Page 1 of 1
Wave 4 Shipment Update [CLOSED]
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#1 Posted: 11:45:39 19/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I finally got confirmation on what I am getting in my first new shipment from Activision (arriving Friday):

Wave 4 Cores
Wave 4.5 Trap Masters
Easter Skylanders

No Traps, no element packs, and no trap triple packs (although I was told I might get those next week).

I have no idea what is in the Wave 4.5 figure mix, but for me, it appears they skipped Waves 3 and 4, and I never saw a single box of them for Trap Masters. Maybe they are stuck on a carrier ship and we will see those later in the month.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#2 Posted: 11:48:54 19/03/2015
Thanks for th update! Let us know tomorrow what all you get.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 16:16:50 19/03/2015
You should on youtube on other users who got shipments from Activision. You're receiving the same items, if they don't run out of those.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#4 Posted: 23:42:01 20/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Just following up with the box breakdowns:

Trap Master Wave 4.5:
2 Blastermind
2 Tuff Luck
2 Thunderbolt
2 Short Cut
2 Knight Mare
2 Knight Light
(no Ka-Boom, he is going to continue to be hard to find)

Core Wave 4:
3 High Five
2 Bat Spin
2 Rocky Roll
2 Spotlight
2 Blackout
1 Echo (I don't know how popular she is going to be, but if you want her, grab her because there is only 1 per box)

Easter:
5 Power Punch Pet-Vac (Why?)
3 Eggsellent Weeruptor
4 Easter Earth Traps
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:42 20/03/2015 by BP
blade430 Green Sparx Gems: 427
#5 Posted: 23:46:15 20/03/2015
No KABOOM??????
---
"And so I arrive, like a sudden windstorm at a kindergarten picnic!"
-Dimentio
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#6 Posted: 23:55:47 20/03/2015
Hey BP, did you find any of the Clear Trap Masters in the case assortment?
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
skygrin Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#7 Posted: 23:58:44 20/03/2015
Where at?
---
smilie gottee
#8 Posted: 00:09:14 21/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax

I wish! In hundreds of cases of Skylanders, I have never received a single clear chase figure (swap force or trap team). I did recieve a factory defect spotlight that is missing the outline around one of his eyes if anyone is into that kind of thing.
Moonfire92 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#9 Posted: 01:03:46 21/03/2015
Do you own a store?
---
~Becca
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#10 Posted: 02:03:50 21/03/2015
My toys r us got 1 box of cores I got the only smilie there!! And she rocks
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:15:36 21/03/2015 by sprocketrocket
#11 Posted: 02:12:54 21/03/2015
Quote: BP
Quote: Matteomax

I wish! In hundreds of cases of Skylanders, I have never received a single clear chase figure (swap force or trap team). I did recieve a factory defect spotlight that is missing the outline around one of his eyes if anyone is into that kind of thing.

If you're receiving shipments from Activision, don't expect to see a Clear chase figure anytime soon. You'll usually get upcoming Wave Skylanders.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#12 Posted: 02:24:19 21/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Dont dash my blissful ignorance Aura! Every time I get a shipment, I quickly scan through all the boxes thinking "maybe I'll get lucky and find a clear one this time." Of course I never do and probably never will. But things like that are half the fun.
#13 Posted: 02:50:58 21/03/2015
I'm not bashing, since I've been getting the same exact shipments as you're starting to get.
---
#14 Posted: 14:05:28 21/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Sorry, phone reposted same comment....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:10:40 21/03/2015 by BP
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 19:10:12 21/03/2015
Quote: sprocketrocket

Your store got robbed.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#16 Posted: 12:30:47 22/03/2015
Echo is a surprisingly cool character. And she seemed like she was going to be a boring Zap look alike. Blackout and Spotlight are both awesome though.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#17 Posted: 00:33:38 23/03/2015
I only missed light/dark traps, because I was initially concentrating on the cores & Trap Masters, which I got them all. However, the traps came in shortly after I left, so I missed out. Went the next day & got the other 7 traps. Other people were going crazy getting them, though I don't know why. Compared to the dark spider trap & the light hawk trap, they aren't all that really important. I'll get them, but the traps in the expansion packs are going to be a hell of a lot harder to get because they're unique molds compared to the other four, which the other elements have similar ones
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#18 Posted: 02:59:29 23/03/2015
Yeah I don't get the fascination over the light/dark...other than continue this "restricted" supply to justify 2x buying prices. The only reason to nab them is to see that in the trap collection screen you've got them all, and/or to represent each of your dark villains in a trap. I've already captured/upgraded all of them in the one trap with the expansion pack...so it seems a bit too little too late to me. They should've released them concurrently with the expansion release.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#19 Posted: 09:41:11 23/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Yeah I don't get the fascination over the light/dark...other than continue this "restricted" supply to justify 2x buying prices. The only reason to nab them is to see that in the trap collection screen you've got them all, and/or to represent each of your dark villains in a trap. I've already captured/upgraded all of them in the one trap with the expansion pack...so it seems a bit too little too late to me. They should've released them concurrently with the expansion release.

To me is fine, because I want two traps for each Element (Kaos excluded, since I don't want two identical traps, and his evolved form isn't a drastic change... But I got tempted when I saw 4, Saturday smilie); one to store evolved villains, and the other for their basic forms.

Absolutely couldn't care less for the collection screen.
I buy what I want, and since they don't even give you any bonus (like some collectibles did, in SWAP Force) it isn't really a problem, for me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#20 Posted: 10:40:05 23/03/2015
anyone interested currently amazon.com is selling Echo.
I already ordered her and it sounds like with her 1 in a box situation you might as well grab her now if you want her.
#21 Posted: 17:35:17 23/03/2015
Quote: sprocketrocket

I pre-ordered Echo from Gamestop. I can't wait to use her!
---
~Becca
#22 Posted: 17:40:07 23/03/2015
Quote: Insane01
I only missed light/dark traps, because I was initially concentrating on the cores & Trap Masters, which I got them all. However, the traps came in shortly after I left, so I missed out. Went the next day & got the other 7 traps. Other people were going crazy getting them, though I don't know why. Compared to the dark spider trap & the light hawk trap, they aren't all that really important. I'll get them, but the traps in the expansion packs are going to be a hell of a lot harder to get because they're unique molds compared to the other four, which the other elements have similar ones

I honestly lost interest in buying all the traps after I started playing and realized you only really need one of each element. I currently have a life trap, a water trap, a light trap, and a kaos trap, and I'm content.
---
~Becca
#23 Posted: 14:31:09 24/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Just an update:

I just heard that my Wave 4 trap shipment is enroute and should be to me in the next 2 days. If you haven't seen any yet, Wave 4 traps should be hitting the shelves momentarily. I don't yet know whether these are Wave "4" or "4.5," but I will post after I find out.

Also, my shipment is just the boxes of 24 single traps. I have seen some of the trap triple packs in limited quantities in other stores, but I do not believe that Activision has shipped the triple packs I ordered yet.
#24 Posted: 01:36:33 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
The traps shipping right now are Wave 4 (not 4.5 yet). The box breakdown is:

1 Water Axe (Why?)
1 Earth Headstand
2 Tech Headstands
2 Dark Headstands
2 Dark Swords
2 Life Swords
2 Air Swords
2 Fire Captain's Hats
2 Undead Captain's Hats
2 Light Rockets
2 Magic Rockets
4!!! Kaos Traps

One other note: I finally got a new order of minis...Wave 1, so we are backtracking on those.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:52 27/03/2015 by BP
#25 Posted: 01:45:23 27/03/2015
They should not ship another water trap....EVER. Maybe in wave 5 and literally randomize the form across the six.
---
#26 Posted: 05:22:12 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I just want some of the traps from Wave 3. I never got a single shipment of them. At least they could have included the Water Helmet to make it a little easier to find instead of the Water Axe...
#27 Posted: 13:14:50 27/03/2015
I think I've seen wave 3 traps in the wild maybe twice or three times. I'm solidly convinced my diligence back in December is the only reason why I got all of them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:15:06 27/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#28 Posted: 13:54:19 27/03/2015

1 Water Axe (Why?)
1 Earth Headstand
2 Tech Headstands
2 Dark Headstands
2 Dark Swords
2 Life Swords
2 Air Swords
2 Fire Captain's Hats
2 Undead Captain's Hats
2 Light Rockets
2 Magic Rockets
4!!! Kaos Traps

One other note: I finally got a new order of minis...Wave 1, so we are backtracking on those.

I made the same comment when I broke the news on this on the podcast that a friend and I have been doing for the past couple of months. With special sales being designed to finally get rid of all of the overstock, I can't fathom why this was added and the new Earth trap was shortpacked.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#29 Posted: 02:34:27 28/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Something else I heard today from Activision. They are going to start releasing some waves as "X.6" (i.e."2.6") with NO water traps and more Kaos traps.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#30 Posted: 05:54:38 28/03/2015
Something else I heard today from Activision. They are going to start releasing some waves as "X.6" (i.e."2.6") with NO water traps and more Kaos traps.

That sounds interesting and honestly anything is better than getting anymore water traps. The problem was that there were too many water traps available at day 1 and too many ways to get the water traps. Also doesn't help that water was one of the traps included within the game so everyone already had one from the beginning.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#31 Posted: 12:47:29 28/03/2015
Here is my question: how does the person in charge of merchandising for Activision still have a job? It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the light and dark traps would be in highest demand, since collectors would want one and so would people trying to get one trap for each element.
#32 Posted: 17:25:29 28/03/2015
Quote: griswoldthunder
Here is my question: how does the person in charge of merchandising for Activision still have a job? It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the light and dark traps would be in highest demand, since collectors would want one and so would people trying to get one trap for each element.

Or coming out with 3 molds when there were 4 villains.
---
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#33 Posted: 21:17:29 28/03/2015
Yes the 3 molds for 4 villains is annoying especially when I tried to order two of the dark dagger/sword traps from Amazon and they would only let me buy one. Still Haven't found the Dark Handstand on any websites, except for scalpers on eBay and Amazon.
#34 Posted: 18:00:21 31/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Something else interesting: I just got a mixed shipment of Wave 3 and 4 traps. I don't know what this means for the trap masters and cores yet, but it may be that Activision is starting to work back through the backstock of Wave 3 stuff that was supposedly tied up in the dock strikes.

I also finally got my shipment of light and dark packs. That isn't novel because many stores have been getting them, but I thought I would mention it.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#35 Posted: 13:42:16 01/04/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

1 Water Axe (Why?)
1 Earth Headstand
2 Tech Headstands
2 Dark Headstands
2 Dark Swords
2 Life Swords
2 Air Swords
2 Fire Captain's Hats
2 Undead Captain's Hats
2 Light Rockets
2 Magic Rockets
4!!! Kaos Traps

I made the same comment when I broke the news on this on the podcast that a friend and I have been doing for the past couple of months. With special sales being designed to finally get rid of all of the overstock, I can't fathom why this was added and the new Earth trap was shortpacked.

-Doug

They short packed the Earth Trap to sell the Easter version.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#36 Posted: 15:43:49 01/04/2015
Quote: ExcitonKnight
Quote: darkchylde28

-Doug

They short packed the Earth Trap to sell the Easter version.

I get that from a business perspective, but from a PR standpoint? They definitely should have known better, especially since they apparently heard fans loud and clear that nobody wanted any more water traps showing up at retail. I'm guessing they may have only started listening about the time that all of their stock got tied up in the dock issue which would have made it too late to fix things in this case.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#37 Posted: 00:27:58 03/04/2015
I have yet to find any of the clear Trap Masters.....period
---
"
#38 Posted: 02:51:17 03/04/2015
Does anyone have the UPC numbers for the dark sword & handstand traps? Going to TRU this Saturday for the special deal for Rewards members. Hope to find the three clear trap masters as well, but I doubt it.
---
"
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#39 Posted: 04:27:35 03/04/2015
I went to GameStop yesterday (wednesday).. I was LUCKY, Wednesday is their price change day, and they just got a new shipment of stuff... But while their system updated, their labels did not by the time they relabeled them, so I was able to pick up 2 Eon's Elite (you all may think its a ripoff, but most of them are among either me/my bro's all-time faves, which I'd do ANYTHING to make viable [the ones that are MY faves are Stealth Elf, Spyro, Trigger Happy, and Gil Grunt {can't beat the classics! shame they didn't use Cynder tho}, and my bro's faves include: Chop Chop, Stealth Elf, and Terrafin {he prefers melee, mostly heavy hitters, I like ranged attackers and thief-type fast paced melee}]) for the sale price of 20$ when the price was supposed to be 25$... (because the labels still said 19.99)
Also, they were so backed up from that, that they didn't have time to finish shelving their new shipment, meaning I was able to nab a KAOS TRAP beFore any of the employees "shelved" them... I don't have a camera or cellphone so I can't prove it...
but there was AT LEAST four of them...
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#40 Posted: 22:59:36 07/04/2015
I'm at a Walmart in Orange, CA.
They have the following: 9 Thunderbolt (0 clear), 5 Short Cut (0 clear), 8 Blastermind, 4 Tuff Luck, 6 Knight Mare, 2 undead minis, 2 earth minis, 1 tech minis, 0 traps
Hard to believe that they had anything W4 at all
---
"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me