darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Introducing SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS!
First | Previous | Page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
Introducing SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#251 Posted: 09:46:24 27/05/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
^ My main man Lemons speaks the truth.

hahaha, glad you're still aroundsmilie

More news by IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/20...mpaign=Blogroll
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:48:27 27/05/2015 by angelg
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#252 Posted: 09:51:36 27/05/2015
Any hour now. I am so excited!
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#253 Posted: 10:56:08 27/05/2015
"More news" as in "we just copied stuff that you found and made a small article".
But having the big sites report them does mean it could be anytime this week if not today or tomorrow.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#254 Posted: 11:46:21 27/05/2015
I would not be surprised at all if they release on Wii. The business model for Skylanders doesn't include DLC, and in fact, DLC works against the business model. All of the content for the game is intended to be on disc, no DLC necessary, so there isn't really any reason not to release on Wii, it's an additional 100 million potential customers.
---
Hail Sithis
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#255 Posted: 11:55:29 27/05/2015
I can't tell if its my wallet...the developer...boredom...or everything else I've got going on IRL, but I literally don't feel a thing right now.

the gimmick doesn't do anything for me on any level yet either, its too far left, just do a new game with new figures and no 'real' gimmick.

sure, it's too soon to say "oh this won't be good" or anything remotely close to that.

I just feel a sense of "I don't care" and its a bit disheartening.
- Unreall
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#256 Posted: 13:33:21 27/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
"More news" as in "we just copied stuff that you found and made a small article".
But having the big sites report them does mean it could be anytime this week if not today or tomorrow.

While those article's news arent new at all it's interesting that IGN's staff will keep itself in contact with Activision now that all these rumors are around.

They might be one of the first to announce something official and concrete.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#257 Posted: 17:01:15 27/05/2015
Wow...We're almost there! So excited. Hard to believe its the fifth game. I'm really hoping for a smaller amount of characters. 32 is getting a little overwhelming. Or I guess 36 now with the new elements...
#258 Posted: 17:16:57 27/05/2015
Quote: LoveProfusion15
Wow...We're almost there! So excited. Hard to believe its the fifth game. I'm really hoping for a smaller amount of characters. 32 is getting a little overwhelming. Or I guess 36 now with the new elements...

As long as they don't get past the 40 unique characters (4 per Element including Light and Dark) I'm fine with it.
The more the better, to me! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:13:17 27/05/2015 by Drek95
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#259 Posted: 19:11:57 27/05/2015
In regards to sales decline, Skylanders at least here, still sells incredibly well. Probably Amiibo is #1, followed by Skylanders...or they are at least tied. I asked EBgames/Gamestop here and they say both are pretty even sales wise. Then Disney Infinity in the final spot. A sales decline does not always mean sales are poor. By those numbers, there is still a TON of profit and still topping the sales charts.

Now as for the vehicle tie-in, if true....if this is the core of the game then I will not be interested whatsoever. This would make it a completely different type of game all together. Now if they add a kart racing element to the game then YES that would be AWESOME as another feature/mode. Lots of fun.

With recently introducing two new elements, I don't think its very wise to change the entire structure of the game.

I'd still love to see Villains figures too.

Maybe Supercharges will end up being just an aspect of the character model? Part creature-part vehicle/machine? That be cool. Like Beast Wars without the transformers aspect.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:42:50 27/05/2015 by TOlofter
LimeLight Green Sparx Gems: 403
#260 Posted: 21:21:21 28/05/2015
I really hope Skylanders 5 isn't a racing game but i guess we will find out on June 3rd
---
Skylanders is SuperCharged!
Here`s my game
Skylanders Guardians is coming... //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=121735
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#261 Posted: 02:02:30 29/05/2015
Quote: TOlofter
In regards to sales decline, Skylanders at least here, still sells incredibly well.

My .02.

First 3 games - 5+ million in starters...Trap Team is at 3.4 ish. So still 1.6 million down. This means (and has been demonstrated) that stock for Trap Team has been plentiful. I'd argue they underestimated the popularity of the traps...because they are gone everywhere I look.

On figure sales--I'd argue all of these fire sales in the first 3 games are helping to "bump" those figure sale counts...I'd venture to say Trap Team sales is down according to starter volume--15% would be a good guess to me.
#262 Posted: 03:10:40 29/05/2015
Perhaps there will be a story mode and kart mode.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#263 Posted: 07:36:35 29/05/2015
Just wondering, maybe this is a stupid question (english is not my mother tongue) but how does the word "Superchargers" fits with vehicles?I mean that term seems to include not only vehicles but other kind of boosters, right?
---
#264 Posted: 07:53:36 29/05/2015
Quote: angelg
Just wondering, maybe this is a stupid question (english is not my mother tongue) but how does the word "Superchargers" fits with vehicles?I mean that term seems to include not only vehicles but other kind of boosters, right?

English is not my first language too but I agree.

"Superchargers" could easily refer to other ways of boosting (maybe temporarily) our characters or even use something like DI power discs.

I guess it is often associate to vehicles because of the "cool factor" many lines of car toys have.
Thing about other words like Megaspeeder or Hyperbooster.
Not that different, uh? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#265 Posted: 12:09:18 29/05/2015
A quick google image search will reveal the link between the name and vehicles:

https://www.google.co.uk/searc...iw=1920&bih=948
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#266 Posted: 12:59:35 29/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: angelg

English is not my first language too but I agree.

"Superchargers" could easily refer to other ways of boosting (maybe temporarily) our characters or even use something like DI power discs.

I guess it is often associate to vehicles because of the "cool factor" many lines of car toys have.
Thing about other words like Megaspeeder or Hyperbooster.
Not that different, uh? smilie

Yeah, unconsciously when I first read "Supercharger" I linked to vehicles. I think this was because of the influence of the car's industry since they have been using this kind of "Super/mega /giga-technology stuff that I don't understand" terms for it's adverts.

So yeah, it seems a supercharger is an air compressor used in some cars and airplanes. I guess my hopes for other kind of boostings have just got down a bit.
---
#267 Posted: 13:21:13 29/05/2015
Could be.
I actually didn't knew that engine part.

I guess "Superchargers" is less unlikely now but I'm still doubting it.
Just like I doubted Trap Team's name untile the last second before the reveal. smilie

However... I don't know it seems all too suspicious to me.
The first "leaked" character for this game had some sort of engine on the base.
That immediately made us think all the new Gimmicklanders (I don't think he's a Core) will be related to vehicles in some way.

But, think about it this way:
could you imagine what would have happened if Tread Head happened to be the first leaked Skylander for Trap Team...? smilie

I still believe they want us to think that so they will truly blow us away when they'll reveal the true innovation.
An engine on the base of the only known Skylander (which sorry but don't believe was leaked), a name that immediately recalls vehicles, lot of rumors...
We'll see in 4 days.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#268 Posted: 13:26:19 29/05/2015
I also think that Activision might be trolling and creating a hype that way. It makes sense that they'd want to flabbergast their audience with something unsuspected and exciting.

But...they might as well just go for the obvious smilie
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#269 Posted: 13:49:48 29/05/2015
Quote: ultyzaus
I also think that Activision might be trolling and creating a hype that way. It makes sense that they'd want to flabbergast their audience with something unsuspected and exciting.

But...they might as well just go for the obvious smilie

As much as I prefer TfB's approach, let's not forget we are talking about V.V.

They hands down created the best gimmick, technically speaking, so far.
I'm confident they wouldn't go with something so obvious. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#270 Posted: 17:37:52 29/05/2015
Here's to hoping that "SuperCharge" is in reference to "character add-ons to boost stats"
- Unreall
Captainfishlip Green Sparx Gems: 415
#271 Posted: 17:50:53 29/05/2015
Why does everyone assume if it has vehicles it will automatically make it a racing game? What I think if its vehicles that there will be racing spots in a level which could be like Mario Kart then when you use them outside of races the characters ride around in them and the vehicle will use different weapons. Maybe there will also be special Skylanders that get boosts if they ride in certain vehicles. And also who said it only had to be cars? They could have jets, helicopters, and even flying boats! if they go for this approach I'm down for it.
---
SA 31/32 SG 16/16 SF 27/32 TT 30/52 SC 9/20 SCV 3/20 SI 3/31
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#272 Posted: 19:16:18 29/05/2015
Quote: Captainfishlip
Why does everyone assume if it has vehicles it will automatically make it a racing game? What I think if its vehicles that there will be racing spots in a level which could be like Mario Kart then when you use them outside of races the characters ride around in them and the vehicle will use different weapons. Maybe there will also be special Skylanders that get boosts if they ride in certain vehicles. And also who said it only had to be cars? They could have jets, helicopters, and even flying boats! if they go for this approach I'm down for it.

5 days now... then we know.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#273 Posted: 19:20:33 29/05/2015
Didn't you guys know that Trap Team is a racing game because of Tread Head? True facts!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#274 Posted: 19:36:19 29/05/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Didn't you guys know that Trap Team is a racing game because of Tread Head? True facts!

Just like SWAP Force hinted at next year's gimmick with Trap Shadow. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#275 Posted: 19:40:15 29/05/2015
I'm late to this discussion, but I'd be willing to bet that if the name is in fact Superchargers, that it will be gimmick characters that buff / super-charge / grant extra abilities to other characters / players they are playing with. Not vehicles.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:11 29/05/2015 by samuraituretsky
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#276 Posted: 19:46:36 29/05/2015
Quote: samuraituretsky
I'm late to this discussion, but I'd be willing to bet that if the name is in fact Superchargers, that it will be gimmick characters that buff / super-charge / grant extra abilities to other characters / players they are playing with. Not vehicles.

Not a bad theory. I have a feeling the game's concept used to be the fourth unused title that was found during SF's reveal (Super Force, since Kaos Alliance and Nano Force became TT), so it could relate to super abilities.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:12 29/05/2015 by Bifrost
#277 Posted: 21:55:59 29/05/2015
Quote: samuraituretsky

A similar idea was floating around waaaay before we knew anything about Skylanders 5.
I would LOVE it.

Thanks for bringing back that speculation! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#278 Posted: 23:21:02 29/05/2015
Yeah I'm thinking there'll be higher priced characters called the superchargers who have supercharged abilities which have increased damage for a limited time. Then the usual cores and hopefully new minis except with wow POWs. My thought was that if vehicles were in the game then all supercharge figures have transport that will allow them to move faster and attack faster than other characters. They could also transform into veichles.
List of possibilities and what I'd like to see:

Possibilities: Let me know which you'd guys prefer!

1. Game based with normal action we've come to love in skylanders.
20 Supercharger Skylander figures (Have higher speed, damage and transform into vehicles after charging up, similar to villain usage refill.)
smilie 20 All new core Skylanders (including Crash Bandicoot! smilie )
smilie 20 Minis (Improved with new wow pow's and can access new smaller areas exclusive to them such as a small hole or cave.)
smilie 2 Battle Packs - (2 new cores, Battle Piece to unlock new PVP levels if they're to return. )
2 Adventure Packs - (Includes new levels for campaign along with a new character and 2 power up pieces.)
smilie 1 New Villain per level - (Including new DOOM Raiders on Boss only levels)

2. Racing Game with fighting mechanics included! (Online co-op and PVP included)
20 Supercharger Skylander figures (Used to race in matches)
smilie 10 New Cores
smilie 2 Reposes (Tread Head, Rocky Roll) Usable in racing as well!)
smilie 2 Battle Packs (2 new cores, Battle Piece to unlock new PVP levels if they're to return. )
2 Racer Packs ( Includes new tracks & levels to race on, one with a light and another with a dark Supercharger figure, Race Track Piece & 1 new Power Up)
smilie Bonus Mini Modes - Called Skylanders Baatle Flag (Allows players to use all old characters including villains!!! - Battle Mode, Brock's Arena, Kao's DOOM Challenges & new side missions included)

3. Something Else

What I'd like to See: (Or some anyway)
Cores
Supercharge Figures
New Giants, Trappers, Swappers, Lightcores
2 More new elements (Space, Toxic, Gas, ? )
Or Continuation of Light & Dark Elements
PVP Battle Mode, Side Missions, Survival, Kaos DOOM Challenge, Brocks Arena
Time Attack/ Score Mode from Swap Force
Racing, Action Genre
Minis
smilie Reposes (Double Trouble is a must)
smilie Expand on Jade, Enchanted Variants as well as Legendary, Dark & Nitro. Royal Double Trouble remade and new Royalty variant set would be epic!!!!!
smilie Royalty Starter Pack - Calling it now!
All previous toys compatible and support for villains.

The list could go on forever but i'll stop it there.

Let me know what you guys think and what you'd prefer, we'll be finding out in a few days do it'll be interesting to see the outcome of what they've been working on. No matter which they do, some will be disappointed and others will be more hyped than before.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:29 30/05/2015 by ImDoubleTrouble
#279 Posted: 00:03:07 30/05/2015
I think that the key for good Gimmicklanders is making them stand out among all the other characters for certain unique abilities they all share.
I know it sounds obvious but it might not be that obvious.

Giants can crush small enemies simply by walking and no other character can do it (Rocky Roll can smash things when moving but it's not the same).
Swappers can swap. Nothing more to say.
Trap Masters deal extra damage to trappable villains.

I know they can all also unlock special areas/rewards but that's not what I'm talking about here.

Characters able to be charged up would be a cool concept but in the end nothing we haven't seen before (Wind-Up, Fryno, Jawbreaker) and nothing that a Core couldn't do.
Vehicles would be something truly unique but I'm still skeptical about them.

If they decide to make gimmick figures then they should make them TRULY unique.
That's why I think Trap Masters could end up being an "half baked" gimmick.
Take the trappable villains out and what do you have...?
A big and strong Core with transparent wepons.

Now, characters that actively boost other characters would be something truly innovative (I know Whirlwind can heal but it's something you need to use constantly for it to be effective, while these would be long term buffs), or even characters that can be "powered up" in some physical way the Cores can't.

Give us something we have never seen before and never will again.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#280 Posted: 00:53:46 30/05/2015
Also, if they are doing online stuff for the first time with this next one, it would make a lot of sense for the Superchargers to buff / boost and play off of other characters you're playing with. What if they added online multiplayer AND 4-player local co-op? That would be awesome, especially with the different synergies the Superchargers might have. I'm getting too excited now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:08:08 30/05/2015 by samuraituretsky
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#281 Posted: 04:39:01 30/05/2015
I found this....http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb...s+superchargers
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#282 Posted: 04:46:33 30/05/2015
Hm.

"Gameplay content, features, and functionality will differ for Wii and 3DS platforms. Details to be announced."
#283 Posted: 06:19:25 30/05/2015
Oh. I guess I was wrong. There are vehicles. Not as excited now.
---
#284 Posted: 07:09:57 30/05/2015
Ok, I just woke up so I might not be that lucid yet but wanted to share my first impressions since this is most likely an actual "leak".

Vehicles:... Eeeeh.
Not that convinced it will be a good gimmick but we'll see.

Plot: just curious, am I allowed to post here a link to an idea about the fifth game I had a lot of time ago...?
Because it shares quite some details with this one.
Which sounds cool.
I still don't understand how much they want to focus on vehicles but I guess two main modes "Story" and "Karting/Battling" aren't that likely since the plot gives a lot of importance to that part.
This also makes me think about an open world map.
A lot.

They wrote "under water".
They really did it.
That single line excited me more than the whole leak.

Starter Pack: a new Portal...? Ok, I guess it's needed for the vehicles.
But... REALLY?
Only one new Skylander and a repose...?
Huge step backwards (unless they actually meant "2 SuperChargers" which are unknown yet, and then Spitfire and S4 Stealth Elf, that would be awesome) but I'll wait and see how many brand new characters they will create this time.
Still hoping Spitfire is the leaked Fire character.

That line about Wii and 3DS also makes me hope about some strong extra features this time (online, maybe?).

Overall... HYPED AS HELL.
I literally jumped out of my bed when I saw the new main topic.
Can't wait for Wednesday (whe should also see that Spitfire in action since he's in the Starter Pack)... With a bit of fear... But definitely can't wait! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:12:42 30/05/2015 by Drek95
jyes123 Green Sparx Gems: 149
#285 Posted: 07:49:16 30/05/2015
Guys, Amazon has released what the starter pack will have. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw95GLiZVFA
So, I guess the next skylanders is about vehicles and it is called Skylanders SuperChargers.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#286 Posted: 07:51:40 30/05/2015
Here is the Amazon links to the SuperChargers console pages -

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb...s+superchargers
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#287 Posted: 08:05:30 31/05/2015
The links been taken down now whoops
---
First | Previous | Page 6 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me