Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > all-purpose LEGO Dimensions topic! (REST IN PIECES)
First | Previous | Page 11 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
all-purpose LEGO Dimensions topic! (REST IN PIECES)
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#501 Posted: 15:07:46 03/03/2017
Rumors have been spread for a while, now, but there's no indication that it's true. They did say they had a 3-year plan. I'm not sure why people are saying sales are low when it seems very popular, to me. I was pretty sure that they had more sales during year 2 as I saw lots of people posting on their facebook page that they just bought it after Infinity was canceled.

Quote: Halvmorke
Well, LD is VERY expensive and its gameplay is really limited. Don't missunderstand me, I love Lego games, but they ware what they are, there's no way of selling so much content at those prices without deep gameplay variety. And it's more oriented to collector adults that like cult-like franchises than for childrens (one of the things I don't like LD despite being a hardcore Lego fan).

It's really no different than Skylanders, and you didn't have to buy a new starter pack every year. At least LD added new abilities and battle mode for year 2. Each franchise added adventure worlds (and sometimes levels) to add to the gameplay. That's something Skylanders never did. And since the characters could cross-over and interact with each other, that blew Infinity out of the water. As for the prices, I know some of the packs got expensive, but they could easily be bought on sale for decent prices. Much of the cost was because of the Legos. Many even bought the sets just for the Legos, even if they didn't have the game, because they were at similar prices (sometimes cheaper when on sale) than regular Lego sets that were similar, and since many were unique to LD, it made it even better.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#502 Posted: 15:41:59 15/03/2017
Welp level: maximum
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#503 Posted: 15:46:48 15/03/2017 | Topic Creator
BRACING FOR IMPACT
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#504 Posted: 15:50:31 15/03/2017
Wait, what's going on?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#505 Posted: 15:52:21 15/03/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Wait, what's going on?

As someone said in the replies, it starts with "D" and end with "imensions is getting canned after year two". There's nothing else in LD that could be that controversial for the guy to apologize in advance.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:52:56 15/03/2017 by Bifrost
#506 Posted: 15:54:37 15/03/2017
Oh, he's being attack for saying it? ****.

How likely does it look that it is cancelled then? I haven't played the game is over a year but the Adventure Time stuff made made me curious again.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#507 Posted: 15:57:02 15/03/2017
He has yet to say it, people are just warning in advance that no matter how much he apologizes, butthurt's gonna happen.

I don't really know since I haven't been following anything, but from the outside it didn't seem it was doing badly at all. Sonic and AT are popular and everything.
---
#508 Posted: 16:24:14 15/03/2017 | Topic Creator
welp.
#509 Posted: 16:36:17 15/03/2017
Whole site is down now, apparently server issues.

http://webcache.googleusercont...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Cached version provided by the guy. If, unlike DI and Skylanders, the sources have no reason for this, it might just be fear that the genre is dead taking the game with it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:19:53 15/03/2017 by Bifrost
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#510 Posted: 20:55:48 15/03/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Whole site is down now, apparently server issues.

http://webcache.googleusercont...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Cached version provided by the guy. If, unlike DI and Skylanders, the sources have no reason for this, it might just be fear that the genre is dead taking the game with it.

im calling that after this, amiibo have like a year left to live
#511 Posted: 21:16:50 15/03/2017
Amiibo doesn't even need to fear this though. Sales aside, it's not like Nintendo needs to deliver a game every year for these figures or even bother with regular releases. Unless they give in to shareholders of course, but worse that can happen currently is cancelling the final Smash amiibos for real(ugh) and focusing on tie-ins to new games only.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#512 Posted: 22:13:43 15/03/2017
Yeah, Amiibos aren't so much toys to life as they collectible figurines of your favorite Nintendo characters... That provide a bonus in some games if you so desire. So I see it as the toy line that will last the longest. But sad to hear this about Dimensions, btw.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#513 Posted: 16:08:02 17/03/2017
LEGO's twitter says the series is not cancelled. So while the lack of stuff and the delays are suspicious, they haven't given up on it yet?
---
#514 Posted: 17:03:57 17/03/2017
Quote: Bifrost
LEGO's twitter says the series is not cancelled. So while the lack of stuff and the delays are suspicious, they haven't given up on it yet?

While that seems like good news, it doesn't necessarily mean the rumors are false. It's not canceled (officially), so they can say that, for now. I doubted the rumors, but the article did give some good reasoning behind their belief. And for someone who has followed their progress, especially on social media, along with all the behind-the-scenes information from this article, it's starting to not look good.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:22 17/03/2017 by obidawsn
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#515 Posted: 17:49:46 17/03/2017
Dang it, so now it seems like we got another Skylanders situation on our hands, where one supposedly reliable source says one thing but then the official source says another.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#516 Posted: 19:26:43 25/04/2017
Lego Dimensions packs have showed up at my Dollar Store today. First Skylanders, then Disney Infinity, and now this. Unbelievable.

Anybody else find any at other discount stores? I managed to locate Emmet, Unikitty, and Krusty fun packs, as well as the Simpsons Level Pack. They are all $4, even the level pack. So it's like you can get 3-4 of any pack for the price of one fun pack. Better get them while I can!

Inb4 Amiibo gets stocked up there soon...
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#517 Posted: 13:05:33 28/04/2017
Quote: LameLime
Lego Dimensions packs have showed up at my Dollar Store today. First Skylanders, then Disney Infinity, and now this. Unbelievable.

Anybody else find any at other discount stores? I managed to locate Emmet, Unikitty, and Krusty fun packs, as well as the Simpsons Level Pack. They are all $4, even the level pack. So it's like you can get 3-4 of any pack for the price of one fun pack. Better get them while I can!

Inb4 Amiibo gets stocked up there soon...

Which Dollar Store? I know the 99 cent store apparently got a bunch of packs (fun, team, and level packs) for 99 cents each! I don't have one near me, so I didn't get in on the deal. They all were year 1 packs, so it's not surprising that they would be in stores at a lower cost (like Five Below having the earlier fun packs), but I was surprised they had the level packs for 99 cents. I felt like that was a mistake on their part (as I researched and found that they do sometimes carry product at prices that aren't 99 cents).
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#518 Posted: 22:24:09 16/05/2017
Quote: obidawsn
Which Dollar Store? I know the 99 cent store apparently got a bunch of packs (fun, team, and level packs) for 99 cents each! I don't have one near me, so I didn't get in on the deal. They all were year 1 packs, so it's not surprising that they would be in stores at a lower cost (like Five Below having the earlier fun packs), but I was surprised they had the level packs for 99 cents. I felt like that was a mistake on their part (as I researched and found that they do sometimes carry product at prices that aren't 99 cents).

Sorry for the late post, but here in Canada, it's the famous Dollarama store which blesses us for these deals. Though, since it's nearly a month after they began setting them on the shelves, I don't see any change in pack availability. I'm going there several times and tripping on all the Unikittys at the moment. I think I'll take a look there next month and see if anything has changed.
(Any Canadians reading this? Check the toy section)

By the way, my local EB Games is no longer carrying LEGO Dimensions due to the rumors above (Though, I skimmed the posts) and the classic controversial shelf space issue in smaller stores (Cuz mine is small). Given that my Dollarama is within a decent radius from my house, I'm going to rely on that for my Dimensions fix, unless I'm bold and wanted to head over to Walmart and TRU further off. Sure hope they still have them!
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:37 16/05/2017 by LameLime
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#519 Posted: 22:26:36 16/05/2017
Interesting about EB Games. My nearest Walmart gave the Disney Infinity shelf space to Lego Dimensions after finally clearing out the last of the leftover stock.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11314
#520 Posted: 02:40:49 17/05/2017
I hoping Chima story pack.
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#521 Posted: 00:09:02 08/06/2017
HOLD UP!

Lego Dimensions might still be at E3?????

What sorcery is this?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#522 Posted: 01:32:57 08/06/2017
I hope they announce a port of it on the switch, because the game is so glitched on Wii U I can't play it. But if it was on the switch, I don't see how they'd have the toypad functionality, with 7 being on it at once.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:12 08/06/2017 by mega spyro
#523 Posted: 15:39:43 14/06/2017
It's pretty much what I thought it was going to be. They're just promoting wave 9. Granted, there are two more days, but that's probably all we're getting. There is no Switch port. It's already been confirmed. Which would make sense if they really have stopped development on the game.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#524 Posted: 16:00:02 14/06/2017
Well, guess I'll probably sell my figures then. I'm not getting an Xbox or PS4 any time soon, so I don't have any console where the game can run properly without multiple game breaking glitches.
---
Dead
cookieeater Gold Sparx Gems: 2486
#525 Posted: 20:25:50 15/06/2017
Should i pick up dimensions now or wait for price drops
---
my fursona is a hot dog
#526 Posted: 22:09:39 18/10/2017
Who woulda thought, huh?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ninte...uing_with_lego/
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#527 Posted: 08:10:50 19/10/2017
Well, I guess that's it. All of the big three TTL games are done. It was a fun ride.

Although to be honest, I only started getting into Lego Dimensions fairly recently, so there's still plenty for me to collect. Still not sure if I want to get everything necessary for 100% completion though. I guess I'll at least try to get enough to unlock all the playable worlds and stages.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#528 Posted: 15:22:12 19/10/2017 | Topic Creator
clearance sales when? like i want the sonic set
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#529 Posted: 17:29:53 19/10/2017
Skylanders, Amiibo, lightseekers, and the Ubisoft game are left. They all gotta bring it to stay.
#530 Posted: 17:56:28 19/10/2017
Skylanders as a game is dead until said otherwise, Lightseekers has only 6 figures on the entire lineup and everything else is acessories, and Starlink does not require TTL.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#531 Posted: 18:30:24 19/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I know this is rather off-topic, but please, tell me I misread some of the comments and that there aren't people who still think you need to buy reposes to keep playing with Skylanders you already owned.

Because if that concept isn't clear by now... Well, I don't even know what to say.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#532 Posted: 19:02:27 19/10/2017
Nah, they seem to legit think that.
---
#533 Posted: 19:11:26 19/10/2017
Someone also said in r/games that the figures are being thrown out for being useless, without mentioning that it's Gamestop ending the preowned program and not stores literally throwing away stock - well some do that, but no one's going to discard a CTT just yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:11:43 19/10/2017 by Bifrost
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#534 Posted: 06:14:22 25/10/2017
Gonna be picking up a copy at the now safe price of £29.99. Still, some of those fun/story/level/team/whatever-the-Hell packs are too pricy. One user said it rightly in another thread when they called it the "Lego tax", which is still offputting even though the IP's gone down the toilet.

Is anyone who owns Dimensions still after certain packs or characters? I'm looking for recommendations in case I enjoy the game (and at these prices I better well do).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:15:36 25/10/2017 by Johnbonne
First | Previous | Page 11 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me