Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#101 Posted: 21:22:17 26/04/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I don't think Spyro is closer to Nintendo considering that all of those exclusives were handheld games, but that's just me. *shrug*

Also, not to mention the fact that most people have mixed views on said handheld games, so...

Anyways, I extremely doubt that he'd end up in Smash, especially with Sony trying to acquire the rights to the Spyro IP from Activision.

Sony is trying to get Spyro back? I heard they're trying to get rash, but never Spyro. Where did you hear this>
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#102 Posted: 21:33:10 26/04/2015
I kinda hope they don't get either back. I'm very happy with Spyro in Skylanders and if they get Crash that likely means the game will be on PS4 only.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#103 Posted: 21:41:59 26/04/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I kinda hope they don't get either back. I'm very happy with Spyro in Skylanders and if they get Crash that likely means the game will be on PS4 only.

Most other people, including myself, don't share your sentiment.

I personally would rather have Sony have Crash than Activision because at least Sony would actually do something with the franchise, unlike Activision who have no interest in doing anthing further with it whatsoever.

And I'd rather see Spyro get his own game than being a side-pony attraction, tbch.

I'm ok with Crash going back to Sony as long as his new game comes out on Wii U.
---
#104 Posted: 21:47:42 26/04/2015
I'm ok with Crash going back to Sony as long as his new game comes out on Wii U.

...That's not how it works...

Well obviously. The thing is that there are thousands (If not more) Spyro and Crash fans who DON'T own Sony consoles and it'd be a bad idea to ignore them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:15 26/04/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#105 Posted: 21:56:11 26/04/2015
The thing is that there are thousands (If not more) Spyro and Crash fans who DON'T own Sony consoles and it'd be a bad idea to ignore them.

But if Sony gets the IP's to either/both of them, it won't matter at that point.

Granted the PS4 costs a lot of money, but if someone really wanted to play a Spyro or Crash game that badly, they could always save up the money for it.

Sorry if that sounds a bit mean, but it's true, and I don't even have a PS4 or the money to get one anytime soon for that matter.

I doubt it's that many people since a lot of them have probably played the original games, which are Sony exclusives btw, meaning they must have at least one Sony console.

And if Sony did acquire the rights to Spyro and Crash and made new games, the games would sell like hot cakes regardless.

BUUUT none of this matters I have my opinions you have yours.

We're getting off topic.
---
#106 Posted: 22:00:15 26/04/2015
BUUT none of this matters. I have my opinions, you have yours.

I'm just being realistic. *shrugs* No need to get fussy over it.

But over all what WOULD happen to Spyro in Skylanders if Sony did buy Spyro? Would they exist together or would they just kick Spyro (A character you gets MUCH more attention then you think) out?
---
#107 Posted: 22:06:32 26/04/2015
But over all what WOULD happen to Spyro in Skylanders if Sony did buy Spyro? Would they exist together or would they just kick Spyro (A character you gets MUCH more attention then you think) out?

They might kick him out, or they might make a deal with Activision to keep him in Skylanders with Sony owning the IP and the rights to making actual Spyro games.

And I know that Spyro gets a decent amount of attention in the comics, just not so much in the games themselves, so don't act like I don't know this.

And even if they kicked Spyro out, Skylanders will survive just as well as it has been, since Spyro was only used to reel in an extra few dollars from Spyro fans with the first Skylanders game.

Skylanders doesn't need Spyro to sell, the figures are the main selling point of the franchise.

Either way I highly down Spyro will return to Sony. Crash on the other hand is possible. Maybe not return to Sony possible but definitely comeback over all.
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#108 Posted: 00:39:54 27/04/2015
It doesn't really matter seeing as Spyro is probably one of the last characters that would ever be chosen for Smash. He not all that popular compared to other candidates, he's a Klonoa tier third party character, and the company that owns him hasn't done much for Nintendo. Spyro will most likely never get in.

Plus, he has competition from other third party's like Rayman, Snake, and, to an extent, Banjo and Shovel Knight. Why would Ninty choose Spyro over any of those choices?
#109 Posted: 00:43:54 27/04/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
It doesn't really matter seeing as Spyro is probably one of the last characters that would ever be chosen for Smash. He not all that popular compared to other candidates, he's a Klonoa tier third party character, and the company that owns him hasn't done much for Nintendo. Spyro will most likely never get in.

Plus, he has competition from other third party's like Rayman, Snake, and, to an extent, Banjo and Shovel Knight. Why would Ninty choose Spyro over any of those choices?

Shovel Knight is literally unknown in Japan.

But other than that, you make a good point.
---
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#110 Posted: 00:47:55 27/04/2015

Shovel Knight is literally unknown in Japan.

But other than that, you make a good point.

Shovel Knight isn't literally unknown in Japan, just not many people know of him.
A10theHero Green Sparx Gems: 258
#111 Posted: 01:25:57 27/04/2015

Spyro was once a Sony mascot, so he has value in that. And now, because of Skylanders, he has been a part of the "toys with brains" revolution that has affected Nintendo (obviously through Amiibo and Pokemon Rumble U NFC figurines).
The fact that Rayman is a trophy but not a playable character seems fishy to me. It's possible that they considered and rejected him, leaving him with trophy status. (It could also mean they're planning to include him, so I will agree that he has potential as well)
Snake is in a weird situation because Konami and Nintendo aren't in a good relationship right now. Snake was only included in Brawl because of a favor for a man who's having disagreements with his own company. Also, don't you think Snake didn't really fit in well with the likes of Pikachu and Kirby? He was edgier than the rest of the roster, which could be seen as a reason not to include him.
As for Banjo, because he is currently owned by Microsoft, including him in Smash would directly benefit a current first-party competitor of Nintendo. No economically sound business would do that.
And Shovel Knight isn't really well-known in Japan. He's gonna have a game come out there soon, so his chance might improve a little. But he's an indie, which is worse than being just a third-party character.

If we talk about only the original Spyro, then I will agree that he has closer ties with Sony. But looking at the overall history of Spyro, including all three versions of him, the relationship leans more in favor to Nintendo than to Sony.

Also, Spyro still has some distinctions in Skylanders. This is what I wrote to a friend earlier today:
"I will concede that Activision just mentioned Spyro in the title to get more $$$. However, he still does have a few distinctions in the series. 1: He is the leader of the modern Skylanders. 2: He has the most figurines out of all the Skylanders (Series 1, Dark, Legendary, Series 2, Series 3, Series 3 Dark). 3: There is a form of currency you can pick up that resembles Spyro. 4: The Trucker Hat has Spyro on it. 5: In the 3DS version of Swap Force, there is a statue of Master Eon with Spyro next to him."

Also, Sony is never gonna get Spyro or Crash. I'm sorry, but that company loves making money so Spyro's stuck. And as for Crash, http://gamerant.com/crash-band...ctivision-sony/

Honestly, for a third-party, Spyro has a good chance. The only problem is, can others see this potential?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:29:29 27/04/2015 by A10theHero
#112 Posted: 02:49:51 27/04/2015
Sony could easily get Crash and Spyro if they fork over enough money, so never say never. smilie

And he honestly doesn't have much potential at all to be in Smash. :/

True. But I don't think Sony has enough money to do that. Or that Activision is willing to let go of its money trees. Maybe in the future, I suppose.

Really? I thought there was a lot he could add. We don't have any purple dragons in Smash, and there's tons of moves he can use. In the Legend of Spyro, he had both melee combos and breath attacks, and they could incorporate that into a Smash moveset. And Skylanders offers a lot too, so they could draw from that series as well. I made a possible moveset a while ago on Smashboards and there was a nice Reddit user who made a moveset based on the original Spyro alone.

Quote: Pixilism
hey locoguy, how is your brother? did he finally discover that he is fictionkin for psychonauts guy?

Yeah, he's good. Thanks for asking. Apparently, all it took was a blubnarg in the skebbybelly, and voila, he found it. How 'bout you? Did you rafda the ziptenly yet?

Is that article even legit because it's a year old and I haven't heard a peep about it otherwise, not to mention it has so few posts.

Interesting...

It seems legit because the mention of Game Informer is true: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...-bandicoot.aspx
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:53:03 27/04/2015 by A10theHero
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#113 Posted: 02:53:39 27/04/2015
Quote: A10theHero
Snake is in a weird situation because Konami and Nintendo aren't in a good relationship right now. Snake was only included in Brawl because of a favor for a man who's having disagreements with his own company. Also, don't you think Snake didn't really fit in well with the likes of Pikachu and Kirby? He was edgier than the rest of the roster, which could be seen as a reason not to include him.

How are Konami and Nintendo not in a good relationship right now? The reason why Snake is in Brawl is because Hideo Kojima begged for Snake to be in Melee but was too late so he was later added to Brawl. The game's art design was dark and damaged, it made Snake fit in.
#114 Posted: 03:19:02 27/04/2015
I meant potential as in actually getting into the game.

Well, then yeah. The probability is low, but nothing's impossible. smilie

Quote: somePerson

How are Konami and Nintendo not in a good relationship right now? The reason why Snake is in Brawl is because Hideo Kojima begged for Snake to be in Melee but was too late so he was later added to Brawl. The game's art design was dark and damaged, it made Snake fit in.

The latest Metal Gear Solid game was not released on the Wii U. Need I say more?
Just in case, I will. There's a reason Snake didn't return. It could've been MGS V, or it could've been something else too. Has it been resolved? We don't know. And if the issue was that game not coming to the Wii U, I wouldn't expect Snake to return. Also, from what I've heard, Kojima is not doing well with Konami at the moment. Someone said something on Smashboards about him being fired or leaving or whatever, but I haven't verified that yet.
Sure, Brawl had a more realistic look to it, but that's not the case with Smash 4. It's more cartoonish and brightly colored. I'm not sure if he still fits then.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#115 Posted: 03:30:46 27/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I meant potential as in actually getting into the game.

Well, then yeah. The probability is low, but nothing's impossible. smilie

Quote: somePerson

The latest Metal Gear Solid game was not released on the Wii U. Need I say more?
Just in case, I will. There's a reason Snake didn't return. It could've been MGS V, or it could've been something else too. Has it been resolved? We don't know. And if the issue was that game not coming to the Wii U, I wouldn't expect Snake to return. Also, from what I've heard, Kojima is not doing well with Konami at the moment. Someone said something on Smashboards about him being fired or leaving or whatever, but I haven't verified that yet.
Sure, Brawl had a more realistic look to it, but that's not the case with Smash 4. It's more cartoonish and brightly colored. I'm not sure if he still fits then.

Kojima has left Konami, but confirmed he will stay until MGS 5 PP comes out, inside sources claim.
http://www.gamespot.com/articl...-/1100-6426024/
---
words. letters. filler.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#116 Posted: 03:45:36 27/04/2015
The argument that Snake wouldn't fit in Smash kinda died when he was in Smash.
#117 Posted: 03:57:07 27/04/2015
The argument that Snake wouldn't fit in Smash kinda died when he was in Smash.

Well, not really. He was in for a favor. That doesn't mean he went through the normal processes of determining if a character is worthy of being in Smash. So in Smash 4, maybe they did consider him like they normally do for characters and he failed to meet their standards. And regardless, this point doesn't detract from the other potential reasons why he isn't (and possibly won't be) in Smash 4.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#118 Posted: 12:37:05 27/04/2015
I'm probably the only person who hopes to never see Solid Snake in Smash Brothers again. He is just about the most overrated videogame character of all time.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#119 Posted: 12:50:27 27/04/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
I'm probably the only person who hopes to never see Solid Snake in Smash Brothers again. He is just about the most overrated videogame character of all time.

TBH I don't really like it when any characters are cut.

I can understand the Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer due to 3ds limitations though.
---
you never saw me
#120 Posted: 12:58:46 27/04/2015

What was so bad about Snake? He had an awesome move-set!
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#121 Posted: 13:19:21 27/04/2015
If Snake can be in a track and field game:

[User Posted Image]

He can fit into Smash.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#122 Posted: 16:32:31 27/04/2015
I'm probably the only person who hopes to never see Solid Snake in Smash Brothers again.
He is just about the most overrated video game character of all time.

Overrated =/= bad.

I thought we've been over this already.

Also, there are far more overrated characters than Snake. :/

*cough*ROSALINA*cough*
#123 Posted: 16:46:03 27/04/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
I'm probably the only person who hopes to never see Solid Snake in Smash Brothers again.
He is just about the most overrated video game character of all time.

Overrated =/= bad.

I thought we've been over this already.

Also, there are far more overrated characters than Snake. :/

*cough*ROSALINA*cough*

How can Rosalina be overrated when most people who like her, like her for the wrong reasons or barely know anything about her and just like her because "she's cool in Mario Kart"?

She's underrated, if anything. One of the most misunderstood characters in all of gaming, from trivia and facts, to how she should be played in Smash.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#124 Posted: 17:09:28 27/04/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
How can Rosalina be overrated when most people who like her, like her for the wrong reasons or barely know anything about her and just like her because "she's cool in Mario Kart"?

It's very possible for a character to be overrated because a lot of people like them without any adequate reasoning. You make it sound like there's a checklist of requirements to properly like the character.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#125 Posted: 17:17:18 27/04/2015
If Snake can be in a track and field game:

[User Posted Image]

He can fit into Smash.

pyramid-head 4 smash plz
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#126 Posted: 18:17:55 27/04/2015

She's underrated, if anything. One of the most misunderstood characters in all of gaming, from trivia and facts, to how she should be played in Smash.

Liking her for the wrong reasons means that they still like her, though. So she is overrated.

I get that she's your princess waifu and all, but no need to get irritated every time someone says she's overrated, especially when they aren't saying she's bad.

(I don't think she's a bad character at all, btw)

How can she be my princess waifu when she is not a princess (you also made an example of my point there, BTW)?

I seriously think the term overrated is just thrown around this site at random at this point. I don't visit this site as much but if there is one thing I notice more than anything, it's how thrown around this term is.

Seriously, enlighten me - what defines any of these "overrated" characters as such?

Also, I didn't get irritated, I simply responded to your post in a constructive manner. Don't attach unnecessary emotions to my posts, please.

Quote:
It's very possible for a character to be overrated because a lot of people like them without any adequate reasoning. You make it sound like there's a checklist of requirements to properly like the character.

That's not what I meant.

"Overrated" means to be recognised as more than you actually are.

However, Rosalina is more often recognised as a lot less than she actually is, or just the wrong thing altogether. That makes her underrated, not overrated.

Even looking at competitive Smash, people mistake Rosalina as a defensive, campy character. But she isn't supposed to be played like that, she's supposed to be played as a paradigm shifter. Even if campy and defensive Rosalina is still one of the best playstyles in the game, it's not the best Rosalina can be, therefore, making her underrated despite being recognised highly.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:21:27 27/04/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#127 Posted: 18:38:07 27/04/2015
Firstly, I called her a "princess" on purpose because I know that it annoys you. smilie

Secondly, when I am referring to something as overrated, I usually am referring to how liked they are and by how many people.
(and I don't use the term overrated that much anyways, so...)

There are no "right" ways to like a character, so a character can still be overrated even if the people that like them don't like them for the "proper" reasons.

Seriously, stop fapping to her so much.

Don't tell us who to fap to. I'll fap to whoever I want >:C
#128 Posted: 18:40:27 27/04/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
Don't tell us who to fap to. I'll fap to whoever I want >:C

no u wont i am the LAW

o oek mr police
#129 Posted: 18:41:56 27/04/2015
First, I called her a princess on purpose because I know that it annoys you. smilie

Second, when I'm referring to something as overrated, I usually am reffering to how liked they are and by how many people.

There are no "right" ways to like a character, so a character can still be overrated even if the people that like them don't like them for the "proper" reasons.

Seriously, stop fapping to her so much.

[User Posted Image]

Sorry, but your definition of the word "overrated" is objectively wrong.

If people are liking a character for reasons that are not deserved, they are overrated. However, the opposite is true of Rosalina. People like her for the wrong reasons most of the time, meaning she isn't liked for the full extent of how she deserves to be liked in a lot of cases.

How many people like her is irrelevant, as that cannot be based on objectivity. The concept of something being "overrated" is an objective one. For example, selling a Pikachu Amiibo for $100 would be overrating it's value. Because a Pikachu Amiibo does not cost that much to make, it is still in production, and it's still readily available on the shelves. These are all objective reasons, not subjective. A Pikachu Amiibo OBJECTIVELY, is not worth that much.

Someone could like Rosalina more if they perceive her to be a princess, for example, and not like her when they find out she isn't one. However, they are still underrating her during that time they liked her, because they weren't liking her for a reason she deserved to be liked for.
---
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#130 Posted: 18:43:59 27/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

Basically me reading this page. But I do agree with Sess to be honest. Rosalina is very overrated.
#131 Posted: 18:49:33 27/04/2015
Dude, you complain about the over usage of the word "overrated" on this site when you over use the word "objectively" all the ****ing time.

Talk about hypocritical.

She's overrated, get over it.

It's only because she's hot.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#132 Posted: 18:49:59 27/04/2015
Let's keep things civil please.

not what I meant.

"Overrated" means to be recognised as more than you actually are.

However, Rosalina is more often recognised as a lot less than she actually is, or just the wrong thing altogether. That makes her underrated, not overrated.

Even looking at competitive Smash, people mistake Rosalina as a defensive, campy character. But she isn't supposed to be played like that, she's supposed to be played as a paradigm shifter. Even if campy and defensive Rosalina is still one of the best playstyles in the game, it's not the best Rosalina can be, therefore, making her underrated despite being recognised highly.

This seems closer to appearing misunderstood than underrated. She's a popular character liked by many for a wide variety of reasons, such as maining her in Smash, using her in Mario Kart, or even something more mundane like liking her character design or mistaking her for Elsa.

And fine. Let's go with the idea that she isn't actually overrated. But she is definitely not underrated. Can she be misunderstood? Yes. Can parts of her character be under appreciated? Sure. Can her offensive abilities in Smash be underrated? Ok yeah I'll give you that. But Rosalina as a full entity being underrated? I disagree, since she has a vocal and sizable fanbase that appreciate the character and keep her around long after she was intended to be.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me