First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders 5 toy prototypes?
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#151 Posted: 01:35:21 18/05/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Quote: AdamGregory03

Well, I mean, there is some evidence. He does sort of look like a Steampunk'd Fire Kraken, just without legs.

hype hype hype

Just kidding. I really hope there's another leak though. Or the official reveal.

Well, they said June 3rd or earlier, so we may get the official reveal soon.

Though the June 3rd thing may just be a typo or something
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#152 Posted: 01:37:49 18/05/2015
Loving the look....hoping for an awesome game with a new twist to enjoy!!!
SklanderAddict Green Sparx Gems: 156
#153 Posted: 14:58:20 18/05/2015
Hi guys I just wanted to clear up a few things since once these stories get into circulation the truth gets lost a little.
What happened was a guy in Mexico that sells Rubik's cubes placed an order from china. He later received a package from the US with no return address or info as to where the box came from except the US. The box had 3 of these figures in it.
In the picture of all 3 one does look smaller however he claims they are all identical.
He does not know about Skylanders and asked a friend about them and he made a post in a Skylander Facebook group asking if it was a skylander.
It stirred a lot of excitement as you can imagine especially with it having 2015 on the base.
Since neither of these two play Skylanders they were not able to test it on a portal.
The gentleman sold all 3.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#154 Posted: 15:57:39 18/05/2015
where did he sell it? (local, amazon, ebay, etc)
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#155 Posted: 16:12:20 18/05/2015
Through the Facebook group. It's been put on a portal now. It does not register. Shows the message if you would put a swap force figure on a portal for the giants game. Same exact message.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#156 Posted: 16:14:10 18/05/2015
Quote: SklanderAddict
Hi guys I just wanted to clear up a few things since once these stories get into circulation the truth gets lost a little.
What happened was a guy in Mexico that sells Rubik's cubes placed an order from china. He later received a package from the US with no return address or info as to where the box came from except the US. The box had 3 of these figures in it.
In the picture of all 3 one does look smaller however he claims they are all identical.
He does not know about Skylanders and asked a friend about them and he made a post in a Skylander Facebook group asking if it was a skylander.
It stirred a lot of excitement as you can imagine especially with it having 2015 on the base.
Since neither of these two play Skylanders they were not able to test it on a portal.

Sounds exactly like what I read in the original post. There's absolutely no correlation between a Rubik Cube seller buying something from China and receiving a package from the US. Unless you know something we don't. Are you saying this "Rubik Cube" seller never got the order for his cubes? smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:07:22 19/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#157 Posted: 16:35:21 18/05/2015
Through the Facebook group. It's been put on a portal now. It does not register. Shows the message if you would put a swap force figure on a portal for the giants game. Same exact message.

I find that interesting. This story is getting more and more far fetched that this is real, but I still think that something is up for sure.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#158 Posted: 16:36:51 18/05/2015
I flat out don't believe this story.

About the address: "Due to heightened security concerns, the U.S. Postal Service recommends a complete return address on all mailpieces." "Recommends" here means you have to put up a fight at the post office to not do this. Also, "In addition, a return address is required for mailpieces bearing a customs form under 123.7." http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc1_008.htm#ep1040417 There is no way that would have been sent without a customs form which requires one to put an address on the box.

But let's say whoever sent the box was able to do so without an address. Now days all packages USA to Mexico has a tracking number placed on them for "free" with airmail. There is no way to send a package without it being tracked in some form. With the number on the box you can search online to see where it came from and on which date. From there you could even call the appropriate post office and ask them what address was put on the customs forms. They keep those on site for at least 30 days. Also, there is no way you could print postage online without a return address, so in theory you would have to buy postage in person to send the package.

That's assuming they even used the USPS, which most companies won't do as they don't really pick up packages from the office place. If a company had sent this, they would have used a special currier and avoided the USPS entirely. There is no way you can send a vanilla box though one of those. The companies knows exactly who had sent it as they have to bill the company for the postage. So there are ways to hunt down who sends you something from another country if you really wished to do so.

Lets continue to think logically about this. Why would some mysterious person in the USA send some other mysterious person in Mexico a package of prototype Skylanders? And why in an unmarked box? How the heck could this person get the address of someone who orders Rubik's Cubes from China?

There is no way anyone from Activision would ever do that, nor would they have his address nor would they know he exists. This is highly protected, watched over sensitive material and they would have tracking numbers galore and use the best delivery services. I'm surprised that they didn't send some guy chained to a suitcase to hand deliver these things, that's how tight Activision is with their secrets.

The only logical conclusion here is that those prototypes were intended for some Activision related Mexican studio or something to that effect. That's why they where in Mexico to start with. Sadly Mexico is well known for mail theft and it almost certainly got stolen during transit. It probably switched hands a few times (if not sold in some street market with the rest of the stolen junk) and someone was smart enough to recognize what it was and he posted it online to get a quick buck.

That leaves me to wonder, what they are worth to some crazed collector? $5000? $10,000? More? How soon until they appear on ebay for even higher prices? I really hope that someone here on this forum didn't buy them and are keeping secrets from us. Then again, they just about have to do that as Activision is probably on the hunt to get them back and it'd be a while before anyone could brag about owning them.
---
Stay Cool!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#159 Posted: 16:53:40 18/05/2015
There's almost no doubting that these are truly real. It's just a matter of how this happened, what this odd character is, and where these figures should actually be, instead of in the hands of multiple people in the US. Was this figure going to be shown at E3? Was it supposed to go to California to be used as paint tests? Or was it supposed to go to a branch of Activision/Creata/some other company that was in Mexico?

I suspect that it was mislabelled by the shipping company or was packaged with the incorrect contents.

But... no one will know, I guess.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#160 Posted: 19:13:58 18/05/2015
My message was in regards to the messages in the feed. Rumors of a whole box of them.... Someone buying them in a ship on the shelf and such. One being short compared to the other two and so on.

I would not be surprised if this mystery figure was intentional to get fans excited for the next game.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:23 18/05/2015 by TTD
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#161 Posted: 21:35:18 18/05/2015
Considering the news drought everywhere but the comics and books, I wouldn't be surprised,but Acti is too greedy with hype to just do something so little(LET'S RELEASE 10 TRAILERS FOR THE VILLAINS EVEN IF THE GAME JUST CAME OUT,THE SAME WEEK). We'd be seeing a lot of *wink wink nudge nudge* from the video channel and the series' FB if they really wanted to get everyone's attention.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#162 Posted: 21:38:27 18/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Considering the news drought everywhere but the comics and books, I wouldn't be surprised,but Acti is too greedy with hype to just do something so little(LET'S RELEASE 10 TRAILERS FOR THE VILLAINS EVEN IF THE GAME JUST CAME OUT,THE SAME WEEK). We'd be seeing a lot of *wink wink nudge nudge* from the video channel and the series' FB if they really wanted to get everyone's attention.

Well I must be part of the people who have the conspiracy at Activision intentionally causes these leaks but acts like they don't. For the true fans and followers that is.
---
#163 Posted: 21:45:51 18/05/2015
They'd have done that before, the only time it sounded intentional was the Knight Light thing because they left it out at clear view for Skydad to talk about it, but even then they also kept every youtuber from using Eon's Elite. The reveal of Light and Dark was an accident because all other footage had them locked, and the prototypes really don't hint at anything since none of them had their gimmicklander capabilities except for the Giants. It's just not in character, so to say.
---
#164 Posted: 01:24:19 19/05/2015
Where is Skydad from?
#165 Posted: 01:30:24 19/05/2015
Where is Skydad from?

Why do you need to know? From my knowledge it is Charlotte, North Carolina. Charlotte is quite extensive though so I'm not sure where in Charlotte he is.
---
#166 Posted: 01:34:57 19/05/2015
I was wondering because they were all sold to people in the US. He seems to have everything so I was not sure if maybe he was one of the people that got one.

I would love to hear his thoughts on the mystery figure.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:57:39 19/05/2015 by Matteomax
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#167 Posted: 01:38:09 19/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I hope he does but I can see why he won't. It'd be kinda cool if he mentioned me in the video too.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#168 Posted: 01:52:58 19/05/2015
I was wondering because they were all sold to people in the US. He seems to have everything so I was not sure if maybe he was one of the people that got one.

How do you know this. I saw what you had before you edited your post. I don't buy your story bro. No way you would know this, unless you are the person from Mexico.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#169 Posted: 01:56:40 19/05/2015
I will agree with the other members say'in that it was intended by Activision...because if it was an "Oops" as its being perceived as.... the pictures would have been pulled from all the sites they been posted on by now.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#170 Posted: 02:13:51 19/05/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
I will agree with the other members say'in that it was intended by Activision...because if it was an "Oops" as its being perceived as.... the pictures would have been pulled from all the sites they been posted on by now.

Exactly. No videos have been pulled down, just like with the Comic Prequal and the SKU numbers. Activision wants hype, and they are getting free publicity by letting people, like me, make videos on the news.
---
#171 Posted: 02:52:46 19/05/2015
Because I am a member of the group it was originally posted in and I contacted the original poster which led me to the person selling them. Very friendly guy.

It's not hard to go directly to the source instead of following something that went down through several sources. Plus you get more valid info and details instead of speculations. We may never know how this box ended up where it did but the guy selling them could of easily asked for a large amount of cash and he didn't.
I do not think this accidentally ended up in the publics hands.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:33:18 19/05/2015 by TTD
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#172 Posted: 03:25:56 19/05/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

Maybe they just said "Oh, whatever, we're gonna reveal the game soon anyway."

At least that's what I'm hoping for.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#173 Posted: 03:26:38 19/05/2015
There are also more pictures posted and pictures of the figure on the portal.

I personally think it was genius if this was intentional!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:02 19/05/2015 by TTD
#174 Posted: 04:11:31 19/05/2015
I personally think it was genius if this was intentional!

Therefore, it could not have happened. The thinly veiled story surrounding the figures is inconsequential anyway...and probably does more to stir up interest than Activision ever could.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#175 Posted: 10:48:02 19/05/2015

so that is how the story goes... this just sounds so made up, i am pretty sure 'the mexcian' is a activision employ that was given permission from activision to builds up hype before the official news release on e3.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:55:43 19/05/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#176 Posted: 11:13:40 19/05/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

so that is how the story goes... this just sounds so made up, i am pretty sure 'the mexcian' is a activision employ that was given permission from activision to builds up hype before the official news release on e3.

"I bet you're not even mexican!"
I don't care if it's a legit leak or not, but seriously CMB your wording came out as a little... Exaggerated, for the lack of a better term.

But seriously, Acti would be all over the SkylandersGame fb pretending they don't know what's going on. They haven't even bothered to do things other than talk about Wave 5 landers.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:16:46 19/05/2015 by Bifrost
#177 Posted: 11:19:39 19/05/2015
That's the story from the source. He has told the same story several times to different people. Now if it's true or not who knows.
Regardless it's a fascinating figure.
#178 Posted: 11:59:00 19/05/2015
There's no way that this is intentional.

The story does sound odd, but who knows? Items get lost/stolen all the time.

I recently saw someone on Reddit post about how they paid $300 for a poster signed by the CEO of Valve, Gabe Newell, and it was lost by UPS.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#179 Posted: 14:01:16 19/05/2015
I was thinking... What if we enter the number on the base on the warranty returns section of Activision's customer service?

We might find out the name of the Skylander if all the new characters are already registered.

I tried reading it but it's too blurry for me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#180 Posted: 14:45:59 19/05/2015
I'm pretty sure that he isn't even in the system yet. I remember when I got Tuff Luck in hand 2 months before she was released, and her Model Number didn't come up in the system when I tried.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#181 Posted: 16:28:41 19/05/2015
Quote: Matteomax
I'm pretty sure that he isn't even in the system yet. I remember when I got Tuff Luck in hand 2 months before she was released, and her Model Number didn't come up in the system when I tried.

Oh... Ok then.
No chance his number would come up even before they announced the game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#182 Posted: 02:51:36 20/05/2015
The number was already entered it is not found in the system :-/
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#183 Posted: 04:45:01 20/05/2015
I just want to say that if he indeed did receive the package by mistake, then sell/send/whatever it to other people instead of trying to return it, that's really a jerk move.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#184 Posted: 05:35:23 20/05/2015
Quote: Okaps
I just want to say that if he indeed did receive the package by mistake, then sell/send/whatever it to other people instead of trying to return it, that's really a jerk move.

He had to sell something. He was out of Rubik cubes. smilie

btw, I do agree with that. But I think this was an on purpose exposure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:36:01 20/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#185 Posted: 10:30:45 20/05/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

this mexican work for activision so the package have pretty much never left home.

You're really going to get yourself in trouble for assuming and then going with your own opinion and the one true truth. Really, it DOES NOT MATTER if it's true or not at this point, you're not getting any internet points for looking through the evil conspiracy of the random rubik's cube store.
(I mean, if it really was Activision's plan to create hype,we fell hook,line,and,sinker, just look at those four pages+the general Sky5 news+every thread someone has brought Clawbellows up - they won and noticing now won't matter)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:33:51 20/05/2015 by Bifrost
#186 Posted: 11:38:11 20/05/2015
Why do you have to refer to him as "this Mexican" ? You can refer to him as "this guy in Mexico"
Your comments can be taken offensive!!
Also do you know anything about Mexico? The average person does back breaking work for only 100 pesos a day. That converts to not even $7 USD.
So honestly do you blame any resident of Mexico for selling these?!?!
I am glad this guy got a break.
The average American could never make it living in Mexico.

He only asked for 200 pesos each BTW plus shipping.
So basically around $13 USD.
How unselfish was that?!?! This guy could of sold these things for way more and rip people off.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:50:00 20/05/2015 by Matteomax
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#187 Posted: 13:21:30 20/05/2015
are they all gone? I want one!
#188 Posted: 13:29:21 20/05/2015
Quote: Pyrofer
are they all gone? I want one!

Yes, they all sold.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#189 Posted: 14:28:22 20/05/2015
Why do you have to refer to him as "this Mexican" ? You can refer to him as "this guy in Mexico"
Your comments can be taken offensive!!
Also do you know anything about Mexico? The average person does back breaking work for only 100 pesos a day. That converts to not even $7 USD.
So honestly do you blame any resident of Mexico for selling these?!?!
I am glad this guy got a break.
The average American could never make it living in Mexico.

I've dated a girl in Mexico City online for a few years and I've been told many times over how hard it is for people there. I was even down there for a few weeks to experience her native land and culture, so I have some idea of how things are for people there.

Aside from the racism being displayed here by a single member, the trouble here is ethics/morals and selling something that doesn't belong to you. Mexico isn't entirely alone in this aspect as it's been my experience as an ebay seller that people, regardless of where they live in the world, at least half of them feels it is their right to keep stuff that they were not entitled to. They wouldn't return the wrong item back to me no matter how much I beg and offer to repay for return shipping.

Regardless, I still say there is no way a box with no return address could ever leave the USA let alone would appear on the doorstep of some guy that has nothing to do with Skylanders. Then selling said stuff, which is technically stolen as it technically doesn't belong to him, doesn't bode very well in my eyes either. It all reeks fishier than a Gill Grunt!
---
Stay Cool!
#190 Posted: 14:45:45 20/05/2015
They were gone within hours of the original post asking what it was.

I cannot tell you how it ended up where it did no more than you would guess.
I can only pass on the info that was given. Who knows.
This guy was asked several times and never changed the story that it had no return address. He even said he does not know how it crossed the boarder. It's a mystery to all of us.
Regardless this guy could of had a fat payday with die hard fans but he didn't care to make a lot which in my opinion makes him a not such a bad guy.
Let's say in fact that these things did end up on his door step the way he says with no return address.
He didn't know what they were and could not return them. What else would you suggest he do with them? Throw them away?
Or let's just say maybe these were stollen goods to make profit. Why would he only ask $13-$14 USD? I would imagine if these were stolen someone would of know what they were and would of tried to get a lot for them.
Look at the prototypes on eBay. You can get one for only $650. Lol
Can you imagine how far $650 would go for a resident of Mexico?
Hell he could of probably gotten more since it's for a game that has not been released yet. But he did not care about that.

Another idea is what if Activision planned a leak and decided to put them in this box with no return address and let people guess like we are. They have yet to comment on the whole thing.

Honestly we may never know any of these answers.
If this guy would of just thrown them away we would of never known about this neat looking figure that has everyone so excited.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:50:34 20/05/2015 by Matteomax
#191 Posted: 15:21:45 20/05/2015
That's true. But with questions like that, especially why Mexico of all places instead of a Toys R' Us or youtuber's house, people are bound to be suspicious. But it's no excuse to go running around saying it's an inside job and how dare they pretend it wasn't, you're harassing people over plastic that becomes pixels.
---
#192 Posted: 15:40:26 20/05/2015
Wether it was inside or not it has every fan excited. It also raises more questions and leaves very few answers.
They also have more competition this year. Amiibos, the new lego game and infinity. Some families will not be to afford all and may have to choose between them.
I know a lot of people are excited about the new lego game for sure.
#193 Posted: 16:46:13 20/05/2015
The group containing the pictures was literally taken down a few days ago. I guess that confirms the legitimacy of this..
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:48:57 20/05/2015 by Matteomax
#194 Posted: 16:51:10 20/05/2015
The group containing the pictures was literally taken down a few days ago. I guess that confirms the legitimacy of this..

What? I was just looking at this group on facebook, unless we are talking about different groups. What was the group named?
---
#195 Posted: 16:51:20 20/05/2015
I said that's what he was asking for him buy when it was all said and done. One buyer paid $35 shipped one paid $70 shipped and the third sold for $200.

The group is still up but the post was deleted yesterday afternoon. It was active yesterday morning then deleted.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:43 20/05/2015 by TTD
#196 Posted: 16:56:27 20/05/2015
Quote: ninja9351

What? I was just looking at this group on facebook, unless we are talking about different groups. What was the group named?

Skylanders Worldwide was the one that the images were originally posted on. It was taken down a day or two ago.
---
#197 Posted: 17:00:10 20/05/2015
The group is still active so he might be talking about the original post. Which was deleted yesterday afternoon. Now there is another post on the group that a girl posted later on.
#198 Posted: 17:15:37 20/05/2015
The group is still active so he might be talking about the original post. Which was deleted yesterday afternoon. Now there is another post on the group that a girl posted later on.

I tried searching for the group at least 4 times this morning; it isn't there. There's a second group that claims that the first one was deleted.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#199 Posted: 17:32:35 20/05/2015
To think, all this sparked from an unpainted plastic bat dragon robot whatevermajigger.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#200 Posted: 17:45:12 20/05/2015
Try searching Skylander worldwide it's there I promise. smilie
First | Previous | Page 4 of 5 | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me