First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Lack of interest? [CLOSED]
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#51 Posted: 11:14:46 28/03/2015
I find Trap Team boring now and I only play the game when I get new characters or when I am recording videos for my Youtube channel. I main problems with the game are:
- Villains (I don't like them at all. There are too much Villains, Villain fights are boring and I don't like playing as them.
- Most Trap Team Skylanders being too powerful compared to older Skylanders
- No increased level cap
- No quests or heroics
- Gameplay (Worse gameplay in the series for me)

If all of these are fixed with Skylanders 5 then I believe it will be the greatest Skylanders game of all.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#52 Posted: 12:52:16 28/03/2015
Villain fights,boring? I think I'd take 40 dodgefests over 3 traditional bosses per game that are only a taste of what can be done, maybe leave Traptanium Kaos at the door. Golden Queen,Wolfgang and Chef Pepperjack were definately centuries better than any of the other ones I played in SSA and Giants, and their only real issue was ridiculous health. I knew I played my worst during my LP against them but I had a blast to the last second.

And the gameplay is the same as SF. I think the word you're looking for is physics(knockback changes as everyone said before).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:52:55 28/03/2015 by Bifrost
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#53 Posted: 15:30:11 28/03/2015
I've been finding ways to keep the game from becoming boring after all these months. I don't play as Kaos as often while choosing whichever Villain I find to be more interesting like Bomb Shell, Bad Juju, Grinnade, Threatpack, Chill Bill, Cuckoo Clocker, Hood Sickle, Blaster-Tron, and Tae Kwon Crow. I choose whichever Skylander while fighting Villains and Doom Raiders, such as Echo vs. Wolfgang, Spotlight vs. Nightshade, and Blackout vs. Luminous.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#54 Posted: 16:19:30 28/03/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Villain fights,boring? I think I'd take 40 dodgefests over 3 traditional bosses per game that are only a taste of what can be done, maybe leave Traptanium Kaos at the door. Golden Queen,Wolfgang and Chef Pepperjack were definately centuries better than any of the other ones I played in SSA and Giants, and their only real issue was ridiculous health. I knew I played my worst during my LP against them but I had a blast to the last second.

And the gameplay is the same as SF. I think the word you're looking for is physics(knockback changes as everyone said before).

You might think Villain fights are fun but I do not enjoy them so there you go. I don't enjoy them because fighting up to three Villains in one level with trapping sequences each playthrough is annoying, I'd rather just fight normal enemies in that time rather than fighting a mini boss. I don't really have a problem with end of level bosses except their health being very high and the battle being repetitive because of it. I don't like the idea of capturing Villains at all and I'd much rather them work on making the game good rather than a bunch of pointless Villains.

Also, the physics are a part of the gameplay so the gameplay is different.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:22:55 28/03/2015 by wreckingballbob
#55 Posted: 16:40:59 28/03/2015
That's a lot of liberty taken with game terms there. If I change the damage of one character,by your logic the gameplay is different. Real difference is stuff like genre shifts,entirely new controls,etc.

And really saying stuff like it's annoying or boring is kinda subjective. Huge health makes things repetitive and that's a valid criticism, but villain introductions take no longer than 10 seconds - you'd be fighting triple the enemy waves in the time you fight a villain and with the current AI of 'flank whenever possible, turn around immediately' it's far more frustrating instead of focusing on one guy and his/her flunkies. That's by far Kaos Doom Challenge's biggest issue for me, and I don't play chapters to have the same experience.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#56 Posted: 17:32:34 28/03/2015
I agree with wreckingball, there isn't too much of a strategy required for 80% of the villains...it's just a button mashing fest. It's only the Doom Raiders where they spent the time to ensure different strategies or different attack methods were employed to make the fight more interesting. As I've stated before I'd rather have 4-5 AWESOME FIGHTS with villains than 40 mediocre fights and 6 middle of the road fights. Again, Activision is pushing QUANTITY versus QUALITY in more areas, mostly that involve their sales. Villains weren't a bad experiment, I would've personally throttled quantity and worked on quality of fewer villains. There are quite a few that would've never seen the light of day if I had the executive power. I also agree that the trapping sequences breaks the "flow" for those just wanting to do some experimentation/playing with skylanders and just want a good decent playthrough without too much disruption.

Quote: Tigorus
As a side note who here would be interested in a re-release of previous games allowing the newer Landers in older game and making Giants and SSA available on the new systems (PS4 and X-Box One). I would be first in line to pre-order that sucker lol. What caused this notion was seeing that Square is releasing FF X and FFX 2 for the hundredth time (where's my FF7 HD remake dammit lol). If they can spend resources to spruce up older stand alone games, wouldn't it make some fiscal since to re-release older Skylander games in HD and take advantage of all those older figs still on the shelf. This would also give veterans a trip down memory lane in HD and allow us to play with ALL our Skylanders in Giants, SSA and Swap Force while introducing new people to those gems that might have missed them.

I wish they would do this if for nothing else to help "push along" their customer base to the newer platforms. For once even if the graphics were marginally the same having all of the characters in the game and introduce some new modes of play / innovation would be awesome. And plus, I don't want to have to tie up 2 game systems for this franchise. I'd love to play them all on my next gen console.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 17:44:14 28/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#57 Posted: 20:13:03 28/03/2015
The games are already a button mashing party with or without the villains, the difference is if you're focusing on one guy+minions or 3 Cuckoo Clockers with unnatural speed or the other heavy enemy of the day. You just can't go in guns blazing because it's certain you won't even get to half health with the strategy you use for the normal guys.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#58 Posted: 01:58:55 29/03/2015
Game as a whole sure but I'm trying to compare Wolfgang's fight vs. Tussle Sprout. There's a huge difference and hence they water down the "villains" concept when they're that trivial.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#59 Posted: 02:23:00 29/03/2015
Oh yeah, the glorified small enemy battles do kinda drag,but it's back to the health issue - if he was only double or triple a normal Tussle Sprout's health it would've been anticlimatic but much smoother. I was comparing more Scrap Shooter,Smoke Scream,Hood Sickle, the guys that actually don't let you just run in and use a charge move.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me