darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders getting destroyed in toys to life gaming?!!!!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Skylanders getting destroyed in toys to life gaming?!!!!
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#151 Posted: 22:10:37 16/04/2015
Quote: BP
I think this year will tell us a lot about Activision's ability to out-innovate everyone else and stay at the top of the heap. If they don't have something really cool and innovative to keep everyone interested, I think it could be a disappointing year for Activision.

Maybe, and all three games within a few weeks would be a little bit to much money, but I think it will make no big difference for the publishers, if we buy one at the release and the other later. They have enough time till Sky 6 and DI 4.0. And indifferent if we will buy one later for a cheaper price, at the end we have still spent 150 to 200 bucks for all the additional stuff smilie.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#152 Posted: 02:22:33 17/04/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed
As interesting as Lego Dimensions sounds, I think a lot of people are going to be turned off by just how familiar it may play to Lego Star Wars, or Lego Lord of the Rings, or Lego Chima, or Lego Ninjago, or Lego I've made my Point.

As interesting as Dimension sounds, it really seems to be a bunch of Lego games rolled up into a TTL package, really. The Lego games aren't bad (I've only played a couple, but liked the gameplay / concept), but as the dust settles I don't see anything really compelling yet (or at least anything that would wow me better than the Swap Force reveal)...

looking forward to Activision's next step. Hopefully GAMEPLAY and INNOVATION takes a front seat. Not gimmick...innovation. There is a difference, folks.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#153 Posted: 07:50:03 17/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: ShinkenRed
As interesting as Lego Dimensions sounds, I think a lot of people are going to be turned off by just how familiar it may play to Lego Star Wars, or Lego Lord of the Rings, or Lego Chima, or Lego Ninjago, or Lego I've made my Point.

As interesting as Dimension sounds, it really seems to be a bunch of Lego games rolled up into a TTL package, really. The Lego games aren't bad (I've only played a couple, but liked the gameplay / concept), but as the dust settles I don't see anything really compelling yet (or at least anything that would wow me better than the Swap Force reveal)...

looking forward to Activision's next step. Hopefully GAMEPLAY and INNOVATION takes a front seat. Not gimmick...innovation. There is a difference, folks.

Agree.
A BIG difference.

However I consider DI to be the only true competitor as of now.
Amiibos aren't competitive simply because the toys don't offer anything different nor interesting compared to Infinty and Skylanders' figures.

We'll see what LEGO figures will do.
I guess they will be more similar to Infinity toys but I really can't say anything as of now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#154 Posted: 12:57:47 17/04/2015
I wasn't going to purchase DI 1.0 until I got it on sale. Due to a Wal-Mart pricing error, I was able to get it really cheap. My kids played it, but put way more time into Skylanders. I'm a comic collector, so I got DI 2.0 for the Marvel characters mostly. If DI 3.0 is Star Wars, then I will get it too. I only bought my favorites for the Amiibo. I will be all in for Skylanders 5 and my youngest will not let me pass on Lego Dimensions.

I don't think Skylanders has anything to worry about. It has differentiated itself enough to stand out in the TtL field. I don't buy all the figures, but my family is a fan of the franchise.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#155 Posted: 16:06:44 17/04/2015
Quote: GamerDrone
I wasn't going to purchase DI 1.0 until I got it on sale. Due to a Wal-Mart pricing error, I was able to get it really cheap.

Me too . I waited for a 1.0 DI discount too but it was price error . I paid only 30 bucks for a brand new starter and extra power disc packet . Everyone loves DI over here so it took more then 2 or 3 years plus DI 2 to even see a discount . I trawl the toy area and see excited kiddies ignoring trap team but jumping up and squealing at the Disney figures . Its kinda playing with a human princess but its no skylanders .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#156 Posted: 21:29:39 20/04/2015
Haha Disney infinite 3 characters leaked. Mickey and mulan ( also possibly Tron lol ) . I like those charscters but really they arnt exciting or that new. No competition.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2...details-arrive/

Still no sign of Star Wars , they think Star Wars may be later released around the movie release (late December) but that's pretty late.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:52 20/04/2015 by wild_defender
#157 Posted: 21:41:11 20/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
Haha Disney infinite 3 characters leaked. Mickey and mulan ( also possibly Tron lol ) . I like those charscters but really they arnt exciting or that new. No competition.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2...details-arrive/

Still no sign of Star Wars , they think Star Wars may be later released around the movie release (late December) but that's pretty late.

It's good to see some classic characters.

However with Disney, Nintendo and potentially LEGO it will always be a matter of "Wow I love that character can't wait to see his abilities in action" while with Skylanders it's always "Ok, so, what is this creature? But most importantly what powers does he/she have?"

I love how Skylanders keep you guessing until you see them in action. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#158 Posted: 21:54:22 20/04/2015
Yeah I love the unexpectedness of each character . I love that we still don't know if Enigma is "good" ( despite people constantly saying he is lol people are weird ) .

And "good" means so many different things in skylanders. Strong, technical , unique or just plain fun. Skylanders has amazing character diversity.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#159 Posted: 21:59:21 20/04/2015
I was definately on the boat of 'omg Enigma will be the best ever', then his upgrades were leaked and he's Ignitor but bigger and with an AoE soul gem. Even if things don't get up to your expectations though, the surprises are almost always worth it - though Enigma disappointed me Bat Spin VERY MUCH surprised me and my opinion of her changed quite a lot from the first time she was revealed.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#160 Posted: 22:58:35 20/04/2015
And that is why kids, i only got Mario.
Maybe this is why i can find any toy i want, prior to SSA and SG?
#161 Posted: 23:05:19 20/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
I was definately on the boat of 'omg Enigma will be the best ever', then his upgrades were leaked and he's Ignitor but bigger and with an AoE soul gem. Even if things don't get up to your expectations though, the surprises are almost always worth it - though Enigma disappointed me Bat Spin VERY MUCH surprised me and my opinion of her changed quite a lot from the first time she was revealed.

I'm still on the "Enigma rocks" boat...
At least until I'll try him out. smilie

Abosolutely agree, Bushwhack and Fist Bump have been HUGE surprises.
I wasn't expecting the to be so cool! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me