darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders getting destroyed in toys to life gaming?!!!!
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Skylanders getting destroyed in toys to life gaming?!!!!
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#51 Posted: 08:44:15 10/04/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley
Quote: TakeYourLemons

That being said, LEGO Dimension looks really interesting.
I still didn't understand if the "portal" recognizes how you built a figure, but if it does... Wow.

It doesn't.

Yeah it just recognises like 40 different charscters and like 2 vehicles atm. And they all look like they completely run off the character base. Individual blocks don't have a sensor. All the characters come in 2 packs . You can probably mine craft stuff in game like DI but meh.

Being able to make stuff in real life and import it into game would've been amazing. But instead it just looks like Disney intinite style stuff. They just have different characters and a different look. It'll prob be a lot better then DI though .
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
#52 Posted: 09:01:00 10/04/2015
Quote: Drek95
Well think about it. Being served 4 games of reheated gameplay, I know folks are going to say "if you're not going to give us anything more than just a new story and more figures, maybe that fresh experience can be inside another franchise." I can see it happening. Or, maybe they're thinking that the skyvets aren't important and name brand and figure recognition of both Infinity and Lego franchises won't sway them away from a franchise a newcomer will probably know nothing about? Maybe it IS time for a movie to level the competitive landscape.

From the comments: "But being a Skylanders collector family, my kids have quickly grown tired of Skylanders because of crap they pulled with Trap Team. If they think their own model is sustainable for much longer, they clearly are as tone deaf as Nintendo is about AMiibo problems."

"... Skylanders don't lend themselves to real world play because the character's arms/legs/heads don't move and they are permanently stuck to a base. If the Lego Dimension Toys are more like Legos (and less like Skylanders molded figures), this game can make some huge inroads into the market."

You know what I think, we've talked about this multiple times.

As much as I would like big changes (that still could keep the core gameplay), I will honestly be fine with just some smaller ones, like we had in the 4 games.
I like the playstyle and the features, I like that the figures' limbs don't move (that would partially ruin the concept of reposes, after all), and I love the "reheated" experience.

If it isn't (completely) broken, don't fix it.
Sure, I could easily see the people say that, but I could also see a lot of other customers being happy with what they had, and have. smilie

I still didn't understand if the "portal" recognizes how you built a figure, but if it does... Wow.
It might be the first other TTL game I might buy. At least in terms of Starter Pack.

Agreed. There's still plenty of love for skylanders . The stories mode is still great, nothing wrong at all with it. They just need to do small things to keep people's attention after they've completed story mode.
trap team just got it a little wrong for a few of us by thinking that 50 extra characters to play as in the form of villains would be enough. But I had the same feeling about SF ( what's the point of switching bases to create different characters when there's already 100 to choose from?). They just need to fix the balance between trying out lots of characters and having enough stuff to try them out with .

But even though I feel that, I'm still a big fan. Disney, amiibo and Lego are great , but DI and Lego are going to be very similar "worlds collide " adventure games and amiibo still don't really have a purpose . neither of them are cute and/or cool elemental warriors to train and battle. The only thing that could possibly shake me off skylanders is if amiibo went down the Pokemon route.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#53 Posted: 09:55:56 10/04/2015
Quote:
LEGO's New Skylanders-Style Game Doesn't Worry Activision

http://www.gamespot.com/articl...t/1100-6426517/

the header of that news article tell me they are scared shirtless. they cant release the tt skylanders probably and there is huge bugs in the latest tt game from them... if they havent been worried you would think they have taken the time to do the game without bugs and release the figures everywhere in a timely matter, but not. with the tt release activision have shown that they pretty much pushed to the limit and even if they claim good sales. with adventure packs being cut short etc etc... activision will be even more hard pressed when star wars and lego hit the shelves. but of course they cant say they worry in the news.. but we that have been here at darkspyro and traveled from shop to shop worldwide in different countries. knows something aint right for a long time now
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:56:59 10/04/2015 by CountMoneyBone
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#54 Posted: 10:04:16 10/04/2015
At least Activision will wipe out Disney! The Disney gimmick this year is pretty lame.
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#55 Posted: 11:19:45 10/04/2015
Well for the amiibos... They have an awesome trick that is called "don't do a lot so everything is sold out"... Talking about you villager, wii fit trainer and all of the wave 4... And also Nintendo already have a lot of fans that will get this just because it's nintendo... So yeah. Skylanders for the win for me... And personally, the Lego game got me smilie
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#56 Posted: 14:23:06 10/04/2015
Quote: Iganagor
At least Activision will wipe out Disney! The Disney gimmick this year is pretty lame.

Are you talking about 2.0 or is there info about this year's to be released game?

Quote: Pyrofer
I don't think articulated figures would be the way forward for Skylanders.

I have said many times, what they need is a more open world. A Linear story is fine but when that is finished if the only replay value is going back and doing the same levels again it gets old real fast.

They need,
1) Background loading. No "loading level" screen. Just walk along a path to get to somewhere and while you are walking it's loading. All "levels" should be walkable from the home site.

2) Random encounters. There should be areas where you don't know what to expect. Some parts should stay cleared of enemies when inside your home site but outside that they should be able to spawn at almost any time.

3) large free explorable areas. Not levels as such but large areas to interact with, find enemies in, find hidden stuff in. walk around in. The areas of the game should interconnect in many ways not just a linear level progression.

4) More rewards for having older figures. I know this doesn't translate well into profit but a lot of the older players are the "collect everything" people that drive the good name and PR of the series. Keep them happy. Stick a couple giants only areas in with a floor drop or something. A swap zone or two. You could even re-use the ones from existing levels in past games which brings me to my last point.

5) Bring back old games/levels for new players. I don't even mind if you have to pay for them as DLC but I get fed up swapping disks. Can we PLEASE have the ability to visit flynn's ship or the light place again? I love some of the older expansion pack levels too, I think they should be translated into the newer games. It's a fair bit of work I know but if they do all this they could blow the other Toys to Life games out of the water.

All that said, I am on this Lego Dimensions like bees on honey.

I agree. articulation doesn't make sense, really. And it will increase costs to us. Your items hit up on most of my wish list items as well. I still have faith another SSA "magic moment" can occur in the franchise, and in general I have faith in VV to help pull that off, if the suits will let them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:25:03 10/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#57 Posted: 14:38:55 10/04/2015

It doesn't.

how does it work? do the minifigs detach form the base? is the brick-build "gateway" attached tot he toy pad REQUIRED?
#58 Posted: 14:43:43 10/04/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

It doesn't.

how does it work? do the minifigs detach form the base? is the brick-build "gateway" attached tot he toy pad REQUIRED?

The actual Lego doesn't appear like it does anything ATM, the bases of everything appear to do all the work
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#59 Posted: 14:53:38 10/04/2015
Yeah it doesn't seem like the Legos themselves do anything...it's all about the base, bout the base... (lol)

Which is both good and not so bad. With just the base it would look kind of boring but it's not a real game changer. You are basically getting a Lego build set with your RFID chip base. I'm assuming based on pictures and video.
#60 Posted: 14:55:43 10/04/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Yeah it doesn't seem like the Legos themselves do anything...it's all about the base, bout the base... (lol)

Which is both good and not so bad. With just the base it would look kind of boring but it's not a real game changer. You are basically getting a Lego build set with your RFID chip base. I'm assuming based on pictures and video.

still haven't seen much GAMEPLAY...
#61 Posted: 14:58:25 10/04/2015

Yeah but those silvery-blue discs are in the videos and pictures so I'm assuming that's where the magic happens. I like announcements like this that come out of left field. The whole build up to an announcement is getting old. There needs to be more ninja announcements for big releases.
#62 Posted: 15:06:35 10/04/2015

Yeah but those silvery-blue discs are in the videos and pictures so I'm assuming that's where the magic happens. I like announcements like this that come out of left field. The whole build up to an announcement is getting old. There needs to be more ninja announcements for big releases.

From what we HAVE seen, it looks a lot like other lego games, just with toys.... and i LOVE lege games. I'm gonna be broke.
#63 Posted: 15:07:24 10/04/2015
and lookie here, the SIMPSONS.

[User Posted Image]
#64 Posted: 15:25:09 10/04/2015
Deposit: Just leave an empty CC with us, you're going to need it. smilie

Cool on Simpsons. I also like the fact that unlike Disney they will allow characters to cross over into the other "playsets" (they haven't given them a name yet, but we know it's coming). And if you remember the movie--that was the point---to experiment and have crazy unorthodox adventures using characters across properties. Not sure why Disney hasn't caught on to that yet.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:26:08 10/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
davidm4400 Green Sparx Gems: 466
#65 Posted: 16:53:06 10/04/2015
I am looking forward to Lego Dimensions but mainly because I like the Lego Video Games so much. It's not going to get me to leave Skylanders though.
---
Characters left for SA, SG, and SW: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie andsmilie
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#66 Posted: 20:14:46 10/04/2015
Gotta say, as much as I absolutely ADORE Lego, I wont be interested in Dimensions unless there's some Bionicle compatibility.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#67 Posted: 21:01:18 10/04/2015
Skylanders is about to get REKT

Quote: Product Description
The Starter Pack Will Last. The LEGO Toy Pad and the videogame found in the initial Starter Pack will offer continued compatibility with future Expansion Packs for years to come. Like any LEGO building set, LEGO Dimensions is a system of play that offers continued compatibility - everything bought today or expanded with tomorrow will continue to work.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#68 Posted: 21:03:55 10/04/2015

Strange. You said something similar when Disney Infinity was first revealed, then the Amiibos.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:16:15 10/04/2015 by Aura24
#69 Posted: 21:07:04 10/04/2015

The Starter Pack Will Last. The LEGO Toy Pad and the videogame found in the initial Starter Pack will offer continued compatibility with future Expansion Packs for years to come. Like any LEGO building set, LEGO Dimensions is a system of play that offers continued compatibility - everything bought today or expanded with tomorrow will continue to work.

That is amazing news. So it's pricey to start but it's a long term investment...as it should be. So far the fun packs are amazing. I am super pumped for this. I just picked up Lego Marvel (like this morning) and so far it's a blast. I know I'm late to the party lol.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:27 10/04/2015 by Tigorus
#70 Posted: 21:22:59 10/04/2015

That is amazing news. So it's pricey to start but it's a long term investment...as it should be. So far the fun packs are amazing. I am super pumped for this. I just pick up Lego Marvel (like this morning) and so far it's a blast. I know I'm late to the party lol.

I'm gonna have a BLAST playing as benny... in gotham.

*in batman voice* Spaceship.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#71 Posted: 21:51:46 10/04/2015
I'm really hoping that any multiplayer they offer doesn't end up going the same way that the last few Lego games' has. It used to be that during 2 player games where you weren't playing main mission levels each player could independently switch through whatever characters you have selected without affecting the other. Around the time of Lego Batman 2 they changed that, causing the whole game to lock up and stop whenever each player flipped through characters. I nearly didn't finish Lego Batman 2 because of that and ended up dropping out of Lego Pirates, Lego LOTR & Lego Marvel because of it. I'd be in the middle of some group battle and my wife would get a wild hair and start flipping through characters for 2-3 minutes, causing me to lock up completely then lag for a couple of seconds after she'd finished, letting the bad guys beat the snot out of whoever I was playing as at the time. Ugh. No more, Lego, no more. Go back to the old ways were you could just hit the bumpers on your controller and the fact at the top of your side of the screen would change, letting the other player keep running amok to their heart's content.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#72 Posted: 22:38:02 10/04/2015

i would love skylanders just to revert to one game disc but sometimes it's good to not lock your self down to one game disc for the next several years.

The problem with this is that they might not Advance the game much. They can add new content through expansion packs and downloads etc but adding new ideas and concepts they haven't thought of yet won't happen easily E.g. Inventing traps for trap team. What mechanics exist on release will be what you'll have for the next few years.

But iether way they'll probably come up with quite expensive expansion packs in the next year that cost as much as buying a new game, or they'll release an upgraded portal pack that has a new feature. They might not make you change the game disc, but they'll probably make you update everything else To make up for it.
---
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#73 Posted: 19:32:05 11/04/2015
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Gotta say, as much as I absolutely ADORE Lego, I wont be interested in Dimensions unless there's some Bionicle compatibility.

This. I'm quite sure it's not gonna happen. But it would be great.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#74 Posted: 22:44:29 11/04/2015
and lookie here, the SIMPSONS.

[User Posted Image]

9.9/10 needs moar bonkle and steven universe
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#75 Posted: 09:04:55 12/04/2015
Excuse me, I don't know much about Amiibos or Disney Infinity figures but from what I know (hope somebody can correct or explain me if I'm wrong) Skylanders has absolutely nothing to fear as of now.

Let's start with Infinity.
Mind it I'm not saying it is worse than Skylanders since they are still really different, just why it doesn't objectively threaten it as a series.
Figures looks cool (maybe less detailed than the Skylanders' ones but they get along with the whole "toy box" theme, so it works) but even in Infinity 2.0 they are not comparable to the Skylanders.

Sure now they have upgrades too but can they be used everywhere inside the game?
From what I know no.
Figures from a specific set can only be used in that specific one except for some small exceptions.
The game? It's just too different to be compared to Skylanders. They clearly focus more on the creation/share aspect of the game, instead of the Story Mode.
It's like comparing LittleBigPlanet to Mario.
Both platformers but couldn't be more different.
I don't think Infinity as a whole "steals" so many potential Skylanders customers to the point of making it a threat for the series. It's all a matter of personal preferences.

Amiibos... Really?
A threat?
Sorry, what do they do aside from looking cool...?
Do they save character data in the toy? Are they upgreadable? Are they the *only way* to unlock and play as a character?
I still didn't understand what can they do except for... Well that, looking cool!

I feel like they threaten more the whole collectable figures industry than the Toys to Life one, at least at the moment.
They have a lot of potential... But simply aren't using it almost at all.

LEGO Dimensions could become the first true competitor, it all depends on how they will create it.
I think it could become more similar to Infinity if anything, with the whole "worlds collide" concept but it's waaaay to soon to judge.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#76 Posted: 13:51:04 12/04/2015
Your points are right. Amiibo don't do anything and Di isnt competitive.

skylanders are still original. Even Lego can't steal much of skylanders audience for a lot of simple reason. An easy one is because all the Legos charscters are "people" . even though a lot of people like Lego . It's a completely different preference to alot of people that like skylanders which has a Pokemon like factor. If there's no dragon or pikachu or monster like characters to play as in Lego , that can easily cut down half their audience.

the main thing about the Lego game I think is that it will attract a whole new lot of people that haven't gotten into a "toys to life" franchise yet.. And through that a lot more people will probably be willing to try the other toys to life games.
---
#77 Posted: 14:15:16 12/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
Your points are right. Amiibo don't do anything and Di isnt competitive.

skylanders are still original. Even Lego can't steal much of skylanders audience for a lot of simple reason. An easy one is because all the Legos charscters are "people" . even though a lot of people like Lego . It's a completely different preference to alot of people that like skylanders which has a Pokemon like factor. If there's no dragon or pikachu or monster like characters to play as in Lego , that can easily cut down half their audience.

the main thing about the Lego game I think is that it will attract a whole new lot of people that haven't gotten into a "toys to life" franchise yet.. And through that a lot more people will probably be willing to try the other toys to life games.

Absolutely agree.

I would like to pint out another important aspect.
Both Infinity and Skylanders are based on the concept of pure imagination.
But in really different ways.

Infinity lets you create your levels and share them with a big online community.

Skylanders lets you play with tons of original and crazy characters all having really different abilities and playstyles.

Infinity cannot go wild and create something that isn't Disney related (just like LEGO cannot escape too much from the humanoid figure canon, even if I expect a few exceptions such as dragons or alien creatures from Star Wars).

Skylanders?
Dragons, trolls, golems, robots, zombies, vampires, witches, aliens, wizards, gremlins, skeletons and other species originated directly from the Skylands.
Skylanders have literally no restriction in terms of designs, except for the gimmick characters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#78 Posted: 14:35:05 12/04/2015
Activision's own fault, if you check facebook its full of complaining people because of stupid marketing choices
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#79 Posted: 15:11:50 12/04/2015
Quote: Kevin16
Activision's own fault, if you check facebook its full of complaining people because of stupid marketing choices

Any company's facebook is full of complaining people. Vocal minority, doesn't matter if it's a legit complaint or not, you'll find people on all caps because of X thing they don't like. It's like saying this forum having negative nancies is proof that the series sucks.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#80 Posted: 16:05:22 12/04/2015
How do we know they're the minority?

Previous points are valid in terms of how each company serves the toys to life genre. I do agree that each helps to "pull in customers". At the same time, they also pull with each other, and I do expect some give and take with who leaves/joins specific franchises. Is it enough for it to cause concern? Remains to be seen, really. I'd like think Activision is on the ball, it really boils down to if they can innovate beyond the gimmick and into the game itself to keep current customers. I do think they have enough to entice newcomers, it's keeping them that I think will become problematic over time.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:30:03 12/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#81 Posted: 16:28:33 12/04/2015
Because the sales say otherwise.I'm not saying they're right or wrong,just that they're less people. It's the truth for every fandom, because people who are fine with anything or don't care don't bother to say anything.
---
#82 Posted: 16:31:05 12/04/2015
OK, so the complaints may be real, but not real enough that people aren't judging with their pocketbook. Fair enough.

My point is that the swell of dissatisfaction may be growing to be the majority, even though people are supporting the franchise. Just saying, if that's the case, ignoring the complaints may not be a good idea. I agree with you that to a degree some of it is "minority noise".
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:37:11 12/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#83 Posted: 16:40:52 12/04/2015
Ignoring really isn't good. But do you choose,say, a moderated forum or a tumblr tag or the subreddit, or the place where everyone and their dog can post and is as unorganized as it gets? As useful as some opinions there can be when looking for fan reactions they'll go where it looks cleaner.
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#84 Posted: 17:02:00 12/04/2015
I agree with everyone here that DI really isn't much of a threat to Skylanders. From what I've read 2.0 didn't score very well with most reviewers and the sales are just kind of decent, mostly from the Marvel characters.

Now, I do think amiibo has the potential to really hurt Skylanders. Nintendo has the biggest collection of recognizable characters of any company. Will the average Joe want to have Ignitor and Camo on his shelf, or Mario and Link? We can't ignore the power of the Nintendo brand here. Luckily Nintendo will never sort out the stock of figures in demand to MAKE amiibo a threat.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#85 Posted: 17:04:46 12/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Ignoring really isn't good. But do you choose,say, a moderated forum or a tumblr tag or the subreddit, or the place where everyone and their dog can post and is as unorganized as it gets? As useful as some opinions there can be when looking for fan reactions they'll go where it looks cleaner.

It would be interesting to see how and where they get the intel. I hope it's beyond the test group they invite the kids in for test sessions.
#86 Posted: 17:39:48 12/04/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed
Now, I do think amiibo has the potential to really hurt Skylanders. Nintendo has the biggest collection of recognizable characters of any company. Will the average Joe want to have Ignitor and Camo on his shelf, or Mario and Link? We can't ignore the power of the Nintendo brand here. Luckily Nintendo will never sort out the stock of figures in demand to MAKE amiibo a threat.

Honestly like I said before, Amiibos will remain figures to place on shelves if they won't give them some functionalities.
So I think our average Joe will buy a Mario and place it on his shelf while he actively plays with his Ignitor. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#87 Posted: 21:37:30 12/04/2015

Honestly like I said before, Amiibos will remain figures to place on shelves if they won't give them some functionalities.
So I think our average Joe will buy a Mario and place it on his shelf while he actively plays with his Ignitor. smilie

That's a fair assessment, but the fact people are breaking websites and ordering stock from other countries for amiibos en masse clearly shows that there is more of a demand for amiibo. It honestly reminds me of SSA where people would call the stores all hours of the day asking "Do you have ____?" I worked at the local Toys R Us in electronics, so I remember those days well. Wham Shell, Warnado, Camo... curse you three.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#88 Posted: 22:06:56 12/04/2015

That's a fair assessment, but the fact people are breaking websites and ordering stock from other countries for amiibos en masse clearly shows that there is more of a demand for amiibo. It honestly reminds me of SSA where people would call the stores all hours of the day asking "Do you have ____?" I worked at the local Toys R Us in electronics, so I remember those days well. Wham Shell, Warnado, Camo... curse you three.

Agree, as simple toys I can easily see why they would be the most requested.
As Toys to Life however... Not that much.

That's why I say they aren't a threat for Skylanders or Infinity as of now. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#89 Posted: 22:14:22 12/04/2015
amiibo will never be a threat because they're not cross platform and won't ever be able to sell the kind of amounts that Skylanders, Infinity or Dimensions can. Dimensions is the biggest threat to Skylanders that I can see. The existing TTGames Lego titles are already hugely popular, as is Lego in general (with kids and adults), combine the two and you have a smash hit. Their biggest problem is pricing and innovation, because right now, they look like a Skylanders clone, but with a more impressive physical play component (which may be enough on it's own).
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#90 Posted: 22:40:19 12/04/2015
But the difference is Lego Dimensions costs your kidney and Skylanders,even for a 100% experience, will be nowhere as expensive. I can end up loving both games to death but I'll choose what won't destroy my bank account. So will parents that see no value in collecting them all or don't really care if their kid wants the more expensive one.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:41:58 12/04/2015 by Bifrost
#91 Posted: 22:45:38 12/04/2015
Well I know the starter is more expensive for Dimensions...is there any other data we have on figure prices? Cause we all know the starter is just that....A START.
#92 Posted: 22:58:08 12/04/2015
"Fun Packs" are the price of a gimmicklander, "Level and Team Packs" are the same as an AP(or just triples? I could be mistaking euros and dollars). Unless they release singles it's quite a lot even if you'll stick to one universe.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:48 12/04/2015 by Bifrost
#93 Posted: 01:42:13 13/04/2015
Anyone have links to US pricing? I don't appear to have 1/4 of the information you guys are demonstrating. I went to the web site and there was nothing. Links appreciated.
#94 Posted: 02:56:57 13/04/2015
Well the starters for Lego Dimensions is more expensive but they claim it will last us a few years so it's cheaper in the long run. The value of the pack with Lego seems spot on to me. So far we have:

$29.99 for Level Packs - Comparable to Gimmick Adventure Packs
$24.99 for Team Packs - Comparable to Core Battle Packs
$14.99 for Fun Packs (confirmed?) - Comparable to Gimmick Skylander

Link to Bestbuy for confirmed pricing:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/se...s=960&keys=keys

So far I'm not really seeing the price model too out of line. Plus you get bricks to technically add to your collection. Skylander figures kind of just sit there.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:57:30 13/04/2015 by Tigorus
#95 Posted: 06:06:42 13/04/2015
Yeah to be fair I don't see a big deal in terms of costs since the Dimensions packs seem to offer a fair amoung of content.
The point is, how many of those packs will they create...?

One thing is having 4 Adventure Packs another is having 10 or more of them.
I think it might be a problem if you are aiming for a full collection but we still have almost no information to judge.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#96 Posted: 06:12:10 13/04/2015
To get back with amiibo comparison, i really don't understand the nintendo's logical.
I mean they could obliterate skylander by making the same game with the pokemon franchise, the game that saved them at the time
they could have died.

I tried one amiibo on smash bros and the mecanic is very strong, the bot learns really cleverly and if doing well,
can kick you butt each time you play against at level 50.
Do you understand they've already sold 6 millions of useless figs in 6 months, imagine what it could be if there was a really solid game.

Are they lazy? Are they waiting for the decrease of the sales to give something huge? Or they just don't know what to do??
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:17:55 13/04/2015 by FaboulousFab
#97 Posted: 06:22:12 13/04/2015
Quote: FaboulousFab
To get back with amiibo comparison, i really don't understand the nintendo's logical.
I mean they could obliterate skylander by making the same game with the pokemon franchise, the game that saved them at the time
they could have died.

I tried one amiibo on smash bros and the mecanic is very strong, the bot learns really cleverly and if doing well,
can kick you butt each time you play against at level 50.
Do you understand they've already sold 6 millions of useless figs in 6 months, imagine what it could be if there was a really solid game.

Are they lazy? Are they waiting for the decrease of the sales to give something huge? Or they just don't know what to do??

So they actually DO something after all!

I guess they are waiting for a big reveal or... Something along those lines... I guess.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#98 Posted: 06:45:27 13/04/2015
Hey, i just thought, imagine the same thing in skylander.
Having PVP back with the possibility to train your opponent (maybe just the 16 on new gimmick) the way you want.
Becoming real killing machines, putting them in online or offline tournament, making tag battles.

Arrrrg, what a dream it could be. Please acti, copy nintendo, please smilie
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#99 Posted: 15:12:54 13/04/2015
If/when Skylanders dies, it will be from their own sword, not from a another game. These games all have different audiences. There needs to be a big step up in innovation, not just another story with more toys. If they just release another straight game with more toys it is their own fault they will be compared with other franchises unfavorably.
#100 Posted: 15:45:44 13/04/2015
^Yep, agreed. It's their game to lose.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me