darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Skylanders 5 to be revealed BEFORE June 3rd
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Skylanders 5 to be revealed BEFORE June 3rd [CLOSED]
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#1 Posted: 18:05:14 23/04/2015 | Topic Creator
So, a user on Instagram by the name of skylanderslover8 posted the following:
[User Posted Image]

Quote: Skylanderslover8
GUYYYS got some news about skylanders 5! So I got this German magazine called "Game Master" today (if you're German/ Austrian or from Switzerland, you should get it for best skylanders stuff ;3) and it says that the new one will come out on June 3rd WITH INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEXT SKYLANDERS GAME. This means they're definitely gonna reveal it BEFORE June 3rd. Last year, the magazine came about a week after the reveal out so I think it's certain that skylanders 5 will be revealed at the end of May. OMG IM SO EXCITED! Feel free to spread that if you think it's useful information :3

So, to sum up, there will be information about skylanders 5 in the next 'Game Master' magazine meaning that Activision will reveal skylanders 5 on or before June 3rd.

Edit:
Reveal date will be on June 3rd:
[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:17:26 31/05/2015 by TTD
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#2 Posted: 18:09:03 23/04/2015
Woo! Finally!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 18:10:40 23/04/2015
Could be between now and June 3rd.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#4 Posted: 18:19:58 23/04/2015 | Topic Creator
At least we know that it isn't an E3 reveal. The reveal will probably be in May.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#5 Posted: 18:56:00 23/04/2015
Alright!
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#6 Posted: 18:56:26 23/04/2015
Finally!
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 19:40:07 23/04/2015
Really? AFTER E3, a month from now? I'm almost expecting a delay here, unless it's just one of those big compilations after the press release.

Still,if it's anywhere after E3,that's a lot of shareholder money lost. Activision is more afraid of risk than Nintendo, they wouldn't even think of not revealing anything on the franchise there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 19:41:51 23/04/2015
E3 doesn't start until June 16th, Bifrost. X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 19:58:01 23/04/2015
Finally some consistent news!

Not later than June 3rd!
Great! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#10 Posted: 20:10:18 23/04/2015
Quote: Aura24

Oh wow, I was still stuck with that it started way earlier. Forgot they changed dates this year.
---
#11 Posted: 20:23:04 23/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Aura24

Oh wow, I was still stuck with that it started way earlier. Forgot they changed dates this year.

It still used to start like the 10th I think.
---
#12 Posted: 20:29:18 23/04/2015
I never really looked at the actual dates,I just remembered I watched it live during uni strike which happened during May and July and that I heard someone say it was at at the latter half of some month,so I assumed it was May.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:29:35 23/04/2015 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 21:18:32 23/04/2015
about damn time!
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#14 Posted: 21:35:18 23/04/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
about damn time!

this.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#15 Posted: 21:57:59 23/04/2015
Yeah!!
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#16 Posted: 06:23:47 24/04/2015
Skylanders 5, I beg of you to give us the most content in a Skylanders game to date and if you can't bring Heroic Challenges back please bring Quests back.
---
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#17 Posted: 06:44:20 24/04/2015
Lets hope the late game reveal means theyve put a bit of work into this game to make it amazing.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#18 Posted: 13:28:04 24/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
Lets hope the late game reveal means theyve put a bit of work into this game to make it amazing.

I agreel after the slight disappointment that was Trap Team, I'm confident VV can shape up a game with better content in the likes of SF.
---
Purple dragon.
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#19 Posted: 13:46:02 24/04/2015
Can't wait!
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#20 Posted: 15:45:58 24/04/2015
Me gusta.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#21 Posted: 18:06:24 24/04/2015

Dunno,plenty of games where they refused to show it in late beta(and the game reveals around this and march were usually in this state) are actually because they're afraid of reaction,with reason. Or as I said before,delays, but with VV probably working on all mobile games plus this at once I'm surprised SF didn't get announced any later.
---
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#22 Posted: 18:15:57 24/04/2015
I'm so excited for Skylanders 5. Swap Force was my favorite game from the series and I spent the most amount of time on it. Trap Team looked to be amazing, but didn't amaze me as much as Swap Force did.
#23 Posted: 23:41:12 24/04/2015

Dunno,plenty of games where they refused to show it in late beta(and the game reveals around this and march were usually in this state) are actually because they're afraid of reaction,with reason. Or as I said before,delays, but with VV probably working on all mobile games plus this at once I'm surprised SF didn't get announced any later.

I think VV manage them selves a bit better and have something to prove now. Unless the skylanders franchise reaches 7 games this could be their last 1 . I think they'll try and make a big impact.

even though I wasn't the biggest fan of SF ( coz I loved SA and Giants , SF just didn't feel the same), I can still admit it a very good game. If VV make an amazing Skylanders 5, their 2 games as a whole might show they are just as good, if not better skylanders game designers then toys 4 bob. a few people already think that but you can't really conclude anything from them only having produced the 1 game so far, and they could screw this new one up lol .
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#24 Posted: 02:20:18 25/04/2015

I grew up and never had a thought about a video game until I see it on shelves. We've obviously have become entitled in the Internet age I guess. For me, they could announce it a week before the game came out. I still think we'll get something by May 15th.

I've no doubt VV will emerge victorious with this new entry (cross fingers, toes and anything else I can)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:33 25/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#25 Posted: 12:00:40 25/04/2015
Entitled? Back then we didn't have a say if the game was crap because the company didn't care. Sure, there are big issues now of people pressuring developers to make things tailor-made for certain things that they want even if they're not longstanding fans, but having people be aware of the game's development means they can't just act like we wouldn't know better. Games like Aliens: Colonial Marines and Sonic Boom would never have the proper impact on the company if people just noticed they existed once they were in the shelves - we knew something was amiss and the sales reflect that properly.
---
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5724
#26 Posted: 12:22:48 25/04/2015
Wow, if it's actually June 3rd that'd be one day before my birthday. xP
#27 Posted: 17:53:19 25/04/2015
Entitled? Back then we didn't have a say if the game was crap because the company didn't care. Sure, there are big issues now of people pressuring developers to make things tailor-made for certain things that they want even if they're not longstanding fans, but having people be aware of the game's development means they can't just act like we wouldn't know better. Games like Aliens: Colonial Marines and Sonic Boom would never have the proper impact on the company if people just noticed they existed once they were in the shelves - we knew something was amiss and the sales reflect that properly.

I'm totally fine with the conversations on the finished product, but yes...we're all complaining because we feel that we should know about a game 6 months before its release. The fact that the now open culture of how and when video game companies communicate a game forthcoming is great...wouldn't have it any other way. Companies spend lots more to make video games than in the past, so it's in their best interest. Doesn't detract from the demands the boards are generating over wanting the content. And yes, I'd like to see it too, but in my opinion they can choose when, where, and IF they choose to do it. I'll vote accordingly...with my wallet. This time especially.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 17:03:34 09/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Mattlander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1338
#28 Posted: 05:08:06 26/04/2015
Quote: whirlwind fan
Wow, if it's actually June 3rd that'd be one day before my birthday. xP

Same birthday! I'm old though so probably a very different year.

Hoping for somewhat automatically generated content or even better, user-made content.

Also, I'd like the option of other camera angles at least for 1 player.
Notice all of the publicity shots, you see the characters close-up, at a better angle.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#29 Posted: 10:56:00 26/04/2015
Quote: TTD
At least we know that it isn't an E3 reveal. The reveal will probably be in May.

i hope for a may reveal too smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#30 Posted: 15:11:23 26/04/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

or a late april. not gonna happen but i can dream
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#31 Posted: 15:22:18 26/04/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
Quote: CountMoneyBone

or a late april. not gonna happen but i can dream

late april, even better smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#32 Posted: 15:32:50 26/04/2015
Oh really ? I recall a thread that said Skylanders 5 to be revealed in April .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#33 Posted: 15:36:55 26/04/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Oh really ? I recall a thread that said Skylanders 5 to be revealed in April .

I recall no such thread.
---
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#34 Posted: 21:05:16 05/05/2015
I guess it wont be too much longer before a reveal, since both Lego and Disney Infinity have their announcements out of the way.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#35 Posted: 11:16:58 06/05/2015
I'm like "Hold on hold on hold on!" Lol. Because whenever they reveal a new game before I get all of the characters, I just have no interest in the characters when I get them because I'm too into the next game. Luckily I only need Fling Kong, Pet-Vac, and Breeze. smilie
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#36 Posted: 00:52:11 07/05/2015
I heard a couple things from a TRU employee:
1) official announcement of Skylanders 5 will be at E3
2) Release of Skylanders could possible be pushed back to November.
Whether #2 is true, we'll wait and see.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#37 Posted: 01:02:16 07/05/2015
Quote: Insane01

I highly doubt any of that.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#38 Posted: 01:26:11 07/05/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I highly doubt any of that.

Agreed. Employies of stores like that are fountains of BS. They just want to sound like they know what they are talking about. My GameStop is similar. I only think that the manager knows what he is doing when it comes to Toys To Life.
---
#39 Posted: 05:29:35 07/05/2015
Yeah they usually don't know anything and just have to act like they know the industry. And stores generally don't get much extra info besides product descriptions. really if any stores new any accurate info it'd be all ove the Internet. You can't keep that many part time and casual workers quiet lol.

dI 3 hasn't got an actual release date yet iether. And I assume we'll get the same for skylanders when its revealed. They are probably trying to get it ready as soon as possible though. withLego dimension releasing at the end of September, it'll be the first toys to life title for the year. It wouldn't be smart for any other company to release their games much later, giving people a month or so to try out a new game because they are bored waiting for their regular one is something they'd avoid at all costs.

skylanders really doesn't need to be pushed back though anyway, Unless it's got a huge game design change. The game , even with 100+ characters inst very complicated. Everything's just set out in a linear level by level design. And they have 4 old games that can be used as skeleton code.

And really they released Giants exactly 1 year after SA and they were made by the same company. With 2 company's taking turns each year to do skylanders now they have no real excuse for late releases unless it somehow benefits them.
---
#40 Posted: 05:37:17 07/05/2015
I'm all for delay. Even a year delay. Honeymoon is over on this franchise...unless they want to repeat their COD mistakes...try harder.
#41 Posted: 11:59:13 07/05/2015
One month delay doesn't sound like much,but I don't mind as long as they don't get greedy and try to compete with christmas releases - but yeah don't take the word of someone in a random game store, I had several of them telling me Trap Team would come out in February in here and it didn't take long for me to get word from Neoplay that the date is never.
Another month of development DOES mean time to finish polishing and adding new small things to the game,however. Trap Team could've used that so hard to finish the hub proper.
---
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#42 Posted: 15:41:44 07/05/2015
Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=117023&post=5581887
skylanders really doesn't need to be pushed back though anyway, Unless it's got a huge game design change. The game , even with 100+ characters inst very complicated. Everything's just set out in a linear level by level design. And they have 4 old games that can be used as skeleton code.

And really they released Giants exactly 1 year after SA and they were made by the same company. With 2 company's taking turns each year to do skylanders now they have no real excuse for late releases unless it somehow benefits them.

Any small amount of problems from marketing, competition and any number of bugs can push it back. Who are you to say it doesn't need it?

They can have whatever excuse they want to let it release later. And typically later is better.

Giants used the same shared engine as SSA. Possibly with the new game there won't be a wii game, which might allow for extra tweaking, add ins and other things.

OR it could just be they want to have a separate release date to:

Not conflict with two more releases possibly? To be right along the best shopping time of the year?

Maybe they want to put it out after black friday to make extra money or right near it to make way too much money?
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#43 Posted: 16:52:58 07/05/2015
Imagine if they released sky5 on black friday...now there is a scary thought.
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#44 Posted: 19:50:44 07/05/2015
Quote: SlayerX11

It would just be this:
[User Posted Image]
#45 Posted: 20:00:05 07/05/2015
Even if it was the best game of the series I'd definately hold out on preordering/day one importing if that was the case, just to stay sane. Ebay probably would be seeing starter packs get listed and bought within minutes.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#46 Posted: 20:25:42 07/05/2015
Quote: NinjaStealthElf

It would just be this:
[User Posted Image]

ROFL! This made my day! Thank you!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#47 Posted: 02:36:11 08/05/2015
Prime example is Activision's other half, Blizzard Entertainment. They're famous for pushing things back with major success. Warcraft (not counting WoW) and Starcraft especially.
So if they do push it back, hopefully it's for improvements. I would rather wait a month for an excellent game rather than get a rushed version done poorly.
---
"
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#48 Posted: 20:52:10 08/05/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: NinjaStealthElf

It would just be this:
[User Posted Image]

ROFL! This made my day! Thank you!

-Doug

Same.

Prime example is Activision's other half, Blizzard Entertainment. They're famous for pushing things back with major success. Warcraft (not counting WoW) and Starcraft especially.
So if they do push it back, hopefully it's for improvements. I would rather wait a month for an excellent game rather than get a rushed version done poorly.

Hopefully, although I am a bit scared that they didn't start when they were supposed to.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#49 Posted: 21:58:33 08/05/2015
That could be it as well. They're already putting out announcements for preorders for the next Call of Duty, their biggest moneymaker
---
"
#50 Posted: 22:38:24 08/05/2015
That could be it as well. They're already putting out announcements for preorders for the next Call of Duty, their biggest moneymaker

Actually Skylanders makes more. At least the figures do.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me