Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Religious Freedom Restoration Act
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Religious Freedom Restoration Act [CLOSED]
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#51 Posted: 21:58:32 26/06/2015
Quote: Razz
The Bible doesn't actually say anything about homosexuality when you take into account the culture, time, and people it was written for. The verses people claim are about gayness are basically translation errors. God doesn't make mistakes and He doesn't make people to be hated or to suffer. God Believes in Love is a beautiful resource.

YES. Thank you Razz! God created us to be equal.

Edit: Page
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:30 26/06/2015 by Iblistech
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#52 Posted: 22:10:04 26/06/2015
Quote: Iblistech
The Bible doesn't actually say anything about homosexuality when you take into account the culture, time, and people it was written for. The verses people claim are about gayness are basically translation errors. God doesn't make mistakes and He doesn't make people to be hated or to suffer. God Believes in Love is a beautiful resource.

..The bible does say, however, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." So if you're really going to consider speaking out about what you think is a sin, please think twice before you do.

(Sorry if I seem harsh, I just really wanted to say that)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#53 Posted: 22:13:06 26/06/2015
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: Iblistech

..The bible does say, however, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." So if you're really going to consider speaking out about what you think is a sin, please think twice before you do.

(Sorry if I seem harsh, I just really wanted to say that)

In other words, you have to think before you act and choose your words carefully. You don't seem harsh at all, this is pretty much the truth.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#54 Posted: 22:14:05 26/06/2015
^ It does say that! Which is one of the many, many times Jesus says to not judge other people because we all have our faults. I like that his message was a lot of "Guys. Don't be dicks to each other." :D
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#55 Posted: 06:19:11 27/06/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
Quote: shroom boom
but the bible says gay is a sin.

Oh. You're one of those people.

In those same passages, the Bible condemns getting tattoos, eating pork, putting more than one type of grass in the same lawn, and freaking wearing different kinds of fabrics at the same time. Those passages also involve perfectly legal practices such as stoning a newlywed woman to death if her parents couldn't prove she was a virgin. So, what, you're just allowed to pick and choose passages to follow?

But that really doesn't matter, when you realize that saying the Bible condemns all homosexuality is taking it way out of context. What Paul was writing about was the Roman culture, which was full of essentially rape between men and their male slaves. There was literally no concept of consensual homosexuality at that time. How can something that doesn't exist be a sin?

The Bible is not a hard-and-fast rulebook for how to behave. Society changes, and so do the rules.

In Leviticus sotoman and gamor happened because of homosexuality
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#56 Posted: 12:17:13 27/06/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
stop attacking my religion please. ths makes me uncomfortable. i know people in my religion have done horrible things but i just like to beliee in a god is that harmful?

No one is attacking your religion. I believe in God- I'm Christian. I'm also bi. We're attacking the people who are using religion as an excuse to hate on and oppress people that they don't like.

Quote: parisruelz12
A Church can turn you down if they don't want to marry a gay couple. It's their right if it goes against their religion.

Of course that's in a Church's right. Their entire point is religion. I don't like it, but I understand it. But you know what's entire point isn't religion? Literally every other business. But now, because of this law, if I were in Indiana I could be refused a burger, the use of a taxi, anything. At least, if it weren't for what I posted last about brietbart.com.

You know, America is supposed to have this thing called separation of church and state. Giving religions exceptions to any laws is not that.

but the bible says gay is a sin.

You know what else is a sin? Wearing clothes of different fabrics and thread.

So, what's your point?

By the way, there's a separation between church and state, sweetheart.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#57 Posted: 15:17:25 27/06/2015
Soddom and Gamorra were destroyed because the people of both cities were in severe violation of hospitality traditions and threatened harm to Lot's guests. Knowing the cultural context in which something is written is very important.

Like I said, the Bible does not say anything about homosexuality being a sin anywhere. The verses that claim it is are mistranslations and are being used by bigots for reasons I'm sure not even they can understand. A hundred years ago, those same verses were used to justify slavery and racism.

There are a lot of other "sins" in the Bible that people ignore for convenience. If you're going to yell about homosexuality being a sin (which it is not), you better stop eating shrimp and get rid of all your blue jeans because those are sins, too, according to Leviticus.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me