Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > dark spyro should have a like button
Page 1 of 1
dark spyro should have a like button [CLOSED]
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#1 Posted: 20:39:47 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
most sites have a like button i think dark spyro should have one to
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#2 Posted: 20:42:50 18/03/2015
Ehhh, I don't know. I could see a lot of immature users screaming, "GIVE ME A LIKE!!!!"
---
Spread those positive vibes
#3 Posted: 20:45:37 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
yeah your right but I also feel that it could be solved easily by only allowing a certain amount of likes you can give at a time and that those topics would get deleted. also i feel there is no need for a dislike button though
---
#4 Posted: 21:07:12 18/03/2015
No, I don't agree with the whole, deleting topic thing. What if someone made a topic that so many people loved and they all liked it and it got deleted.
---
#5 Posted: 21:10:24 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
woops meant it as topics that are just "give me a like should be deleted not topics people like. sorry for the trouble
---
#6 Posted: 21:11:23 18/03/2015
Well, that would be a mod's job. So, I guess it might be able to work?
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#7 Posted: 21:28:45 18/03/2015
No.

The site is fine as it is without a like button.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#8 Posted: 23:12:45 18/03/2015
No.it wouldn't be that good
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#9 Posted: 23:16:02 18/03/2015
Quote: MoonHorizons
No.

This.
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#10 Posted: 01:36:27 19/03/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Quote: MoonHorizons
No.

This.

double this.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#11 Posted: 02:21:04 19/03/2015
I was once on a site with not only a like button, but also "thanks", "lol", and "WTF" buttons (that one was exclusive to people that donated). It may sound nice in theory but when people can like or dislike your posts (the "WTF" button basically acted like a dislike) it can influence how you post. Suddenly you aren't necessarily posting what you completely or actually think, but rather what you think can get you the most likes from other users. It changes the way you post and suddenly it becomes a number.

I mean it changed the way I posted, because, especially as a new user, you are looking for ways and proof that you're accepted in the community. Even if it means not telling the whole truth of how you feel or changing the way you act. Even if you don't notice it, it can subliminally change you.

Of course this wouldn't happen to everyone, and maybe wouldn't happen to anyone at all. But I think it still could and it's probably for the best we don't put something like that.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#12 Posted: 14:24:50 22/03/2015
The thing is some users like to harass others because they have a higher gem count. And if one were to have more likes than others significantly then harassment would probably happen more like "What do you know? I have more likes than you!?" Plus you'll have those users who are biased towards their friends and will like every post that their friends make.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me