Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Disney Infinity 3.0 Topic: Rest In Peace, Disney Infinity (2013-2016)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24
The Disney Infinity 3.0 Topic: Rest In Peace, Disney Infinity (2013-2016)
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#101 Posted: 23:22:31 04/05/2015
I put in a suggestion today onto the forums though I doubt my response will be nice.
But honestly when I first purchased the original Playset I thought we'd be able to create our levels and put the characters we purchased in them.

I would really like to create levels and stories with the characters I purchased, put levels and games online for people to play and have choose some characters for the players to interact with or fight.
I don't know why this wasn't allowed in the first place. For now most of us i think are just going to buy the characters we actually like.
With my suggestion then we purchase the characters to be allowed to add them to our levels, creating characters we can fight or socialize within our worlds.
We could create actual adventures that they are too lazy to create and not dumb down the characters to a cute blocky character.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#102 Posted: 15:00:48 05/05/2015
Quote: Squid7201
After this, forget Skylanders. I am all over that 3.0 starter pack. This game looks to be one of the most promising (even though we don't know hardly anything) this year. Although I completely agree, where the heck is the Original trilogy!!! Who really cares about Anikan and Asokha!

So it hardly looks promising at all?
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#103 Posted: 16:45:04 05/05/2015
EDIT: I've no idea how i can link a YT video directly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnU4CTCa3Dc
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:47:21 05/05/2015 by Jeriba
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#104 Posted: 17:13:15 05/05/2015
Quote: Jeriba
EDIT: I've no idea how i can link a YT video directly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnU4CTCa3Dc

like this:

OMG...OMG...OMG.../breath.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#105 Posted: 17:44:43 05/05/2015
five play sets........nice
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#106 Posted: 17:53:20 05/05/2015
Ok... Looks like Han, Luke, Leia, Chewy, Vader, Darth Maul, Yoda, & Clone Wars Obi Wan are definitely confirmed. Grevious is possible from the still, but could still be an NPC too.

@skylandersspyro, where did you hear 5? I just see potential confirmation of 2 for Star Wars, 1 original trilogy era, 1 clone wars era. Then Inside Out probably has one with 5 characters. What are the other 2?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#107 Posted: 18:17:16 05/05/2015
What was revealed in the Game Informer trailer? I can't turn the sound on right now (but I did watch it without sound in case there was gameplay/figures, which there was).

Also, I hope Grievous is playable. He's my favourite Star Wars character, and one of my favourite fictional characters altogether.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#108 Posted: 18:21:43 05/05/2015
Gameplay Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGNoVj_4zE4
#109 Posted: 18:22:54 05/05/2015

lol you keep beating me:

New Toy Box T.V.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:07 05/05/2015 by Tigorus
#110 Posted: 18:24:55 05/05/2015
Yeah, anytime I will learn it ... or never smilie

thx
#111 Posted: 18:31:31 05/05/2015
Yeah, anytime I will learn it ... or never smilie

thx

Hit the "Share" button and it will give you the coding. Then paste the link in your post editing panel. After that select the code and press the "youtube" button and it will add youtube tags enabling the video player interface for your post.

Here are somehighlights I picked out of the GameInformer article:

Disney Infinity 3.0 isn’t just tossing in a wookiee and a few new playsets and calling it a day, either. Avalanche has reexamined fundamental parts of its core game and is working with best-in-class developers to ensure that Infinity is as good as it can be. Ninja Theory has retuned melee combat, adjusting the timing and adding depth for advanced players. After all, you want to feel powerful when you’re wielding a light saber. Sumo Digital (Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing) has taken Infinity’s driving gameplay to the shop, tweaking the handling and drifting to provide a smoother experience. That’s key, considering one of the new Toy Box games is a kart racer. Those tweaks carry over into the Toy Box, which means legacy characters like Hulk and Mr. Incredible benefit as well.

Another Star Wars playset is coming this winter based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There are also sets based on Pixar’s Inside Out – with figures based on Joy, Disgust, Anger, Fear, and Sadness – and one from United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs) focused on Marvel characters including Hulkbuster Iron Man, Ultron, and more. Additional figures for Disney Infinity 3.0 include Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron: Legacy, Mulan, Olaf, and more. The Toy Box is getting special attention, too, with the addition of an updated hub world, toys for new players and experts, and the addition of an all-new farming system. May the pitchforks be with you.

We’ve got the behind-the-scenes story on every facet of the game’s development, and you’re only going to read about it in Game Informer’s June issue. Disney Infinity 3.0 is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, iOS, and Android this fall. The Starter Pack is priced at $64.99. A new batch of Power Discs are also coming, with a twist: They won't be in blind bags anymore. You can see what you're getting before you buy them.

No more blind bags, tweaked and enhanced gameplay, new gaming systems like refined racing and, if the trailers are any indication, space combat!!!! Crap just got real. They could have just copy and pasted 2.0 with Star Wars and sold millions yet they further refined it and added more. Skylanders needs to step it up this time around...now more than ever.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:57:18 05/05/2015 by Tigorus
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#112 Posted: 19:27:26 05/05/2015
Where's Ariel? I hope we'll get to see her soon.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#113 Posted: 20:28:43 05/05/2015
Quote:
There will be three Star Wars Play sets which will be released this winter.:

Twilight of the Republic, set in the Episodes 1-3 timeline
Rise Against the Empire, set during the original trilogy
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, based on the new movie

this maybe worth picking up just for the star wars....

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:51 05/05/2015 by CountMoneyBone
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#114 Posted: 20:33:07 05/05/2015
Still doesn't look good to me. If they add something besides Star Wars then I might care again.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#115 Posted: 20:38:01 05/05/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Still doesn't look good to me. If they add something besides Star Wars then I might care again.

lol like what? I'm ecstatic that Star Wars is finally making it into the Infinity Universe. That being said I would LOVE a Tron themed play set. I mean hell where is Ton himself? We are getting Sam a Quorra but the franchise is called "Tron" and yet he remains absent. Ohhhh a Tron Uprising play set would be sick.
#116 Posted: 20:57:08 05/05/2015
Quote: Tigorus

lol like what? I'm ecstatic that Star Wars is finally making it into the Infinity Universe. That being said I would LOVE a Tron themed play set. I mean hell where is Ton himself? We are getting Sam a Quorra but the franchise is called "Tron" and yet he remains absent. Ohhhh a Tron Uprising play set would be sick.

Have you been paying attention to the Infinity games? Oh yey, Star Wars, but what about actual Disney? A Tron playset would be cool, but like hell is that happening. As much as we want it, they're going to mostly ignore their roots to go for some other thing. 1 was Pixar, 2 was Marvel, and now it's Star Wars. The only actual Disney movie to get a playset is Pirates of the Carribean. (before you bring up Lone Ranger, that movie is based on a radio series from the 30's and doesn't originate from Disney)

Even then, when we do get Disney stuff, core characters from the given series are ignored for a handful of characters to try to balance it out in a failed attempt. Peter Pan only got a Tinker Bell figure in 2.0, why should Tron appear for Tron? On top of that, Maleficent is the only representative for Sleeping Beauty, not even Aurora herself; which they didn't even base it on Sleeping Beauty and instead made it an obvious marketing attempt towards the live action movie choosing the Angelina Jolie design instead of trying to please more Disney fans with the classic one. Phineas & Ferb lacks Ferb despite a pre-release vid that briefly shows him, and it took until 3.0 for us to finally get Mickey in his core form rather than Fantasia Mickey.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#117 Posted: 21:01:24 05/05/2015
Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars Trailer & Starter Pack Analysis
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#118 Posted: 21:38:03 05/05/2015
Quote: Seiki

Have you been paying attention to the Infinity games? Oh yey, Star Wars, but what about actual Disney? A Tron playset would be cool, but like hell is that happening. As much as we want it, they're going to mostly ignore their roots to go for some other thing. 1 was Pixar, 2 was Marvel, and now it's Star Wars. The only actual Disney movie to get a playset is Pirates of the Carribean. (before you bring up Lone Ranger, that movie is based on a radio series from the 30's and doesn't originate from Disney)

Even then, when we do get Disney stuff, core characters from the given series are ignored for a handful of characters to try to balance it out in a failed attempt. Peter Pan only got a Tinker Bell figure in 2.0, why should Tron appear for Tron? On top of that, Maleficent is the only representative for Sleeping Beauty, not even Aurora herself; which they didn't even base it on Sleeping Beauty and instead made it an obvious marketing attempt towards the live action movie choosing the Angelina Jolie design instead of trying to please more Disney fans with the classic one. Phineas & Ferb lacks Ferb despite a pre-release vid that briefly shows him, and it took until 3.0 for us to finally get Mickey in his core form rather than Fantasia Mickey.

Well they are working on a sequel to Tron Legacy so I'm betting we get a Tron play set then. In regards to Tinker Bell, she has like five movies with her name in the billing so it's still relevant. Same with Male...she had her own movie that wasn't called Sleeping Beauty so again, relevant. I totally agree with you on Ferb...it's unforgivable that's he's still missing (I also want/need the Doof!!!). There are still plenty of characters I'd like to see but they are mainly sticking to the media relevant characters for the play sets and figures. I would love to see the Gravity Falls characters finally make it over too.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#119 Posted: 21:47:25 05/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I feel that if they felt should have added in another charcter from a francise in 1.0 it should have been ferb then olaf but who knows hopefuly he comes this year.

Edit read this if this is true then this gonna top the others quick https://twitter.com/ThePirateS...703982426849280
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:51:02 05/05/2015 by Skylanders fan
#120 Posted: 22:00:02 05/05/2015

Well they are working on a sequel to Tron Legacy so I'm betting we get a Tron play set then. In regards to Tinker Bell, she has like five movies with her name in the billing so it's still relevant. Same with Male...she had her own movie that wasn't called Sleeping Beauty so again, relevant. I totally agree with you on Ferb...it's unforgivable that's he's still missing (I also want/need the Doof!!!). There are still plenty of characters I'd like to see but they are mainly sticking to the media relevant characters for the play sets and figures. I would love to see the Gravity Falls characters finally make it over too.

Yes, they are relevant, but the point remains, they are still ignoring their roots for the most part. For a game called DISNEY Infinity, it feels like it's focused on everything but Disney itself. Another example being Wreck-It Ralph, didn't get a playset back in 1.0 and only had Ralph & Vanellope, no Felix or Calhoun. Also, as relevant as Maleficent was at the time, why not give her a playset and include Aurora and Prince Phillip? Same for Frozen back in 1.0. As much as it blew up in terms of popularity, why isn't there a playset? Instead only Anna & Elsa, not even Olaf or Kristoff. Though Olaf is supposed to come in 3.0 the point remains of why didn't it happen back in 1.0 with a playset for them?
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#121 Posted: 22:07:13 05/05/2015
Looks interesting, to be fully honest. We'll see where this goes.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#122 Posted: 22:16:54 05/05/2015

Yes, they are relevant, but the point remains, they are still ignoring their roots for the most part. For a game called DISNEY Infinity, it feels like it's focused on everything but Disney itself. Another example being Wreck-It Ralph, didn't get a playset back in 1.0 and only had Ralph & Vanellope, no Felix or Calhoun. Also, as relevant as Maleficent was at the time, why not give her a playset and include Aurora and Prince Phillip? Same for Frozen back in 1.0. As much as it blew up in terms of popularity, why isn't there a playset? Instead only Anna & Elsa, not even Olaf or Kristoff. Though Olaf is supposed to come in 3.0 the point remains of why didn't it happen back in 1.0 with a playset for them?

I agree 100%. I was livid when I found out Wreck-it-Ralph didn't have a plat set. It's based on a video game movie for crying out loud!!! No Frozen play set made even less since considering it's social and fiscal relevance. I honestly don't know why they make some of the decisions they make. We go some Jungle Book themed discs yet no characters. Why didn't Big Hero 6 get more figures and a play set? I think they are taking a big risk with play sets like Inside Out that aren't tested yet when the fans are practically screaming for the core franchises. I think we'll finally see aquatic figures when next years "Finding Dory" comes out. Then they can add the Nemo line up as well as Ariel and company while focusing on the under water theme...maybe add some Atlantis figures since we got the toy box theme in 2.0. I mean hell look how deep they cut into Cars in 1.0 yet the Cars set and characters didn't sell so well (at least based on shelf evidence). I think they need to dig a little deeper and get some more old school franchises. Start with some Toy Box only charters, gauge interest then add an old school play set based on the theme of what ever sold the best.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#123 Posted: 22:17:36 05/05/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro

What's the point of 5 playsets if they are all mediocre like in 2.0?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#124 Posted: 23:10:31 05/05/2015
Quote: mantez
Quote: skylandersspyro

What's the point of 5 playsets if they are all mediocre like in 2.0?

Well with them seemingly having a different developer for each play set I have hope.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#125 Posted: 23:22:52 05/05/2015
Ultron and Hulk buster.... Buying. Buying so much.
#126 Posted: 23:36:05 05/05/2015
Quote: ZapNorris
Ultron and Hulk buster.... Buying. Buying so much.

If they do make it an "Age of Ultron" set I would also expect Vision as well.
#127 Posted: 00:06:39 06/05/2015
I'm getting this game.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#128 Posted: 00:28:17 06/05/2015
I'm getting this game.

me too.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#129 Posted: 00:39:45 06/05/2015
I'm getting this game.

DAMMIT ZAP!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#130 Posted: 01:21:04 06/05/2015 | Topic Creator
My guess Vision,Quicksilver,and Scarlet Witch will be in AOU playset along with Ant Man and Daredevil as toy box only with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the playset.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#131 Posted: 02:10:57 06/05/2015
Boba Fett. Grievous. (Chanting) Boba Fett! Grievous! BOBA FETT! GRIEVOUS!
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#132 Posted: 04:39:45 06/05/2015
That all sounds nice - I know, nice is the little brother of ... -, but on the other side I'am a little bit disappointed. Nothing against the Avengers, I like the MCU movies, and it's good to see that they make finally something for the old characters, but why not a F4 or X-Men Play Set? Or a second Disney Play Set? I don't know if we'll have a second animation movie in this year. But they had enough classic movies. In this year is for the example the 25th anniversary of The Black Cauldron or while we're on fantasy why not a Narnia set, or if we'll already have space or scifi play sets why not one from The Black Hole or John Carter? Just a few examples. I think that anyone here has their own wishes or perceptions.

5 Play Sets are better than 3, but I would have no problem if they would make 6 or 8 in every year. And preferably a crossover play set like Epic Mickey or Kingdom Hearts for all the old and new characters. The game discs are nice, but no replacement for a far too few play sets.

But that all is grumble on a high level.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:41:18 06/05/2015 by Jeriba
#133 Posted: 05:03:14 06/05/2015
That all sounds nice - I know, nice is the little brother of ... -, but on the other side I'am a little bit disappointed. Nothing against the Avengers, I like the MCU movies, and it's good to see that they make finally something for the old characters, but why not a F4 or X-Men Play Set? Or a second Disney Play Set? I don't know if we'll have a second animation movie in this year. But they had enough classic movies. In this year is for the example the 25th anniversary of The Black Cauldron or while we're on fantasy why not a Narnia set, or if we'll already have space or scifi play sets why not one from The Black Hole or John Carter? Just a few examples. I think that anyone here has their own wishes or perceptions.

5 Play Sets are better than 3, but I would have no problem if they would make 6 or 8 in every year. And preferably a crossover play set like Epic Mickey or Kingdom Hearts for all the old and new characters. The game discs are nice, but no replacement for a far too few play sets.

But that all is grumble on a high level.

I would love a KH playset or even some representation in DI, but that will never happen unfortunately. KH is a collaboration with Square Enix and it'll come down to a split in rights and they wouldn't be able to use certain key things without SE's permission like Sora, the keyblade, or any FF characters. Heck, idk if they could even use Mickey, Donald, or Goofy in their KH outfits as Nomura might technically own the rights to that design.

Also... read this as to why F4 and X-Men are unlikely. It mostly involves a couple card games, but still holds some key points. This thread on another forum has a lot of debate and speculation on the matter too. Some of which is true. While it is possible those 2 series could appear, it is currently highly unlikely given what's going on. Frankly, I'm annoyed by it as I was hoping for Invisible Woman in the dice masters series as she's the only one they didn't make and it feels incomplete without her.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#134 Posted: 09:10:38 06/05/2015
Quote:
but why not a F4 or X-Men Play Set?

Fox owns the rights.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#135 Posted: 11:54:00 06/05/2015
FOX only owns the movie rights but Disney obviously doesn't want to produce figures and playsets if they don't make the movies in their own studios.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#136 Posted: 13:05:12 06/05/2015
im looking at Disney Infinity 3.0 as a pure star wars game now. it have its official star wars pack with a star wars play set included. then there is two more star wars play set to get. all star wars figurines can be used in any of the star wars play sets... the two other extra play sets is just a complete different thing, and not needed at all.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#137 Posted: 14:18:30 06/05/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
im looking at Disney Infinity 3.0 as a pure star wars game now. it have its official star wars pack with a star wars play set included. then there is two more star wars play set to get. all star wars figurines can be used in any of the star wars play sets... the two other extra play sets is just a complete different thing, and not needed at all.

lol how weird is it going to be to play Darth Vader vs. Grievous or Play as Yoda in The Force Awakens...lol...I'm so glad they decided to do this. It will literally be like replaying your favorite Star Wars moments with who ever you want.
#138 Posted: 16:33:38 06/05/2015
I'll be buying

Ultron
Hulkbuster

Luke
Leia
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Darth Maul
Yoda

Sam Flynn
Olaf
All the Inside Outs
#139 Posted: 16:36:22 06/05/2015
Zap.....I thought you where done with DI.......
---
#140 Posted: 16:38:16 06/05/2015
I was.... Until they announced the changes. I'm VERY excited for the structured toy box modes and playsets.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#141 Posted: 17:01:35 06/05/2015
Does anyone here have an Infinity Guru account?
---
You can't handle MEMES
#142 Posted: 17:04:27 06/05/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'm rather interested now, and not just because of Star Wars either.

oh snap!
#143 Posted: 17:12:32 06/05/2015
Well...... I'M INTERESTED TOO!

MAYBE I'LL GET IT!
---
#144 Posted: 19:52:24 06/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'm rather interested now, and not just because of Star Wars either.

oh snap!

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Well...... I'M INTERESTED TOO!

MAYBE I'LL GET IT!

Its great to see more people enjoy what looks like a great game.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#145 Posted: 21:00:52 06/05/2015
Eeehhhh... I hope that they adjust the prices. That'll be my deciding factor on whether I'll be buying any of these or not.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#146 Posted: 00:00:47 07/05/2015
Here's a link to a new "Meet the developers" interview provided by Game Informer. It's not on youtube yet. It has space combat!!!!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...s-new-toys.aspx
#147 Posted: 11:46:51 07/05/2015
Here's a link to a new "Meet the developers" interview provided by Game Informer. It's not on youtube yet. It has space combat!!!!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...s-new-toys.aspx

it was a good read it all sounds very promising.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Squid7201 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1139
#148 Posted: 13:46:52 07/05/2015
Star Wars:
Mace Windu
Boba Fett
Lando Calrissian xD

Marvel:
Vision
War Machine
---
"Do you see this! I'm bein repressed! The governments repressin me!"
Monty Python and The Holy Grail.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#149 Posted: 14:06:46 07/05/2015
So what's got people excited other then it's Star Wars?
People have been mentioning improved Toy Box but the only thing i've read so far and maybe there is an article more expanded to let me know more but last I read the only new feature was improved racing and a farmville feature.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 24 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 24

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me