darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 8 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#351 Posted: 18:55:08 30/05/2015
I wonder if the vehicles are elementally aligned.....

Hot sTreak sounds like a fire vehicle but it could be referring to speed.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:12 30/05/2015 by Medicus
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#352 Posted: 19:21:36 30/05/2015
Quote: Medicus
I wonder if the vehicles are elementally aligned.....

Hot sTreak sounds like a fire vehicle but it could be referring to speed.

I'm going to guess yes they are.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#353 Posted: 20:08:33 30/05/2015
I'm wondering if the vehicles are aligned with the terrain - "land... sea... sky..."
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#354 Posted: 20:31:32 30/05/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I'm wondering if the vehicles are aligned with the terrain - "land... sea... sky..."

10 Land, 10 Sea, and 10 Sky vehicles? That'd be pricy.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Spyro557 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3796
#355 Posted: 21:03:28 30/05/2015
I'm guessing there will be cars for land, submarines for water and helicopters for air.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#356 Posted: 21:57:15 30/05/2015
Mabe there's even more, for example underground or ice...
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#357 Posted: 22:05:54 30/05/2015
If they're anything like the SWAP abilities, I imagine there'll be about 8 different kinds of vehicles; land, sea, air, ice, underground, walls, teleportation and...can't think of any more.
#358 Posted: 22:10:06 30/05/2015
Perhaps that's wha the butten was for on the leaked figure. It may have different symbols depending on the type of vehicle it works with.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#359 Posted: 23:30:22 30/05/2015
Quote: alicecarp
If they're anything like the SWAP abilities, I imagine there'll be about 8 different kinds of vehicles; land, sea, air, ice, underground, walls, teleportation and...can't think of any more.

What about space?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#360 Posted: 23:48:11 30/05/2015
previous post removed,edited so no one thinks I might be talking about the post above.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:15 30/05/2015 by Bifrost
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#361 Posted: 23:51:33 30/05/2015
Guys, what if the Superchargers and vehicles can mix? Like what if Spitfire can ride the second fire Supercharger's vehicle and vice-verse? Also, what if Spitfire can ride a water Supercharger's vehicle and vice-versa?

Wonder what SuperShot Stealth Elf looks like.......
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
Couragefan09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3392
#362 Posted: 01:29:59 31/05/2015
Eh, well here's my largely unimportant opinion on what we know so far:

This will probably be the first game where I seriously cut down on my Skylander collecting. Vehicles just don't interest me all that much, but I'll have to see what the gameplay looks like first. I'm probably just going to buy a few characters that interest me and that's it. It all comes down to how good the gameplay is. I'm not particularly thrilled that we're getting another Stealth Elf in the starter pack either so unless they come out with a fairly interesting dark starter pack or if this new Stealth Elf is significantly revamped, I think I'll hold off on buying the game itself until it goes down in price. The thing that will make or break me on the vehicles will be the traps, ironically enough. If the traps are not compatible with the new game then I'm not touching any vehicles with a ten foot pole because the only thing this indicates to me is that they're not interested in keeping the 'gimmicks' compatible with the new games anymore and it's just as likely that the vehicles are going to become useless in Sky6. I won't keep spending a ton of money on the gimmicks if they aren't going to be useful going forward. On the other hand, if the vehicles turn out to have interesting and varied gameplay, as the info we have seems to suggest, I might just pick up a few. If it turns out that they're going to be regulated to Swap Zone like areas only, then my interest in them is going to fall to zero just as much as potential non-compatibility will be.
#363 Posted: 02:05:20 31/05/2015
YOU STINK!

No, I'm just joking. I respect your opinion, and I think everyone here should do that, too. smilie
---
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#364 Posted: 04:25:32 31/05/2015
If I understand it right Stealth Elf will be a SuperCharger too. What's would mean that it will give no special gimmicklanders. The question is for what we'll need the vehicles?

I would like the idea that the levels are much more open and that it will give special areas that we only can use or reach with them (a isle in a sea of lava, underwater caves, areas behind minefields, other flying isles, etc.) and that it will give special types of vehicles like the swap zone abilitys.

Nothing against the swap zones, but I think that nobody want's a new variant of them. And to move faster through the levels from A to B or the hub world would be a little to unimaginative.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#365 Posted: 04:32:59 31/05/2015
Quote: Jeriba
If I understand it right Stealth Elf will be a SuperCharger too. What's would mean that it will give no special gimmicklanders. The question is for what we'll need the vehicles?

I would like the idea that the levels are much more open and that it will give special areas that we only can use or reach with them (a isle in a sea of lava, underwater caves, areas behind minefields, other flying isles, etc.) and that it will give special types of vehicles like the swap zone abilitys.

Nothing against the swap zones, but I think that nobody want's a new variant of them. And to move faster through the levels from A to B or the hub world would be a little to unimaginative.

Well, it did say that Stealth Elf was a supercharger too, but I think they just made a mistake.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#366 Posted: 04:56:23 31/05/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Quote: Jeriba

Well, it did say that Stealth Elf was a supercharger too, but I think they just made a mistake.

I agree, I believe it was a mistake. As in 2 Supercharger figures, not Supercharger skylanders.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#367 Posted: 07:00:16 31/05/2015
Quote: Couragefan09

This will probably be the first game where I seriously cut down on my Skylander collecting. Vehicles just don't interest me all that much, but I'll have to see what the gameplay looks like first. I'm probably just going to buy a few characters that interest me and that's it. It all comes down to how good the gameplay is. I'm not particularly thrilled that we're getting another Stealth Elf in the starter pack either so unless they come out with a fairly interesting dark starter pack or if this new Stealth Elf is significantly revamped, I think I'll hold off on buying the game itself until it goes down in price. The thing that will make or break me on the vehicles will be the traps, ironically enough. If the traps are not compatible with the new game then I'm not touching any vehicles with a ten foot pole because the only thing this indicates to me is that they're not interested in keeping the 'gimmicks' compatible with the new games anymore and it's just as likely that the vehicles are going to become useless in Sky6. I won't keep spending a ton of money on the gimmicks if they aren't going to be useful going forward. On the other hand, if the vehicles turn out to have interesting and varied gameplay, as the info we have seems to suggest, I might just pick up a few. If it turns out that they're going to be regulated to Swap Zone like areas only, then my interest in them is going to fall to zero just as much as potential non-compatibility will be.

I completely agree with the majority of what you said, particularly the part regarding traps.
I am confident they will work however I was really interested in buying at least 2 per Element with Trap Team.
Can't say the same about vehicles but as you said we still don't know enough to judge.

However I will most likely buy all the new characters no matter what because that's the core of the series and so far I have never been disappointed.
I'm sure they won't ditch the main gameplay in favor of a karting-centric game so I'm really, really curious to see how they will deal with vehicles.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#368 Posted: 07:04:48 31/05/2015
Ok, VV just created a MAJOR plothole. Traptanium is the most powerful force is skylands, yet Kaos is still free after he turned good?! They said the games would pick off where the previous ones left off. I'm gonna wanna see some more of the game before I make too many assumptions though... I may skip out on this one on day 1 and wait a bit longer...
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#369 Posted: 09:35:30 31/05/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Ok, VV just created a MAJOR plothole. Traptanium is the most powerful force is skylands, yet Kaos is still free after he turned good?! They said the games would pick off where the previous ones left off. I'm gonna wanna see some more of the game before I make too many assumptions though... I may skip out on this one on day 1 and wait a bit longer...

if you wait some of the first wave may be very hard to get later, like we experienced with wallop...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#370 Posted: 11:05:22 31/05/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan

It think it's a Kaos from another dimension. The comic IS called Rift Into Overdrive.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#371 Posted: 12:47:38 31/05/2015
Another portal means another starter pack, which means more money. Plus, 2 gimmicks again. I don't think I can afford to play this game this time.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#372 Posted: 13:06:12 31/05/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
Another portal means another starter pack, which means more money. Plus, 2 gimmicks again. I don't think I can afford to play this game this time.

What's the other gimmick besides vehicles?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#373 Posted: 13:08:07 31/05/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

The Superchargerrs (I think). The only thing I know about this game is what's on the first post of this topic, and I assume that Superchargers are another gimmick. I could be wrong though.
#374 Posted: 13:10:28 31/05/2015

The Superchargerrs (I think). The only thing I know about this game is what's on the first post of this topic, and I assume that Superchargers are another gimmick. I could be wrong though.

Super Chargers are likely with the vehicles, like how the Trap Masters are with the traps.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#375 Posted: 13:27:08 31/05/2015

Super Chargers are likely with the vehicles, like how the Trap Masters are with the traps.

But still, they come in 2 different packages, making it 2 different gimmicks, and 2 different purchases.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#376 Posted: 13:31:24 31/05/2015
Quote: Couragefan09

This is my exact opinion. I mean, out of all the things they choose, it's vehicles? A majority of the characters I get for this game are most likely going to be cores.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:34:01 31/05/2015 by Swap Force Fan
#377 Posted: 13:53:33 31/05/2015

But still, they come in 2 different packages, making it 2 different gimmicks, and 2 different purchases.

Eh I guess you make a good point. But they (likely) function together and not separate.
---
#378 Posted: 14:11:43 31/05/2015
I know this was said a long time ago, but what they mean by two Supercharger Skylanders in the Starter Pack, they mean two characters from the game, not from the roster. Just to clear that up.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#379 Posted: 15:48:29 31/05/2015
Damn you are right about the vehicles on one hand and the superchargers on the other, I thought those were the same.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#380 Posted: 18:31:10 31/05/2015
Maybe these so-called "superchargers" can get some kind of super-buffed mode or its a use for "hot steak" the super steak car of DOOOM!
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:30:52 31/05/2015 by TTD
SREDNALYKS Green Sparx Gems: 361
#381 Posted: 19:23:55 31/05/2015
I don't know if anybody's said this but I'm fairly confident that Spitfire is a core character
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#382 Posted: 19:27:34 31/05/2015
Quote: SREDNALYKS
I don't know if anybody's said this but I'm fairly confident that Spitfire is a core character

i think hes a super charger I mean hes fairly big and looks different from regular fire cores
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#383 Posted: 19:36:17 31/05/2015
theory- there is no gimmick characters, only the vehicles... They could make it so all CORES could use the vehicles, thus making people happy.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#384 Posted: 20:25:17 31/05/2015
Quote: blackout3000

i think hes a super charger I mean hes fairly big and looks different from regular fire cores

You've seen him/her?
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#385 Posted: 20:46:35 31/05/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley

You've seen him/her?

Guessing that he is basing Spitfire off of the prototype.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#386 Posted: 20:50:00 31/05/2015

It's not the size nor the design that intrigues me... It's that "engine" on the base.
It looks odd and not only from an aesthetic point of view.
Look at the pictures of the base: there is something between that engine and the base of the figure itself.

It almost looks detachable to me.

Would love of all these speculations were wrong as I don't like this idea that much. smilie

Quote: ZapNorris
theory- there is no gimmick characters, only the vehicles... They could make it so all CORES could use the vehicles, thus making people happy.

Unlikely, basing on the informations we got so far but would love it.
More Cores, no Gimmicklanders and yet a "side" gimmick!

All for it!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#387 Posted: 21:23:03 31/05/2015
Maybe Spitfire is a core and hot steak is the gimmick-lander. You know, because it's a super charger?
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
#388 Posted: 21:47:17 31/05/2015
Quote: superhalite
Maybe Spitfire is a core and hot steak is the gimmick-lander. You know, because it's a super charger?

No, that Amazon link clearly stated that Spitfire is the SuperCharger and Hot Steak is the vehicle.
---
#389 Posted: 23:27:11 31/05/2015
Quote: SodaPopHD

No, that Amazon link clearly stated that Spitfire is the SuperCharger and Hot Steak is the vehicle.

Hot Steak is indeed the name of the vehicle but that description is rather ambiguos about the nature of the Starter Pack characters.

It says they are both SuperChargers figures... But one could say both Tree Rex and Pop Fizz are actually Giants figures.
I personally think they are using that term both to describe Spitfire's gimmick and to indicate Super Shot Stealth Elf's "series" since she belongs to this game.

But Spitfire could very easily be a Core as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:03:54 01/06/2015 by Drek95
#390 Posted: 23:50:12 31/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: SodaPopHD

Hot Steak is indeed the name of the vehicle but that description is rather ambiguos about the nature of the Starter Pack characters.

It says they are both SuperChargers figures... But one could say both Tree Rex and Pop Fizz are actually Giants figures.
I personally think they are using that term both to describe Spitfire's gimmick and to indicate Super Shot Stealthy Elf's "series" since she belongs to this game.

But Spitfire could very easily be a Core as well.

No Giant figures implies a giant sized figure, but Skylanders Giants figure implies a figure from SG. We'll know on Wednesday for sure though.
---
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#391 Posted: 02:24:58 01/06/2015
The description also says "One new portal of power", does this mean that we are also getting a whole new portal? If it does, I can see a lot of upset people especially if it doesn't support traps.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#392 Posted: 02:27:25 01/06/2015
Yes we are getting a new portal.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#393 Posted: 02:30:43 01/06/2015
Quote: Aura24

Everyone should give up hope on a portal owners pack.New portal+no portal owners pack=More money
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#394 Posted: 02:42:16 01/06/2015

Actually it isn't confirmed to be new. New could just mean a new included one, not a newly created one. I mean, more than likely it is an entirely different portal but we can't say for sure.
---
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#395 Posted: 02:46:46 01/06/2015
I just hope that traps will work on the new portal.
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#396 Posted: 03:00:03 01/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Actually it isn't confirmed to be new. New could just mean a new included one, not a newly created one. I mean, more than likely it is an entirely different portal but we can't say for sure.

Proof? Otherwise, we wait until reveal to decide whether or not we are getting a new portal. Even though the content details already stated it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:30:46 01/06/2015 by Aura24
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#397 Posted: 03:32:58 01/06/2015
One game out of 4 didn't force a portal purchase. They've gone on record stating each new game will include a portal. It's pretty much a done deal in my head. Starter is the best value anyway with game + portal + figures, esp black friday prices.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:33:25 01/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#398 Posted: 04:25:21 01/06/2015
The thing I don't get is why does it matter if it's a new portal or a Portal owners pack? Like.. it's free when you do the math. $75 is for the game and a gimmick character. Everything else is free. At least in terms of US pricing. Got a stack of all the old portals? Throw them away. The whole "they just take up space is stupid because you can use the new portals in the games that come before it. At least that was the case with the one packed with Swap Force. Worked in both Spyro's Adventure and Giants. So I presume the same is true for the Trap Team portal. I literally see no problem with there being a new portal every game.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#399 Posted: 04:32:38 01/06/2015
Don't throw them away. Mail 'em to me. I can have the world record for the most portals. ;)
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#400 Posted: 05:00:13 01/06/2015
I just hope that we are able to play as the characters themselves, like in the past, as well as placing them inside the vehicles to ride around in the levels. However, being able to play as all past characters in the vehicles as well would be an incredibly awesome addition and would definitely make the fans happy with the backwards compatibility issue. Maybe traps will work in conjunction with this new gimmick?
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
First | Previous | Page 8 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me