darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders Trap Team: Member's Helpline
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Trap Team: Member's Helpline
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#1 Posted: 18:07:35 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Now I know there is a bug and glitch topic, but I've seen alot of new topics made asking for help on other things in the game which clog up the forum. Thought this would be a good idea, feel free to disagree and explain why this may not be such a good idea.

Now I was looking on Activision Support and found a full host of different problems that can occur, here is a simplified list with solutions.
Problem-----------------------------------------------------------------Solution
Slow frame rate while using Dune Bug(After every 30mins). ----Swap to a villain or skylander and swap back.
Waterwalker upgrade for Double Trouble not working.------------- This feature is not available in Trap Team.
Hard to reach platforms using Legendary Zoo Lou.------------------Legendary Zoo Lou does not jump as high as other skylanders so change character.
Low Frame Rate on PS3-------------------------------------------------Watch this -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnjOx7VlK4 follow instructions given.
Deep Skin upgrade for Dark Wash Buckler, not working-----------Specific to this variant version. No Fix unfortunately.
Dino Rang unable to throw boomerangs attack---------------------Can occur by repeatedly attacking while jumping. Fixed by removing character and placing back on portal.

Other:
Problem - I’ve changed the top part of my SWAP Force Skylander but it hasn’t changed in-game.
Solution/Reason -This can occur if the top part of a swappable Skylander is changed too soon after placing a Trap in the Portal. To resolve the issue, remove and replace the Skylander on the Portal. To avoid this issue, be sure to wait a few seconds after placing the Trap in the Portal before changing the Skylander on the Portal.

Need help with finding something in levels? Check out the walkthroughs here - //www.darkspyro.net/trapteam/walkthrough/

Feel free to post a problem or inquiry and I'm sure other members will assist you.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 18:56:51 25/03/2015
Good idea, as in solutions to problems instead of talking about bugs for which they'll be no fix. Keep em coming. Btw, Activision's support line typically chimes in with "reset your skylander" as a solution, which I do not.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#3 Posted: 20:14:25 25/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Good idea, as in solutions to problems instead of talking about bugs for which they'll be no fix. Keep em coming. Btw, Activision's support line typically chimes in with "reset your skylander" as a solution, which I do not.

A friend and I played through the final stage of the Kaos Challenge together and, for whatever reason, couldn't get the hat at the end due to it somehow popping up in the air instead of being on the ground. Activision's solution to this known bug? Do it again, either without a Trap Master or making sure that any trap masters don't get hit by the tornadoes which come out (one of them getting thrown up in the air by a tornado is what causes it). Something tells me they need to hire a new group of people to do their PR and Customer Service as whoever's working those positions now sucks. Bad.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#4 Posted: 20:44:49 25/03/2015
Great idea
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#5 Posted: 23:03:42 25/03/2015
That's not cool that the PR/ customer service is that poor for Skylanders. If it was that way for Destiny or COD, that would be like every E-ride in Disneyland & California Adventure closed for renovations . Guests would riot. Same applies for COD & Destiny. God forbid they would treat customers that way for those two games....their top two cash crops, it's a shame that they treat Skylanders the same way.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#6 Posted: 23:07:18 25/03/2015
Legendary Zoo Lou also gets negative armor when you put a rainbow hat on him. Geez, "legendary" went to his head.
#7 Posted: 00:54:47 26/03/2015
Im not familiar with "negative armor"...as in it GOES DOWN if you put on the rainbow hat?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#8 Posted: 02:49:46 26/03/2015
Im not familiar with "negative armor"...as in it GOES DOWN if you put on the rainbow hat?

That's actually very possible. Depending on what his armor already is, if you spike it with a hat, it could make the value larger than the largest possible for the variable in the code that controls that stat,misusing it to show up as a negative. There was a similar glitch in the first few Civilization games. Ghandi's aggressiveness was set so low that when Democracy was discovered and became available for all nations, it lowered his score so much that it went past the variable's limit and made him actually have maximum aggression. Ever wonder why Ghandi was always suddenly willing to start a nuclear war? smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#9 Posted: 11:29:04 26/03/2015

or they may ask you to format the hard drive, lol...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#10 Posted: 15:15:50 26/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

That's actually very possible. Depending on what his armor already is, if you spike it with a hat, it could make the value larger than the largest possible for the variable in the code that controls that stat,misusing it to show up as a negative. There was a similar glitch in the first few Civilization games. Ghandi's aggressiveness was set so low that when Democracy was discovered and became available for all nations, it lowered his score so much that it went past the variable's limit and made him actually have maximum aggression. Ever wonder why Ghandi was always suddenly willing to start a nuclear war? smilie

-Doug

I guess Zoo Lou's words are backed by nuclear spirit animals.

Yeah, that's actually odd. Armor only affects the "evasion" of attacks. Can someone test this out and see if he evades more attacks than normal?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#11 Posted: 19:44:04 26/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

-Doug

I get the technical viability of this negative use case, was simply thinking someone paying attention during testing would've seen it or they would've accounted for this in their common core math calculations.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#12 Posted: 20:53:45 26/03/2015
I tested... I'd say Legendary Zoo Lou blocked approximately the same percentage of attacks with and without the Rainbow Hat. It's hard to test since sometimes you are not lucky and barely block any attacks... The messed up Armor happens only when you have the Thicker Pigskin upgrade unlocked (it gives additional Armor) and with any hat that gives Armor. I think it's understandable if it was overlooked. Maybe when they tested several hats on this character in particular, the character was not upgraded, or it was fully upgrade in the other path without the Thicker Pigskin upgrade.
---
bye
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#13 Posted: 12:45:52 12/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Anyone needs help with Trap Team or has been experiencing problems? Look no further Activision have provided FAQs to assist.

General Progression - http://support.activision.com/...&fs=Search&pn=3
Game & Toy Saves - http://support.activision.com/...&fs=Search&pn=1
Characters & Magic Items - http://support.activision.com/...&fs=Search&pn=1
Toy Compatibility - http://support.activision.com/...&fs=Search&pn=1

Read through the above pages to find a solution to your issue. Thank you for using the Member's Helpline.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#14 Posted: 13:05:45 12/04/2015
My Thumpback don't works in STT, but it works in the other games using the traptanium portal. Someone knows how to fix this?
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#15 Posted: 13:15:15 12/04/2015
Quote: Akseyomiht
My Thumpback don't works in STT, but it works in the other games using the traptanium portal. Someone knows how to fix this?

Try moving thumpback nearer the ring around the portal.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#16 Posted: 13:19:03 12/04/2015

I've found this with some charscters occasionally too. I think the old portals arnt as powerful or they wear out. I don't think you can fix it. You can try opening up the base of your skylander and rearranging the circuit pad , I've found sometimes weird pressure on parts of the circuit can effect it.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#17 Posted: 15:14:33 12/04/2015
That's weird all my skylanders work in tt and in the older games as well. I seen a lot of comments about figures not working or stop working and with my collection of 183 I personally have not had a figure not work or stop working and I have used ones as well. Closest problem I had is when I had older portals that were active close to the traptanium portal and the interference caused it to not read the RFID chips properly a example is the figure not showing up in game I would either see a white scree pop up saying that the toy on the portal is not a skylander or it will keep the player 1 place a skylander on the portal. Having the portal close to other electronics as well may cause that to happen as well hopefully you won't have to send your thumpback in he's cool
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#18 Posted: 16:02:36 12/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender

I've found this with some charscters occasionally too. I think the old portals arnt as powerful or they wear out. I don't think you can fix it. You can try opening up the base of your skylander and rearranging the circuit pad , I've found sometimes weird pressure on parts of the circuit can effect it.

Actually it's the Traptanium portal that doesn't work as well. I've had some figures where I had to move them closer to the outside of the portal or near the trap for them to register.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#19 Posted: 16:22:12 12/04/2015
Speaking about the Traptanium Portal, I know it's a bit off-topic but a random question popped in my mind.

Is it possible they decided to put the glowing part on the borders instead of the base, to avoid a possible toy overheating?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#20 Posted: 16:56:29 12/04/2015
^The glowing parts are LED's they don't get hot....at all. And i have the same problem...having to put all my Giants up against the white ring for them the work.
Hopfulllyyyy they will make a better Portal for Skylanders 5. *crosses fingers*
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:52 12/04/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
#21 Posted: 17:02:24 12/04/2015
Quote: Drek95
Speaking about the Traptanium Portal, I know it's a bit off-topic but a random question popped in my mind.

Is it possible they decided to put the glowing part on the borders instead of the base, to avoid a possible toy overheating?

Doubtful, I just think they just got a bit fancy with the design...these figure read failures had to have been seen during testing though.
#22 Posted: 17:45:06 12/04/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
^The glowing parts are LED's they don't get hot....at all. And i have the same problem...having to put all my Giants up against the white ring for them the work.
Hopfulllyyyy they will make a better Portal for Skylanders 5. *crosses fingers*

Thanks, didn't know they were LED too. smilie
But... Is it just me or do the toys' bases get hot after staying on the Portal too much...?

Anyway, I hope they won't create a new Portal, or if they will, at least let you trade the old one for the new.
That way the Starter Pack could cost less.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#23 Posted: 21:57:22 12/04/2015
No, don't think so...

#24 Posted: 22:09:36 12/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
No, don't think so...

That's... Fun. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#25 Posted: 10:46:24 13/04/2015
It's good they make new portals each time. If everyone was still using their portals from SA they probably would've all become faulty by now. They can't Last for ever. It's good to always have spares.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me