Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > all-purpose LEGO Dimensions topic! (REST IN PIECES)
First | Page 2 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
all-purpose LEGO Dimensions topic! (REST IN PIECES)
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#51 Posted: 03:24:53 10/04/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Jesus, it's so expensive, but I need that BTTF set sO BAD.

I even got the actual DeLorean set when it came out for 50 bucks, just GIVE IT TO ME ALREADY.
Also, I demand Green Lantern be put in this game.

Yes, yes, and yes.
---
Spread those positive vibes
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#52 Posted: 04:08:49 10/04/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
And you have to build the portal. RIP when you lose some bricks.

I know the allure of legos is building, so I get having to build the toys you use. Just seems backwards I would have to pay $100 to build a toy to use in a game that is basically digital content. Now, if your creation comes to alive in the game, then yeah, I'd say it would be legitimate competition.

Prices on the surface of it...expensive. I'd obviously need to know more to see if it's justified. Not really into the Legos building and such, but I know the kids loved the movie. Will be interesting to gauge their interest level. I feed off their enthusiasm, as my soul was removed long ago.

It doesn't seem that's a thing. While you can build an official vehicle from the game I doubt make your own creation.

Yeah building your own stuff doesn't seem to be a thing. All the first wave packs released with the game are just twin packs of characters and then 2 expansion packs that have a little vehicle in them ( back to the future ).

I think they really missed out on something special by not allowing people to build anything and transfer it into the game. Without that, it's basically just Like all the other toys to life games ( DI mostly charscter wise ). Hopefully they'll eventually be able to do it in the future.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#53 Posted: 04:12:56 10/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
Quote: TakeYourLemons

I know the allure of legos is building, so I get having to build the toys you use. Just seems backwards I would have to pay $100 to build a toy to use in a game that is basically digital content. Now, if your creation comes to alive in the game, then yeah, I'd say it would be legitimate competition.

Prices on the surface of it...expensive. I'd obviously need to know more to see if it's justified. Not really into the Legos building and such, but I know the kids loved the movie. Will be interesting to gauge their interest level. I feed off their enthusiasm, as my soul was removed long ago.

It doesn't seem that's a thing. While you can build an official vehicle from the game I doubt make your own creation.

Yeah building your own stuff doesn't seem to be a thing. All the first wave packs released with the game are just twin packs of characters and then 2 expansion packs that have a little vehicle in them ( back to the future ).

I think they really missed out on something special by not allowing people to build anything and transfer it into the game. Without that, it's basically just Like all the other toys to life games ( DI mostly charscter wise ). Hopefully they'll eventually be able to do it in the future.

There is a Lego game that does this, however.
I forget the name, but all the bricks are essentially like a QR code and an app is trained to read them to make the creation come to life.

Maybe that game was to test the waters for gameplay like that in Dimensions? After all, Joel McHale edited the Batmobile in the trailer. Maybe it has the same abilities?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#54 Posted: 04:14:13 10/04/2015
Sucks that Disney owned properties won't be in this game. No Marvel X DC or Star wars X Lord Of The Rings. :(
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#55 Posted: 04:48:24 10/04/2015
Quote:
I think they really missed out on something special by not allowing people to build anything and transfer it into the game.

And how would you suppose they do this? This is completely unrealistic, even if they coded each piece (which would add a lot to the already expensive price). How would the game know where each piece is located? At best each set could unlock the pieces in the game and you could build from them.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#56 Posted: 04:56:17 10/04/2015
Quote: somePerson
Sucks that Disney owned properties won't be in this game. No Marvel X DC or Star wars X Lord Of The Rings. smilie

If they can find a way to do it though, it would be the most amazing thing to ever exist.....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#57 Posted: 05:33:13 10/04/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Quote: Windumup
So basically, cashing in on the Lego movie's popularity before the sequel happens? (With the Lego movie already being an Advertisement Movie)

Money hungry goons >.<

Guessin you didn't go see The Lego Movie.

I did see it (for free) and it was exactly as what I thought it would be.

So basically, cashing in on the Lego movie's popularity before the sequel happens? (With the Lego movie already being an Advertisement Movie)

Money hungry goons >.<

I guess you don't know how the marketing world works.

Marketing vs just milking a cash cow "Oh Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Nintendo's amiibos look cool so lets make lego versions"
Watch this Lego Dimensions become the next amiibos
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#58 Posted: 06:13:19 10/04/2015
The game is so expensive because it's a half lego building kit (allmost 300 pieces).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:54:19 10/04/2015 by Jeriba
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#59 Posted: 06:43:55 10/04/2015

Money hungry goons >.<

Marketing vs just milking a cash cow "Oh Skylanders/Disney Infinity/Nintendo's amiibos look cool so lets make lego versions"

Yeah, you seriously don't know how marketing works. Milking the franchise is exactly how marketing works in some cases, and these won't be the next amiibo. amiibo are used across multiple games each with different usage that makes them unique while these are just all on one standard game and will be as stated by LEGO themselves.
---
words. letters. filler.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#60 Posted: 07:39:29 10/04/2015

Yeah, you seriously don't know how marketing works. Milking the franchise is exactly how marketing works in some cases, and these won't be the next amiibo. amiibo are used across multiple games each with different usage that makes them unique while these are just all on one standard game and will be as stated by LEGO themselves.

Windumup, stop thinking you're an expert on everything, you aren't. Lego have always been popular, Lego star wars was amazing, then thye made a bunch of other Lego games, lego has also been one of the top selling items for children for like...Half a decade.

Also, do you not know the reason they keep making skylanders? No, it's not because Activison (or whoever the **** does Spyro now) wants you to have entertainment and fun! It's because they want money, I don't play Skylanders but I've always and will always hold to the fact it was one of the greatest marketing ploys ever. The reason they still make Skylanders is because they rake in so much money that's it's ****ing incredible, they probably make more in a day off of little kids bugging their parents for Skylanders than The Avengers made at the box office in a week. This is marketing.

Do you honestly think Lego Movie was an advertisement movie? Obviously it promotes Lego but it's not an 'advertisement' movie by my definition. Hollywood is money hungry, get used to it, the world is money hungry, get used to it. The world literally runs on money.

Honestly if people have fun then who gives a ****?
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#61 Posted: 09:27:19 10/04/2015
I think the price is gonna be a big problem with this game - £99.99 for a starter pack (equal to USD $149.99). I think I'll pass on this game.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#62 Posted: 09:45:40 10/04/2015
Quote: TTD
I think the price is gonna be a big problem with this game - £99.99 for a starter pack (equal to USD $149.99). I think I'll pass on this game.

Sadly, I agree with TTD. I'm just not paying that much money for a starter pack. I mentioned earlier that I might just get a Fun Pack for fun(heh), but that would probably be how much I spend on this brand. I do like the idea though, its just the price of the items that's putting me off.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#63 Posted: 10:26:36 10/04/2015

What? $149.99? Why is it cheaper here than in Europe?
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#64 Posted: 13:37:14 10/04/2015
Quote: Medicus

What? $149.99? Why is it cheaper here than in Europe?

Unfortunately it seems to be a trend with video games these days. The only company that does charge the same price as the US is nintendo.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#65 Posted: 14:37:01 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
here's the link to pre-order the BTTF set:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wb...8&skuId=6618021

IMPORTANT EDIT:

http://s15.postimg.org/dm1279gd7/CCOh_KNc_Uw_AAngp7.jpg

BILBO BAGGINS AND BART SIMPSON.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:03:43 10/04/2015 by ZapNorris
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#66 Posted: 15:09:15 10/04/2015
Oh Crap. Must have Simpsons level.
#67 Posted: 15:10:21 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Simpsons set will kill my wallet. My wallet is a lootcrate simpsons wallet. DOH!
#68 Posted: 15:16:19 10/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

If you look closely at the top of the box you can see other characters in the game.
#69 Posted: 15:16:52 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wreckingball13
[User Posted Image]

If you look closely at the top of the box you can see other characters in the game.

wallet=dead
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#70 Posted: 16:19:48 10/04/2015

Money hungry goons >.<

Oh, so you never had a childhood/don't have a soul/are an idiot/don't know how to have fun/don't know a good movie when you see one/are a piece of trash?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#71 Posted: 16:21:54 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator

Oh, so you never had a childhood/don't have a soul/are an idiot/don't know how to have fun/don't know a good movie when you see one/are a piece of trash?

REKT.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#72 Posted: 16:36:17 10/04/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: ZapNorris
The bttf set is 25 bucks. Kill me now

And I'm out. Nope.

lol $25 for an Adventure/Play Set and you're out lol...sarcasm?

One LEGO figure and two minikit sets with RFID capability isn't enough to justify such a high price.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#73 Posted: 16:36:56 10/04/2015
I just need Benny the "1980's something Spaceguy"....SPACESHIP!!!!! I still have the originals in my collection. My daughter wants the Lego Ninja Turtles (Nick show version), BAD!!!!
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#74 Posted: 16:47:06 10/04/2015

And I'm out. Nope.

One LEGO figure and two minikit sets with RFID capability isn't enough to justify such a high price.

What about two minikit sets, a figure, and an entirely new level for a video game?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#75 Posted: 16:47:47 10/04/2015
You know what would make a really good level. Scooby Doo.

I just need Benny the "1980's something Spaceguy"....SPACESHIP!!!!! I still have the originals in my collection. My daughter wants the Lego Ninja Turtles (Nick show version), BAD!!!!

Lego doesn't have the license for TMNT anymore sadly.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#76 Posted: 16:48:22 10/04/2015

What about two minikit sets, a figure, and an entirely new level for a video game?

Still not feeling it, since LEGOs are so cheap to mass produce. I'll be sticking with the high detail and not easy to loose Skylanders and Amiibo.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#77 Posted: 16:52:42 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
You know what would make a really good level. Scooby Doo.

Lego doesn't have the license for TMNT anymore sadly.

you know what else is owned by WB? HARRY POTTER!!
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#78 Posted: 16:54:17 10/04/2015

And I'm out. Nope.

I think the Skylanders Adventure Packs cost $25 too. And we don't know what the levels could be like, they could be twice as long as an Adventure Pack. They might not even be JUST "levels", they could unlock other things too, like how the APs unlocked Arenas.

Also, I think there might be a sandbox mode like DI, or some form of customization. I doubt LEGO is going to make a game this expensive just so people can have LEGO sets and in-game characters/vehicles/etc.. Maybe the BttF set would also unlock something for that, too.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#79 Posted: 16:54:57 10/04/2015
Guys btw the level packs are $29.99 :/
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#80 Posted: 17:07:26 10/04/2015

That's not so bad. In the BTTF set you get a level/zone, a figure and two vehicles. It's pretty standard to be honest. I think DI is still the most outrageously priced @ $40 for two figs and a level (Toy be fair they also unlock Toy Box content too).
#81 Posted: 17:13:25 10/04/2015

That's not so bad. In the BTTF set you get a level/zone, a figure and two vehicles. It's pretty standard to be honest. I think DI is still the most outrageously priced @ $40 for two figs and a level (Toy be fair they also unlock Toy Box content too).

I know, but a couple of members were saying it was 25 so I was just informing them.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#82 Posted: 18:05:13 10/04/2015
some info from familygamertv about the lego game..

see pictures of more packs here..
http://nintendoeverything.com/...ifferent-packs/

[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:27 10/04/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#83 Posted: 18:14:16 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Disney Infinity just crapped itself.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#84 Posted: 18:19:27 10/04/2015

Disney Infinity was never really that big of a contender among the Toys-to-Life games. It put way to much focus on a lackluster Toy Box mode making it an overall uninteresting game as there was a better game out there for everything it was trying to do (Skylander has better prices, better story, and Minecraft is an overall better sandbox game.)

The only thing it had going for it was a pool of Disney owned characters. Which even then, it couldn't particularly do that right completely ignoring some of Disney's core classics to instead release figures for the newest movies to rake in the highest profits. Sure, that's business, but it leaves for a vast number of core Disney characters being completely ignored which is still a lot of money left on the table.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#85 Posted: 18:28:31 10/04/2015
Quote: Seiki

Disney Infinity was never really that big of a contender among the Toys-to-Life games. It put way to much focus on a lackluster Toy Box mode making it an overall uninteresting game as there was a better game out there for everything it was trying to do (Skylander has better prices, better story, and Minecraft is an overall better sandbox game.)

The only thing it had going for it was a pool of Disney owned characters. Which even then, it couldn't particularly do that right completely ignoring some of Disney's core classics to instead release figures for the newest movies to rake in the highest profits. Sure, that's business, but it leaves for a vast number of core Disney characters being completely ignored which is still a lot of money left on the table.

I played DI 2.0 today and yesterday and realized how low quality the game is. Sound effects won't play (Sometimes music). camera glitches, awkward animation and even some animation is missing over all (Groot has NO landing animation. Jumps, falls and just appears back on the ground).

It surprises me that such a big company would have such a low quality, rushed game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:16 10/04/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
#86 Posted: 18:47:25 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
sometimes when i play 2.0 as hulk, the enitre game's audio skips. Wow.
#87 Posted: 18:58:40 10/04/2015

Really? Ugh, I already decided to not get 3.0. I highly doubt it'll be any different from the first two. Sure, Star Wars will be a part of it but I'm not interested in the EXACT same again. I plan to focus on Sky 5, the amiibos I want and MAYBE Lego Dimensions.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#88 Posted: 19:02:49 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator

Really? Ugh, I already decided to not get 3.0. I highly doubt it'll be any different from the first two. Sure, Star Wars will be a part of it but I'm not interested in the EXACT same again. I plan to focus on Sky 5, the amiibos I want and MAYBE Lego Dimensions.

my 3 main focuses are gonna be.

1. amiibo
2. LD
3. sky5
#89 Posted: 19:08:21 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Dimensions
#90 Posted: 19:09:22 10/04/2015

1. amiibo
2. LD
3. sky5

Sad, how the biggest DI enthusiast is not even gonna focus on it DI3.

But seriously though, this blows DI out of the water big time.
---
#91 Posted: 19:12:06 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator

1. amiibo
2. LD
3. sky5

DI has FAILED ME
#92 Posted: 19:13:38 10/04/2015
DI 1 was good, but 2 was terrible. It was glitchy, playsets were crap, and the toy Box wasn't that fun.
#93 Posted: 19:14:12 10/04/2015

1. amiibo
2. LD
3. sky5

DI has FAILED ME

How has it? Everything I mentioned above or were you underwhelmed by DI 2.0?
---
#94 Posted: 19:14:59 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
DI 1 was good, but 2 was terrible. It was glitchy, playsets were crap, and the toy Box wasn't that fun.

the toy box overwhelmed me. all i ever did was jump around as hulk smilie

Now what shall i do with my GOTG, Avengers, Venom, Merida, Hiro, and Mike Wazowski figures?
#95 Posted: 19:15:39 10/04/2015

Now what shall i do with my GOTG, Avengers, Venom, Merida, Hiro, and Mike Wazowski figures?

Display them on a shelf.
#96 Posted: 19:15:44 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator

DI has FAILED ME

How has it? Everything I mentioned above or were you underwhelmed by DI 2.0?

i was expecting it to be a Huge improvement.
#97 Posted: 19:16:36 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator

Display them on a shelf.

Good idea, since my baymax won't work anymore.
#98 Posted: 19:19:07 10/04/2015
I MIGHT Give away both of my games, but keep Hiro, Baymax, Stitch, Jack Sparrow and Ralph.
---
#99 Posted: 19:21:26 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I MIGHT Give away both of my games, but keep Hiro, Baymax, Stitch, Jack Sparrow and Ralph.

I even traded in my stitch to gamestop. i still see him every time i go in there.

I've got a 360 version of DI 2.0 i might give away on my instagram.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#100 Posted: 19:35:28 10/04/2015
My main focuses this year:

1) amiibo.
2) Either LD or DI depending on what LD announces.
3) Skylanders. I'll only get something if it's on sale, it's the worst TTL game right now. I still like it because it started/re-introduced one of my favourite genres, though.

IMO, DI is the best TTL game. I like the Toy Box, but problems with my Xbox made me unable to play it for long. When I get 3.0 on the Wii U, I should be able to play the Toy Box for longer.

However, amiibo is the best it terms of figures as if now. And Skylanders haven't come anywhere close to crashing GameStop, so that says a lot about amiibo's popularity compared to Skylanders. I'm surprised Acti still isn't introducing anything truly innovative and still relying on the TTL gimmick. Even DI and amiibo have another unique thing (DI has the Toy Box, amiibo can be used on multiple games). I hope LD doesn't go down the same route as Skylanders, or it'll end up being as unknown as the Telepods/UB Funkeys. Skylanders is only know for starting/re-introducing the TTL gimmick.
---
You can't handle MEMES
First | Page 2 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me