Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Homestuck [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#51 Posted: 00:51:00 24/05/2015 | Topic Creator
At one stage I literally thought 'what if John retcons everything and the Act 6 Intermissions never actually happened?'. But then I thought 'naaahhh that's changing too much Hussie wouldn't do that'.

ppffft yeah i give up lmao.

Quote: Razz
I've been very worried about Karkat since the RetJohn timeline really kicked into gear. Poor little guy is not himself. Something is going to go horribly wrong, I can just feel it. Hussie is a merciless god.

I personally think that all the characters feel wrong and are rather passive. So far tumblr seems okay with everything, like the usual. The fandom has been completely split on the mspaint forums though and everyone is fighting on there about which timeline was better. Apparently the last time the fandom had been split like this was when Vriska died at the end of Act 5...?
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#52 Posted: 01:00:46 24/05/2015
^ Vriska just causes trouble everywhere, all the time, doesn't she? XD
#53 Posted: 02:51:10 27/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Well apparently she was designed specifically to cause debates and split the fandom so.... xD
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#54 Posted: 02:57:22 27/05/2015
Was she really? Hahaha! Awesome.

Also, have a Xefros Tritoh because I just remembered today that Hiveswap is a thing and I am super excite about it. And he's adorable.

[User Posted Image]
#55 Posted: 12:53:39 02/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Ahhh that's a really nice drawing!! Xefros looks so cute! smilie

Quote: Razz
While I'd heard of Homestuck as early as 2009/10, I'm glad I didn't read it until 2013 (right before the Gigapause). I would have gone insane waiting for updates through some of the story stuff and probably would have given up on it. Also I'm glad I got to have the novel experience of being around for a few updates at that exact time because it was the only thing that helped me get through the events that have led to me being in therapy today. smilie

I tried to read it sometime in 2011-ish, I think, but couldn't make it past the first act. Then an old friend of mine kept posting really cute Kanaya/Vriska and fan troll art and I decided to give it one more shot. I was pretty attached to the Beta kids by the end of Act 2 and really hated the trolls at first because I wanted the kids to come back. smilie The trolls grew on me, though. Then I transferred my dislike/meh to the Alpha kids. smilie I'm still pretty "meh" about them (and actively dislike Jake for some personal reasons; the only characters I dislike more are the entire Ampora bloodline; even Caliborn and Gamzee are at least decent villains (who get what they deserve several times to make up for their nastiness)). But Jane, Roxy and Dirk are slowly growing on me the way the Beta and troll kids did. I'm hoping Jake will redeem himself because I did like him up until he showed his true colors in the Trickster arc.

Yeah the Gigapause was pretty bad. But I was actually going through year 12 when the Gigapause happened, so it was kind of a good thing for me since it meant one less distraction from my most important year in school. Although it came back around the same time as exams so... things weren't that hopeful in the end... xD

Also unfortunately for me I caught up around the time the breaks truly started to kick in constantly, which also put off my serial experience a bit.
I liked the trolls from the beginning lol. My favourites have always been the beta kids (Dave and Jade in particular) and the four main trolls (Karkat, Terezi, Vriska, Kanaya). Calliope is pretty great too. I've always wished that Sollux and Aradia got more screentime though, since I do also really like those two and I find Aradia really interesting (and I ship Arasol lmao). I've never cared for the rest of the trolls though. And I actually like Caliborn lol. I find that he has become much more tolerable since he took over the narrative, and I can really relate to his desire to become a good artist and tell a story. I guess I find him easier to like and warm up to because I share similar hobbies to him (apart from his 'evil' hobbies lol). Gamzee on the other hand, I admit I've always thought that there may be some good in him, until he made Terezi more of a wreck and killed my favourite character in Game Over. And it's hard to still like someone when they kill your favourite. smilie

And yeah I do agree that the Alpha kids aren't as likable. I do love Roxy and Dirk but I don't like Jane and Jake at all. Jane has always been boring to me and Jake annoys me. I liked Roxy from the beginning and I warmed up to Dirk really quickly. I think I wouldn't have disliked them as much if they didn't appear after Cascade.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:33:49 02/06/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#56 Posted: 00:20:08 30/06/2015
topic bump

Here's something that could be fun. Feel free to omit any questions you don't have answers to.

Favorite Beta Kid:
Favorite Alpha Kid:
Favorite Troll:
Favorite Dancestor:
Favorite Exile:
Favorite Flash:
Favorite Interactive Flash/Game:
Favorite Ship:
Favorite Quote:
Favorite song that's in a flash:
Favorite song that's not in a flash:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:08 30/06/2015 by Darby
#57 Posted: 07:35:49 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
^ Omg you're amazing for bumping this topic! I will definitely answer those questions. :D

Favorite Beta Kid: Dave
Favorite Alpha Kid: Roxy
Favorite Troll: Karkat
Favorite Dancestor: Meenah
Favorite Exile: Spades Slick.
Favorite Flash: Game Over (lmao kind of sad really).
Favorite Ship: Karezi. <3333
Favorite Quote: I don't really have one lol.
Favorite song that's in a flash: I don't know whether this one counts or not, but Black Rose - Green Sun. If not, then Price of Oblivion.
Favorite song that's not in a flash: Homefree.

I would like to add that Jade is my second favourite kid, Dirk is my second Alpha kid, second favourite troll is a tie between Terezi and Vriska, other otps are DaveJade and JohnVris (also like Arasol) and favourite overall character is Karkat (who is like, my son lol).
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 07:39:57 30/06/2015 by DarkCynder_543
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me