Page 1 of 1
Annoying Things
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#1 Posted: 14:02:07 20/04/2015 | Topic Creator
What are some of the rhings that are really annoying in Trap Team as a whole? I personally hate the fact that Jet-Vac/Pet-Vac can't use his suction attack in flight, which makes flying time really short and recharging a pain, even if it's pretty quick.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 14:27:35 20/04/2015
The enemy AI and the combat physics. Why a tiny blue alien and some medium sized goo chompies are bolted down to the ground while they play volleyball wih Tree Rex as the ball?And let's not even get into heavy enemies which will get in your face and never leave until a good chunk of your health is gone,if you're not defeated outright since you depend on melee.
Also the ending of the Golden Queen boss fight seriously bothers me every time,which is a shame because it's not as ridiculous as Traptanium Kaos or favors certain skylanders like Wolfgang. How do you script Golden Queen's stunned animation 5 seconds before it's supposed to appear and not notice your boss awkwardly sliding into place?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:37:11 20/04/2015 by Bifrost
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#3 Posted: 15:44:13 20/04/2015
Persephone won't shut up. I buy Skylanders in bulk when a new wave hits, and then amass all the gold necessary to upgrade them fully. The fact I have to hear "are you read-" 8-9 times per Skylander is just ridiculous.

Also that Brock arena challenge, the one with three goals, first the time limit, then the cloning, then the instant death. That final part is killer. Get hit once by that stupid laser and you can't move, it takes away all 3 hits, and if your villain bites the dust, you can't tag them back in? Not to mention it takes close to 8 minutes just to GET to that portion of the challenge! Why couldn't the insta-death challenge be first so if I mess up I can jump straight back in and try again!

Also Turbo Jet-Vac and Phantom Cynder.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#4 Posted: 15:54:55 20/04/2015
Flynn and his ego seemed a bit annoying to me (as usual), the rap mini game, other minigames placed in the story mode ( like the grab and release pirates thing), the absence of swimming areas.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#5 Posted: 16:52:43 20/04/2015
You should always be able to skip cutscenes unless they are masking loading, in which case it should be made obvious that is taking place and allow the skip once finished. The games have gotten better, but Trap Team took a significant step back in this. If I want to skip the intro I should be able to, at worst make me confirm the skip so a button press doesn't skip if you don't want to do so.

Persephone is definitely the worst culprit and extremely annoying. I want Gorm and Tuck back and how they let you do your thing once you step into the machine without commentary or dialog.
#6 Posted: 18:32:27 20/04/2015
Gorm and Tuk's characters are really bad and stereotyped though. Best of both worlds is the right thing, keep Persephone but keep upgrading in the menu.
And some level intros can be skipped,but the strange part is that sometimes you can skip cutscenes necessary to understanding the level and sometimes you can't skip filler. A few months before I said they seemed to be making unskippable cutscenes just the ones showing puzzles but then why in Telescope Towers you can skip the button gimmick introduction but Headwick going 'LOOK NOW YOU DID SOMETHING GOOD' is more important...?
---
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#7 Posted: 18:36:48 20/04/2015
I can't stand the pinball "puzzles" in the Midnight Museum level, especially the last one. Almost random. Had to redo a speedrun a few times on that one and hated it.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#8 Posted: 20:39:50 20/04/2015
Quote: Dahvoo
I can't stand the pinball "puzzles" in the Midnight Museum level, especially the last one. Almost random. Had to redo a speedrun a few times on that one and hated it.

I agree with that one. The whole level is a disappointment.

Mine would be lock puzzles. I find them tedious and boring.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#9 Posted: 20:59:22 20/04/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
What are some of the rhings that are really annoying in Trap Team as a whole? I personally hate the fact that Jet-Vac/Pet-Vac can't use his suction attack in flight, which makes flying time really short and recharging a pain, even if it's pretty quick.

I don't recall being able to use his vacuum while flying in previous games? On one of his paths,pressing the vacuum button in flight does a cork screw attack doesn't it?

Quote: Snap Shot

I agree with that one. The whole level is a disappointment.

Mine would be lock puzzles. I find them tedious and boring.

I like the pinball challenges. Much more interesting and new then the simple light puzzles or lock puzzles. They maybe could've used something a bit more exciting for the midnight museum level, but I don't think that's entirely the pinballs fault.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
#10 Posted: 21:12:18 20/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Gorm and Tuk's characters are really bad and stereotyped though. Best of both worlds is the right thing, keep Persephone but keep upgrading in the menu.
And some level intros can be skipped,but the strange part is that sometimes you can skip cutscenes necessary to understanding the level and sometimes you can't skip filler. A few months before I said they seemed to be making unskippable cutscenes just the ones showing puzzles but then why in Telescope Towers you can skip the button gimmick introduction but Headwick going 'LOOK NOW YOU DID SOMETHING GOOD' is more important...?

No more stereotyped than Cali, the resident "sarcastic female". Cali needs to go. Yes, we get it, Flynn is a moron - we don't need a character who's only purpose is to remind us of this obvious fact. I prefer Tessa and how she plays into it, it is actually funnier. Besides, practically every character is some form of exaggerated stereotype.

Cut scenes need to always be skippable, period. If I miss important info, that's my bad - if it is crucial to know then put a reminder in the game somehow of the important bit like an NPC or voice over that reminds you if (and only if) you take too long. A confirmation to skip is also good to avoid accidental skips as well as ways to re-view if desired. Cut scenes are not new to games, there are established "best practices" to follow.
#11 Posted: 21:22:11 20/04/2015
Cali is a sarcastic female, a headstrong adventurer(Perilous Pastures happened because she decided to throw herself against Drow and you had to save her from the Golden Queen because blowing up her city is such a good idea), and very knowledgeable of minor threats around the world, that's 3 I can say off the top of my head without putting Flynn in the subject. Can't say the same for 'I WANT TO BE STRONG' or 'OMG MY BROTHER IS SO RECKLESS'. Same for Persephone,though to be fair she only got some dimension over the course of 4 games+ SF3DS where she reveals she's a queen.

And yes, the cutscenes should be all skippable in my opinion,but you forget this is a kids' game. Kids AND PARENTS will complain that they're not dragged by the hand to what they need to do, heck some adults do that like it's the game's fault. Can't please everyone.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:24:50 20/04/2015 by Bifrost
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#12 Posted: 21:26:42 20/04/2015
i didnt like that i couldn't skip some parts in levels when doing speed runs but thats really it. that arena challenge with the 1 shot challenge at the end was super easy. my only issue was that for some reason the "piddle chompies" would turn invisible so i had to play hide n kill before the hit me, but that glitch really added a challenge to that fight, made it better in my opinion. The pinball in midnight museum, i loved that, so much better than the puzzle challenges, the skip puzzle thing you can buy was never worth it because they where so easy, takes like 2 seconds to complete one. But the pinball is not random, its like real life, got to hit the ball when on the right part of the paddle to get it where you want to go.

i guess one other thing too. i wish nightmare mode was harder. Maybe take less damage from enemies ( compared to now) but add alot more of them. I know its meant to be easy when played on normal or easy mode but the only fun boss fight was chaos, all others where super easy on nightmare mode. I play alot of platformers ( spyro, crash, jak and ratchet and clank) so i know how to dodge and find patterns, i just want something to really test people like me other than make rules to make it harder (reset after lvl 5 or only use 1 villain ect...)
#13 Posted: 21:34:19 20/04/2015
We could do with a lot less hand holding in games. Nowadays, kids buy guides with the game and complain/give up if they lose to a boss their first try. Not to do the old "walk to school uphill both ways" bit, but kids aren't dumb and they figured out things just fine without an extensive cutscene, giant arrows pointing the way and weak parts that glow back in the NES days.
#14 Posted: 21:43:02 20/04/2015
Quote: defpally
We could do with a lot less hand holding in games. Nowadays, kids buy guides with the game and complain/give up if they lose to a boss their first try. Not to do the old "walk to school uphill both ways" bit, but kids aren't dumb and they figured out things just fine without an extensive cutscene, giant arrows pointing the way and weak parts that glow back in the NES days.

They aren't dumb at all most of the time,but I remember someone asking Alex Ness about that and he said something along the lines of 'we tried that in Madgascar 2 but even plataforming is too hard for kids nowadays'. Hand-holding is more of an order from higher ups than their actual wishes,most likely. I also don't like it(I prefer the approach of having a 'super easy/friendly mode' specifically for that, if games really need to appeal to super casuals), but it's not something that even the devs can question at this point. Unless Acti gets a miraculous moment of clarity and decides to add 'kid' difficulty where the essential cutscenes are unskippable and you get regenerating health,but you can play the game normally and skipping everything elsewhere.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:01 20/04/2015 by Bifrost
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#15 Posted: 21:45:44 20/04/2015
Quote: Alphawolf
i didnt like that i couldn't skip some parts in levels when doing speed runs but thats really it. that arena challenge with the 1 shot challenge at the end was super easy. my only issue was that for some reason the "piddle chompies" would turn invisible so i had to play hide n kill before the hit me, but that glitch really added a challenge to that fight, made it better in my opinion. The pinball in midnight museum, i loved that, so much better than the puzzle challenges, the skip puzzle thing you can buy was never worth it because they where so easy, takes like 2 seconds to complete one. But the pinball is not random, its like real life, got to hit the ball when on the right part of the paddle to get it where you want to go.

i guess one other thing too. i wish nightmare mode was harder. Maybe take less damage from enemies ( compared to now) but add alot more of them. I know its meant to be easy when played on normal or easy mode but the only fun boss fight was chaos, all others where super easy on nightmare mode. I play alot of platformers ( spyro, crash, jak and ratchet and clank) so i know how to dodge and find patterns, i just want something to really test people like me other than make rules to make it harder (reset after lvl 5 or only use 1 villain ect...)

Definately stop using villains to make it harder. Taking no damage is kind of cheating and boring anyway. That's pretty much the main mechanic I don't like about trap team. They made the game a bit harder then previous ones but then let you switch too characters that are invincible every 2 minutes.

I stopped using villains pretty early coz it's much more entertaining trying to win with skylanders.
I like having the option to use a villain if I really really need it, but otherwise being invincible makes it kinda stupid.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#16 Posted: 21:46:07 20/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
I like the pinball challenges. Much more interesting and new then the simple light puzzles or lock puzzles. They maybe could've used something a bit more exciting for the midnight museum level, but I don't think that's entirely the pinballs fault.

They're okay for the most part when just logic puzzles. But that last one in Midnight Museum was too trial and error/blind luck to accomplish quickly when you're racing the clock.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
#17 Posted: 22:10:40 20/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
They aren't dumb at all most of the time,but I remember someone asking Alex Ness about that and he said something along the lines of 'we tried that in Madgascar 2 but even plataforming is too hard for kids nowadays'. Hand-holding is more of an order from higher ups than their actual wishes,most likely. I also don't like it(I prefer the approach of having a 'super easy/friendly mode' specifically for that, if games really need to appeal to super casuals), but it's not something that even the devs can question at this point. Unless Acti gets a miraculous moment of clarity and decides to add 'kid' difficulty where the essential cutscenes are unskippable and you get regenerating health,but you can play the game normally and skipping everything elsewhere.

Platforming isn't too hard for kids nowadays, it is just too hard for their interpretation of what kids are capable of - kids live down to your expectations if you let them. If you expect them to fail, then they will do so. The first Mega Man was hard as nails, it took me weeks to beat it - in fact the instructions were so bad I didn't even know you could use boss weapons (the instructions made some vague comment about acquiring their power, but didn't explain how to do it) until well after I was able to get to the Yellow Devil in Dr. Wily's stage. That didn't stop them from making a part 2, or 3, or 4, or 5 ...

It isn't a kids game, but I just finished Bloodborne - a fantastic game. Not once does it hold your hand, even for storytelling. When the credits rolled, I felt like I had accomplished something. When the credits roll in most games it's like, ok that's it.

I'm not against having varying difficulty, but they need to stop acting like the player base is stupid and will only buy a game if it presents absolutely no difficulty without artificially introducing it with Achievements/Trophys/Tasks/Rank/etc. In fact, people might not mind buying the game and figures so much if it took longer than a day to beat it, and if new figures actually gave you an edge to get over a tough part.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#18 Posted: 01:23:22 21/04/2015

THIS. I can see why people like them as they are new, but I agree they killed my enjoyment of the speed run in MM. And I didn't find them life like at all. I found them very random. There were times I was playing so long to get through that I had pretty much hit the ball on every part of a paddle for no result until the game finally decided to have the ball fall in the hole.

I would also like to see Nightmare Mode be super hard. Don't even try the whole 'It's a kids game' argument. There are Easy, Medium & Hard levels for kids. Make Nightmare Mode a real nightmare.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#19 Posted: 01:28:43 21/04/2015
How cail is there but no mention of heroic challenges.
no sharpfin and hugo
minis get only one specific area
golden queen is harder to defeat than kaos
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#20 Posted: 01:29:13 21/04/2015
Real nightmare,not real frustration. FromSoftware and Platinum Games exist in this decade, we know better than to add 300 to enemy health and damage and call that hard.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#21 Posted: 02:38:08 21/04/2015
On Golden Queen: Thought that was just me, glad someone else noticed that too. I would also like Nightmare to contrast enemy placement or AI, not just health.

I also found the pinball puzzle to be problematic--someone was using common core math on that one.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:46:36 21/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#22 Posted: 04:21:23 21/04/2015

Why care about the derp bird?
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#23 Posted: 05:14:17 21/04/2015
Loss of pvp
Persephone, girl needs to consolidate her thoughts and ask me just once instead of 900 times.
The way the Light and Dark thing was handled...could have been so epic.
Trap variety and availability. Why do we need 300 magic traps with only 3 trapable magic villains?
Bugs, so many on PS4 (Beenox, ugh) that they are too many to list without me breaking my keyboard.
Kaos Trap
Last Kaos fight, I'm all for challenging but it was just ridiculous if you didn't have a trapped Kaos.
Nothing to replace Legendary Treasures or Heroics
Key Master, I mean Trap Master gates.
The release schedule of the Trap Masters. Some elements had both Trap Masters released before others had one (Magic, Light, Dark)

That's my short list.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#24 Posted: 05:56:36 21/04/2015
Playtime messed up.
No Battle Mode.
No Heroic Challenges.
No Quests.
Too much Villains.
Most new Skylanders are too powerful compared to some older ones.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#25 Posted: 08:01:41 21/04/2015
No toy quests
No accolades
Chapters too short
Apart from being able to trap and play as villains, the gameplay isn't any different from other games.
Persephone.
Having to buy 9 £15 figures just to open element gates.
Flynn's flanderisation.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#26 Posted: 12:30:06 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Iganagor

Why care about the derp bird?

Well, I decided to get a Power Punch Pet-Vac, because 1.He's pretty cute, and 2.I didn't want the Easter Bunny because no in-game difference, and 3.I wanted my very first variant, and I already had/have a version of Eruptor.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me