darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Want we want, what we don't-Skylanders 5
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Want we want, what we don't-Skylanders 5
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#301 Posted: 17:41:53 11/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: OnionCakes
My problem with an online battle mode is that most people have their skylanders already powered up to maximum levels. This won't be very fun for kids just getting into it to be smashed day one by some random guy online.

You can implement "match" to find people with like skylanders. Not sure if you recall, but there was a feature WAY BACK in the first two games that allowed equality of the fight based on a setting, it could be used in the case of level or upgrades.

That's why I also mentioned this,

"Obviously some tiered modes might fix that and I hope there are. "

I just feel like some of the online options we all think should be standard companies are forgetting lately...Like how destiny doesn't let people do random match ups, and how Splatoon you have to wait 2 months for friend pairing?
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#302 Posted: 17:44:40 11/05/2015
It's not hard at all to separate kids from pros in a possible online mode,otherwise competitive games would never have good online. Tiers, match and lobby levels,handicaps(and with Arena Challenges they have this built in). As long as Acti is mindful of how to keep people from abusing it(turn off nicknames during online, set lobby names, kick function limited to outside of matches to prevent ragequitting) they could give this franchise a big metagame.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:44:57 11/05/2015 by Bifrost
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#303 Posted: 19:29:55 11/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: goldenrushducks
I estimated.

Next, if there are no gimmicklanders, than it will be too similar to SSA

Next, i don't like hour long missions. ( some people do though )

I don't have enough time to play SSA, I didn't even beat it.

Would that really be a problem?

I mean SA was a GREAT game without the need of specific gimmicks to substain it (if not for the TtL themselves).

It would also depend on how the game will be developed (an open world map, 3D controllable camera and such things would already set it apart enough).

In my honest and personal opinion I don't buy new Skylanders because they have "incredibles special abilities" I buy them because they are cool and their powers are funny and enjoyable.
So to me a Trap Master isn't that different from a Core from a character point of view.

Absolutely agree with level lenght.
I think they nailed it in Trap Team.

Oops, i Didn't beat SSF
The level length in STT is great. But, don't you think people will start complaining about the no gimmick thing? I wouldn't mind it, but others would. That would mean Activision may have ran out of ideas.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#304 Posted: 20:18:19 11/05/2015
I estimated.

Next, if there are no gimmicklanders, than it will be too similar to SSA

Next, i don't like hour long missions. ( some people do though )

I don't have enough time to play SSA, I didn't even beat it.

I mean SA was a GREAT game without the need of specific gimmicks to substain it (if not for the TtL themselves).

It would also depend on how the game will be developed (an open world map, 3D controllable camera and such things would already set it apart enough).

In my honest and personal opinion I don't buy new Skylanders because they have "incredibles special abilities" I buy them because they are cool and their powers are funny and enjoyable.
So to me a Trap Master isn't that different from a Core from a character point of view.

Oops, i Didn't beat SSF
The level length in STT is great. But, don't you think people will start complaining about the no gimmick thing? I wouldn't mind it, but others would. That would mean Activision may have ran out of ideas.

Yes I could see someone saying they got lazy and uncreative but I think it's a risk they should take.
They have to keep innovating like they are already doing but they should focus the innovation on gameplay and software rather than toys and "hardware".

The reason I'm saying this is because so far I feel like gimmicklanders have been more a "limitation" rather than an improvement, design-wise and thus also gameplay-wise.
Not saying I think they keep making gimmicky Skylanders only to distract people from any minor innovation in the game, but... I fear that may happen.

For example all the Swappers have similar body shapes because otherwise they would look incredibly odd when swapped.
V.V. managed to get really creative but they were still restricted.
Same goes for the Trap Masters.
They have all a mandatory crystal accessory.
Only Blastermind and Head Rush use their traptanium weapons as "abilities" rather than regular equipment.
I feel that's a BIG limitation maybe bigger than the Swappers.

That's why I like traps a lot.
They aren't actual characters, they don't work as Skylanders and are a fun and unique feature which still didn't affected the new 18 Cores.

Giants are ok because really, their only "limitation" is the size and they are all quite different from each other (all bipedal and bulky except for Ninjini but they kinda fit the theme of Elemental titans).

With Cores... No limits.
Even the bases are no more a restriction as you can see from Tread Head's figure.
That's what I personally want from the series.

Innovation from the game, unlimited creativity with the Skylanders. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#305 Posted: 15:26:25 12/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
It's not hard at all to separate kids from pros in a possible online mode,otherwise competitive games would never have good online. Tiers, match and lobby levels,handicaps(and with Arena Challenges they have this built in). As long as Acti is mindful of how to keep people from abusing it(turn off nicknames during online, set lobby names, kick function limited to outside of matches to prevent ragequitting) they could give this franchise a big metagame.

I would be okay with all of this. And if they put this much effort into it I hope the characters themselves have something special to bring this round too.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#306 Posted: 17:46:18 12/05/2015
Well I thought about it, and here's what I want and don't want:

What I want:
- Less reposes and more new characters
- Not TOO much figures, that includes the new gimmicks if they do
- No new adventure packs but ones from Trap Team will unlock the bonus levels, but it's still okay if they have new ones.
- Online play. Many online features, like a hub, would be great
- Another Portal Owner's Pack. I have absolutely no idea how they're going to expand with the portal
- Just as much things to do as SSA, or STT if it has more (I haven't played STT yet)
- No bringing back Lightcores
- More new element characters
- Traps compatible
- What would really work is no new gimmicks for the new game and focus more on the current ones. Again, don't know at all how they're going to expand from STT
- Everything is collectable for 100% and they are NOT in the adventure pack levels. Darklight Crypt is dead on the shelves therefore SSA and SG are impossible to collect everything on

What I don't:
- More reposes
- Characters that will very rarely or never be restocked
- Levels as long as SSA
- Unskippable dialogue. Shut up Rufus
- OP anything. I could spam dummies with sky diamond with some skylanders and fully upgrade within minutes.
- Not many uses for gimmicks. Don't really like how they did it for the trap masters
- More pricey requirements for 100%
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#307 Posted: 20:49:56 12/05/2015

Oops, i Didn't beat SSF

Yes I could see someone saying they got lazy and uncreative but I think it's a risk they should take.
They have to keep innovating like they are already doing but they should focus the innovation on gameplay and software rather than toys and "hardware".

The reason I'm saying this is because so far I feel like gimmicklanders have been more a "limitation" rather than an improvement, design-wise and thus also gameplay-wise.
Not saying I think they keep making gimmicky Skylanders only to distract people from any minor innovation in the game, but... I fear that may happen.

For example all the Swappers have similar body shapes because otherwise they would look incredibly odd when swapped.
V.V. managed to get really creative but they were still restricted.
Same goes for the Trap Masters.
They have all a mandatory crystal accessory.
Only Blastermind and Head Rush use their traptanium weapons as "abilities" rather than regular equipment.
I feel that's a BIG limitation maybe bigger than the Swappers.

That's why I like traps a lot.
They aren't actual characters, they don't work as Skylanders and are a fun and unique feature which still didn't affected the new 18 Cores.

Giants are ok because really, their only "limitation" is the size and they are all quite different from each other (all bipedal and bulky except for Ninjini but they kinda fit the theme of Elemental titans).

With Cores... No limits.
Even the bases are no more a restriction as you can see from Tread Head's figure.
That's what I personally want from the series.

Innovation from the game, unlimited creativity with the Skylanders. smilie

Thank you, someone gets it.
#308 Posted: 21:12:01 12/05/2015
You guys really need to get out of the excuse that Swappers look the same because different body types would look odd. They ALREADY look odd combined(because a white owl with blue squid tentacles or a tiger with mechanic spider legs are such normal things to look at),and you're really going to stick with a gimmick if your 16 characters all look the same when you remove the bells and whistles? Millions of characters everywhere work with odd body shapes because like you combine geometric forms to make creatures in elementary school, you combine thin/normal/thick body parts all over to make your character look distinct,and that's before the pose.
Applying that logic elsewhere, Ninjini shouldn't be a Giant because she doesn't have enormous shoulders and face and doesn't look strong like the rest, and that's weird. Lemme tell you, it isn't, it's varied and refreshing, and that's why no one complains about that. Same for Head Rush - just because she's an elf girl and all other elven girls are thin and curvaceous, it's odd to have one that's tough and enormous? Nope, it's what makes her stand out.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:12:49 12/05/2015 by Bifrost
#309 Posted: 22:39:19 12/05/2015
I'm not excusing the Swappers' designs.

Just saying that with the idea of making all of them almost identical in terms of basic body shape (could have easily made a fat character or a really thin one, the important is the same waist so I think that was a choice) and keeping in mind that they are really limited by that concept itself, V.V. still managed to get quite creative with them.

I don't like them looking all so humanoid and "generic" in some way but I'm still happy with what I got.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#310 Posted: 23:33:26 12/05/2015
Well, with the archetype none of the characters have really fallen into laziness or questionable content except maybe Grim Creeper(whose character is all over the place and never explains why there's a ghost in loincloth beating up other ghosts because of estabilished canon from TFB makes it look much less heroic), but the main problem with that over character design is that there are so many games out there with loads and loads of characters that probably used the archetype once or twice. Back then you could rely on that but now things like League of Legends exist with a creature for every flavor.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:33:47 12/05/2015 by Bifrost
#311 Posted: 23:53:19 12/05/2015
^ Is that why you didn't buy/play Swap Force?
#312 Posted: 00:10:19 13/05/2015
One of the reasons. The others I explained a thousand times, got questioned another, and I have no intention of bringing it up again.
But with the character design issues I don't even feel like getting the SF toys for future games,except maybe Series+ since some look kinda neat. But that was two years ago, now we can hope they learned a bit from fan reception or at least had a chat with I-Wei.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#313 Posted: 00:34:50 13/05/2015
One of the reasons. The others I explained a thousand times, got questioned another, and I have no intention of bringing it up again.
But with the character design issues I don't even feel like getting the SF toys for future games,except maybe Series+ since some look kinda neat. But that was two years ago, now we can hope they learned a bit from fan reception or at least had a chat with I-Wei.

I haven't seen many people complain about SF's character design, other than you.. You're acting like most people didn't like them. In fact most of SF's designs got praised.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#314 Posted: 00:35:30 13/05/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I haven't seen many people complain about SF's character design, other than you.. You're acting like most people didn't like them. In fact most of SF's designs got praised.

Scorp is love, scorp is life!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#315 Posted: 00:39:55 13/05/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

COUNTDOWN, SLOBBERTOOTH, SCORP AND RIPTIDE 4 EVER! And that's just for my favorite SF cores!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#316 Posted: 00:58:18 13/05/2015

Because most people aren't working with character design or care a single bit, I'm not going to think my opinion is everyone's. Doesn't mean I can't hope for better and less lazy. Even if they just discussed a way with TFB to have more consistent designs it's already improvement.
---
#317 Posted: 01:48:21 13/05/2015

It's ok to be bias, but you seem to communicate no redeeming values on Swap Force designs altogether....heck if you're going to bury something, OWN IT. Oddly, everyone DOES KNOW that TfB was involved with SF designs---it wasn't purely VV.
#318 Posted: 06:05:30 13/05/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

COUNTDOWN, SLOBBERTOOTH, SCORP AND RIPTIDE 4 EVER! And that's just for my favorite SF cores!

You said it, Cores.

SF Cores are all quite unique in terms of size and "shape" even if they all have a quite different style from TfB's characters, so I can see why someone wouldn't like them.
Let's say they absolutely don't lack in creativity.

Swappers... Unique in gameplay... Not that much with sizes and basic "shapes".
I think they wanted to create a true team of superheroes so they wanted them to be immediately recognizable.
I think about them like some sort of Power Rangers. smilie

TakeYourLemons you are right TfB helped V.V. with the designs.
But I don't know if they influenced the powers and gameplay, the pure aesthetics or both.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#319 Posted: 10:56:42 13/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

It's ok to be bias, but you seem to communicate no redeeming values on Swap Force designs altogether....heck if you're going to bury something, OWN IT. Oddly, everyone DOES KNOW that TfB was involved with SF designs---it wasn't purely VV.

Yeah? Point me to the exact part of the character design section in the credits where I-Wei and Paul Reiche are listed. I sat through a good part of it, and I saw very few listed as TFB even elsewhere.If that's the case and I didn't notice them, then maybe it was their fault for not keeping such a close eye, but it still doesn't excuse VV out entirely for what went on because it's still supposedly from a AAA level game artist.

I'm not buying the game BECAUSE the reedeeming values are too few for me. I argued over this in another thread. It's far too expensive even loose at the moment and nobody really considers selling used copies in game stores that usually go for dirt cheap, so I'm not going to bother if I dislike what I saw in LPs.

(And now I need to write "stop arguing about a two year old game" somewhere I can see while in DS because no matter how many times I tell myself not to I get back at it again.)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:02:20 13/05/2015 by Bifrost
PopFizzMagic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#320 Posted: 12:00:34 13/05/2015
want-

5 reposes again- the forgotten 5. thats it.

less cores. we have 2 new element! slow down!

more levels and longer levels. i completed TT in day 3.

P. v. P. yes brock is boring.

bigger hub. i know the academy isnt flynns ship, but, its still small.

dont want-
reposes
too many cores
new elements
two or more specials. do like giants. only 1
---
PIKA
PIKA
PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:32:28 15/05/2015 by PopFizzMagic
#321 Posted: 21:49:18 15/05/2015
magic items have an endless time limit in the hub, come on Activision, is that too hard to ask?
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#322 Posted: 22:06:36 15/05/2015
magic items have an endless time limit in the hub, come on Activision, is that too hard to ask?

Sky Diamond.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#323 Posted: 22:23:35 15/05/2015
Though its ability is now Piggy Bank's, and I'm not sure it activates when attacking the dummies. Even if it does, they could just make those two specific cases timed.
---
#324 Posted: 23:48:48 15/05/2015
Quote: Bionichute

Sky Diamond.

Though its ability is now Piggy Bank's, and I'm not sure it activates when attacking the dummies. Even if it does, they could just make those two specific cases timed.

You got me there, perhaps specific ones, such as sparx, gramophone, and ghost swords. mainly gramophone.
#325 Posted: 14:22:50 16/05/2015

Sky Diamond.

Sky Diamond.

You got me there, perhaps specific ones, such as sparx, gramophone, and ghost swords. mainly gramophone.

Wait a minute, i just tried it out, the money magic items don't work in the hub. I just really, really want to listen to the groove machine though.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#326 Posted: 00:59:01 17/05/2015
Uhhh guys money is no problem...remember you can get 3000 gold with Chomp Chest in Chapter 1: Soda Springs in less then 30 sec's.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#327 Posted: 22:22:18 17/05/2015
The good stuff:
. Online, more traps with new villians, more chapters, enviormental levels (like forest's, suburb's, etc.) pvp back.
So basically story mode and online mode

bad stuff
you already know.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me