Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The All Purpose Splatoon Topic!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26
The All Purpose Splatoon Topic!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#201 Posted: 02:17:02 01/06/2015

- - -
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#202 Posted: 15:59:59 01/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: LunarDistortion
Of course there wouldn't be any Mario Sunshine references in a game that used to be a Mario title and carries inspiration heavily from that game. Why would it? That would make no sense whatsoever!

Sigh...

Fine, I guess I'll take Miiverse's solution.

[User Posted Image]

That's awesome!

You guys realize that that spot specifically is an area where "Mii verse" drawing are posted?

As in...it's not actually there..as soon as that person logs off the server or logs into single player it disappears?

As in NOT AN EASTER EGG.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#203 Posted: 16:11:23 01/06/2015
I'm pretty sure he's just complimenting the feature.

Besides, I remember seeing several variations of this image when I first started playing the game on release day.

And the Splatoon Miiverse is crawling with memes and other references.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:13:50 01/06/2015 by Matteomax
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#204 Posted: 16:13:22 01/06/2015
A new map and weapon will be released today, 7pm EST. Skip to 7:45 in this video for more information:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:15:15 01/06/2015 by TTD
#205 Posted: 16:59:10 01/06/2015
I honestly like the soft release stuff.

This SPECIFIC model I believe works well for younger kids. Maybe the impatient adults can't handle it, as they need to unlock everything immediately, but the more mystery and unlockables keep kids coming back.

And as someone who can only play the Wii U on weekends it means i get to try lots of new content each weekend and that's pretty cool.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#206 Posted: 17:57:55 01/06/2015
Quote:
Maybe the impatient adults can't handle it, as they need to unlock everything immediately, but the more mystery and unlockables keep kids coming back.

What's replay value?????
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#207 Posted: 18:17:44 01/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: OnionCakes
You guys realize that that spot specifically is an area where "Mii verse" drawing are posted?

As in...it's not actually there..as soon as that person logs off the server or logs into single player it disappears?

As in NOT AN EASTER EGG.

Yeah, that's why I say I'm taking their solution, because there aren't any easter eggs, just people on Miiverse messing around.

I know it's not an actual planned easter egg, but it's a cool idea to make up for it.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#208 Posted: 22:58:18 01/06/2015
Quote: OnionCakes
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: LunarDistortion
Of course there wouldn't be any Mario Sunshine references in a game that used to be a Mario title and carries inspiration heavily from that game. Why would it? That would make no sense whatsoever!

Sigh...

Fine, I guess I'll take Miiverse's solution.

[User Posted Image]

That's awesome!

As in NOT AN EASTER EGG.

I guess you didn't read the whole post.
---
words. letters. filler.
#209 Posted: 23:06:22 01/06/2015 | Topic Creator
In case anyone missed it, the N-Zap '85 pistol, Port Mackerel map, and Ranked Battle mode will be released for free today!

[User Posted Image]
#210 Posted: 01:19:22 02/06/2015
I need like a level left to be able to go on rank. So basicly I have to play a crap lot of matches. On the other note I told my friend to play Splatoon but he said "It's stupid because all you do is play multiplayer and shoot people because it doesn't have a story to it." Massive ****ing goon.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#211 Posted: 07:15:06 02/06/2015
Quote: somePerson
I need like a level left to be able to go on rank. So basicly I have to play a crap lot of matches. On the other note I told my friend to play Splatoon but he said "It's stupid because all you do is play multiplayer and shoot people because it doesn't have a story to it." Massive ****ing goon.

*doesn't have a story to it*
Wow... Even if it is a bit bare bones and short, its still there in the campaign mode. There's also the Sunken Scrolls to give an insight into Splatoon.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#212 Posted: 14:57:14 02/06/2015
i was in the store yesterday and i read the back cover of the game box... it simply said its all about the multiplayer. so you know what you pay for, since this aint a story driven game. its more or less japans wacky answer to cod, that is how i see it.

also this time the 3 splatoon amiibos that was released. act more or less like dlc and they unlock playable levels in the game, if you get them.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#213 Posted: 15:01:19 02/06/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: MagicFizz
I have been playing this game for a solid 5 hours. I can confirm that this games is extremely fun. Maaaaybe not worth the $60 put still super enjoyable nonetheless.

Most people don't really have any objections to the game mechanics or the level design. It's just the content isn't really there right now, and to get extra content NOW, you have to buy figures that may be hard to find depending on where you live. Also the omission of essential online shooter features like voice chat and parties.

-----------

EDIT: OK so you know how I said that some of the maps they are holding back are actually finished but are being held back for arbitrary reasons?

Turns out I was right on the money.

[User Posted Image]

This is a photo of the official Splatoon guide book. Along with leaking some weapons, it also leaks 4 of the upcoming stage DLC.

Camp Triggerfish was shown prominently in the Splatoon Direct and was fully functional by the looks of it.

Kelp Dome and Bluefin Depot, however, are actually maps in single player. The latter of which is actually used for TWO story missions.

There is no reason for them to be held back when they are clearly done. I seriously think the developers are just being condescending at this point and holding back more complex stuff because they feel "players aren't ready".

there is talk about the content being already on the disc and the free stuff will be unlocked at certain dates.. this is to keep the game interested and played through the year to come...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#214 Posted: 15:37:59 02/06/2015
Quote:
there is talk about the content being already on the disc and the free stuff will be unlocked at certain dates.. this is to keep the game interested and played through the year to come...

[User Posted Image]

-----
---
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#215 Posted: 20:17:45 02/06/2015
Quote:

[User Posted Image]

-----

What are you talking about?
#216 Posted: 20:23:35 02/06/2015
Melee is a game that has remained relevant for over a decade despite never having things being added (specifically vital features, like with Splatoon) incrementally with disc unlocking updates.

It bothers me that people defend Splatoon's nickel and diming with Amiibo, and leaving vital content to be released months after people have paid $60 for it, by saying "IT KEEPS THE GAME RELEVANT".

Just make a really good, solid game and market it well, and it's relevant for years.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:24:03 02/06/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#217 Posted: 20:37:54 02/06/2015
Inkling Squid Amiibo Unlockable

Inkling Girl Amiibo Unlockable

Inkling Boy Amiibo Unlockable

Splatoon Official Game Guide Preview

Splatoon Review: Gameplay, Online Play, Amiibo & More!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:13 02/06/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#218 Posted: 21:18:27 02/06/2015
Quote:
Last night, Splatoon got an update with a number of goodies, including a new map , a new mode, and a new weapon—all for free. Curiously, I didn’t actually download anything for this update, which made it seem like it was already on the disc.

read more....
http://kotaku.com/splatoons-ra...core-1708508137
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#219 Posted: 21:24:38 02/06/2015
Melee is a game that has remained relevant for over a decade despite never having things being added (specifically vital features, like with Splatoon) incrementally with disc unlocking updates.

It bothers me that people defend Splatoon's nickel and diming with Amiibo, and leaving vital content to be released months after people have paid $60 for it, by saying "IT KEEPS THE GAME RELEVANT".

Just make a really good, solid game and market it well, and it's relevant for years.

The problem is that Splatoon has no competitive scene. And it never will. Its hardly going to be relevant in a month.

Melee is relevant because there is a lot Kore to do in the game, has a crap load of more content, adjust customs rulesets, and can actually be played competitively. Its entertaining as hell to watch where as splatoon is not entertaining to watch.
#220 Posted: 21:26:48 02/06/2015
The reason Splatoon has no competitive scene is because it doesn't have the options to facilitate it, and the dev team seems against some of them.

It isn't anything to do with the quality of the core gameplay, because it more than delivers there, more than any other shooter I've seen.
---
#221 Posted: 21:29:47 02/06/2015
Splatoon even with custom timed matches is no way competitive. Its boring and requires no tech. How long would you want to see squid-jumping and spraying paint everywhere? The commentary for it would suck major ass too.
#222 Posted: 21:39:51 02/06/2015
Quote: zer0dch

The problem is that Splatoon has no competitive scene. And it never will. Its hardly going to be relevant in a month.

Melee is relevant because there is a lot Kore to do in the game, has a crap load of more content, adjust customs rulesets, and can actually be played competitively. Its entertaining as hell to watch where as splatoon is not entertaining to watch.

Rank mode is basically King Of The Hill in TF2. Future updates will allow the ability to change rules with friends.
#223 Posted: 21:42:15 02/06/2015

Rank mode is basically King Of The Hill in TF2. Future updates will allow the ability to change rules with friends.

Splatoon still lacks in play style compared to TF2, though.
#224 Posted: 22:06:55 02/06/2015
zero, why do you feel the need to compare everything to something else?

TF2 is great but Splatoon isn't meant to be inherently like it in the first place. It has it's own merits and offers things TF2 doesn't, and vice versa.
---
#225 Posted: 22:08:17 02/06/2015
The merits splatoon has definitely doesn't qualify it to be competitive bruh
#226 Posted: 22:20:39 02/06/2015
It has more movement options than most games in the genre, TF included. Like, miles more. Don't even attempt to debate that much, as it's pretty much the only online shooter that puts any emphasis on this aspect besides Uncharted.

It has a class system of sorts designed to give players with different skills a fighting chance, which is just like TF.

It has very well designed maps even if there aren't enough at the moment.

It has people coming up with intuitive techniques in order to play better:

Don't know why I bother with you though since it's like talking to a robot at this point.
---
#227 Posted: 22:49:09 02/06/2015
I like Splatoon. So take that.
---
#228 Posted: 23:18:54 02/06/2015
My favorite part of Splatoon is when the other team goes beast mode in the last 30 seconds.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:16:34 03/06/2015 by somePerson
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#229 Posted: 00:35:37 03/06/2015
anybody want to play now?
---
My life is complete.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#230 Posted: 03:15:19 03/06/2015

chill out you complain too much.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#231 Posted: 04:02:10 03/06/2015
Quote: shroom boom

He's entitled to his opinions, no need to shut him up.
---
words. letters. filler.
#232 Posted: 04:25:11 03/06/2015
It has more movement options than most games in the genre, TF included. Like, miles more. Don't even attempt to debate that much, as it's pretty much the only online shooter that puts any emphasis on this aspect besides Uncharted.

It has a class system of sorts designed to give players with different skills a fighting chance, which is just like TF.

It has very well designed maps even if there aren't enough at the moment.

It has people coming up with intuitive techniques in order to play better:

Don't know why I bother with you though since it's like talking to a robot at this point.

Intuitive techniques aren't going to change the base formula of the game. It's still boring as hell to watch. There is nothing another player could contribute to Splatoon that another player couldn't.

Quote: shroom boom

@taco thanks

I just don't understand the push for a competitive scene when the playerbase is going to be gone in a month and when the game itself is no where near competitive grounds
#233 Posted: 19:58:07 03/06/2015
anybody want to play now?

*cough*
---
My life is complete.
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#234 Posted: 01:04:47 04/06/2015
http://nintendoeverything.com/...ration-costume/

Splatoon now confirmed 10/10 GOTYAY
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
#235 Posted: 01:31:19 04/06/2015
My team in Splatoon in a nutshell.

Hey look there are people taking over our base. Let's all super jump to the guy who is on the other side painting the other base.
#236 Posted: 15:57:18 04/06/2015
So Lunar, it looks like you may get your big Super Mario Sunshine reference in Splatoon after all!

https://twitter.com/infoamiibo...3067392/photo/1
[User Posted Image]

While this is currently a rumoured leak and not confirmed, it is backed up by the fact that Nintendo accidentally listed Splatoon as being compatible with the Dr. Mario Amiibo for Smash.

That may seem irrelevant at first, but a recent study on NFC character identification in Amiibos backs up the theory that the Smash Bros Dr. Mario Amiibo will likely function identically to other Mario Amiibos outside of Smash.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:54 04/06/2015 by sonicbrawler182
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#237 Posted: 16:01:24 04/06/2015
So Lunar, it looks like you may get your big Super Mario Sunshine reference in Splatoon after all!

[User Posted Image]

While this is currently a rumoured leak and not confirmed, it is backed up by the fact that Nintendo accidentally listed Splatoon as being compatible with the Dr. Mario Amiibo for Smash.

That may seem irrelevant at first, but a recent study on NFC character identification in Amiibos backs up the theory that the Smash Bros Dr. Mario Amiibo will likely function identically to other Mario Amiibos outside of Smash.

OOHHH! THAT'S SO COOL!

PLEASE BE REAL! I'D GET SPLATOON SOONER IF IT IS!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#238 Posted: 16:30:23 04/06/2015

-----
---
#239 Posted: 17:26:32 04/06/2015

-----

His Smash videos are better.
#240 Posted: 20:47:59 04/06/2015 | Topic Creator

[User Posted Image]

I...

That's amazing. That Mario render is gorgeous, but...

I don't believe it, and for a few reasons.

1. Nothing in that picture can't be replicated fairly simply in Photoshop. Even the render, which looks official, can be replicated as has been shown before. We are in the eye of the storm of fake leaks thanks to Rayman, (Twilight Princess 3D, Medievil PS4, PM:TYD 3D, etc.), so even if nothing here could be faked, I'd still be wary.

2. Where is this screen supposed to be used? It doesn't really match any other part of the game and the proportions look too strange to be shown on the Gamepad, so where? The obvious spot would be the Amiibo box, right? However, as far as I know, this doesn't look anything like that. Plus, where is the "Press B to go back" button or explanation about what exactly happens when you place one of the many Mario Amiibo on the Gamepad. Both Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 have something like this, so unless JP regions don't have that sort of thing, where are they? This screen honestly looks more akin to an announcement trailer than a part of the game.

3. As said above, what is the content? As it looks now, it seems like you get to play as Mario and F.L.U.D.D. My question is how that would work. Will Mario be able to turn into a Squid, as that's a very important part of the gameplay. Would the Hover, Rocket, or Turbo nozzles be used for F.L.U.D.D.? How would the shown picture in Singleplayer work if you can't turn into a squid? The only thing I can think of that could work is a few Mario Sunshine themed Amiibo challenges, maybe using some of the secret levels from that game (Twisty Trials Galaxy, anyone?). He looks to not be able to shoot ink, as F.L.U.D.D. in the render is containing water, not ink. (Unless it's light blue ink, which I doubt.) That's two main gimmicks that Mario seems to not be able to perform. This seems way too good to be true, and probably isn't.

I really want it to be real, but there are too many weird things about it. I really don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.
#241 Posted: 20:56:33 04/06/2015
I was about to beat the final boss but then I fell off the stage. I want to ****ing kill myself.
#242 Posted: 21:13:08 04/06/2015
The image isn't supposed to be in-game FYI, I think it's just a "leaked" promotional image.

Also the render is not a past render. It would not be easy to recreate in PhotoShop. Keep in mind that ArtsyOmni did his Rayman leak to advertise Smashified. He would not have put so much effort into it otherwise. It wasn't something he did overnight.

I'm not gonna go either way. It's ambiguous as to what the content is. But there is that slip up on Nintendo's part on listing Dr. Mario's Amiibo as compatible with Splatoon, and that Amiibo is very likely to function as regular Mario Amiibo outside of Smash, as evidenced by that guy's research.

As for what it could be:

[User Posted Image]

It could easily be a new mode where a player plays as Mario and tries to clean up the mess of ink left by a bunch of Inkling players. Many multiplayer shooters have a "1 Player VS The Rest" mode, and I can see this working.

I could also see a modified single-player mode working for Mario. Just give him the abilities he had in Sunshine, and change the levels around slightly where needed, and he could easily get through the entire single-player.
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#243 Posted: 23:01:31 04/06/2015
I'm interested to see the Squid Girl inspired skin even though I don't care about this game

http://www.crunchyroll.com/ani...girl-outfit-dlc
---
Gay 4 GARcher
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#244 Posted: 14:23:20 05/06/2015
The paintbrush is coming out tomorrow morning in the UK. Not sure about American times.
#245 Posted: 18:47:52 05/06/2015
im just so glad i got splatoon after the horrid skylanders super chargers reveal... splatoon is the most fun game i have played in years smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#246 Posted: 23:58:40 05/06/2015
Quote: TorchSheep
The paintbrush is coming out tomorrow morning in the UK. Not sure about American times.

7pm pst tonight
#247 Posted: 16:53:00 06/06/2015
Ok so the inkbrush sucks some major ass.

It has no range, it absolutely sucks at spreading ink and splatting enemies, and when you try to brush over enemy ink, you still get stuck in in for some reason.
---
My life is complete.
#248 Posted: 17:02:56 06/06/2015

It has no range, it absolutely sucks at spreading ink and splatting enemies, and when you try to brush over enemy ink, you still get stuck in in for some reason.

It's good for being a support type in rank.
#249 Posted: 17:05:01 06/06/2015

It's good for being a support type in rank.

pshhhh **** supports those people are loozers lol

jkkkkkk

pssst we should play online
---
My life is complete.
camoses Blue Sparx Gems: 768
#250 Posted: 18:15:24 06/06/2015
I will be getting this game tomorrow!
---
The great cornholio!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me