darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Is it time to return to the Citadel already?
Page 1 of 1
Is it time to return to the Citadel already?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1 Posted: 19:58:36 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Considering there are more and more topics about what we want and what should stay for next game, I mentioned this once but now I really want to expand on it.
Eon's Citadel is pretty much the true canon hub for the Skylanders. As far as we know it's where they all live and stay when they're not working. And it used to be a lot more stylish than the newer hubs,looking like a real town:

[User Posted Image]

And though it can only be seen for a few seconds in Giants, the reconstruction seems to be keeping its architecture:

[User Posted Image]

So what I'm asking DS is... For the fifth or sixth game, would it be time to have the Citadel/Ruins,this time rebuilt,once again as a hub? Sure it'd take much longer to create especially if they allow people to finally see the living quarters of the team, but would it be worth it with the nostalgia for SSA starting to show up?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:51 23/03/2015 by Bifrost
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#2 Posted: 20:19:11 23/03/2015
I think so. Out of all of the hubs we've had so far, I enjoyed the original the most. Especially the ability to whack any of the NPCs who happened to be wandering around if they annoyed me, the mood hit me, etc. Hearing Flynn yelling "Ow! Hey! Stop it!" never got old, heheh.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:08 23/03/2015 by darkchylde28
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#3 Posted: 20:19:48 23/03/2015
I really liked the citadel, definitely my favourite hub and I'd like to see it return.

If it wasn't the hub though I think it'd be great for a in story tower defence level like the doom challenge. You could protect the core of light from trolls climbing up the cliffs and on the beach etc.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#4 Posted: 20:57:47 23/03/2015
One thing I think would be a neat addition is if the game would randomly spawn in Skylanders from our collection to wander and patrol as NPCs. Clearly they wouldn't be able to spawn in 120+ Skylanders at once, but if they'd select 3-4 at random to show up, it really would make the hub world feel more alive.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#5 Posted: 21:00:47 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
They do that in Lost Islands,though they also roll between your companions and random Mabu. Doubt it'll be easy to implement with bigger models but the mechanic could be the same - if you're using a NPC Skylander it despawns and rolls another one.
---
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#6 Posted: 21:27:51 23/03/2015
Best. Hub. Yet.
Really, if the just brought it back and allowed you to go inside the new buildings (and maybe the islands right by it) Then I'd be satisified.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#7 Posted: 21:30:11 23/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
I think so. Out of all of the hubs we've had so far, I enjoyed the original the most. Especially the ability to whack any of the NPCs who happened to be wandering around if they annoyed me, the mood hit me, etc. Hearing Flynn yelling "Ow! Hey! Stop it!" never got old, heheh.

-Doug

Small touches. imagine that. I do expect the Academy to go down in flames between now and next game. And letting Kaos know its location as part of Trap Team? Genius move guys. That was sarcasm, btw.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:30:28 23/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#8 Posted: 21:43:05 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Well he also knows exactly where the Citadel is too - in fact that's why we're playing the games in the first place. Not sure about Woodburrow,didn't have patience to watch every cutscene, and most of the Dread-Yachts he must've seen passing by(original in the Kastle since he was expecting them, primary color abomination and random airship he was in the hub at the time). So that's not really an argument, the Academy is getting attacked by Malefor if the comic covers are any indication but there's not much to win from it now that it has opened and probably has a better security system once Mags is done building.
---
#9 Posted: 21:49:52 23/03/2015
Yeah, I was looking for a security system at some point in between levels, never saw it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#10 Posted: 22:01:13 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
She was busy adding the three useless towers. There is the balcony in the one with the elevator that looks like it'd house a turret, might be a cut feature since it looks a lot like the Dreadyacht's turret hangar.
---
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#11 Posted: 22:07:13 23/03/2015
we must go back!!!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 23:11:39 23/03/2015
Would love it.
I expect Eon to tell the Skylanders to leave the Academy, in the next game, so that the Minis can be safer, while training.

A fully rebuilt Citadel, with all the SA features, and some twists (being able to dive in the small sea, reaching near islands to explore, a couple minigames, like turret shooter or fishing), and walking Skylanders npcs taken directly from your collection, that you can talk to, to show their different personalities... AWESOMENESS.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#13 Posted: 23:37:23 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Though to think of it, having personalized calls for each Skylander it'd probably take a toll in the VA budget. But even if they just said a random existing line or just 'Excellent!' from the Skaletones lines they'd feel alive enough,especially if they had their own character box like all other NPCs.
---
#14 Posted: 23:44:15 23/03/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Though to think of it, having personalized calls for each Skylander it'd probably take a toll in the VA budget. But even if they just said a random existing line or just 'Excellent!' from the Skaletones lines they'd feel alive enough,especially if they had their own character box like all other NPCs.

Sure, that would still be cool, it would help making the Citadel feel alive. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#15 Posted: 01:16:54 24/03/2015
I don't care what location they pull out of nowhere for the main hub, as long as it's a decent hub.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#16 Posted: 01:52:21 24/03/2015
I'd love to return to it, but make it bigger with more things to do and new areas.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#17 Posted: 01:59:23 24/03/2015
Thats a great idea Bifrost smilie it would be great for them to bring us back to the Citadel like Derk said for the saftey of the Mini's while they train....and the idea of random picks from your character box as NPC's is a very cool idea ShinkenRed.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#18 Posted: 06:45:03 24/03/2015
They should combine the Citadel and Skylanders Academy together
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#19 Posted: 10:19:58 24/03/2015
Quote: Skylander3112

They should put the Dread Yacht on the Citadel and allow you to move between the citadel and the academy giving us 3 hubs in one.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#20 Posted: 12:55:01 24/03/2015
I would like it if the Citadel was connected to the Skylanders Academy in some way.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#21 Posted: 13:52:21 24/03/2015
Quote: spyrocrash
I would like it if the Citadel was connected to the Skylanders Academy in some way.

I like this idea smilie
---
^ You all know it's true
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#22 Posted: 14:04:01 24/03/2015
I'm really curious about the hub of the next game. What would be great is to have an open world (sort of GTA, Lego Marvel lego superheroes, etc), but as this is not going to happen, I just hope it will have a fair open space.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#23 Posted: 15:53:57 24/03/2015
Quote: Medicus

They should put the Dread Yacht on the Citadel and allow you to move between the citadel and the academy giving us 3 hubs in one.

Quote: Greeble

I like this idea smilie

I like these ideas also....whould be very cool if they did that...altho having the Academy right next to the Citadel is not very safe...but like it matters anyway...Kaos knows where they both are anyway. smilie

Since you can't see behind you when you first start the game.
[User Posted Image]
They could put the Citadel infront of the Academy ...that dock to the right at the front of the Academy hub...Flynn's Dread Yacht could be parked there. And they could create a new spot on the Citadel for Flynn's ship....say that spot to the far left ...where the Dragon's Peak horn is.
Also since its been some time since we have been back to the Citadel it could have been restored to its former glory. smilie
[User Posted Image]
If they did this it would be REALY COOL. smilie And if its to bigg...they could do it like in the 3DS...when you go from Flynn's ship to one or the other have it load each like it dose in the 3DS. I would have no problem waiting for the Citadel or the Academy to load each time i move from one to the other, and each time you went back to the other it would load different NPC's from your character box.
---
#24 Posted: 17:43:30 24/03/2015
Looking at the Academy, I wish skylanders that could fly could ACTUALLY fly...at at least manageable heights. would love to tkae Spyro and give him a good tour of the entire academy. Oh wait, that's what Flynn's balloon ride was for lol.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:22 24/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#25 Posted: 19:15:58 24/03/2015
It would be cool for the Academy to be in front of the Citadel... But in the first cutscene, where you see Buzz celebrating its opening, you can see there is nothing in front of it.

Only some floating islands, one of which I think is Soda Springs.

But the Academy, being built by Mags, could very easily be a moving structure, with motors (remember the machine near the cauldron, in the "basement"...? Simply cooking gear, or... Something else...? smilie ).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#26 Posted: 01:15:39 25/03/2015
^Oh yeah forgot about that Drek....and true since Mag's build the whole Academy as you played thru...it would be cool for the opening cutscene of Skylanders 5 is to have her(Mags) actavate some hidden engines(rockest or props..witch ever) that come out of the bottom of the Academy island and we watch as she moves it over to where the Citadel is. And as she comes in to placement, Flynn's Dread Yacht is already parked at the spot i stated above..we get see Fylnn loss it thinking she is going to hit his newly fixed beloved ship....as we see Cali just close her eyes an shake her head as Flynn runs out of the shot bellowing like crazy at Mags smilie ...that would be funny. LOL
---
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#27 Posted: 01:55:06 25/03/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

I like this idea smilie

I like these ideas also....whould be very cool if they did that...altho having the Academy right next to the Citadel is not very safe...but like it matters anyway...Kaos knows where they both are anyway. smilie

[User Posted Image]
They could put the Citadel infront of the Academy ...that dock to the right at the front of the Academy hub...Flynn's Dread Yacht could be parked there. And they could create a new spot on the Citadel for Flynn's ship....say that spot to the far left ...where the Dragon's Peak horn is.
Also since its been some time since we have been back to the Citadel it could have been restored to its former glory. smilie
[User Posted Image]
If they did this it would be REALY COOL. smilie And if its to bigg...they could do it like in the 3DS...when you go from Flynn's ship to one or the other have it load each like it dose in the 3DS. I would have no problem waiting for the Citadel or the Academy to load each time i move from one to the other, and each time you went back to the other it would load different NPC's from your character box.

smilie HOW DID YOU GET THE ART!!! THE SPECIAL ART THAT THEY SCRAPPED! Isn't it supposed to look like this:
[User Posted Image]
---
Spread those positive vibes
#28 Posted: 07:34:16 25/03/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Quote: Phoenix_Lord

I like this idea smilie

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

smilie HOW DID YOU GET THE ART!!! THE SPECIAL ART THAT THEY SCRAPPED! Isn't it supposed to look like this:
[User Posted Image]

I'd say it's one of the early videos they showed.

The name and the gold incon are also smaller, and the health bar is thinner. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#29 Posted: 02:31:52 26/03/2015
Yes its one of the earlyer stills WilltheWizard.... smilie Calm down ...don't pop a blood vessel...its just a picture...lol. smilie
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#30 Posted: 02:38:04 26/03/2015
if i had my way, i'd put a HD remastered copy of both Skylanders adventures and Giants on the ps4 and Xbox 1 and allow for all the current released Skylanders to be playable...
I'd actually prefer this over whatever is going to happen with Skylanders 5.
#31 Posted: 06:50:23 26/03/2015
We should at least wait to see how the game is, before declaring it uninteresting.

I might see and HD remake of SA and Giants, but not this soon.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#32 Posted: 11:30:34 26/03/2015
yes i feel its time now, its been long enough with air towers. we need to be on the ground in a real open world hub.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#33 Posted: 19:55:22 26/03/2015
Quote: Drek95
We should at least wait to see how the game is, before declaring it uninteresting.

I might see and HD remake of SA and Giants, but not this soon.

I would appreciate this, as I would prefer to do everything on my primary console. Never say never...they just announced hidef versions of Batman Arkham games, and repurposed versions are poping up with increasing frequency (and inopportune moments). So....bring it on if they have the bandwidth. And when they do this, have an option to support ALL characters to date. smilie
---
#34 Posted: 20:04:45 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Updated rerelease with all characters avaliable would still have gimmicklanders rendered useless since SSA has no special gimmick, but would be welcome even if just Core ones so the level design doesn't get broken in half(waaaay too many tight corridors for Giants,especially in Creepy Citadel and the goddamn moving islands in Lair of Kaos who won't stop poking you with eletrified spikes).

But really not now,and REALLY not for the same price as the original(even if CD only,don't make it 60 bucks). It's way too soon even if the series was released mid generations, maybe when the current gen consoles start being the only ones around.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:04 26/03/2015 by Bifrost
#35 Posted: 20:08:46 26/03/2015
Yeah, I think the main idea is to be able to play as them in the game. I think they could design their games in such a way moving forward given character constraints that they could allow new characters to be used in previous games. I know I'm dreaming because that would mean Activision would care about the players...but since they don't patch their games...
---
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#36 Posted: 05:30:42 03/04/2015
I just realized, the dev team seems to be ripping gimmicks from fan ideas... Playable Villains? Interchangable parts?
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#37 Posted: 12:34:54 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: juarmo
I just realized, the dev team seems to be ripping gimmicks from fan ideas... Playable Villains? Interchangable parts?

LET'S NOT start that. It's an unwritten rule to look very far away at the fandom exactly so no one comes saying that they're ripping the fans off, and also so fanfics and fanart don't "taint" so to say their ideas for next game. Kaos Alliance was registered during Swap Force's announcement and is the base for the villain gimmick which we THEN speculated on, and interchangeable parts were being discussed since Giants because VV started their game then.
---
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#38 Posted: 13:13:31 03/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: juarmo

LET'S NOT start that. It's an unwritten rule to look very far away at the fandom exactly so no one comes saying that they're ripping the fans off, and also so fanfics and fanart don't "taint" so to say their ideas for next game. Kaos Alliance was registered during Swap Force's announcement and is the base for the villain gimmick which we THEN speculated on, and interchangeable parts were being discussed since Giants because VV started their game then.

I thought the first fanmade game proposal was back during Spyro's Adventure, using the same gimmick as SWAP Force, AND even if it WASN'T we had NO CLUE as to wat VV was up to, we came to the SWAP Force idea on OUR OWN... not only that, but wasn it the rumors of a Kaos action figure (NOT A PLAYABLE one, mind you, but an actual figure that TALKED) during Giants that sparked the ideas of "wouldn't it be cool if we could play as Kaos?" "Hmm, maybe they'll do something like that someday"
I don't think it would be "tainting" their ideas so much as "we'll give the fans what they CLEARLY want"
It was more out of wistful thinking than angst, that maybe they have people watching fan forums for ideas that have been proposed MULTIPLE times that SOUND good... Because its nice to know someone's listening... Someone who has the authority to DO something with those ideas, I mean...

And I know what you say is true... I came up with two ideas for my fave MMO that the Source Region announced shortly after... (one within a month, the other within a bit over half a year ), and I never so much as told someone the ideas OR wrote them down... which both means I have no proof, other than hearsay from the one guy I DID tell, (my bro), but also that there's no way they could've taken those same ideas from ME, as uncanny as a White Mage class, instead of a Pirate like everyone expected the fifth branch of the faction to be [and had no reason not to believe otherwise...] and plot-based Aliance between all the playable characters [not to be confused with a GUILD alliance...] may be... Because they had no way of taking them from me... I never mentioned them to anyone, after all smilie)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#39 Posted: 14:26:38 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
The rumors started because TFB has a Kaos figure(3 actually,but in different stages of polish) in display among their prototypes. It was an experiment with their 3D printer iirc,but people didn't take that answer and decided to say that they were planning to make him playable.

And you can't really assume that what a fanfic or a forum says is general fan opinion. If they followed DS, gimmicks would be considered heresy and 3D modeling a Gill Grunt or Eruptor would get you fired. Kids... Don't have the same opinion as most of us here do, to say the least. And that's not taking in account shipping or what someone's idea of mature might be.

Also there are plenty of topics for ideas for the game in this board, much less specific than this one which is about the hub worlds.
---
LordsOfSkulls Green Sparx Gems: 219
#40 Posted: 16:25:55 03/04/2015
Quote: ShinkenRed
One thing I think would be a neat addition is if the game would randomly spawn in Skylanders from our collection to wander and patrol as NPCs. Clearly they wouldn't be able to spawn in 120+ Skylanders at once, but if they'd select 3-4 at random to show up, it really would make the hub world feel more alive.

I like that idea.

But also would love if we get to choose own style HUB. Meaning you get to choose ur own theme hub which you like the most. Which can always be switched. But you got to build them from ground up. Like going to specific levels, and farming specific elemental/tool/item/legendary item.

To be able to bring the town or hub slowly build up from ran down structures.
---
The Mind Is The Slayer Of Reality - LoS
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me