Page 1 of 1
Does Eon's Elite break the game?
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#1 Posted: 22:09:19 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Hello World. If you couldn't already tell I'm new to this forum, and I wanted to break the ice by posting an opinion thread. So even before I got into Skylanders, I really wanted the Elite Spyro figure just because I'm an old Spyro fan. When I got Trap Team, I bought it without hesitation. Although it does look cool, it seems to really break the game for me due to its 3X power. It made normal Kaos mode boring, and Nightmare mode was not too hard, although I probably would not have finished it without him and Kaos. I'm just saying it would have been nice if you had the option to turn off the 3X power and have him behave as a normal Skylander.

So what do you guys think. Do any owners of an Eon's Elite feel this way, or is everyone just thrown off by the price?
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#2 Posted: 22:38:20 21/04/2015
They are a weird gimic, and if people want to make the game easy by buying more expensive figures that's ok.

If people want to feel like they are playing the game on easy when it's really on hard, it's not hurting anyone (except maybe their own interest in the game by not being challenged and being limited to only EE figures).

The only problem that will arise is if they bring PvP back in a competitive frame ( online or 4 player etc) .
They'll have to decide to iether adjust the 3x power To be more fair or not. Downplaying their strength could make all the people who own EE feel kind of ripped off. But the game has been known to scale down skylanders strength in the past ( Giants in SF).
But keeping their 3x strength will annoy a lot more people , and may push fans too far if they feel they have to buy an EE to even have a chance to play competitively.

I kind of think they'll just scale their power down so they are just be slightly stronger then all the other variants of that character, e.g. I think legendary Spyro is probably the strongest spyro atm ( stat wise ) . So they can just adjust EE spyro to be slightly stronger then that.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#3 Posted: 23:24:29 21/04/2015
Welcome to the forum.

Personally I like that they are over powered. When I want a challenge I don't use them, but it's great just smashing through a level with EE Stealth Elf.
benccisne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1199
#4 Posted: 19:23:32 22/04/2015
The purpose of buying/using an Eon's elite figure is to have a powerhouse. If you want a challenge don't use one. You can still get older figures from stores like Toys 'R' Us or five below. Used game stores as well. I think they are a great way of showcasing and bringing back some of the first key players in skylands. Also you can change their paths but only in Giants.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#5 Posted: 20:37:01 22/04/2015
They are not as game breaking as people make them out to sound. They have problems soloing some levels on Nightmare.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#6 Posted: 22:11:49 22/04/2015
They are no more making the game easier or breaking than using Kaos entirely with his indefinite powers. With Kaos, you can beat Kaos on Nightmare with a level 1 Boomer. With Trigger Happy Elite, you'd probably eventually have to tag out against him so Kaos can break the game more in theory.

Not a fan of the elites, but that is mainly due to the price tag and am just sick to death of seeing the same characters over and over. We have 8 versions of Spyro, 6 versions of Gill Grunt, 7 of Trigger Happy, etc etc, enough.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 00:53:13 23/04/2015
No, EE do not break the game....the villains beat them to it.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#8 Posted: 04:09:57 23/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
No, EE do not break the game....the villains beat them to it.

Agreed

Villains that are stronger then most skylanders and have Invincibility are worse then really strong skylanders.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#9 Posted: 07:46:48 23/04/2015
Kaos. Just Kaos. Nightmare mode in the last Kaos Doom Challenge with Kaos is too easy O.O
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#10 Posted: 09:24:07 23/04/2015
Who said you had to buy any elite,s ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#11 Posted: 22:29:56 23/04/2015
More for collectors...

I don't use them much, I have them sitting in my closet, looking cute in their cases. ( I followed the instructions. )
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#12 Posted: 22:53:49 23/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah I see now, the game is pretty broken already. The only reason I got it was for my love of Spyro. If the Eon's Elite was anyone else, I would have just moved on. That is why it is the only one I have and will ever have. TBH though, Elite Spyro did help me through Nightmare mode, and it would have been a nightmare without him, even with Kaos.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#13 Posted: 21:55:44 24/04/2015
Elite skylanders is the most retarted thing invented. Pay 30$ instead of 10$ to get x3 power. Some say that paint job is better but I don't think so. There's just more gold and it looks more flashy. So is the x3 power really worth 20$ more?

I don't think so. Even if some may love this feature, it's not worth 20$. I and a lot of people hate this option. I hope there's no series 2 elites. I would like giants one do only for reposes. But no more Series one returning as elites.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#14 Posted: 22:00:45 24/04/2015
Quote: LloydDXZX

Yes let's use that as an insult to a plastic toy, quite mature that.

People are buying them, then it must be worth it. Lightcores but stronger, also with a new paint job. Wish they had actually S2+ chips but the appearance of S1 but does anyone really need that with the damage numbers.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#15 Posted: 01:50:25 25/04/2015
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Who said you had to buy any elite,s ?

...this topic is called "does son's elite break the game" not "you said something I didn't like so I will say don't buy it".

Quote: LloydDXZX
Elite skylanders is the most retarted thing invented.

Who said you had to buy any elites?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:51:52 25/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#16 Posted: 09:24:36 25/04/2015
Quote:
...this topic is called "does son's elite break the game" not "you said something I didn't like so I will say don't buy it".

Sheesh Mon . Answer to original question . If your game still works after you put the Epic War God on your portal then no . If you feed the game to your dog then yes .

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#17 Posted: 17:12:00 25/04/2015
My post was an oxymoron to itself if you read both replies. Nice pic of dog. He looks more entertaining than Trap Team. Probably cheaper, too.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#18 Posted: 17:27:03 25/04/2015
Seems like the same as asking if playing on easy breaks the game. It really does not matter as long as you are having fun and enjoying the game.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#19 Posted: 18:48:57 25/04/2015
I really hope that if there will be new of Eon's Elite in Skylanders 5.
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#20 Posted: 15:33:56 26/04/2015
One thing I would like to see in Skylanders 5 for Eon's elites are to beable to use all of their upgrades and Wow pows from their previous series. ( like to beable to use both of their upgrade paths at the same time and the ability to use all of their wow pows from their older series)
#21 Posted: 16:59:53 26/04/2015
Not sure how they could implement that, unless you use the triggers to change the "mode" of the skylander.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#22 Posted: 17:26:49 28/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
My post was an oxymoron to itself if you read both replies. Nice pic of dog. He looks more entertaining than Trap Team. Probably cheaper, too.

Oh I get it, you criticized someone for saying something that didn't contribute to the discussion, then you said the exact same thing word for word to someone else! LOL!

PS: no, eon's elite don't break the game, because the game has no PVP, so there's no "broken", just "ridiculously overpowered", unless you mean chaos, because godmode is ALWAYS broken...

Also, they're the Elite, so they shouldn't be nerfed in PVP, they aren't broken, they're "that good", and PVP is the PERFECT way to prove it [how else does one prove their the best of the best? by curbstomping the rest of the pack!], so IMO, PVP is the only place that the 3x power MUST go unchanged

There's no competitive field, so... its not like playing an overpowered character in PVP is unfair, because it says more about the character's stats than the player's skill... AND... it's all fun and games in this game... not much of a reason for balance when its intended for "friendly completion", not "fierce competition"
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#23 Posted: 17:29:57 28/04/2015
Quote: Barrysun
One thing I would like to see in Skylanders 5 for Eon's elites are to beable to use all of their upgrades and Wow pows from their previous series. ( like to beable to use both of their upgrade paths at the same time and the ability to use all of their wow pows from their older series)

I'd settle for just all 3 wow-pows, but no, you would NOT need a mode change, since its not common for upgrade paths to conflict on what they can do (like the both change a skill in different ways that couldn't both happen...), and it's almost UNHEARD of for S1 lander's to have abilities that couldn't both be in effect on account of their simplicity...

But... I would NOT want Mega Ram's horns to show up on EE spyro after getting the S3 wow pow, but I wouldn't mind the wing armor appearing on the S2 wow pow...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me