darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > How do you all feel about the villain timer?
Page 1 of 1
How do you all feel about the villain timer?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#1 Posted: 02:29:34 12/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I know it's kinda late to as it but I'm curious.

I honesty hate it. I'm guessing it's for balance reasons but it's done so poorly.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:30:18 12/05/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#2 Posted: 02:40:36 12/05/2015
Having the Villain Timer keeps us from using our favorite Villains at all times, otherwise all Skylanders would have minor roles in the game.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3 Posted: 02:42:07 12/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Having the Villain Timer keeps us from using our favorite Villains at all times, otherwise all Skylanders would have minor roles in the game.

That's what I figured. That's likely what they mean't by balance.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 02:54:25 12/05/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon

Timer was a crux for bad design. Sorry, that's how I feel.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 03:44:35 12/05/2015
At first I thought it was dumb, but then I realized it made sense. Some of the villains are pretty overpowered, and they most likely would've overshadowed the Skylanders if they didn't have some limitations.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 06:09:03 12/05/2015
The first time I saw it I wasn't really happy.
It was a BIG late developing change.

But after I played the game I actually changed my mind a bit.
It isn't a incredible idea (if they wanted to encourage tag-team gameplay they should have nerfed villains a bit and give them a life-bar; maybe also something punitive, like, if a villain dies you loose all the experience he gained for your Skylander and won't be able to be used again in that level) but as the game is now I think it works.

Also really like that I can use villains freely inside the Academy so I can get used to their moves.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 08:22:29 12/05/2015
I like it as otherwise the game would be to easy if it wasn't there
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#8 Posted: 08:38:06 12/05/2015
It's necessary for the over powered reason.

But I think they could've come up with a better system.
I think making them a bit more balanced and without the timer would've been better in the long run,but obviously would've had less of a wow factor.

They do need to keep them distinguished from skylanders though.

I think if they made a battle arena where you could verse/play as captured villains and also have a better more interactive collection of villain quests you could do from the hub instead of mid level... They could've ditched the switching tag team thing for story mode.

Even with the timer I feel like the villains take too much attention away from the skylanders.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#9 Posted: 08:43:20 12/05/2015
It's a good idea for what it does(they regenerate faster than it seemed in previews), but it's a bandage for a design flaw that didn't really need to be applied. If the villains are so powerful and that's a problem... Make them less powerful? We already have Lightcores and Eon's Elite to wipe the floor, they could always expand on the Villain Quests and make all of them open an area or minigame like Krankcase, Shrednaught and others do. Yeah, it's fun to have support, but if you give them subpar-to-decent damage and make them exploring-focused, they'll still be just important enough to not overshadow anyone. Other skylanders are a lot of support on their own, and a villain definately didn't help the game's case of being extremely biased towards ranged combat because they also like to get stunlocked between heavy enemies and have their timers drain entirely.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:45:02 12/05/2015 by Bifrost
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#10 Posted: 23:36:56 12/05/2015
Kaos is OP
He can do hundreds of damage quickly, and he has a long timer which renews itself.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#11 Posted: 00:30:14 13/05/2015
At first I was disappointed,

But After getting the game, I actually like the timer better than health bars~
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#12 Posted: 00:50:19 13/05/2015
The villians were all really stale in my opinion. Only two attacks? Seriously?
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 00:52:16 13/05/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

*cough* Doom Raiders *cough*
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#14 Posted: 10:52:41 13/05/2015
Lack of a third attack wasn't a problem for most of them,but some really suffered from it for having a gimmick move as the second one. It's just not fun to play as Chomp Chest if you're already drowning in gold because he only has on very unreliable attack,and Brawl and Chain could use SO MUCH a dash instead of a grappling move for that quest.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#15 Posted: 20:46:59 13/05/2015
If you took away the villain timer (since it fills from time passing or being hit) the villains would be invincible, and that would be too cheap. Skylanders would be completely optional and unincentivized for any reason other than opening elemental gates if the timer was removed.

Even with the villain timer, one could argue that some of the villains do overshadow the Skylanders--Tae Kwon Crow is one of the most efficient damage dealers in the game, Threatpack can do hundreds of points of damage while staying on the move and Kaos can cause an incredible amount of destruction with three elemental icons on the ground (particularly fire ones).

The villains are at the point now where they're a reliable resource and they do make the game a lot easier, but the timer brings a fair amount of equilibrium to the game and keeps it exciting, so I like it.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#16 Posted: 21:28:11 13/05/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

*cough* Doom Raiders *cough*

Ah right, I forgot
The doom raiders were okay if not a bit slow
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:42 13/05/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me