Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters!
First | Page 2 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS topic V3! DLC Fighters! [CLOSED]
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#51 Posted: 13:46:58 21/04/2015
ayyyy page.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#52 Posted: 17:56:30 21/04/2015
i can smash now! Anybody wanna get owned?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#53 Posted: 17:57:12 21/04/2015
I have a room open with IB You can join us
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#54 Posted: 03:18:06 23/04/2015
Here's a possible moveset for the character I am most wanting to win the ballot, King K. Rool, from his Smashboards topic. It's by the same guy that did the Banjo one.

[User Posted Image]

I was wondering what you guys thought of K. Rool in Smash, since we haven't talked about him all that much compared to other characters.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#55 Posted: 03:38:32 23/04/2015
Quote: LunarDistortion
Here's a possible moveset for the character I am most wanting to win the ballot, King K. Rool, from his Smashboards topic. It's by the same guy that did the Banjo one.

[User Posted Image]

I was wondering what you guys thought of K. Rool in Smash, since we haven't talked about him all that much compared to other characters.

That's a beautiful image error that view image leads to forcing me to log in to view.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#56 Posted: 03:38:35 23/04/2015

[User Posted Image]

user posted
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#57 Posted: 04:41:20 23/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

Aw, it works just right on my side. Either way, hope this one works. It's a little small though.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#58 Posted: 12:34:56 23/04/2015
Ha! The final smash is very clever. smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#59 Posted: 19:51:22 23/04/2015
I honestly don't care for K.Rool.

He isn't a popular character in the traditional sense of the word. He was one of the most non-impactful Nintendo villains ever, he just left no impression on me whatsoever. People never really cared for him in the past. He's one of those characters that randomly blows up in the Smash community for no reason whatsoever. Most people don't genuinely want him, it's just a bandwagon thing and most people only give "muh villains representation" and "muh DK representation" as reasons for wanting him.

You could argue the same thing with Pac-Man before he was announced (and I did), but at least with him, the arbitrary reason bandwagoners had for wanting him was actually significant (that he is the grandfather of gaming).

If a new DK game comes out, and K.Rool is the main villain, and they actually make him a cool character that people can genuinely latch onto, then I'll be all for it. As it stands now, it's not even "he's not relevant anymore" for me - it's "he never WAS relevant to anyone's love of the DK franchise".
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#60 Posted: 19:54:54 23/04/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

He isn't a popular character in the traditional sense of the word. He was one of the most non-impactful Nintendo villains ever, he just left no impression on me whatsoever. People never really cared for him in the past. He's one of those characters that randomly blows up in the Smash community for no reason whatsoever. Most people don't genuinely want him, it's just a bandwagon thing and most people only give "muh villains representation" and "muh DK representation" as reasons for wanting him.

You could argue the same thing with Pac-Man before he was announced (and I did), but at least with him, the arbitrary reason bandwagoners had for wanting him was actually significant (that he is the grandfather of gaming).

If a new DK game comes out, and K.Rool is the main villain, and they actually make him a cool character that people can genuinely latch onto, then I'll be all for it. As it stands now, it's not even "he's not relevant anymore" for me - it's "he never WAS relevant to anyone's love of the DK franchise".

Oh, so he's from DK? Honestly, I never heard of him until he was mentioned by all the people begging for him for Smash.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#61 Posted: 20:25:27 23/04/2015
Quote: Seiki

Oh, so he's from DK? Honestly, I never heard of him until he was mentioned by all the people begging for him for Smash.

That's exactly my point. I have not seen people EVER talk about K.Rool outside of the context of Smash.

People made the argument against Rosalina, saying that "nobody asked for her to be in Smash". But the thing with her is, she was the opposite of K.Rool - people didn't really ask for her to be in Smash specifically, but she has an active fan base, and Nintendo has even recognised it in interviews. She's an extremely popular character that people just want to keep seeing more of, no matter the context. Therefore, she gets much better received in Smash (Sakurai's Miiverse post announcing Rosalina is his second most "Yeah'd" Miiverse post, only second to a group photo of Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man) than someone like K.Rool ever would be. The Nintendo fanbase at large is far more important to what characters get into Smash, than the small speculation community that is the Smash fanbase. Because if someone just wants to see more of a character in general, that means they will be more appreciative than someone who is just bandwagoning for a niche character to get into a specific game.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#62 Posted: 21:36:04 23/04/2015

100% agree.Rayman would be cool.not just because i love rayman but because his smash moves would be awesome
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:15 23/04/2015 by skylandersspyro
#63 Posted: 21:41:22 23/04/2015

It might just be that I just want to see more non-humans in the game, but I still think he'd be a cool character to see. I'm not saying there aren't characters I'd rather see (Still want Krystal/NPC Villager/Banjo/Etc.) but I can see where he'd fit.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#64 Posted: 21:58:59 23/04/2015

[User Posted Image]

yes this so much this
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#65 Posted: 21:38:30 24/04/2015
I never played any of the DK games besides Tropical Freeze so i don't know much about King K. Rool. Who knows, maybe King K. Rool will have the Fire Emblem effect and his inclusion in Smash will make him a much better villain for the DK series and Nintendo in general.

Also, am I the only one who wants Bandana Waddle Dee for DLC? I seem to be the only one that wants him in the next game among my friends.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:48 24/04/2015 by pankakesparx456
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#66 Posted: 21:45:20 24/04/2015
To be honest I always saw King K Rool as being DK's primary antagonist (since my experience with the series started with DKC), so I felt like his inclusion would represent the villains of his series. It genuinely surprises me that he hasn't yet returned in the new installments. Maybe it's a jaded view on things, but I do think of Rool as a relevant character in the DK franchise, even if the only reason for it is being the big bad guy in what is often regarded as DK's finest hour.

The reason I don't argue much for him is the same reason I don't for Ridley: I'm not really a fan of the big strong characters (Dedede excluded) and wouldn't use him very much. And there are plenty of other characters that I would rather have before him.
#67 Posted: 22:23:19 24/04/2015
There was another update today for both the game and the 3DS. ...Did it actually do ANYTHING?
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#68 Posted: 22:27:12 24/04/2015
Quote: MugoUrth
There was another update today for both the game and the 3DS. ...Did it actually do ANYTHING?

It was for the mewtwo glitch
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#69 Posted: 22:27:15 24/04/2015
How did I play on the 3D version for so long? The circle pad just sucks!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#70 Posted: 16:27:41 25/04/2015
Little mac's victory screen is now and inside joke between me and my sister.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#71 Posted: 20:54:17 25/04/2015
those times when you encounter a player with a really stally playstyle
---
you never saw me
#72 Posted: 20:57:50 25/04/2015
That moment when you try to do an aerial attack with Rosalina but you die because your Up B went the wrong direction.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#73 Posted: 21:13:49 25/04/2015
Quote: I-Brawler
those times when you encounter a player with a really stally playstyle

The only time I really stall is when I'm having a bad match, and I think it would be more worth it to stall for a Sudden Death.
#74 Posted: 21:35:47 25/04/2015
Anyone have the 3DS version? The last post reminded me of that match I had against a Yoshi player where we went into Sudden Death and we died in Sudden Death at almost exactly the same time. One player just barely died second. I have the video uploaded online in the Smash Brothers sharing center, it's titled CLOSESTMATCHEVER on the Battlefield stage.
#75 Posted: 22:50:15 25/04/2015
Quote: somePerson
That moment when you try to do an aerial attack with Rosalina but you die because your Up B went the wrong direction.

The struggle is real.

[User Posted Image]
---
#76 Posted: 23:12:20 25/04/2015
The more I play or see people play Meta Knight the more I come to see how terrible he is in this game. So many terrible matchups.
#77 Posted: 23:23:00 25/04/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises
The more I play or see people play Meta Knight the more I come to see how terrible he is in this game. So many terrible matchups.

Not as many bad matchups as Donkey Kong.
#78 Posted: 23:30:09 25/04/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

No, Donkey Kong still has better matchups. Meta Knight is arguably the worst character as of now after this recent update.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:06 25/04/2015 by Mrmorrises
#79 Posted: 23:38:02 25/04/2015

No, Donkey Kong still has better matchups.

Donkey Kong can barely do **** against Sheik, Link, etc. What are MK's bad matchups?
#80 Posted: 23:44:35 25/04/2015

Donkey Kong can barely do **** against Sheik, Link, etc. What are MK's bad matchups?

Zero Suit Samus, Ness, Sheik, Link, Yoshi, Robin, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Lucario, Rosalina, Sonic, Shulk, Bowser, Mario, Villager, Mewtwo, JigglyPuff, Pit, Duckhunt, Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Greninja, Peach, ROB, Samus, Luigi, Fox.

The rest of the characters he is either moderately screwed against, or somewhat close to being even with. The one character he has a sprinkle of hope against is Little Mac.
#81 Posted: 23:48:19 25/04/2015

Zero Suit Samus, Ness, Sheik, Link, Yoshi, Robin, Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Lucario, Rosalina, Sonic, Shulk, Bowser, Mario, Villager, Mewtwo, JigglyPuff, Pit, Duckhunt, Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Greninja, Peach, ROB, Samus, Luigi, Fox.

The rest of the characters he is either moderately screwed against, or somewhat close to being even with. The one character he has a sprinkle of hope against is Little Mac.

Eh. I don't have a reply to this but I don't want you to think that I hadn't read it.
#82 Posted: 00:05:45 26/04/2015
Meta Knight can actually do really well against Rosalina if played correctly. It's probably Rosalina's most schizophrenic match-up.

Meta Knight in general isn't as bad as people make him out to be, he can do pretty well. He had his range fixed up a bit after the first balance patch. I'd say he's better than DK. Mighty Glaciers just don't do well in Smash.
---
#83 Posted: 00:08:37 26/04/2015
Meta Knight can actually do really well against Rosalina if played correctly. It's probably Rosalina's most schizophrenic match-up.

Meta Knight in general isn't as bad as people make him out to be, he can do pretty well. He had his range fixed up a bit after the first balance patch. I'd say he's better than DK. Mighty Glaciers just don't do well in Smash.

I disagree, although I will say that he definitely was better than DK before the update.
#84 Posted: 03:46:41 26/04/2015
Every Captain Falcon that I go against always spams the Falcon Kick. >_<
#85 Posted: 04:06:24 26/04/2015
Quote: somePerson
Every Captain Falcon that I go against always spams the Falcon Kick. smilie

Same. It gets pretty ridiculous. I can beat them, but they're still annoying as hell.
A10theHero Green Sparx Gems: 258
#86 Posted: 06:55:19 26/04/2015
Hey guys! Did any of you vote for Spyro for Smash 4 DLC?
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#87 Posted: 11:59:37 26/04/2015
I'm quite good with Meta Knight. I wish his aerial attacks were 1-hit, though.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#88 Posted: 12:11:37 26/04/2015
Quote: A10theHero

I did, but for Skylanders Spyro. Don't get my wrong, I LOVE the classic game but Skylanders Spyro is way more likely.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#89 Posted: 12:16:05 26/04/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I did, but for Skylanders Spyro. Don't get my wrong, I LOVE the classic game but Skylanders Spyro is way more likely.

IMO, the 3rd-party slots should only be for well-known company mascots like Pac-Man and Sonic, so I'd prefer Classic Spyro if he had to be in. But because Skylanders was almost a Nintendo franchise, SkySpyro could be in too.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#90 Posted: 12:42:31 26/04/2015
Quote: Qcumber
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

IMO, the 3rd-party slots should only be for well-known company mascots like Pac-Man and Sonic, so I'd prefer Classic Spyro if he had to be in. But because Skylanders was almost a Nintendo franchise, SkySpyro could be in too.

Skylanders wasn't going to be a Nintendo franchise. It was GOING to be only on Wii at one point. That was likely only SSA anyways.
---
#91 Posted: 12:45:46 26/04/2015
Honestly, I'm glad they decided to put in on consoles where it has a niche to fill. I think Playstation and XBox could use more whimsical games.

I don't know if I voted for Spyro, but it would be cool to see.
#92 Posted: 13:38:33 26/04/2015
I'd rather Spyro be in Playstation All-Stars.
---
#93 Posted: 16:02:25 26/04/2015
Quote: Qcumber
I'm quite good with Meta Knight. I wish his aerial attacks were 1-hit, though.

His ariel attack made him op in Brawl.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#94 Posted: 16:37:43 26/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

REGGIE FOR SMASH
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#95 Posted: 16:40:49 26/04/2015
Tumblr wants stuff like Shrek,Goku And characters from cartoons.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#96 Posted: 16:54:15 26/04/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro
[User Posted Image]

REGGIE FOR SMASH

WE HAVE MIIS DAMMIT
---
you never saw me
A10theHero Green Sparx Gems: 258
#97 Posted: 20:49:00 26/04/2015
You know, I can't say for sure which version of Spyro they would take. If they want to make it a historical tribute, they would use classic Spyro. But if Activision really pushes for Skylanders Spyro, they might use him. It could go either way, really.

And I really can't see Spyro in Playstation All-Stars because, even though he once was a Sony mascot, only his first three games are Sony exclusives. He has five Nintendo exclusives (6 if you count the Japanese version of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure), and the rest of his games are multi-platform (though the 3DS version of Skylanders games have always been unique). I feel that the overall history of Spyro does not suggest that he best belongs on Playstation's crossover fighter. It seems like he's been closer to Nintendo.
#98 Posted: 21:01:47 26/04/2015
You know, I can't say for sure which version of Spyro they would take. If they want to make it a historical tribute, they would use classic Spyro. But if Activision really pushes for Skylanders Spyro, they might use him. It could go either way, really.

And I really can't see Spyro in Playstation All-Stars because, even though he once was a Sony mascot, only his first three games are Sony exclusives. He has five Nintendo exclusives (6 if you count the Japanese version of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure), and the rest of his games are multi-platform (though the 3DS version of Skylanders games have always been unique). I feel that the overall history of Spyro does not suggest that he best belongs on Playstation's crossover fighter. It seems like he's been closer to Nintendo.

I agree on Spyro being closer to Nintendo. Wither people like it or not, that is the case.

I think it's pretty much a guarantee it's be Skylanders Spyro. Knowing Acti it'd be him.
---
First | Page 2 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me