darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Do you think Skylanders 5 will be released on the Wii?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Do you think Skylanders 5 will be released on the Wii?
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#51 Posted: 11:05:46 27/04/2015
On the other site Activision earn enough money with the franchise, so that they could make different games. One for the 3Ds and Wii, a 2nd for 360, PS3 and Wii U and a 3rd for XBO, PS4 and what ever Nintendos NX will be. Irrelevant if this altogether will cost 150 oder 200 million dollars. If they want furthermore earn a billion or more with every game, they must invest a few hundred millions in the franchise.
Pokypro Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#52 Posted: 11:07:20 27/04/2015
Sorry to break the news, but it is highly unlikely. If I recall correctly in an interview the developers stated "We have already pushed the Wii's hardware to its limits and its unlikely that we will continue to support it for much longer". This statement is obviously valid, as there are numerous glitches in the more recent entries of the Skylanders games on the Wii due to the Wii not having enough power to match the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U games (the Wii is basically the same game file as the last-gen consoles, however more complicated textures have been taken out and other adjustments have obviously been made). They were actually not supposed to make TT for the Wii, but decided to make it with a Wii U free download code as a way to bring in more revenue. In my opinion I think the Wii, if possible, should be still supported, as some gamers can not afford to buy even a last gen console. Hope I helped! smilie
---
Skylanders Youtuber (https://www.youtube.com/user/Pokypro)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#53 Posted: 12:41:00 27/04/2015
Key word is "supported", Pokypyro. If the manufacturer no longer supports it, and have shut down the network, that puts a precarious scenario for Activision. It's like running Windows XP in 2015 and expect issues to be fixed. Granted, it's not like they release patches, but it really becomes an impossibility now instead of an improbability. I think it's a risk that they can't pursue from a legality coverage scenario.

As to your point about not being able to afford...well the Wii was $150 when new. That's well within the range of the Xbox/PS3 pre-owned, and prices are going to do nothing but go down now with PS4/XBO. Heck a 4GB Xbox 360 console new is $75. So, your argument is invalid. Price isn't the issue, maybe parents think they only need to buy one console for their kids. That to me sounds like a more legitimate argument.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 12:45:48 27/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
skylanderspain Green Sparx Gems: 310
#54 Posted: 13:48:42 27/04/2015
Anyone could translate german ??

http://www.skylandersinquirer....n-skylanders-5/
#55 Posted: 14:05:06 27/04/2015
Yes, but no really news, just a announcement for a first look of Skylanders 5 in the next Game Master magazine (June 3rd). And in the lower area with the Fling Kong pic a question for the favorite Skylanders of the community and how many figures they own.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#56 Posted: 01:00:31 28/04/2015
Quote: wreckingballbob
No, it won't be. We can't hold onto the Wii forever.

I totally concur. That is why I upgraded to the Wii U. Activision should contemplate on avoiding anymore Wii versions while making Sky 5.
#57 Posted: 04:53:32 28/04/2015
And now the games will be release on the tablet pc. Could it be another brake block? The Wii may has a very limited hardware, but that was no problem at the developing of Swap Force. And the levels was minimum 50 % bigger as them in Trap Team.

On the other site we're talking about a lot of background data for all the Skylanders and variants, the Swap abilities, the trap support, the villain jingles and their voices without the portal. And who knows how many it with Sky 5 will be or what ever the gimmick of the Newlanders may be?
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#58 Posted: 05:29:40 28/04/2015
I hope they cut the cord.
Though I did like that the Wii version of Trap Team let me have the Wii U one digitally.
---
#all Spyros are valid
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#59 Posted: 15:49:37 28/04/2015
Quote: Pokypro
Sorry to break the news, but it is highly unlikely. If I recall correctly in an interview the developers stated "We have already pushed the Wii's hardware to its limits and its unlikely that we will continue to support it for much longer". This statement is obviously valid, as there are numerous glitches in the more recent entries of the Skylanders games on the Wii due to the Wii not having enough power to match the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U games (the Wii is basically the same game file as the last-gen consoles, however more complicated textures have been taken out and other adjustments have obviously been made). They were actually not supposed to make TT for the Wii, but decided to make it with a Wii U free download code as a way to bring in more revenue. In my opinion I think the Wii, if possible, should be still supported, as some gamers can not afford to buy even a last gen console. Hope I helped! smilie

I don't think glitches can be blamed on the limited specs of the Wii, since the PS4 and XBOX One versions appear to have WAY more glitches (based on the community's complaints, I literally hear people on the PS4 and One complain about glitches that they can't get around... I play the wii U, the game has NEVER ONCE FROZEN... Nor have I stumbled upon ANY glitches since I picked up the game... well there was ONE... This Masker mind in Monster Marsh was stuck and invincible, so I had to quit the level... I still don't get how I triggered it... :S I believed it was where you fought the Eye Scream? or at least, at her hut, if that's not the same place...) than the Wii U's despite the Wii U's hardware being "more limited"

EDIT: I'll contribute to the topic with some song lyrics, modified
Rise and Let go! [of the wii and the rest of the last gen consoles]
Uprise until Unbound [from outdated specs]
Keep Rising evermore [to the best/up-to-date consoles as they become avaliable]
Don't stand down against the rules [Nintendo has already spoken, the Wii was NOT to receive any more support, and as a third party developer, you're basically slapping Nintendo's plans for the Wii U in the face by continued support on the wii, which was officially phased out long ago! (and you're ruining their concept of "Unique experience" on the wii u... if they can't set themselves apart from the competition with their "specs" so third party devs flock to the wii u, they can at least set themselves apart from the wii, to get skeptical consumers in on it... acti isn't HELPING]
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:10 28/04/2015 by juarmo
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#60 Posted: 22:36:24 28/04/2015
Personally, I hope so. Having played all the other games in the series on the wii, I really have no major complaints, though one could argue that I don't know what I am missing. Honestly, I am being selfish. I would rather not buy a whole new system. If only there was a way to have the best of all worlds. I would be content with a version of the game that does not have all the bells and whistles that others on these forums think the wii is holding up. If they can create a totally different version for the DS and for tablets, why not for the wii. Again, I may be a bit selfish.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#61 Posted: 04:08:40 29/04/2015
Quote:
I literally hear people on the PS4 and One complain about glitches that they can't get around...

I finished the PS4 100% without an issue.

Ding Dong the Wii is dead, time to move on.

Do you think we will see a tablet version of the next game? Did the tablet version sell well enough?
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#62 Posted: 04:45:26 29/04/2015
Quote: mantez
Quote:
I literally hear people on the PS4 and One complain about glitches that they can't get around...

I finished the PS4 100% without an issue.

Ding Dong the Wii is dead, time to move on.

Do you think we will see a tablet version of the next game? Did the tablet version sell well enough?

Same here, not sure where all these "massive" next gen bugs are coming from. A few glitches here and there, but no different from the other systems I've played it on over time (Wii, 360, WiiU, 3DS and XB1 versions of the various different games). I've had the WiiU and the XB1 versions on two different inputs on the same TV at once and the difference between the "more limited" WiiU specs are massive. In fact one of our fellow darkspyro users is now the owner of an XB1 partially due to that demonstration. I love my WiiU, but you haven't seen Skylanders at its best by far if the WiiU is the best you have seen.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#63 Posted: 04:56:40 29/04/2015
No wii, no wii, no wii, no wii
As soon as I got my ps3 I got swap force,
Never going back to wii
EXECPT for sports and pbr
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#64 Posted: 04:57:19 29/04/2015
Quote: mantez

I think the tablet is THE strategy for them. I envision previous gen (ps3/Xbox) next gen (Wii U/PS4/XBO)+ tablet only...given 3DS sales I'm not sure why they've kept that on life support. Again, noted it before, but mobile gaming is gaining ground every year. I know they don't want to alienate their Nintendo fans but given the chipset for Wii U I bet they wish they could wish that platform away.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 05:01:38 29/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#65 Posted: 05:03:45 29/04/2015
I think they should drop the Wii version and Tablet version (let us be honest, tablets aren't made for games like this)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#66 Posted: 05:05:46 29/04/2015
Quote: Kevin16
I think they should drop the Wii version and Tablet version (let us be honest, tablets aren't made for games like this)

Screen? Check.
Sound? Check.
Controller? Check.
Portal? Check.

I'd say it IS made for tablets. It's unconventional, but for some folks that don't have a game system but a tablet or someone that travels, this is a godsend.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#67 Posted: 07:16:34 29/04/2015
Isn't Nintendo working on a new console to be launched in 2-3 years time? I already have a Wii U, but if I didn't have one and I heard the news/rumors of an upcoming newer console, I'd be a bit hesitant thinking about a Wii U purchase and set my sights on perhaps a PS4 or XBox One instead. Just something else to throw into the equation. I do hope they drop the Wii for Sky 5...it's limits are holding back the franchise, although I know Activision just wants another simple entry into the series since they care more about pushing product rather than providing a knock your socks off game utililizing next generation console technology and disc space capacity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a PS4 disc have the capability of housing all of the first 4 Skylanders games on one disc?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#68 Posted: 11:20:53 29/04/2015
I don't recall any rumors of the WiiU being dropped for Nintendo to play catch up, but it's still going to survive for quite a while even if a new console starts being developed. Unlike the Wii, it can be patched and has MUCH greater capacity to support the franchise for years to come. Sure, it'll never have graphics or framerate as good as the others, but what it has is still what most people wouldn't ever have problems with.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#69 Posted: 14:05:01 29/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
[...]but it's still going to survive for quite a while even if a new console starts being developed.

This.

Nintendo starts work on their *next* console before their current console is even released. :D
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#70 Posted: 05:45:06 30/04/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Bifrost
[...]but it's still going to survive for quite a while even if a new console starts being developed.

This.

Nintendo starts work on their *next* console before their current console is even released. smilie

All companies do this. Apple likely have the iphone 7,8 and 9 in development. Samsung is likely the same. Sony is working on the PS5 and Xbox is like working it's console as well.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#71 Posted: 15:30:42 30/04/2015
Quote: Greeble
I'm hoping there will be a Wii version.

They already messed up Kingdom Hearts for me, don't do it with Skylanders as well

what? at the time, console Kingdom hearts were ALWAYS on Sony platforms, and the first one to NOT be is KH3, which will be for Xbox ONE as well as PS4, the handhelds are [almost] always Nintendo (almost bc birth by sleep was for PSP, or Vita idk idc), but the console releases were ANYTHING but...
Also: there'll still be a Wii U version for skylanders... I can say that with conviction...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me