darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive (Comic Prequel, Out Now!)
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders: Rift into Overdrive (Comic Prequel, Out Now!)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#51 Posted: 23:05:16 20/04/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks
Does the return of malefor come as a single comic, or a fun pak?
If it comes as a single comic i will get the book.

Single comic for each part(first one released last month,next one getting released wednesday) and full arc in Hardcover in the middle of the year. You can also read them digitally.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#52 Posted: 00:24:08 21/04/2015
anyone else hyped about this more than they should be
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#53 Posted: 01:00:45 21/04/2015
^ VERY much!
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#54 Posted: 03:15:26 21/04/2015
What appears positive to me is that there's a lot of potential good story telling and twists and turns if we're talking about a dimension rift. Outside of that, not sure I have much to add...so as I said...gameplay, story and content...FIRST.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:17:46 21/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#55 Posted: 03:18:11 21/04/2015
soooo has the site been taken down? coz the links not working for me anymore lol.

Activision were doing so well with basically no leaks lol.

I really do hope its time rift, that would be amazing . Definately endless potential. with all the character origins and like a billion years of skylands history to visit.

dimension rift would just look like like it was copying lego. but if it was mirror mystery dimension i would be happy.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:19:40 21/04/2015 by wild_defender
#56 Posted: 03:20:12 21/04/2015
That's true...but whatever it is...if it opens up potential for different interesting gameplay and content...I'm game...copy or not. Can you imagine a segment of the game with a fleshed out mirror of mystery done right? Something a bit darker so we know we actually have a villain would be appreciated.

Time/Dimension based skylanders that can change time itself or do things that impact the level you're on so it's like playing different levels, each uncovering something cool and different? hmmm.....
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:23:24 21/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#57 Posted: 03:34:31 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah the page's been taken down.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SodaPopHD Gold Sparx Gems: 2023
#58 Posted: 03:37:34 21/04/2015
AWESOME AURA!
---
"Sarcasm is like punching someone in the face, but with words."
"You're not ugly. You're a beautiful monkey."
JOIN THE CAUSE TO SAVE DITTO!
#59 Posted: 03:37:44 21/04/2015
Who knows it could be both time and dimension rifts. sometimes they get screwed up together coz they are kinda the same thing in some theories.

if they do the lego thing(1 game but continue to add expansions), it could easily be the best skylanders game ever with the amount of potential and content any of these ideas have.
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#60 Posted: 03:40:18 21/04/2015
Overdrive Skylanders maybe? (Idk how that would work though)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#61 Posted: 03:57:53 21/04/2015
Hopefully it's not a pun ( I think puns the right word lol ) .

"Rift into Over drive " better not imply racing game lol . Coz it's kinda sounds like it could lol .
---
#62 Posted: 04:24:53 21/04/2015
Lego Ripoff or Super Mario Kart Ripoff....decisions, decisions.
#63 Posted: 11:38:11 21/04/2015
Well, VV has a very literal pun convention - spend enough time seeing enemy introductions and you'll notice they were okay with describing things they do as their actual names or puns that mean exactly what their powers are (I'll never let them live down Mineminer), so who knows.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#64 Posted: 14:30:36 21/04/2015
Okay, so to everyone thinking that our trapped villains won't be playable because Kaos supposedly escaped his trap... What if you can still play as the villains, but just not Kaos on your first playthrough until you re-trap him? Personally I think this'd be a great idea, because Kaos is perhaps the most overpowered villain, and if you could use him off the bat of the first level it'd just make the game way too easy.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#65 Posted: 14:48:08 21/04/2015
Same applies to a evolved Golden Queen or Wolfgang. Kaos might have the unlimited timer but a lot of villains have ridiculous damage from their most basic attacks.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#66 Posted: 15:22:04 21/04/2015
True. But at least it's not that you can infinitely use them without a glitch.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#67 Posted: 19:56:27 21/04/2015
My only question to recapture Kaos is how if he were to escape the trap (assuming that is part of this story) what else can you use to trap him if the even the best trapping method didn't stop him

I am have huge feeling we're gonna have a huge change of scene when the Skylanders go to find whatever stop Kaos and also the obvious interest of characters what creative ideas will they come up with now it should be getting harder and harder with all the ideas already used to make fresh new ones or maybe not.
---
POPSMARTS!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:20 21/04/2015 by Reverse0456
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#68 Posted: 22:03:50 21/04/2015
What I'm hoping is that Kaos' father comes into the mix to avenge his son's captivity and attempts to free his wife, Kaos' mother, from that mirror-thing we left her in.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#69 Posted: 22:10:44 21/04/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed
What I'm hoping is that Kaos' father comes into the mix to avenge his son's captivity and attempts to free his wife, Kaos' mother, from that mirror-thing we left her in.

C'mon, let that nameless(Kaos' mom is not a name) character in the mirror where she can't shoehorn her way into spotlight. Not to mention that if Kaos coming back for the umpteenth time isn't enough, getting more people from his family is just lazy. Plenty of evildoers in Skylands that don't need to be human, plot hole causing PMs, or be in some way Kaos' character with a twist.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:07 21/04/2015 by Bifrost
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#70 Posted: 22:15:13 21/04/2015
Is there an image???
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#71 Posted: 22:15:44 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
No, there is no image.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#72 Posted: 22:28:56 21/04/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed

What if: Kaos' father is actually a REALLY BAD guy and disowned kaos because of his lack of evil potential? What if that's why kaos is so hell-bent on taking over, to get his evil dad's approval? What if kaos' mom actually believed in Kaos' potential, and divorced his dad because the argument and disownment OF HER OWN SON ruined their evil relationship? What if during SWAP Force, Kaos' Mom (Who still believed in him) came to help him so she could get back with her husband? What if, in the 5th game, Kaos' dad impersonates kaos, banished him and his mom to some place, and uses powers to destroy the land his son was obsessed over? What if at the end it's revealed that sky 5's kaos was his dad all along, and they must fight him to get back to the routine? What if this theory is turned into another theory about a child trying to "grow up", and the dad represents adulthood, and the mom represents fond memories? And what if that theory is made into a theory that skylanders is nothing more than a Child's struggle?

deep.
#73 Posted: 22:34:57 21/04/2015
Because none of that is even close to Kaos' mom and Kaos' personalities?
Not to say that Kaos' mom has any of interest,if they followed the Giants guide she wouldn't even be a PM. She outright says several times she thinks Kaos doesn't have what it takes(even if she does the same mistakes or even worse than he does).
Skylands is also confirmed to be TFB's world for them to mess with in the TT credits.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:07 21/04/2015 by Bifrost
#74 Posted: 23:28:15 21/04/2015
You guys need to stop freaking out about trap support. Until we have news that they actually arnt supported, assume they are. We have no reason to believe they won't be forward compatible yet.

You probably won't even care once Sky 5 is released coz villains might not be that entertaining/ strong anymore, or they'll be segmented into an arena villain mode or Sky 5 won't recognise TT villains coz they got put in proper prison again and you'll just Have to catch new villains to play as.

It's not a big deal, and the writers can make up any excuse for how Kaos is free from his trap, it's not difficult. Or It could simply be a prequel game to SA or something.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:36:58 21/04/2015 by wild_defender
#75 Posted: 23:43:45 21/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: wild_defender
It's not a big deal, and the writers can make up any excuse for how Kaos is free from his trap, it's not difficult. Or It could simply be a prequel game to SA or something.

What? By the summary, and its release date, it's confirmed to be a prequel to the next Skylanders game, wild.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:21 21/04/2015 by Aura24
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#76 Posted: 06:29:46 22/04/2015
Quote: Aura24

What? By the summary, and its release date, it's confirmed to be a prequel to the next Skylanders game, wild.

I think he meant that the actual game would take place before SA.
Well it would be a nice way to drop the support of figures from Giants onward.

Unless the "rift" influenced time too...
Hhhhm...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:30:30 22/04/2015 by Drek95
Gold_guardian Gold Sparx Gems: 2370
#77 Posted: 17:46:31 22/04/2015
Urg not Kaos again, the dude is a total joke as a Villain by this point after being beaten in more and more humiliating fashion four times. I wouldn't mind if they used him again at a later date but at least give him a rest for a while and use someone else for a bit in a main game.

What was the point of the return of malefor storyline in the comics if Malefor isn't actually going to return in the games? Now there is an intimidating bad guy. His redesign for Skylanders is amazing and it'd be cool if he got an actual figure

[User Posted Image]
---
~Canadian~
#78 Posted: 18:00:07 22/04/2015
Because David and Ron wanted to follow up with Champions using the characters' backstories or simply felt like it? The former might be VV's writer and in ROTDK2 visibly enjoyed writing Malefor but that doesn't mean he can use whoever as a villain,Activision is the one that has the say in that probably.
---
#79 Posted: 18:17:14 22/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Malefor's debut in Skylanders was gone over by Activision and IDW Publishing only, not any of of the Skylander game developers.
---
#80 Posted: 22:14:31 22/04/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Aura24

I think he meant that the actual game would take place before SA.
Well it would be a nice way to drop the support of figures from Giants onward.

Unless the "rift" influenced time too...
Hhhhm...

Well I was thinking time rift. You just need a 30 second clip saying your portal can transfer through time then that's kind of it. You can use wat ever figures you want.

You don't actually have to drop characters to do a prequel iether. The games arnt that consistent story wise so they could just literally ignore the logical incompatibility . They really don't seem stressed anymore about creating a coherent world and only die hard fans would notice.
---
#81 Posted: 22:24:34 22/04/2015
Yeah,screw storyline! Who cares, it's a kids' game,we're not striving for QUALITY or LOGIC here!Let's ignore the fact anyone with taste might be buying those games!

Also the very first story scroll of the series mention portals can be used to travel through time. Though in TT the Doom Raiders thought more literally and stuck a portal master to the Clock of Skylands, there's probably an easier way that's been lost to the ages since Time Town is supposed to be a secret place. And since explosions already released two entire elements from their dimensions, you just need a bigger boom to open rifts in the time-space continuum in this canon.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:25:08 22/04/2015 by Bifrost
#82 Posted: 22:44:47 22/04/2015
I agree with Bifrost.

Even if some Skylanders like the Giants or the Trap Masters were probably known even before their debut while others are relatively new they never appeared in older games.
So it wouldn't make sense for them to be playable in potential prequels along with the original Skylanders.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#83 Posted: 23:48:35 22/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah,screw storyline! Who cares, it's a kids' game,we're not striving for QUALITY or LOGIC here!Let's ignore the fact anyone with taste might be buying those games!

Also the very first story scroll of the series mention portals can be used to travel through time. Though in TT the Doom Raiders thought more literally and stuck a portal master to the Clock of Skylands, there's probably an easier way that's been lost to the ages since Time Town is supposed to be a secret place. And since explosions already released two entire elements from their dimensions, you just need a bigger boom to open rifts in the time-space continuum in this canon.

If time portals truly can be opened in Skylands we are going to end up with an even more confusing timeline than Zelda's timeline...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#84 Posted: 23:56:09 22/04/2015
Maybe the plot is like Sonic Unleashed and these rifts are just ripping Skylands apart.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:25:59 23/04/2015 by spyrocrash
#85 Posted: 23:59:36 22/04/2015
Zelda's timeline isn't THAT confusing now that there's official confirmation.Some games happen, Hero of Time splits it into three, and the games go from there. The real problem is finding where which game ends up at.

Because of Eruptor Meets the Nightmare King,though, some changes are permanent and some aren't. It's hard to tell the extent of what time travel's effects since they only changed that Nefarion was destroyed under ice to having escaped but lost the Mask of Power anyway. It's definately not completely stable,though - Someone with the book could probably confirm but the skylanders find themselves in the timeline where Kaos froze them in the past but they had yet to fade from reality or create a paradox because they fixed that despite still having themselves as ice sculptures.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:21 23/04/2015 by Bifrost
#86 Posted: 02:33:21 23/04/2015

Quote: Drek95
I agree with Bifrost.

Even if some Skylanders like the Giants or the Trap Masters were probably known even before their debut while others are relatively new they never appeared in older games.
So it wouldn't make sense for them to be playable in potential prequels along with the original Skylanders.

Im not saying its what i would prefer, i'd definatley rather the game designed a world where every era fit together in its cool little way.

The games don't have to follow rules though . The very first level of Giants is set 10,000 years ago. You were playing through it based on the memory of Eon too better understand the Arkeyans, yet you could still use modern day skylanders. They could easily make a bunch of levels or even a whole game like this . E.g. Play through Eons memories to find out the secret of Kaos' new weapon or something. To then come back to the present and destroy it.

There's ways to write "realistic" stories around anything.

But really if for example in a couple of years they remade Spyros adventure and allowed any character to be used in it, would you be that outraged that the game didnt make perfect chronological sense anymore? or would you just get over it ?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:02:47 23/04/2015 by wild_defender
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#87 Posted: 04:12:19 23/04/2015
Hmmmmmmmm... interesting. Overdrive...could this really be what I think it is?????? smilie YES PLEASE! Let me tell your the story of Skylanders 4

I had really wanted a new skylanders game where I got to play as the bad guys. I had wanted it SO BADLY. Which is the main reason WHY I LOVE TT.

Now, if this is what I think it is, it could blow my mind. You see, ever since TT came out I started thinking.

Hmmmm, I really want a skylanders racing game. I would call it SKYLANDERS RACING!, but, that is my super uncreative self. But, I would think that overdrive....hmmm....overdrive, OVERDRIVE! Now, if I think I know what overdrive means, it is usually related to racing. And this whole thing would be a perfect money making oppurtunity, making the gimmick landers ride cars or something? Maybe last year's toy fair, Toy Fair 2014, where the leaked mega block sets for TT were displayed. Now right there I saw cars. CARS. Maybe they were not supposed to show that yet and accidently let it slip or something. IDK. But then again, that is just a theory. A GAME THEORY! Thanks for listening.

Quote: Meriam English Dictionary
1. A gearing mechanism of a motor vehicle engine that reduces the power output required to maintain driving speed in a specific range by lowering the gear ratio.
---
Spread those positive vibes
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:15:05 23/04/2015 by WilltheWizard
moamahrimatoro Green Sparx Gems: 393
#88 Posted: 10:43:50 23/04/2015
http://diamondbookdistributors...s=712&ai=162562

SKYLANDERS: RIFT INTO OVERDRIVE (978-1-63140-412-2, $12.99)
-Kids graphic novel based on the #1 selling game.-Follows up to Skylanders: Kaos Trap and Skylanders: Champions.

I found this.
#89 Posted: 11:58:32 23/04/2015

Im not saying its what i would prefer, i'd definatley rather the game designed a world where every era fit together in its cool little way.

The games don't have to follow rules though . The very first level of Giants is set 10,000 years ago. You were playing through it based on the memory of Eon too better understand the Arkeyans, yet you could still use modern day skylanders. They could easily make a bunch of levels or even a whole game like this . E.g. Play through Eons memories to find out the secret of Kaos' new weapon or something. To then come back to the present and destroy it.

There's ways to write "realistic" stories around anything.

But really if for example in a couple of years they remade Spyros adventure and allowed any character to be used in it, would you be that outraged that the game didnt make perfect chronological sense anymore? or would you just get over it ?

A remake? Eh, there are worse things to get mad at, plus the money speaks louder. Going back to SSA levels for no reason? The laziness would be too hard to ignore.
The main problem isn't that we can't have flashback and timeline levels - those are fine! The problem is just having been there normally clearly opening a huge plot hole. Ignoring a clear story line,even if ends up in a stable loop where the world already acts like they've gone back in time, is the kind of thing I expect from a crappy kids' show that's just there to fill schedule, not an AAA game.

And the new comic follows up on the first two arcs and not Return of the Dragon King or A Light in the Dark. That's two sadfaces for me.
---
#90 Posted: 13:09:31 23/04/2015
Quote: moamahrimatoro

-Kids graphic novel based on the #1 selling game.-Follows up to Skylanders: Kaos Trap and Skylanders: Champions.

I found this.

Is Skylanders: Champions a comic book?
If not could this be the title of the next game?
---
#91 Posted: 13:18:27 23/04/2015
No,it's not the title of the next game,it's a three-part comic arc that came before Return of the Dragon King. Kaos Trap was the very first one. It also has very little canon relevance since it's just stories about some guy that got Legendary armor, unless maybe the Sky Train being opened meaning Cloudbreak Islands is easily acessible from now on.
---
#92 Posted: 17:07:33 23/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: moamahrimatoro

I found this.

Is Skylanders: Champions a comic book?
If not could this be the title of the next game?

Nope, it's the name of a comic bundle that contains comic issues 4-7, takes place before the Dragon King story arc.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#93 Posted: 21:11:33 23/04/2015
...Kaos again? -.-
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#94 Posted: 06:01:59 26/04/2015
Sounds like Skylanders 5 might be the last in the series, or the Kaos Arc?
---
words. letters. filler.
#95 Posted: 10:14:09 26/04/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Sounds like Skylanders 5 might be the last in the series, or the Kaos Arc?

Could be the last game featuring Kaos as the main villain.
HIGHLY doubt it will be the last game in the series.

Why would they stop there if not for economic problems (and I font think this is the case)?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#96 Posted: 11:36:10 26/04/2015
this comic leak really makes me think the comic book stories that are occurring around and within each game are actually real and fit into the timeline.

If this next main lot of comics is the prequel to the next game. Maybe all this recent stuff that the comics had with Malefor ( destroying skylanders academy etc ) is real.

I don't think they'd create an alternate reality just for the malefor comics just so he could destroy skylanders academy when all the other comics have made sense to the game world. I just dont believe they would purposely confuse readers by having made some comics fit into the games happenings and others that don't. And the audience is a bit young to have a bunch of different realities being described at the same time like Xmen etc.

My new belief is that the comics contain the real skylands history and present events And that the games fill in main events between them. I don't think this Malefor stuff will be the focus of the next game but it could be set before Malefor destroys the academy's or significantly after that. Iether way I think it will all tie together.
---
#97 Posted: 12:03:44 26/04/2015
this comic leak really makes me think the comic book stories that are occurring around and within each game are actually real and fit into the timeline.

If this next main lot of comics is the prequel to the next game. Maybe all this recent stuff that the comics had with Malefor ( destroying skylanders academy etc ) is real.

I don't think they'd create an alternate reality just for the malefor comics just so he could destroy skylanders academy when all the other comics have made sense to the game world. I just dont believe they would purposely confuse readers by having made some comics fit into the games happenings and others that don't. And the audience is a bit young to have a bunch of different realities being described at the same time like Xmen etc.

My new belief is that the comics contain the real skylands history and present events And that the games fill in main events between them. I don't think this Malefor stuff will be the focus of the next game but it could be set before Malefor destroys the academy's or significantly after that. Iether way I think it will all tie together.

Or the new game could open with a cut scene of Malfor destroying the academy.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#98 Posted: 12:10:34 26/04/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Or the new game could open with a cut scene of Malfor destroying the academy.

What would be the point of it?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#99 Posted: 13:47:02 26/04/2015
Guys,Eon's Citadel took less than a year to be entirely rebuilt. Malefor only managed to destroy the left side of the Academy before Spyro and co. got his attention, considering the buildings just shot themselves from the main hall probably as long as Mags puts spare parts it'll get fixed quickly. It's not an alternate reality, just really foggy canon placement since Kaos Trap is a prequel, Mini but Mighty and RotDK are after TT, and Champions is unknown because we don't know when the last Legendary championship took place. All of those things DID happen, but a bit of acceptable breaks from reality are needed to actually be able to up the stakes without having the main game writers take note of everything destroyed in the side comics.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#100 Posted: 14:13:18 26/04/2015
Guys,Eon's Citadel took less than a year to be entirely rebuilt. Malefor only managed to destroy the left side of the Academy before Spyro and co. got his attention, considering the buildings just shot themselves from the main hall probably as long as Mags puts spare parts it'll get fixed quickly. It's not an alternate reality, just really foggy canon placement since Kaos Trap is a prequel, Mini but Mighty and RotDK are after TT, and Champions is unknown because we don't know when the last Legendary championship took place. All of those things DID happen, but a bit of acceptable breaks from reality are needed to actually be able to up the stakes without having the main game writers take note of everything destroyed in the side comics.

THANK YOU!. Clearly the comics are canon.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me