darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Flip Wreck & Fling Kong First Look
Page 1 of 1
Flip Wreck & Fling Kong First Look
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 05:53:23 04/05/2015 | Topic Creator
As one of the few to first receive Flip Wreck and Fling Kong, I decided to do a first look topic on the topic like I have done to several others.

[User Posted Image]

Flip Wreck's Sea Saw attack can miss an enemy when not timed at the right moment. His Wheeling and Dealing ability allows Flip Wreck to attack enemies while riding on his wheel, but he can be knocked off if he is hit. Like Thumpback and Thumpling, Flip Wreck can blow water at enemies from his blowhole using his Splash Damage attack. He can also use his Wheel as a shield and bash his enemies with it when further upgraded.

The Sword Swells upgrade path is a good option when enemies are in a tight group. The Whirlpool combo is excellent when you are surrounded as it damages enemies in a circular motion for a short while. Undersea Ambush is a perfect finisher at the end your Sword combos, and Blowhole Blaster is a must for using Splash Damage as it provides the range and increased damage it really needs.

This path allows the attacks from your Wheel Shield to expand. Fish?!? grants a powerful fish projectile attack while riding the Wheel Shield. When further upgraded, your Endless Fish allows unlimited fish to shot out and reduce your enemy's movement speed. The fish projectiles are good for covering wide areas and providing the most damage of all Flip Wreck’s attacks. Homing Fish gives a longer-range attack that sends fish flopping/homing in towards enemies.

Flip Wreck's soul gem power, Sea Slammer, allows you to slam down on your enemies when you ride on your Wheel Shield.

On to Fling Kong.

[User Posted Image]

Using Fling Kong, your primary attack is throwing Power Discs at your enemies, and his secondary attack is the ability to use Fling Kong's magic carpet to dash into enemies. When further upgraded, you gain the Cymbal Crash that allows you to smash your Power Discs together and create soundwaves.

The upgrades in the Disc Jocky Path allows the Trick Shot upgrade to send Power Discs at multiple enemies and bounce off walls. Smash Hit is slightly less powerful than The Kong Klang, but does not require any charging. A Toss Up triples the damage of Power Discs and doesn’t take too long to charge, but you don’t control when it goes off.

Carpet Captain improves your Magic Carpet Dash attack. Smash ‘N’ Dash prolongs your Carpet Dash, and Shock Treatment continues to damage enemies that are caught in the Magic Carpet Dash. Double Whammy can clear your path of enemies or finish them off. Tap the direction you want to throw the discs before pressing Attack 1.

His Soul Gem Ability, Make It Rain, can do a lot of damage to enemies that are close to you with you summon Power Discs to rain down on your opponents, but charging it can leave you open for attack.

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:26:55 04/05/2015 by Aura24
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2 Posted: 11:05:33 04/05/2015
They both sound like great and original characters. I might get flip wreck over echo but I'm a super excited about Fling Kong.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3 Posted: 11:40:18 04/05/2015
They look AMAZING! Can't wait to get them!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 13:16:38 04/05/2015
The guy voicing Flip Wreck also sounds like Blast Zone.
#5 Posted: 15:07:00 04/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Same voice actor, Flip Wreck and Blast Zone are voiced by Jess Harnell.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#6 Posted: 15:09:10 04/05/2015
Quote: Aura24

Cool, I was hoping that was the case. For some reason it didn't ring unique enough for me, but maybe it will grow on me.
skygrin Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#7 Posted: 23:14:59 04/05/2015
Nice! cant' wait till' they get them at gamestop.
---
smilie gottee
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#8 Posted: 02:17:39 05/05/2015
Wonder when they'll be out in the US?
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#9 Posted: 02:38:28 05/05/2015
Within 2 weeks or mid May.
#10 Posted: 21:07:54 06/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Aura24

Cool, I was hoping that was the case. For some reason it didn't ring unique enough for me, but maybe it will grow on me.

Tbh, when I first saw Flip Wreck, I expected him to sound a lot like Zap.
---
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#11 Posted: 21:31:25 06/05/2015
WAKKO VOICED FLIP WRECK?
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#12 Posted: 15:43:17 07/05/2015
I wish Fling Kong had been a Trap Master...how cool would it of been if he was fast with projectiles?
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me