Page 1 of 1
Least Favorite Villains?
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#1 Posted: 18:35:14 21/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I always see people around here talk about their favorite villains to play as, but I could never really figure out which villain is the least favorite among the community. My least favorite villain is a tie between Chill Bill and Slobber Trap (no wonder water traps aren't selling). I know that they are both technical characters, but I could never find a use for any of them. What are your least favorites?
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#2 Posted: 18:47:57 21/05/2015
I like Chill Bill simply for his personality and the DJ radio show he does each level. My least favorite villain though, is probably Grinnade. Though, I'm not very fond of the villains at all. It almost feels like Villains came to be a gimmick because they had lots of ideas for potential Skylanders that they just didn't feel like rounding out.

I think my favorite villain is Blastertron. "Transition to game!"
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 19:18:40 21/05/2015
Some of them definately scream 'Skylander idea but not enough attacks', but some just don't have even that as an excuse. Chill Bill has some saving grace because he's great as support, but I can't say the same for Slobber Trap - he's to unreliable even in what he does best,and he gets hit so easily I'm better off sticking a Crown of Light on someone and hoping for armor parries.
Chomp Chest also loses all of his charms once you have more than enough gold for everything. His only move then is something that'll most likely throw you into an opponents' open arms than actually kill anything. Even to move a little faster it's kind of unwieldy.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 19:35:38 21/05/2015
Eye Scream. She just flat out suuuuucks.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 19:36:23 21/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Some of them definately scream 'Skylander idea but not enough attacks'

which ones?
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#6 Posted: 19:38:09 21/05/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Eye Scream. She just flat out suuuuucks.

This.She was boring
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#7 Posted: 19:40:44 21/05/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

which ones?

Brawl and Chain, Hood Sickle, Wolfgang(he more lacked a combo or charged attack instead of a third one in this case) and Mab Lobs. They just have that finished and ambiguous feel, like they've been around for longer than we think, while the others have a villain vibe from the very basics of their design and poses.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:44:19 21/05/2015 by Bifrost
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#8 Posted: 21:54:54 21/05/2015
Slobber Trap.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#9 Posted: 22:05:43 21/05/2015
Slobber Trap, Brawlus, and Sheep Creep,

There's not really any villains I dislike, I just think they're ... meh
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#10 Posted: 00:48:18 22/05/2015
Lob Goblin... he's just boring to me...
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#11 Posted: 00:50:24 22/05/2015
Brocoli guy leaves a bad taste in my mouth *shot
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#12 Posted: 03:37:54 22/05/2015
Activision - although the budget breaker and wallet attacks are pretty powerful.
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#13 Posted: 18:56:50 24/05/2015
8. Rage Mage: His power and speed increases can be helpful, I'll acknowledge that, but it takes too long to cast. His attacks aren't that strong either.

7. Luminous: For me, this is one of those 'I can't make this work' guys. His prism that spins light around is pretty neat, but I can't stand with his Attack 1 how he starts out shooting light in front of him from his arms... but then he moves them to his sides! The beams of light do fair damage, but because he moves them to an angle where enemies generally never approach from, it wrecks the attack. The attack where he drops the prism from above is cool too, but slows him down too much.

6. Shield Shredder: Same as Luminous. The buzz saw blades he sticks in the ground can be a good defense, but his damage output is waaay too low, and as a close range fighter, he can't take advantage of the buzz saw blades himself.

5. Brawlrus: His damage output is way to low and his cannon attacks are super slow too. Good combination for getting swarmed.

4. Chomp Chest: Chomp Chest's lack of attacks limits him too much. His charge attack doesn't do that much damage and, like Bifrost said, tends to result in him getting hit.

3. Masker Mind: Since most of Masker Mind's powers come from possessing an enemy (and not all of them can be possessed), he tends to struggle. His attacks aren't very strong either and the average enemy has slower attack speed than Masker Mind or a Skylander, which means they won't hit as often as a character you control while they're possessed, and therefore aren't as efficient.

2. Krankenstein: I absolutely loathe this guy! His attacks are way too slow, they don't do enough damage and he's a ridiculously easy target. His attacks are about as bad as they come. Yup, better complete his quest in Chapter 14 and get him back in the villain vault ASAP.

1. *Drum roll*... Slobber Trap!

Slobber Trap's saliva trails seem like they should help when they slow enemies, but the trails themselves are practically paper thin, so enemies tend to stay slow for a second and then go back to normal speed. His body slam attack also isn't strong enough to outweigh the downside of how it leaves him open and virtually always results in him getting hit. If Slobber Trap made wider saliva trails and had a ranged attack, he might have been a more viable choice, but as one can see, that didn't work out. Oh well.
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#14 Posted: 00:57:52 25/05/2015
Krankenstein, Slobber Trap, Rage Mage, Mab Lobs, Chompy, Bone Chompy, Tussel Sprout, Grinnade, Eye Five and Fisticuffs/Eye Scream
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#15 Posted: 02:05:26 25/05/2015
Quote: Sworn2Skylands
8. Rage Mage: His power and speed increases can be helpful, I'll acknowledge that, but it takes too long to cast. His attacks aren't that strong either.

7. Luminous: For me, this is one of those 'I can't make this work' guys. His prism that spins light around is pretty neat, but I can't stand with his Attack 1 how he starts out shooting light in front of him from his arms... but then he moves them to his sides! The beams of light do fair damage, but because he moves them to an angle where enemies generally never approach from, it wrecks the attack. The attack where he drops the prism from above is cool too, but slows him down too much.

6. Shield Shredder: Same as Luminous. The buzz saw blades he sticks in the ground can be a good defense, but his damage output is waaay too low, and as a close range fighter, he can't take advantage of the buzz saw blades himself.

5. Brawlrus: His damage output is way to low and his cannon attacks are super slow too. Good combination for getting swarmed.

4. Chomp Chest: Chomp Chest's lack of attacks limits him too much. His charge attack doesn't do that much damage and, like Bifrost said, tends to result in him getting hit.

3. Masker Mind: Since most of Masker Mind's powers come from possessing an enemy (and not all of them can be possessed), he tends to struggle. His attacks aren't very strong either and the average enemy has slower attack speed than Masker Mind or a Skylander, which means they won't hit as often as a character you control while they're possessed, and therefore aren't as efficient.

2. Krankenstein: I absolutely loathe this guy! His attacks are way too slow, they don't do enough damage and he's a ridiculously easy target. His attacks are about as bad as they come. Yup, better complete his quest in Chapter 14 and get him back in the villain vault ASAP.

1. *Drum roll*... Slobber Trap!

Slobber Trap's saliva trails seem like they should help when they slow enemies, but the trails themselves are practically paper thin, so enemies tend to stay slow for a second and then go back to normal speed. His body slam attack also isn't strong enough to outweigh the downside of how it leaves him open and virtually always results in him getting hit. If Slobber Trap made wider saliva trails and had a ranged attack, he might have been a more viable choice, but as one can see, that didn't work out. Oh well.

You've outlined for me that easily 30% of the villains are of the "filler type". Surprised Chompy or Bone Chompy didn't make it on the list. There's so many mediocre villains, that it REALLY doesn't help with gameplay fun or expansion.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#16 Posted: 02:41:50 25/05/2015
They are all my precious babies.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#17 Posted: 08:41:21 25/05/2015
Well, in Bone Chompy and Chompy's cases, what you're expecting from a creature that otherwise dies in one hit. They're there for a cameo as playable more than having actual use. Same as Sheep Creep, which is there just to introduce you to the mechanics. The rest,however,have no excuse.
---
CyberTails Green Sparx Gems: 484
#18 Posted: 22:51:35 01/06/2015
Slobber Trap, Bomb Shell and Gulper for me

* Slobber Trap's just too slow and not fun to play as
* Bomb Shell's just not my style of Villain Playing
* Gulper is too UGLY!
---
My Giants smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#19 Posted: 23:13:02 01/06/2015
Eye Scream, didn't live up to my expectations
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#20 Posted: 23:43:50 01/06/2015
Top Ten Least Favorite Villains:

1. Rage Mage
  2. Brawlrus
  3. Tussle Sprout
  4. Buzzer Beak
  5. Krankenstein
  6. Slobber Trap
  7. Sheep Creep
  8. Masker Mind
  9. Lob Goblin
  10. Eye Scream
Scraps Red Sparx Gems: 52
#21 Posted: 06:11:38 03/06/2015
Broccoli Guy. Just seems like an example of running out of ideas.
#22 Posted: 12:42:27 03/06/2015
Why everyone just throws that expression around like it's the end-all "this character is bad"? You're running out of ideas when you start to reuse things blatantly,not when you do something so ridiculous that it's funny.You liking it or not it's still a new idea.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:43:10 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me