Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Homestuck [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1 Posted: 11:24:47 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Thought I'd create a topic about it, since it's about to start up again soon (13th April), and is supposed to be finishing soon too.
Although I'm probably the only user who's still into it lol. eh who cares.

i really don't want to think about it ending :(
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2 Posted: 11:25:39 10/04/2015
Why is a house trapped?
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#3 Posted: 11:35:06 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
lol i find it funny when people who don't know what it is try to define it xD

hint: it's nothing to do with houses
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:36:36 10/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#4 Posted: 11:37:31 10/04/2015
I know what it is but why is the house trapped tho
---
#5 Posted: 11:50:18 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
oh whops sorry

i've heard its because 'you're stuck at home reading it, hence homestuck'
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:50:40 10/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5724
#6 Posted: 12:13:39 10/04/2015
Lunarz, u serious man?
#7 Posted: 12:15:18 10/04/2015
I just wanted to know why the dang homeowners bought a house if the house can't get out!!!!!!
---
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5724
#8 Posted: 12:18:54 10/04/2015
Then why don't you make a thread that includes that?!?!?!?
#9 Posted: 12:19:46 10/04/2015
BECAUSE I....I...I...

I DON'T KNOW
---
#10 Posted: 00:37:44 11/04/2015 | Topic Creator
MAKE YOUR OWN TOPIC >:(
---
Adria Emerald Sparx Gems: 4196
#11 Posted: 02:52:58 11/04/2015
I used to be a really big fan but stopped reading at a pause. (pls I just got bored with it)

idk I was at

where jade got squashed by the house and Dave was being chased by dogs and terezi and gamzee were fighting or something

I tried last week to get caught back up but I looked at all the pages and made gargling noises and closed the tab. aha

if I could figure out the page I was on I'll probably pick it up once it finishes.
surprised it's finally ending tho.
#12 Posted: 03:06:37 11/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I admit that I'm not into it as much as I was during Act 5. I also think that the constant pausing has also contributed to this. I caught up at around just before the Caliborn: Enter flash, which was around the time Hussie started to constantly make month-long pauses. And the year long pause in 2014 was too much for me. The constant breaks made Homestuck less enjoyable for me and instead more of a drag.

And oh my god you have to at least see the next flash. It's literally shortly after where you're up too, it's like a few more pages. I think it's better than Cascade. Then you can stop after that if you want (although you probably won't).

And... I'm really not sure if I like what's happening at the moment. :\
---
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#13 Posted: 03:26:30 11/04/2015
Hhhh I really need to catch I'm probably really behind
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#14 Posted: 03:29:16 11/04/2015 | Topic Creator
^ It's starting up again on the 13th April, so you have a couple of days. xD
---
#15 Posted: 03:34:51 11/04/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I admit that I'm not into it as much as I was during Act 5. I also think that the constant pausing has also contributed to this. I caught up at around just before the Caliborn: Enter flash, which was around the time Hussie started to constantly make month-long pauses. And the year long pause in 2014 was too much for me. The constant breaks made Homestuck less enjoyable for me and instead more of a drag.

And oh my god you have to at least see the next flash. It's literally shortly after where you're up too, it's like a few more pages. I think it's better than Cascade. Then you can stop after that if you want (although you probably won't).

And... I'm really not sure if I like what's happening at the moment. :\

yeah that's p much it tbh
I was feeling iffy when the ancestor kids were brought in and then the pauses just put me off. then I completely forgot about it for awhile.

if I can find the page I'll try next time im in Wi-Fi!

also what's with this summer camp thing I've been seeing glimpses of on tumblr it had my otp in it and ngl that made me interested in Homestuck again
#16 Posted: 03:40:02 11/04/2015 | Topic Creator
It's the current comic in the Paradox Space website, and it currently has about 49 pages or something. It's about Karkat writing a ****ty story about the trolls going on a camping trip and forcing Dave to read it. aka it's amazing
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:43:07 11/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#17 Posted: 03:42:35 11/04/2015
oh good god karkat no

w o w autocorrect
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:45:06 11/04/2015 by Adria
#18 Posted: 03:43:58 11/04/2015 | Topic Creator
and his self insert is the best thing xD
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#19 Posted: 03:48:44 11/04/2015
if anyone ever thinks i'm done liking homestuck they're sadly mistaken
like it was a big part of my life for years
i'm excited to see how it wraps up
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:49:11 11/04/2015 by Darby
#20 Posted: 03:53:08 11/04/2015
I've heard about it for years but never understood fully what it was.
---
#21 Posted: 06:40:08 11/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby
if anyone ever thinks i'm done liking homestuck they're sadly mistaken
like it was a big part of my life for years
i'm excited to see how it wraps up

Glad I'm not the only one lol.
When I first got into it in 2012 it was a major part of my life. I even cosplayed as Vriska at a convention in 2013. Although I actually knew what it was a years before that. It just took me forever to get past the first act.
Same. I will be sad when it ends though. Good thing I've only read through it once so I can just re-read it once it finishes.
---
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#22 Posted: 16:28:50 11/04/2015
what is Homestuck, i always wanted to to read the story, but is it good?
#23 Posted: 01:15:33 12/04/2015 | Topic Creator
um.... I never know how to explain homestuck to someone lol. It's too complicated to explain, but it's pretty much about four kids who play a game that brings on the destruction of the world. And then they meet 12 trolls and a whole pile of **** happens. it's actually too complicated to fully explain.

You just need to know that it's amazing, the characters are amazing and that you need to at least get up to the fourth act to truly enjoy it, because the first couple of acts are horrible to most people. I personally started liking it at Act 3, but it depends on the person. Some people love it from the beginning (like someone I know IRL), while others don't end up fully enjoying it until as late as Act 5.
---
#24 Posted: 03:42:19 13/04/2015
Last 4/13 update. I expect big things.
#25 Posted: 03:55:49 13/04/2015 | Topic Creator
It's already 13th April where I live though. :(

I'm so excited though like omg omg omg.
Also I think the pause in 2014 has like, given me massive immunity to homestuck pauses. I didn't care for this small pause one bit lol, while my 2012 self would have went crazy.
---
#26 Posted: 04:09:40 13/04/2015
Current banner on the Homestuck Wikia: [User Posted Image]

My concern increases.

Ohhh I was so lucky bc I caught up like, immediately after Cascade so I wasn't a part of that wait. But after the gigapause, every other pause is "okay whatever I'll deal".

EDIT: I'VE BEEN ALERTED THE UPDATE IS UP YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE LATEST PAGE TO GET TO IT
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:13:03 13/04/2015 by Darby
#27 Posted: 04:24:54 13/04/2015 | Topic Creator
IT'S HERE IT'S HERE AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EDIT: welp, i wasn't expecting that

EDIT 2: Goddammit I'm trying to buy some homestuck clothing that I've wanted for years (The Hero of Time God tier hoodie, and now recently the Cancer hoodie and Terezi Scalemate jacket) but couldn't because they were way too expense ($128 for two homestuck hoodies where I live) and I didn't get paypal until last year and also lack money. But I can't buy anything because What Pumpkin is down, and by the time it comes back up everything will probably be sold out. Why must this happen to me. And I finally have plenty of money for them too. ;___;
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:37:05 14/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#28 Posted: 03:34:16 15/04/2015
^whaaat!? man, i'm sorry, that is expensive.... this is the cheapest they'll ever be too!! ugh.
#29 Posted: 03:43:45 15/04/2015 | Topic Creator
^ It's because Australian money is higher than US money, and also because of postage and handling. .__.

Yes I bought them!! $98 for two homestuck hoodies. Still really expensive (considering that if I was American they would only be like, $70. fml) but still better than the original price. I was considering taking advantage of this sale and buying the Scalemate jacket but it's sold out. ;_;

I bet that there will be another huge sale (possibly even bigger sale) once homestuck actually finishes as a way of celebrating (because why wouldn't they?), so I will buy more stuff then.
---
#30 Posted: 06:50:45 15/04/2015
Yeah still a better deal at least! Just think you'll never get them as cheap again (except you're probably/hopefully right about that sale). There are two prints I've got my eye on, I'd like another hoodie, and I'd love a scalemate plush... Might just go for it tomorrow since it's the last day, given they're not all sold out.

And comic relevant:
so we finally get a LE origin story huh???
[User Posted Image]
DANG. I honestly never even considered LE wasn't completely Caliborn. Now that I think about it though there's no way he could grow those abs himself.

EDIT: AND WHEN GAMZEE SAID BOTH THE MESSIAHS WERE HIM HE WASN'T OUT OF HIS MIND.
Messiahs= Doc Scratch and Lord English
Him getting cut in half was always a gag.
Now we know half of his soul is in Lord English, and half of his soul is in Doc Scratch (this wasn't outright confirmed yet but it might as well be. Doc Scratch=Arquiusprite and Gamzee, that was a popular theory)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:57:39 15/04/2015 by Darby
#31 Posted: 10:48:51 15/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah I'd also love more merchandise and I've also had my eye on the Pyralspite plush for a while now (along with Terezi's scalemate jacket), but I might save that for a later date, maybe for my b'day or something (although my b'day is in Sept soooo.... it's pretty late). There's seriously so much that I want though, but I still lack money. :\

lmao I so wasn't expecting of all characters, Equius and Gamzee are part of Lord English.
I feel so bad for Equius (and all those people who are ether Sagittarius or Capricorn. Thank god I'm a Virgo), he doesn't deserve this. And Dirk technically being the cause for creating Lord English was also unexpected. And so was Caliborn stealing Jake's last name even though that was kind of obvious.

There has also been some people saying that the kids being sucked into the juju could finally be the reason why the comic is called 'Homestuck'. Because the kids are stuck in the juju aka home stuck. I swear to god they better not forever be stuck in there otherwise if they are, I don't think I can honestly continue the comic despite being a massive fan for three years.

Wow Gamzee just keeps on making more and more excuses for me to hate him though. Becoming a traitor, constantly wearing that terrible getup, making Terezi feel even more like $h!+, killing my favourite character in the recent flash, and now becoming part of Lord English. I just find it funny though, since many people including myself just want him to die, yet he just won't stay away from the comic. And to think that he was a fan favourite back in the day and many loved him as Karkat's moirail (thank god that's over. Never liked it since it was one sided. Karkat <> Kanaya ftw).
---
#32 Posted: 14:14:23 22/04/2015 | Topic Creator
bumping this topic because of upd8. sorry for double posting but there is an upd8 i need to bump it. :(

And my god everything is now suddenly somehow making sense in this comic which used to never make sense to me like, ever. Confusing trying to put it all together though (and I'm still a bit confused), but damn Hussies you're genius.

lil hal human form and Doc Scratch technically being Rose's uncle confirmed :D
and goddammit karkat i was enjoying that how could you stop it. apparently it could be vriska's arm since it's a lighter shade of gray, but it looks much more like karkat's clothing than vriska's

Also just discovered that my moon sign is Cancer.
AAAHHHHH YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS. BRB SCREAMING HAPPILY
(i can now wear my karkat cancer hoodie in public and have a better excuse to do so than 'let me tell you about homestuck' lmao)
---
#33 Posted: 02:50:21 23/04/2015
i can die happy
[User Posted Image]
#34 Posted: 10:54:21 23/04/2015 | Topic Creator
^ lmao that's my favourite part of the update <3

major long dialogue rant thing in the spoiler below

Tbh the only thing I'm liking about this new alpha timeline is the fact that Vriska is alive again and can actually do her redemption arc properly this time (and it seems like she's making some progress), and the fact that she stopped Rose into becoming an alcoholic. Like honestly I love this new Vriska, and I love how she's getting along with the others in her own way and is actually staying true to what she promised to John. Other things I liked was how Terezi never went into blackroom with Gamzee, and the fact that Gamzee never went pale with Karkat and never will. It also gives more hope for JohnVrisk being a thing, since this Vriska is still interested in John and never dated a doomed one. John is no longer interested in her, but because this Vriska will be different he might change his mind. Although I had always believed that her death was the best way to end her arc, but considering what happened to her after her death (I hated her GO timeline arc), she's better alive than dead.

I honestly really don't like how Hussie has decided to just recon everything. It's literally the easy way out of a tough situation and I've honestly thought he was better than that. At first I was okay with it, but after discovering the amount of stuff that actually changed I'm honestly not happy with it. I much prefer the characters getting over the problems and pushing through. They all died, but there was ways to bring everyone back and work around that issue. Or John could have just got the ring to prevent Aranea from screwing **** up and that's all, since that was the reason why everything went downhill in the first place. I admit that I would have been more okay with this if we didn't spend like, 3 years focusing on 'doomed' characters, so I find it hard to accept the new ones (except new Vriska. she's cool. I also didn't like Terezi's old route ether, but I'd rater her facing it all, accepting her regaining of sight and pushing through rather than preventing it from happening. Same thing with Rose).

Also now a bunch of my favourite scenes have now been changed. The fabulous dickfight over Terezi with Karkat and Dave never happened, Karkat never had a tantrum over a chair, and most importantly Karkat never tried to cheer up Terezi when she doubted herself (and freaking called her beautiful) in that Meenah walk-around.

Also I do like Davekat but to me it seems forced in this update and I'm really not buying it. If it was done better then I may have liked it more. At first I thought it was because Dave/Terezi was no longer a thing so Karkat never had a conflict with Dave over Terezi, but looking back at Act 5, Karkat had arguments with Dave over Terezi even there and his eyes has always been on Terezi as far back as Act 5 (seriously for like, 5 years Karkat has been known to love Terezi, and now it apparently has suddenly changed. heck karkat even died with terezi in one timeline). I just feel that it's a bit out of character (or at least too random) for him to suddenly like Dave romantically, and to me Hussie is now pulling all these relationships out of nowhere (first Meenah/Vriska and now Davekat, I'm not really liking JohnRoxy ether since it doesn't have the buildup like JohnVrisk did but the fandom loves it so...). Although honestly, in that update I really saw the Davekat thing as pale/bros/best friends and nothing more, but apparently Hussie stated it as cannon? It didn't look like a relationship to me but.... I don't freaking know lol. All I can think of is that Moirails is still kind of dating and when Hussie posted that tweet which apparently made Davekat cannon he was also including moirail relationships too, so Karezi can still be a thing. Tbh if Davekat happened in the GO timeline I would have liked it, since that timeline showed how they became bros over the years and it would have meant Karkat moved on from Terezi. Also I swear to god Hussie stated one time that Dave wasn't gay. This may not rule out bi, but this should mean that Dave wouldn't have interest in the same sex and hence should also rule out bi. It just saddens me because it seems like the entire homestuck fandom is happy that this ship is apparently cannon, and I feel like the only one who isn't buying it.

It seems like what people are angry the most about this update is the fact that Vriska is in the spotlight again and is the one who has changed everything, and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't mind it lol. Some people have pointed out that this update might be mostly false because of the fact that it's Vriska narrating it, and we might get the truth next update on Monday. I hope this is true.

ALSO WHILE ALL THIS HAPPY STUFF IS HAPPENING MEANWHILE POOR JADE IS LITERALLY DEPRESSED, SITTING PRETTY MUCH BY HERSELF ON SOME SHIP BELIEVING SHE'S KILLED JOHN AND DAVESPRITE. I WANT HER TO BE HAPPY DAMMIT. POOR THING. Also considering Jade really only had Dave or Karkat as possible love interests (and even then it was really only Dave), I wonder who she will get with now, if she does get with anyone lol.

i swear to god having karezi as your ultimate otp is so freaking hard lol. it's like one of the hardest ships to ship in homestuck. first the whole issue was because of davexterezi which lasted for years, and the minute davexterezi no longer became a thing and some hope finally arives everyone dies, and then the 'you don't need him' thing and then this latest upd8 lol. davejade and johnvrisk have been pretty hard to ship too, but davejade never really had a thing so it could start any time and johnvrisk has some hope again with the new vriska. i feel like giving up on karezi but at the same time don't want to, because if it does turn out to be endgame i want to be all like 'yeah and i never gave up on this ship no matter how much it went through. blood sweat and tears went into this ship and it was worth it'. at this point i seriously wish rosemary was my ultimate otp. rosemary shippers have it so easy.

also tumblr logo confirmed to be lord english. if you hover the mouse over the logo it literally gives off the same colours as lord english
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 12:04:44 23/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#35 Posted: 20:37:11 23/04/2015
Same tbh. I'm not as invested in Karezi as I was when I first got into HS, but it still hurts. ;_;
Tho slightly less cause Vriska and Terezi were p cute in that update.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#36 Posted: 22:24:19 23/04/2015
I hope the next update is a PSYCHE -- Vriska being a unreliable narrator and everyone is still having melodrama. Hell, this is already implied by "Vriskagram" -- everything is filtered by Vriska, and the artists in this flash were told to draw in a rough, unfinished style.

also i dont like davekat -- but it doesn't really matter since hussie kills ships constantly
#37 Posted: 02:31:29 24/04/2015
Ohhh update thoughts.

^yeah, I'm pretty sure the joke is that this is Vriska showing things as perfect and idealized because of her. What a Vriska thing to do. Take this old quote from Andrew's Formspring: Quote:
Vriska, if anything, would be a further distortion of a Parody Sue, like an “Evil Parody Sue”, and even then, in a kind of meta way. She lives her life as her own self-aggrandizing, wildly powerful self-insert character, always comes out on top, and never suffers consequences. She even sort of mocks her own intent on this on a meta level by “self-inserting” into the kids’ story and influencing their events, as she said. And when I say “she mocks” I guess I mean “I mock".
That, like, sums up what we're seeing.
I think she's gonna screw things up soon.
Their problems are still going to surface (Rose's drinking).
Terezi worked to make this the alpha timeline though like it's because of her going through the struggles in the Game Over timeline that she made it possible for things to go differently. She told herself at certain points of her life what she needed to hear to avoid disaster down the line.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:10 24/04/2015 by Darby
#38 Posted: 03:01:41 24/04/2015 | Topic Creator
^ lmao I can't believe I'm saying this because I want the cast to be happy, but I hope it's true. Literally the only thing that has changed is that Vriska is now alive instead of dead, and I don't see how one person can change so much events.

On another note, I really hope Hussie isn't taking this 'gay singularity' thing seriously. I care about relationships based on whether they have had good build up, if their personality matches nicely, good chemistry, etc, so if two characters go together nicely to me I will ship them regardless of gender. My three otps just happened to be hetro (Karezi, DaveJade and JohnVris) in this comic (I have same sex otps in other stuff). At the moment it seems like Hussie has decided to throw good pairings that work really well based on their personality out the window (ones that have even had sexual tension for 4 years) just to pair up characters based on their gender instead, and that honestly isn't okay. Making Davekat a thing just because it's the same gender isn't okay. Making a comic exclusively same sex ships is just as bad as exclusively hetro ships, and it's lazy gay representation. And it's annoying how when someone calls this out, they get called homophobic when it's really hetrophobia that's happening. Hussie seems to be pushing the fans on, and I'm losing a bit of respect for him.

Quote: Carmelita Fox
I hope the next update is a PSYCHE -- Vriska being a unreliable narrator and everyone is still having melodrama. Hell, this is already implied by "Vriskagram" -- everything is filtered by Vriska, and the artists in this flash were told to draw in a rough, unfinished style.

also i dont like davekat -- but it doesn't really matter since hussie kills ships constantly

Lol yeah I have heard about this, and I'm hoping it's true tbh. I believed it at first until I let it all truly sink in. And I find it funny how nearly the entire fandom is believing it all to be true, like they actually trust Vriska as a narrator. It's a shame we have to wait until Monday. And now that I think about it, the latest update does look more like a PSYCHE/mockery, since it didn't really feel like homestuck to me. I'm now not jumping to any conclusions about the current shipping until Monday, because Hussie could just be ****ing with us.

I prefer Davekat as pale/bros/best friends forever. They're my brotp. Although if Karezi and Davejade can't work out then Davekat and Jadekat would be my second best pairings. I even like DavexMayor for some reason. As long as it's not Karnep I'm fine.
---
Edited 12 times - Last edited at 11:29:28 25/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#39 Posted: 01:43:25 27/04/2015 | Topic Creator
UPD8

Ok I was a bit upset on Monday because I thought that this timeline was the alpha, but I'm suspicious again (and thank god). This doesn't seem right at all. Everyone is just sucking up to Vriska, and everyone is acting out of character. This whole timeline so far doesn't feel right at all. I'm betting it's because John didn't follow Terezi's instructions accordingly. He ****ed up the 'You don't need him' by writing his own name underneath (I still believe it was directed towards Gamzee, Doc Scratch or some other 'him' who's not expected, and Hussie put it there to make it less obvious), and then told Terezi later on not to date Dave. And then he didn't give Vriska his wallet. I feel that the whole Terezi Karkat and Dave conflict occurred differently because John interfered with the 'You don't need him' thing. And I'm guessing John not giving Vriska his wallet was important because it resulted in.... what is happening now. Vriska when will you for once stay true to your words towards John???

Also I'm loving Terezi even more for bringing up the dead trolls. It's about time someone brought them up. And I refuse to believe that GO Davesprite didn't go with John and Roxy.

I'm glad tbh because I really didn't want the original timeline to be thrown out the window.

to be honest i think this whole reconing thing has made me realize that i like the game over timeline more than i thought. it showed that the characters were only teenagers and hence suffer from teenage related problems. these new bunch of characters have never suffered 'human' problems and it makes them less lovable to me. i may sound like a terrible person but i'd rather the game over timeline be cannon than this new 'happy' timeline where everything is sunshine and rainbows. i don't know, this new timeline just doesn't feel right to me. i can't seem to like these new characters.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:43:56 28/04/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#40 Posted: 21:13:09 30/04/2015
goddamn the dialogue is stiff
#41 Posted: 02:10:41 01/05/2015 | Topic Creator
The characters seem more like themselves now.... but I still prefer their GO selves. GO Karkat is my favourite character but I can't seem to like this new version of him as much and it's annoying. Also tbh I don't think I'm liking John as much as I used to ether. I understand that he has grown up and matured from the cute airhead he used to be and I like the character development, but he just seems whiny to me now and just.... annoying.

But I'm really pissed off at the fact that so far this timeline as been straight up fandom pandering. The comic hasn't felt like 'Homestuck' to me since the Vriskagram. Literally everything so far since Vriskagram has been a ****load of shipfuel and pandering to the fandom at tumblr, and it's working. I can't bring myself to like these new characters because of the fact that Hussie has given them character development off-screen, compared to the GO characters having their development on screen. I hate the fact that Hussie has decided to completely rewrite a lot of his characters, and this change just happen to come into line with the current popular ships, social justice issues and headcannons going on at tumblr. I didn't think that Hussie was the type of guy to do this, but I guess I was wrong. Although considering he decided to throw JohnVris out the window for JohnRoxy just because JohnRoxy for some reason became a popular crack ship in the fandom, I guess I should have seen this coming. After I watched the Vriskagram I thought that Hussie new what he was doing considering an amazing plot twist came right before that flash but.... I'm so confused right now and I'm actually worried that Hussie is literally just rushing this final bit so he can work on the Hiveswap game.

Although I am happy that blackrom has finally been discussed and confirmed not to be abusive. Which means Gamrezi was indeed an abusive relationship.
Also lol blackrom Johnrezi somewhat confirmed? lmao I actually like the thought of it, I would so ship it, and John would treat her way better than Gamzee. As long as it doesn't enter redrom territory I'm fine (I know redrom Karezi is pretty much sunk at this point if this new timeline continues until the end but.... I really don't want to lose hope just yet).

Also I am looking forwad to the Karkat/Kanaya/Vriska, Vriska/Terezi, John/Jake and Vriska/Jake/Tavrosprite conversations.
---
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 10:48:09 01/05/2015 by DarkCynder_543
#42 Posted: 00:51:13 07/05/2015
[User Posted Image]
hussle strikes again
#43 Posted: 12:03:56 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
omg I was not suspecting that to happen at all. Goddammit Hussie. now all we need is for jake to eat his baby :D

Thank god that the pre-retcon characters are still important to the plot because I probably would have given up on the comic if Hussie just threw them out the window after spending so much time on them.

I mean I would have much preferred ether pre-retcon Karkat, Terezi or Dave coming back than Rose since they're the ones most different to their post-retcon counterparts. Pre-retcon Karkat has shown to be much more than just the shouty guy who likes romcoms unlike the new Karkat (which I'm pissed off about because Karkat is my fave dammit), and pre-retcon Terezi and Dave both were in the middle of a character arc which I really wanted to see the end of. I hope at least those three remain relevant since I much prefer them over their new counterparts, Karkat and Terezi in particular.
---
#44 Posted: 01:23:53 13/05/2015
now this upd8 .. dis is what i like
i cant wait for it to go all wrong
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:57 13/05/2015 by Carmelita Fox
#45 Posted: 02:29:44 13/05/2015
this update made it hit me the big ol' finale is coming
#46 Posted: 08:47:57 15/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Ok so Homestuck can now go down in two ways:

1) Has a ****ty ending where Vriska's plan works, the new timeline has been literally too easy and is also being 'The Vriska Show'.
2) This whole plan scews up and more retcon shenanigans. Vriska's plan to defeat Lord English is a huge signal to this.

Also I had a theory that Pre-Retcon Vriska's biggest enemy will be her Post-Retcon self, and she may fight her Post-Retcon self, receive a huge wake-up call and actually finished her redemption arc. I can't believe that this theory may actually come into play in cannon. I freaking called this and I can't believe it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:51:51 15/05/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#47 Posted: 08:10:21 23/05/2015
There is also the third option (the one that gets used all the time in the comic): Hussie does something bizarre nobody expected. :D

I gave up on even trying to predict Homestuck long ago. It's just too convoluted. I devote all the space that is reserved for predictions in every other media to creating off the wall fanfics when it comes to Homestuck, because that's really all you can do. :D
#48 Posted: 08:25:05 23/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah that third option sounds pretty cool. Ether way I'm hoping that Rosesprite is an indication that the Pre-recton characters aren't going to be forgotten about, since I prefer Karkat, Terezi and Dave in that timeline. And that's rather annoying considering those three are my favourite characters (along with Vriska and Jade, but Vriska's ghost self is still relevant and Jade isn't really different).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:28:28 23/05/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#49 Posted: 08:45:56 23/05/2015
I've been very worried about Karkat since the RetJohn timeline really kicked into gear. Poor little guy is not himself. Something is going to go horribly wrong, I can just feel it. Hussie is a merciless god.
#50 Posted: 17:06:54 23/05/2015
trying and failing to predict homestuck is my favorite hobby
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me