darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > skylanders looking for new marketing head
Page 1 of 1
skylanders looking for new marketing head
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#1 Posted: 00:00:50 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
So skylanders is looking for a new marketing head. I guess once this person starts their job will be marketing Skylanders 5.

https://www.disabledperson.com...ting-skylanders
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#2 Posted: 00:09:10 30/03/2015
Hmmm...interesting. I wonder what happened.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#3 Posted: 00:13:28 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Mustve been an unexpected quitting or firing .
it's a bit late in the year with only 6 months before the next game to be looking for someone for a major position like this.

getting someone new and excited about the franchise can only be a good thing though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:21:21 30/03/2015 by wild_defender
Boombomb999 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#4 Posted: 00:20:46 30/03/2015
Quick question who was in this position before?
---
Hoopa Unbound, the Stuff of Nightmares
#5 Posted: 00:26:28 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Boombomb999
Quick question who was in this position before?

It's in here

http://lbbonline.com/news/72an...-of-skylanders/

She worked on swap force and trap team.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:35 30/03/2015 by wild_defender
Boombomb999 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#6 Posted: 00:46:34 30/03/2015
Interesting, I feel that either she quit or was fired for something that activision possibly didn't like. As for them trying to get a new marketing head I'm sure someone will fill the position in no time.
---
Hoopa Unbound, the Stuff of Nightmares
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#7 Posted: 14:15:28 30/03/2015
Maybe she was fired because of bad Kaos Trap and Light/Dark expansion pack problems? Just a wild theory. Hopefully the new person won't make the same mistakes.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#8 Posted: 14:37:09 30/03/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Maybe she was fired because of bad Kaos Trap and Light/Dark expansion pack problems? Just a wild theory. Hopefully the new person won't make the same mistakes.

Again, that wasn't Activision's fault. Could they have been more upfront somewhere about what was causing the delays? Maybe. But the lack of stock wasn't their fault. It's pretty obvious it was the dock workers strike, since stock started hitting stores a few weeks after the strike was over.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 14:51:26 30/03/2015
i think that after the wave 4 us shunning, kaos trap fiasco, and the elsusive light and dark packs, they got fired.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#10 Posted: 16:06:15 30/03/2015
The person that held this position is Eneida Mejia. She is now listed as a "Account Supervisor at Deutsch LA." Deutsch LA had a chairman change the same month she was hired according to Wiki. It's more likely that she had a few connections and was offered a better job than her being incompetent. Her work history seems pretty solid with nothing that really screams red flags. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/eneida-mejia/5/25b/277

So please let's not speculate and assume the worse. Anyone who is a little curious can do some research and they will most likely come to fair conclusion as to what most likely had happened. There is no need to spread rumor and gossip based on the bad stuff we've experienced with Trap Team.
---
Stay Cool!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 16:21:08 30/03/2015
Speculation and wild theories are all we have. Don't take that away .....
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#12 Posted: 16:33:12 30/03/2015
fairyland is right guys, let's not ruin someone's portfolio from speculation.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#13 Posted: 17:10:04 30/03/2015
I doubt a message board will do that, but I do think some new blood is a good idea at this point. I think they should keep on keeping on on that trend (to quote Snagglescale a bit).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:10:19 30/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#14 Posted: 17:42:54 30/03/2015
No, but there are chances that fans will go and harass the woman for questions about what she knows.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#15 Posted: 17:53:15 30/03/2015
Most SPAM filters work very well.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#16 Posted: 18:14:24 30/03/2015
i just send in a job application. maybe count money bone will be in sky5, we will see how it goes smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:15:09 30/03/2015 by CountMoneyBone
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#17 Posted: 18:19:31 30/03/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i just send in a job application. maybe count money bone will be in sky5, we will see how it goes smilie

You realize that they're looking for experienced individuals, not random fans who just want to know what Sky 5 is going to be about, don't know how to manage marketing, and just leave right away.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#18 Posted: 18:45:05 30/03/2015
Quote: Aura24

You realize that they're looking for experienced individuals, not random fans who just want to know what Sky 5 is going to be about, don't know how to manage marketing, and just leave right away.

Yes, this is what they expect you to have:
Quote: Job Description
· Bachelors Degree.

· Must have experience of marketing
kid directed product.

· 5+ years experience in marketing
high profile brands or agency account management.

· Experience in TV, Video, Online and
Social Advertising required.

Besides, Skylanders is one of, if not the most important franchise to them so they are really looking for the best of the best.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#19 Posted: 19:01:53 30/03/2015
Plus have worked in the AAA game industry before is very much implied. And since the forum is made up mostly of fans and LPers we can say that probably no one does(in the marketing area that is).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#20 Posted: 20:01:54 30/03/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Plus have worked in the AAA game industry before is very much implied. And since the forum is made up mostly of fans and LPers we can say that probably no one does(in the marketing area that is).

Well that's a very short list of folks. I guess they should just go and contact the 10 or 20 people that fit this narrow list of requirements after making it official that they are not discriminating anyone. smilie
---
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#21 Posted: 22:32:02 30/03/2015
Quote: TTD
Quote: Aura24

Yes, this is what they expect you to have:
Quote: Job Description
· Bachelors Degree.

· Must have experience of marketing
kid directed product.

· 5+ years experience in marketing
high profile brands or agency account management.

· Experience in TV, Video, Online and
Social Advertising required.

Besides, Skylanders is one of, if not the most important franchise to them so they are really looking for the best of the best.

Dang. I missed that cutoff..only 2 years of experience for marketing xD I'll try again in a few years I guess..
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#22 Posted: 02:30:19 14/04/2015 | Topic Creator
so this job is still posted

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2...ob_details_text

i dont think we'll be hearing any sky 5 news till this job is filled for a decent amount of time. Im pretty sure they need a marketing manager to reveal a game.
---
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#23 Posted: 02:38:20 14/04/2015
They wouldn't throw the burden of revealing the new game on someone that quickly...
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#24 Posted: 02:45:11 14/04/2015
Don't worry, Zoo Lou Studdert will do it smilie
#25 Posted: 03:31:09 14/04/2015 | Topic Creator
They would have a team of people for them that probably have alot organised but its more appropriate for these jobs that the person who is going to be in charge to at least oversee and advise on the start of marketing. Coz thats their job. As why they need them to be experienced. They dont give people a month to get comfortable in jobs like these.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#26 Posted: 10:53:52 14/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
so this job is still posted

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2...ob_details_text

i dont think we'll be hearing any sky 5 news till this job is filled for a decent amount of time. Im pretty sure they need a marketing manager to reveal a game.

Was it not the TFB staff that revealed TT? If so this means absolutely nothing as VV would be able to reveal it. Also you're forgetting that Activison is revealing a new supposed Guitar Hero game TODAY.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me