darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Light and Dark "powers" within each Skylander?
Page 1 of 1
Light and Dark "powers" within each Skylander?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1 Posted: 20:32:04 11/05/2015 | Topic Creator
So I had this idea buzzing in my head for a while and thought I might share it.

Jus like Magic is present in all the Skylands (Skylanders are ALL magical beings, Tech ones included) I think Light and Dark might have also influenced the other Elements, a long time ago.

For example I tend to think Dark "created" or helped forming Fire, Earth, Undead and Tech since they are Elements I think revolve more around destroying, corrupting and negatively influencing the environment or the creatures.

Conversely, I associate Light to Water, Air, Life and Magic because I think about them as the "positive" Elements (I know a tidal wave or a hurricane can be as devastating as a volcano but as they are in nature water and air aren't dangerous like fire can be) the ones that are strictly connected to all the living beings.

Long story short: I think Dark exists within all the Undead, Fire, Earth and Dark Skylanders, just like Light is embedded within the remaining four.
In my opinion they are some sort of pure or primordial Elements from which all the other 8 originated.
After all, the Elder Elementals which I assume to be quite ancient "possess the powers of Light and Dark within their flesh". smilie

What do you think? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:30 11/05/2015 by Drek95
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 20:40:56 11/05/2015
Magic is just sort of lifeforce for the world, Tech Skylanders still are Tech elemental they just happen to be composed of Magic.
Also pretty sure the devs didn't make the elements with 'good' or 'bad' ones in mind, that'd be just bias. Dark allows creatures to rest. Earth is the footing and the ores that allow civilizations to develop,just like Tech. Undead is a bit more unclear, but as This is Halloween from NBC goes, "life is no fun without a good scare". Same way the 'good' elements you pointed out can still be destructive - Water can drown someone, Air can cause destructive forces of nature, Life drains Water, Light can make you blind or burn you to a crisp as the lasers in the game can say.

Dark and Light seem more to be the extra foundation since they're mentioned in that Elder Elemental scroll but not exactly seen any importance other than making up the world's physics. Heck,they're not even essential to power the Core of Light(though looking at its original appearance, they might've been the dome-like casing around it). It's the concentrated power of something the other elements can make(Fire can create light, Undead can envelop an area in darkness). And, since the Giants are the first skylanders,the Elder Elementals being the most powerful must've been something that happened long after the Arkeyans were defeated that concentrated Light and Dark into their own powers.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#3 Posted: 20:53:04 11/05/2015
Not a bad idea. But water characters sure do love to destroy things...lol
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#4 Posted: 22:58:53 11/05/2015
I thought about this a bit too.

The problem is you can argue any element could fall under the light or dark/creation or destruction banners. E.g. Tech could be thought about as creation, air could be thought of as making darkness with clouds .

I think all the elements have the potential to be combined of both light and dark properties.

I think that's more how they were formed, each element consists of both the light and dark elements. They didn't diverge separately into 4 elements each, they combined to form 8 new ones.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#5 Posted: 21:14:43 13/05/2015
Interesting categorization... I used to categorize Life, Water, Air and Earth as elements of creation and Fire, Undead, Tech and Magic as elements of progress.

And I think Bifrost raises a good point by mentioning this:

Quote: Bifrost
Also pretty sure the devs didn't make the elements with 'good' or 'bad' ones in mind, that'd be just bias.

I thought this through too, but I eventually did come to the same conclusion; Light and Dark aren't so much good and evil, as what they literally are by virtue of the similarities of their powers: Knight Light's attacks use light--the kind that you see with your eyes, not pure, good energy per se-- and Night Mare and Blackout use attacks that involve shadows and darken the battlefield and reduce brightness. It's as simple as that.
#6 Posted: 22:40:03 13/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Absolutely agree!
I don't consider this a possible theory because as a lot of you already said all the Elements can be just as positive and negative thus neutral.
The devs most likely decided (or maybe didn't even think about it) to keep a neutral approach so they could be as free as possible.

Just a random thought I had, expanded and shared with you. smilie

Sworn2Skylands your classification is great too!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#7 Posted: 02:26:45 14/05/2015
Thanks Drek95.

It was still a neat idea and it was fun to listen to. Glad you put it out there.
#8 Posted: 06:02:26 14/05/2015 | Topic Creator
No problem! smilie

I hope they will expand the backstory behind Light and Dark if not the Elements themselves, in the future.
I have the feeling they are more important that we can think... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:33:36 14/05/2015 by Drek95
#9 Posted: 12:53:34 14/05/2015
Chances are we're getting a Book of Elements: Light and Dark by this or next year, since we're getting the Book of Kaos this year. Book of Elements is mostly a trivia dump but it has a good bunch of canon tidbits to explain some of the backstory.
If all else fails, maybe the Light in the Dark comic starting next month will give at least some hints.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 16:42:44 14/05/2015
It's an excellent theory, Drek.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#11 Posted: 23:35:31 14/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Adam! smilie

What's your opinion on Light and Dark being the source of all Elements, or at least helping creating them?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#12 Posted: 23:40:00 14/05/2015
I actually thought this exact same thing, even with all the elements being Light/Dark,

I didn't think about it too much more though~

Even though this most likely will not probably be untrue, It's a great theory smilie
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#13 Posted: 14:08:43 15/05/2015
Well they said the ''elemental elders'' contained the power of light and darkness
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#14 Posted: 16:31:52 15/05/2015
Skylanders 5: Civil War

The forces of The Light, bolstered by the Elements of Tech, Life, Water and Air.

The forces of The Dark, boosted by the Elements of Magic, Undead, Fire and Earth.

The forces of Light bring life, hope, healing and order to Skylands, while the forces of the Dark leave chaos, sorrow, and destruction in their wake.

Whose side are you on?
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#15 Posted: 16:39:45 15/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
Thanks, Adam! smilie

What's your opinion on Light and Dark being the source of all Elements, or at least helping creating them?

I think it's very plausible. I wouldn't be surprised if this became canon.
---
Check this out! Please?
#16 Posted: 17:23:14 15/05/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed

The forces of The Light, bolstered by the Elements of Tech, Life, Water and Air.

The forces of The Dark, boosted by the Elements of Magic, Undead, Fire and Earth.

The forces of Light bring life, hope, healing and order to Skylands, while the forces of the Dark leave chaos, sorrow, and destruction in their wake.

Whose side are you on?

The one the description isn't horribly biased towards. Also the one that's not a fangame idea I've seen a few times in the Fandom boards.
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#17 Posted: 17:56:03 15/05/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed

Whose side are you on?

The one the description isn't horribly biased towards. Also the one that's not a fangame idea I've seen a few times in the Fandom boards.

Are you capable of taking a joke? I've seen you argue over so many comments in various threads ranging from people posting their own differing opinions to lighthearted jokes.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#18 Posted: 18:15:26 15/05/2015
It's hard to get jokes over the internet. I'm never really good at noticing a text post being ironic, and I don't have a crystal ball for forums. That's why things like /s exist, to give people signs that you're not serious at all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:16:06 15/05/2015 by Bifrost
#19 Posted: 20:06:05 15/05/2015
It's hard to get jokes over the internet. I'm never really good at noticing a text post being ironic, and I don't have a crystal ball for forums. That's why things like /s exist, to give people signs that you're not serious at all.

Yeah, I have the same problem. Every time I type a joke in a comment or something I feel like I have to give a #joking or #sarcasm.
---
Check this out! Please?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me