darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Does anyone know what happened to Painyatta's voice?
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know what happened to Painyatta's voice?
Slamzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#1 Posted: 02:10:56 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I have to admit I am a little disappointed to find that Painyatta's voice is different than the trailer. I saw his character trailer in a Best Buy a few weeks ago and I was excited. I even scoured my local stores to get a magic trap to trap him.

He no longer has his mexican accent, although Salsa music plays when you deploy him.

Does anyone know why this change occurred? his voice sounds so much different in the trailer.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 03:20:53 03/04/2015
Link to trailer? Not sure I caught that. I wouldn't have minded some authentic voice acting.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#3 Posted: 05:51:47 03/04/2015
lol no way.

Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 06:07:29 03/04/2015
Quote: Slamzilla
I have to admit I am a little disappointed to find that Painyatta's voice is different than the trailer. I saw his character trailer in a Best Buy a few weeks ago and I was excited. I even scoured my local stores to get a magic trap to trap him.

He no longer has his mexican accent, although Salsa music plays when you deploy him.

Does anyone know why this change occurred? his voice sounds so much different in the trailer.

This was intentional, Slamzilla. It's actually common for some characters from the games to have completely different voices in commercials.

Now Pain-Yatta also had another voice in a E3 demo before his final game voice was added (@ 0:49) -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:35:33 03/04/2015 by Aura24
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#5 Posted: 06:16:57 03/04/2015
Quote: Aura24

This was intentional, Slamzilla. The Meet the Villains videos were made after Trap Team was released. It's actually come for some characters from the games to have completely different voices in commercials.

Now Pain-Yatta also had another voice in a E3 demo before his final game voice was added (@ 0:49) -

Buuuuutttttt that doesn't make any since. If the non-Hispanic Painyatta in game voice was recorded before the "Meet the Villains" video why make the later video with a different voice? Unless the "Meet the Villain" videos were recorded while they will finishing up the game. Like how movie scenes are not shot in chronological order and they usually start at the end first.
#6 Posted: 06:24:44 03/04/2015
You can dsregard the 'videos made after Trap Team' bit, but it is possible that the videos were recorded just as the game was going through the post-production phase, to help promote it. But it's no a surprise when a character has a different voice in a commercial, they tend to change voice actors when it comes to the media.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:36:22 03/04/2015 by Aura24
#7 Posted: 13:18:25 03/04/2015
You can dsregard the 'videos made after Trap Team' bit, but it is possible that the videos were recorded just as the game was going through the post-production phase, to help promote it. But it's no a surprise when a character has a different voice in a commercial, they tend to change voice actors when it comes to the media.

That to mean would almost seem like misrepresentation. Doesn't make sense to me. It's like they're not proud of their product.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#8 Posted: 14:22:50 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I think there's definitely a story here. I mean, have you seen a difference so drastic with any of the other villains?

My guess would be that they were afraid the accent was offensive and changed it last minute. I don't really have evidence to back that claim up tho, just the change between the video and the game.

Again it's just so disappointing, because that character trailer for Painyatta actually got me to purchase a new trap! (actually two, since i found an earth one in the middle of a sea of blue, so i now i have 4 traps total). One of my favorite things about this game versus the other entries are the funny voice clips from broccoli guy, and I thought painyatta might even be better. But he's totally boring in game.
#9 Posted: 17:59:46 03/04/2015
So... you like a character only for their accent?
---
#10 Posted: 21:40:50 03/04/2015
I think there's definitely a story here. I mean, have you seen a difference so drastic with any of the other villains?

My guess would be that they were afraid the accent was offensive and changed it last minute. I don't really have evidence to back that claim up tho, just the change between the video and the game.

Again it's just so disappointing, because that character trailer for Painyatta actually got me to purchase a new trap! (actually two, since i found an earth one in the middle of a sea of blue, so i now i have 4 traps total). One of my favorite things about this game versus the other entries are the funny voice clips from broccoli guy, and I thought painyatta might even be better. But he's totally boring in game.

Maybe the PC police thought they would somehow "offend" someone. Personally I think it would've been awesome if he threw out some spanish words--it's clearly from that culture. Embrace it!
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 22:36:48 03/04/2015
Here in Italy we have a really strong voice-acting culture.

Yet, really often, movie trailers, especially the early ones, have different voice actors, compared to the ones that will play in the movie.
I think it's a matter of costs; it's easier to hire a less famous voice actor, for a simple series of trailers, instead of a well known one, that will eventually work in the actual movie.

It bugs me a lot, I know, but I don't think it has to do with the publishers not being proud of the product, or not caring about it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#12 Posted: 23:14:38 04/04/2015 | Topic Creator
So... you like a character only for their accent?

Yes, at leas the accent was a key part of the appeal to me. The accent alone wouldn't have done it, but his whole character (being a piñata, playing salsa music) I found very appealing. As I mentioned earlier, seeing his trailer in a best buy motivated me to track down a magic trap.

He just doesn't even seem to be the same character now. Imagine if dino rang had no Australian accent? I'm not even sure if I'd like him and Dino Rang is probably my all-time favorite skylander.
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#13 Posted: 00:30:24 05/04/2015
Probably just a scheduling conflict with the preferred voice actor and a deadline for either the trailer or the game.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#14 Posted: 22:26:58 05/04/2015
...what? Hear no difference in voice, I do. Partially deaf, I am?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
JLrosen Yellow Sparx Gems: 1110
#15 Posted: 22:52:16 09/12/2016
Then who voices him then?
---
What is there left for this franchise?!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me