I will get a few figures from Trap Team and this one, but not many.
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#62 Posted: 15:28:35 30/05/2015
I'm hoping(although I know it is unlikely) that you get to retrap him at the end of the game....With a new power......
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#63 Posted: 18:05:55 30/05/2015
Maybe, just maybe, Kaos will only serve to set the events of the game in motion, only to be replaced by a new villain? Skylanders has been playing around with the ideas of throwing more and more major evildoers into the mix for years now, so we may see new major players enter the game to disturb the balance of power.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#64 Posted: 18:29:33 30/05/2015
If traps weren't supported, that would be an even bigger disappointment than the vehicle idea. Not supporting traps in the sequel to the game that made people buy a bunch of traps would be a great way to kill the game.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#65 Posted: 18:36:28 30/05/2015
Well in TT you can gap logic by having trapped characters fight themselves, so..... It's not THAT far-out of an idea
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#66 Posted: 23:49:09 30/05/2015
Well if the traps are added I hope there is a way to customize them to have their evolved and non evolved version. I miss when my painyatta looked like a rainbow.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#67 Posted: 00:25:56 31/05/2015
Maybe the vehicles are actually like traps.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#68 Posted: 00:34:59 31/05/2015
Quote: mantez

Could you explain it a little bit more?

You mean they "store" something or... They are smaller than we think and more like Magic Items rather than true vehicles?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#69 Posted: 00:51:37 31/05/2015
Quote: Drek95

You mean they "store" something or... They are smaller than we think and more like Magic Items rather than true vehicles?

That is kind of what I mean. I think maybe the vehicle is loaded in a trap like key and you use that in combination with a skylander.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#70 Posted: 07:39:32 31/05/2015

That is kind of what I mean. I think maybe the vehicle is loaded in a trap like key and you use that in combination with a skylander.

In my opinion that would be a smart and unexpected move and would solve a lot of storage/dimensions problem as well as reducing costs.

However I don't think this is likely to happen especially since we'll get a new Portal.
Why would they need it if not to accomodate big vehicles that wouldn't have enough space inside the Traptanium one?

We don't have may clues pointing towards a drastic technolocial change regarding SuperChargers' figures (don't think removing them from the base would require anything different from the tech inside Swappers) so I guess that would be the only motivation.
But we'll see.

I'm starting to think this year Portal may have a large central area where both vehicles and characters can be placed and then smaller side-platforms to put Skylanders on when the main base is hosting a vehicle.
It may also make room for 4 players co-op or even Battle Mode, who knows... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#71 Posted: 08:02:14 31/05/2015

In my opinion that would be a smart and unexpected move and would solve a lot of storage/dimensions problem as well as reducing costs.

However I don't think this is likely to happen especially since we'll get a new Portal.
Why would they need it if not to accomodate big vehicles that wouldn't have enough space inside the Traptanium one?

We don't have may clues pointing towards a drastic technolocial change regarding SuperChargers' figures (don't think removing them from the base would require anything different from the tech inside Swappers) so I guess that would be the only motivation.
But we'll see.

I'm starting to think this year Portal may have a large central area where both vehicles and characters can be placed and then smaller side-platforms to put Skylanders on when the main base is hosting a vehicle.
It may also make room for 4 players co-op or even Battle Mode, who knows... smilie

If That's the case. What use would vehicles have in the future. could this be the start of the flogging the dead horse era?
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#72 Posted: 08:17:28 31/05/2015
Quote: Snap Shot

But we'll see.

If That's the case. What use would vehicles have in the future. could this be the start of the flogging the dead horse era?

I guess they would have the same use they'll have in SuperChargers.
But if traps won't be supported then yes, you may be right.

I like to think V.V. and TfB discuss a lot before deciding a new gimmick/game so that they won't end up screwing the other's plans up.
I imagine they have some sort of plan for future years (remember that TfB is already working on Skylanders 6) that changes accordingly to each choice they make.

After all why would they want to kill their own series so easily?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#73 Posted: 09:43:00 31/05/2015
Quote: Snap Shot

But we'll see.

its the start for sure...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me