darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Want we want, what we don't-Skylanders 5
First | Previous | Page 4 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Want we want, what we don't-Skylanders 5
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#151 Posted: 23:03:37 29/03/2015
Having traps supported (even without new villains to capture) wouldn't make Skylanders 5 a "Trap Team 2" in any way, just like having the Giant Chests in SWAP Force didn't make it a "Giants 2".

More ways for the old gimmick Skylanders to interact with specific features would improve the game, not make it a copy of older titles. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#152 Posted: 00:40:41 30/03/2015
Even if Traps were added, some people (me for example) have only collected one of each Elemental Trap, so we would only have access to 11 Villains. What if there was another Villain Vault in Sky 5, only a little different. There would be no Villains in there, and there wouldn't be shaded out pictures of them, sort of like how Trap Team didn't have the pictures of previous Skylanders in the collection screen. For every Villain you scan in, it would add to the Villain Vault, so that you can select it at any time you want. In fact, the Villain Vault wouldn't be accessible until you insert a Trap in an item you could buy (or they could use the same slot in Sky 5 for a different purpose...). Regardless, this would be the best plan in my opinion.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#153 Posted: 04:33:06 30/03/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: juarmo

Another proposition: Eon's Elite should be branded as "Series X Special" or "Elite Series" rather than "special"
eg.
Elite Spyro
Series X
They're the "ultimate" skylanders, not a part of ANY series (Clear Base rather than Green, Blue, Orange, or Red, card backs/packaging say "Skylanders:Eon's Elite" rather than a game title,), so they should be considered "Elite Series"...

This means that they would be allowed to switch paths, and (probably at the expense of the triple stats [this may be a more balanced alternative to x3 stats, but im not really sure... {don't have a lot of reprints}]), have all the wow pows that that character can have. (Elite Spyro would have Fireslam AND the horns, for example, [but same stats as standard Spyro])
(they aren't part of ANY series, they are part of EVERY series)...
I suppose one could say that Elite's are for "Elite Gamers" who care about Leaderboards and PvP (they are limited in stock and high in price) or "Collectors" who don't care about the game AT ALL, really... Therefore, making them as uberstrong as possible wouldn't hurt the casuals who just want to use their faves... (it's "easy enough")

What i DON'T want:
A new gimmick, at least not if you're just going to toss all the old ones in the closet to gather dust (i mean this both metaphorically, to the devs, and literally, to the players), Yu-Gi-Oh's anime was like this, 5D's added synchros, shoving the spotlight from Fusion (most prominent in GX, but shafted rituals since the end of season 1 of the original Series) only to have them see little use when Zexal introduced Xyz monsters... but now, Arc 5 showcases their new pendulum, but with a resurgance of Synchros, Fusion, Rituals (Xyz was shafted [since it's no longer the MAIN focus], but only to the same level as the other ones were UN-shafted to)... Pendulum summons, also make it easier to summon Xyz, Fusion, AND Synchros, as well as being a method to RECYLCE Pendulums, not PLAY them... That's what Skylanders needs for Giants, SWAP Force, AND Trap Team figures, Series 2 reposes for some of em, new ones (ESPECIALLY Giants) (we need a dragon giant, [and a dragon Trap Team {all the new dragons are Corelanders, despite the fact that there's like FIVE, and like, ONE set of new cores}])

As for more characters from old gimmick... I doubt it.
It would work with Light and Dark, not with the original Elements.
Giants are the precursors of the Skylanders and they are unique. It wouldn't make sense to add more of the same.

Yeah, those 8 giants are. BUT what if we had adult versions of spyro/cinder as new giants... Something like "A rip in time has caused the future selves of these two legends to come to the present"
Time/Temporal Distortions could be the focus of the new games plot wise, now to make a gimmick around it...

As we have seen in Dragon's Peak, adult dragons are MASSIVE... They don't HAVE to be canon either, right?
They could base the models off of that red dragon from Dragon's Peak (which seems to be more or less a recolor/texturing of what the latter would've looked like anyway) or the SCRAPPED model of NPC King Spyro of "Spyro's Kingdom"
They could even make him a King in the future as an inside joke...

But yeah, now that I think about it, we AT LEAST need a Giant (one needs to be a dragon), a [actually 2] Swap Force (MAYBE a quadrapedal dragon [since we have a centaur it won't be TOO much of a stretch], but DEFINITELY a European looking dragon... [bipedal, with wings on its shoulders like an angel/demon/etc...]), and 2 more trap teams (at LEAST one Dragon) of Light/Dark
And, we need 5 core lights and darks in ADDITION to however much the other elements get...
And we need LightCores of the Lights and Darks (but call the Dark ones ShadowCore)

Quote:
And I honestly think the same of Eon's Elites.
They are the Elite. They are the best.
I might see EE Spotlight and Blackout, in the remote future, but nothing else.

Which was kinda my point... not to add more, but, since they're the "Best" they should be able to do everything that ANY version of that lander can do...

They DEFINITELY need to be allowed to path switch... And they should have all 2/3 of their wow-pows... Now, I personally follow your line of thinking, but to get the idea across to those who do not, [the people who would just see, "Even MORE POWER for the EE? lolno"] I listed how they could add this stuff either as an addition OR an alternative... Even though I think that the 3x power needs to STAY WITH the double/triple wow pows and path switching (oh! what about DOUBLE PATHS for EE too!) (or be at most, reduced to 2x power in exchange for wow-pows/path switching)

Quote:
But a Ligh or Dark dragon Giant would be AWESOME! smilie

Yeah, but in this case, the light and dark giants ought to have been sealed in Skylands, not frozen until recently, to give the impression that they were "Ancient Dragons" thousands of years old... maybe...

And I see how it would work better as a wow pow.... But INSTEAD, if they made "Future Spyro" as a giant... they could make it "Clear" element saying that in the future, he developed his other elements, because age begets wisdom, wisdom begets maturity, and maturity allows one to put utility above preference... hmm...?

Oh! another thing! Malefor returned in the Comic right? We need Malefor as the new villain to replace Kaos!
A more "Serious" villain, still humorous, but you know, with the amount of evil and comic relief he brings to the table reversed... (mostly evil, a lil comic relief... Like maybe he's TOO serious/doesn't understand sarcasm/humor/etc... and the way he looks when something is "utterly ludicrous" because it defies logic, is funny....), or maybe its like, his minion is the comic relief, someone eccentric LIKE Kaos being the minion,
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#154 Posted: 06:31:30 30/03/2015
Quote: zookinator
Even if Traps were added, some people (me for example) have only collected one of each Elemental Trap, so we would only have access to 11 Villains. What if there was another Villain Vault in Sky 5, only a little different. There would be no Villains in there, and there wouldn't be shaded out pictures of them, sort of like how Trap Team didn't have the pictures of previous Skylanders in the collection screen. For every Villain you scan in, it would add to the Villain Vault, so that you can select it at any time you want. In fact, the Villain Vault wouldn't be accessible until you insert a Trap in an item you could buy (or they could use the same slot in Sky 5 for a different purpose...). Regardless, this would be the best plan in my opinion.

Agree, that seems the most logic way to support traps in the fifth game. smilie

Another proposition: Eon's Elite should be branded as "Series X Special" or "Elite Series" rather than "special"
eg.
Elite Spyro
Series X
They're the "ultimate" skylanders, not a part of ANY series (Clear Base rather than Green, Blue, Orange, or Red, card backs/packaging say "Skylanders:Eon's Elite" rather than a game title,), so they should be considered "Elite Series"...

This means that they would be allowed to switch paths, and (probably at the expense of the triple stats [this may be a more balanced alternative to x3 stats, but im not really sure... {don't have a lot of reprints}]), have all the wow pows that that character can have. (Elite Spyro would have Fireslam AND the horns, for example, [but same stats as standard Spyro])
(they aren't part of ANY series, they are part of EVERY series)...
I suppose one could say that Elite's are for "Elite Gamers" who care about Leaderboards and PvP (they are limited in stock and high in price) or "Collectors" who don't care about the game AT ALL, really... Therefore, making them as uberstrong as possible wouldn't hurt the casuals who just want to use their faves... (it's "easy enough")

What i DON'T want:
A new gimmick, at least not if you're just going to toss all the old ones in the closet to gather dust (i mean this both metaphorically, to the devs, and literally, to the players), Yu-Gi-Oh's anime was like this, 5D's added synchros, shoving the spotlight from Fusion (most prominent in GX, but shafted rituals since the end of season 1 of the original Series) only to have them see little use when Zexal introduced Xyz monsters... but now, Arc 5 showcases their new pendulum, but with a resurgance of Synchros, Fusion, Rituals (Xyz was shafted [since it's no longer the MAIN focus], but only to the same level as the other ones were UN-shafted to)... Pendulum summons, also make it easier to summon Xyz, Fusion, AND Synchros, as well as being a method to RECYLCE Pendulums, not PLAY them... That's what Skylanders needs for Giants, SWAP Force, AND Trap Team figures, Series 2 reposes for some of em, new ones (ESPECIALLY Giants) (we need a dragon giant, [and a dragon Trap Team {all the new dragons are Corelanders, despite the fact that there's like FIVE, and like, ONE set of new cores}])

Giants are the precursors of the Skylanders and they are unique. It wouldn't make sense to add more of the same.

Yeah, those 8 giants are. BUT what if we had adult versions of spyro/cinder as new giants... Something like "A rip in time has caused the future selves of these two legends to come to the present"
Time/Temporal Distortions could be the focus of the new games plot wise, now to make a gimmick around it...

As we have seen in Dragon's Peak, adult dragons are MASSIVE... They don't HAVE to be canon either, right?
They could base the models off of that red dragon from Dragon's Peak (which seems to be more or less a recolor/texturing of what the latter would've looked like anyway) or the SCRAPPED model of NPC King Spyro of "Spyro's Kingdom"

But yeah, now that I think about it, we AT LEAST need a Giant (one needs to be a dragon), a [actually 2] Swap Force (MAYBE a quadrapedal dragon [since we have a centaur it won't be TOO much of a stretch], but DEFINITELY a European looking dragon... [bipedal, with wings on its shoulders like an angel/demon/etc...]), and 2 more trap teams (at LEAST one Dragon) of Light/Dark
And, we need 5 core lights and darks in ADDITION to however much the other elements get...
And we need LightCores of the Lights and Darks (but call the Dark ones ShadowCore)

Quote:

Which was kinda my point... not to add more, but, since they're the "Best" they should be able to do everything that ANY version of that lander can do...

They DEFINITELY need to be allowed to path switch... And they should have all 2/3 of their wow-pows... Now, I personally follow your line of thinking, but to get the idea across to those who do not, [the people who would just see, "Even MORE POWER for the EE? lolno"] I listed how they could add this stuff either as an addition OR an alternative... Even though I think that the 3x power needs to STAY WITH the double/triple wow pows and path switching (oh! what about DOUBLE PATHS for EE too!) (or be at most, reduced to 2x power in exchange for wow-pows/path switching)

Quote:

Yeah, but in this case, the light and dark giants ought to have been sealed in Skylands, not frozen until recently, to give the impression that they were "Ancient Dragons" thousands of years old... maybe...

And I see how it would work better as a wow pow.... But INSTEAD, if they made "Future Spyro" as a giant... they could make it "Clear" element saying that in the future, he developed his other elements, because age begets wisdom, wisdom begets maturity, and maturity allows one to put utility above preference... hmm...?

Oh! another thing! Malefor returned in the Comic right? We need Malefor as the new villain to replace Kaos!
A more "Serious" villain, still humorous, but you know, with the amount of evil and comic relief he brings to the table reversed... (mostly evil, a lil comic relief... Like maybe he's TOO serious/doesn't understand sarcasm/humor/etc... and the way he looks when something is "utterly ludicrous" because it defies logic, is funny....), or maybe its like, his minion is the comic relief, someone eccentric LIKE Kaos being the minion,

Sure, I could see a series of Mature Skylanders.
Like Minis, but bigger, instead of smaller, maybe slower, but stronger.

As for EEs, I wansn't talking directly to you, but in general.
Your idea is good, if they are the best they should have all those features.

Couldn't agree more on the Light and Dark's gimmick Skylanders.
I have the feeling Light and Dark creatures were already kinda "separated" from the other inhabitants of the Skylands, even before the destruction of the Core of Light.
So, it would make sense that we didn't see Light or Dark Giants and Swappers, since both their banishing happened waaay before the events of SA.

They should really focus on them, in Skylanders 5, by adding what you listed.
Maybe they could only create 2 new Cores for the original Elements, and add 4 for both Light and Dark, for the next couple games, so that the Elements will end up being balanced.

I would also love if Malefor could appear in the games, but I think it's highly unlikely, at least for the fifth one.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#155 Posted: 06:35:41 30/03/2015
If they do let you use villains in the next game, they need to be nerfed a lot. They're way too powerful in Trap Team, especially Kaos. You can easily complete the entire Kaos Doom Challenge on Nightmare without ever losing a Skylander by abusing Kaos.
#156 Posted: 06:43:53 30/03/2015
As I already said other times, just because you can finish the while game by just using Kaos, doesn't mean you should.
It would be pretty boring, in my opinion, constantly having to fill his timer with the Magic attack, while spamming doom sharks and the big head.

I would still use my Skylanders, to try them out and enjoy their playstyles, unless I was trying to do a Kaos only gameplay, which would be perfectly fine, and kinda funny, as a challenge. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#157 Posted: 13:59:26 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Lol. I've been away for a few days and there's all of this. Could someone catch me up with the main topic right now on this thread?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#158 Posted: 15:04:19 30/03/2015
Another thing that they should keep and I overlooked more than it deserves is also ways to cut enemy waves short. Not every level in TT has them, but taking down airships and grappling hooks before a darned Chill Bill dropped down was pretty satisfying and hilarious. They should make them easier to hit though, only a small selection of projectiles reach high and not even melee fighters with jump moves can get close.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#159 Posted: 23:09:19 30/03/2015
Is Vicarious Visions or Toys for Bob making the next game?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#160 Posted: 23:26:45 30/03/2015
Quote: Swap Force Fan

VV,think it was confirmed at the start of the year.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#161 Posted: 03:46:12 31/03/2015

Quote: drek95

Sure, I could see a series of Mature Skylanders.
Like Minis, but bigger, instead of smaller, maybe slower, but stronger.

As for EEs, I wansn't talking directly to you, but in general.
Your idea is good, if they are the best they should have all those features.

What are your thoughts about the Eon's Elite having the lightcore features as well? Since they already have an extra Oomph! to their magic moment (assuming they don't already [I love the concept, want to buy one or two, but I just recently bought trap team and the expansion packs, so i'm broke...])

Couldn't agree more on the Light and Dark's gimmick Skylanders.
I have the feeling Light and Dark creatures were already kinda "separated" from the other inhabitants of the Skylands, even before the destruction of the Core of Light.111
So, it would make sense that we didn't see Light or Dark Giants and Swappers, since both their banishing happened waaay before the events of SA.

My personal theory is that, since they were light/dark, when the giants/swappers were "unbanished", the light/dark ones were simply RE-banished in their respective realms ("Realm of Light" and "Realm of Darkness")
but then again, remember what the story scroll in SA said? "But the most powerful of all Skylanders were the Elder Elementals These giants possessed powers of Light and darkness within their flesh. No one has seen an Elder Elementals in centuries, but there are rumors that they will return someday."
They used to refer to elements in such a way as this "Magic Skylanders are those who possess the Power of Magic within their flesh" in lore back then...
That means that the "Elder Elementals" would've been skylanders of with an affinity for either the Dark Element or the Light Element, and if they hadn't been seen in centuries, that means that those elements have been absent from Skylands/been banished for a long time... and maybe the term "elder elementals" refers to the age of the ELEMENT, not the elemental itself. as in they are elementals of ELDER elements... This would debunk the theory that the Giants are the Elder Elementals... It's possible that Spotlight, and Blackout were discovered early because they weren't skylanders at the time of bnishment, or w/e... (in Spotlight's case, she could've been left behind because she was "forgotten" and discovered in crystal form by those who didn't recognize her as Sentient, and in Blackout's case, or because he was hard to pin down and banish as someone who could enter dreams)
They should really focus on them, in Skylanders 5, by adding what you listed.
Maybe they could only create 2 new Cores for the original Elements, and add 4 for both Light and Dark, for the next couple games, so that the Elements will end up being balanced.

I would also love if Malefor could appear in the games, but I think it's highly unlikely, at least for the fifth one.

Although, support for older GimmickLANDERS is MOOT if they don't add support for older GIMMICKS

Vicarious Visions: please, add support for swap force, giants and trap team in S5... K?

I just thought of another thing! instead of NEW "giants"/"SWAP Force"/"Trap Team" for the OTHER elements, what we need are REPRINTS! With Wow Pows! everybody wins!
(you shouldn't be against buying reprints simply because they are REPRINTS, you should be against the idea because they are REPRINTS YOU ALREADY HAVE... If you refuse to buy reprints of things that you weren't able to get before, then that makes you seem more petty than righteously indignant... [since that's the GOOD reason to make reprints of something...])
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#162 Posted: 05:49:55 31/03/2015
As I already said other times, just because you can finish the while game by just using Kaos, doesn't mean you should.
It would be pretty boring, in my opinion, constantly having to fill his timer with the Magic attack, while spamming doom sharks and the big head.

I would still use my Skylanders, to try them out and enjoy their playstyles, unless I was trying to do a Kaos only gameplay, which would be perfectly fine, and kinda funny, as a challenge. smilie

I purposely avoid using Kaos most of the time. However, I really enjoyed things like the scoreboards on Swap Force. Having unbalanced game mechanics ruins the fun of competing for score. I think villains would be better as something that grants a short period of burst damage, and I think they were originally intended to be that way. They're just balanced poorly in Trap Team. Their meters recharge very quickly, and they last a very long time. Villains also devalue all the items I've collected over the years. There's no reason to use most of them. Just summon the villain if you need help. I would like that all balanced out so that I have a reason to use all my items, not just be invincible for 2 minutes at a time and deal 10x more damage.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:50:47 31/03/2015 by Friendzie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#163 Posted: 11:58:44 31/03/2015
Quote: Swap Force Fan

They are playing leap frog so they can get 24 months per game until further notice.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Kefran Yellow Sparx Gems: 1203
#164 Posted: 14:40:47 31/03/2015
For Skylanders 5, my main request would be to get back to less toys:
Skylanders 1 was 32 characters + 4 adventure packs. I think this is the size next games should come back.

Taking the traps into account, there were more than 100 items to buy in Trap Team: this is just to much. Hunting moved from fun to frustrating.
#165 Posted: 14:58:26 31/03/2015
Quote: Kefran
Skylanders 1 was 32 characters + 4 adventure packs. I think this is the size next games should come back.

Taking the traps into account, there were more than 100 items to buy in Trap Team: this is just to much. Hunting moved from fun to frustrating.

Wait what?... you only need 1 trap of each element... Also... 32 is no longer possible... we have TEN elements now, not EIGHT... if you wanted to go back to "4 each" the best way is FORTY figures... Light/Dark were already shafted in their DEBUT... (1 core, nothing new, but 1 TRAP TEAM? everyone else got THREE Trap Teams... and most of them got 4/6 villains and enough trap molds for ALL OF THEM...)
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#166 Posted: 15:34:02 31/03/2015

If you don't want to buy something, then DON'T BUY SOMETHING. Really, it's THAT simple!
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#167 Posted: 16:16:01 31/03/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

If you don't want to buy something, then DON'T BUY SOMETHING. Really, it's THAT simple!

As someone that tries to buy the minimum to get everything unlocked in the game, I should say that this minimum its still A LOT. I would love to need only one trap master, but that's not how activision thinks, so I need 10 if I want to unlock everything in the game. In this perspective, Swap Force was the one the required less new purchases, as you only needed 8 new skylanders and 2 expansion packs to unlock everything. (you only needed a Giant in Giants for the feats of strenght, but you need all the figures to unlock the heroic challenges)

About traps and villains in the next game, I would prefer them to remain in Trap Team only. This gameplay experience (trapping and villains) is what makes Trap Team.. well, Trap Team! I would like to have something new, fresh and different for the next game. And if they drop the retrocompatibility, and the old figures doesn't work anymore on Sky5, i would probabbly get one trap for each villain as a final touch to my collection. If they maintain teh compatibility, I would want to have the game, because of the bond I formed with my old figures, I would like to play this new adventure with my good buddies old pals. And I don't say that thinking that dropping the compatibillity is something really bad. If this will help innovate and open new horizons for the gameplay perspective and quality of the game experience in general I would certainly say, "Go For It!". But with they stopping the release of the games here in my country, starting with Trap Team, having to buy all new figures, and not being able to play with my veteran partner skylanders would just make it hard to keep it up with the series to me. I really love this series, is my favorite game series of all time, I can assure you, and I would not like to see it suffer from having the games rushed for having an huge ammount of things to encode (like past characters and villains) and little time to do it. Although being my favorite entry of the series, Trap Team is also a bit more buggy than the previous one, and I tremble to think of how Sky5 can end up.

I think that Sky5 should be fresh and new, leaving the villains and traps for the excellent game that is Trap Team.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
#168 Posted: 17:14:44 31/03/2015

But he wants them all...he just wants less of it so he can till do it. Really, it's THAT simple!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#169 Posted: 17:34:55 31/03/2015 | Topic Creator
The figure lineup for Sky 5 should be much like Giants. No, not 24 reposes, but 2 new characters for each element, including Light and Dark, one being a core, and the other being the new Gimmicklander. That would make 20 new figures, and I wouldn't mind if they made 1 extra mini for each element (10 minis). That would make a total of 30 new figures, provided that they don't give us extras to buy like they did with traps. That would make the job of hardcore collecting much easier, not to mention cheaper, than Trap Team. As for traps, maybe Activision could ship out some Trap Team traps (by some I mean not all the designs, but maybe 2 for each element) in different packaging that say "Usable in *insert name of Sky 5 here* and Trap Team!" As for in the game, VV should take 1/2 of the old villains from each element and put them in Trap Team, add one new guy, and finally have only the Trap Masters able to trap them (but all skylanders can use them). Seems legit, right? Also, have 1 repose for each element or less. Please, VV. Unless you're going to make ALL the Wow POWs useful (and no more Jet-Vac or Gill Grunt).
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#170 Posted: 19:05:31 31/03/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
The figure lineup for Sky 5 should be much like Giants. No, not 24 reposes, but 2 new characters for each element, including Light and Dark, one being a core, and the other being the new Gimmicklander. That would make 20 new figures, and I wouldn't mind if they made 1 extra mini for each element (10 minis). That would make a total of 30 new figures, provided that they don't give us extras to buy like they did with traps. That would make the job of hardcore collecting much easier, not to mention cheaper, than Trap Team. As for traps, maybe Activision could ship out some Trap Team traps (by some I mean not all the designs, but maybe 2 for each element) in different packaging that say "Usable in *insert name of Sky 5 here* and Trap Team!" As for in the game, VV should take 1/2 of the old villains from each element and put them in Trap Team, add one new guy, and finally have only the Trap Masters able to trap them (but all skylanders can use them). Seems legit, right? Also, have 1 repose for each element or less. Please, VV. Unless you're going to make ALL the Wow POWs useful (and no more Jet-Vac or Gill Grunt).

Sounds nice, EXCEPT... Light/Dark need extras... I would say 5/6 light darks, but 2 each instead of 1 (for a nice total of 22, +10 reposes=32!... know what, no! No baby steps! Time to play catchup! FAST! SIX new light/dark gimmicklanders EACH(total of 12) (1 giant, 2 SWAP Force, 2 Trap Team, 1 "New"), SEVEN new light/dark corelanders EACH [total of 14], adds up to 48, same as giants, and makes it so that we only need 1 extra core each for L/D in S6 [actually, by then, it'd be close enough, but we NEED a large pool of them otherwise reprints of them will be boring/predictable... until at least S7... even IF we were doing just 1 reprint per game... {it seems like a lot, but just rip off the freaking bandaid... it has to happen! or we could do 8 cores each for L/D, and have a nice, even, 50}])
See, Light and Dark are my fave elements in fantasy... (I think it's true for a LOT of ppl...) They need to catch up ASAP... and I think a lot of "Softcore collectors" agree (on top of being down 5 gimmicks THIS gen [-1 giant {all of them}-2 SWAP Force (ALL of them), -2 TRAP Team {MOST of them (2/3 to be exact)}], all the OTHER elements have gotten, 4 cores S1, 1 core S2, 2 cores in S3, and 1 core in S4... all they got in THEIR S1 was 1 CORE [same as EVERYONE ELSE], and ONE GIMMICK [everyone else had THREE...], so they are down, 5 gimmicks, [2 of their 3 DEBUT gimmicks,], and SEVEN corelanders...)
So having 5 more cores than the rest seems reasonable... [they'd still be behind, but they need a stronger pool of reprint material to choose from {idc if there's going to be 1 reprint per element from now on, that means in S5, they STILL won't have a choice as to what to reprint from L/D (unless they start reprinting gimmicks now... [not that I personally wouldn't PREFER reprints of Spotlight and Blackout over Knight Mare and Knight Light {but I want them to get in over the other members of their elements by their OWN merits, not by DEFAULT smilie}]) and for S6, having to pick 1 of 2 cores for the light/dark reprints would SUCK...
They need to play catchup and all...
---
#171 Posted: 20:27:56 31/03/2015
This is funny. We will see a 70+ figure mark, before including whatever gimmick they come up with. Mark this post.
---
#172 Posted: 23:06:35 31/03/2015
Do people actually consider all variants and reposes to be completely separate figures? You're essentially talking about different costumes for the same character. If you bought a Dark Starter Pack they don't expect you to buy a normal Snapshot and Food Fight; they don't even make them as singles. Of course you have the option to buy a second starter pack if you want, but why would you do it if you DON'T plan on playing two versions of the same character? Because you have an addiction to collecting? That's not their fault. There's nothing special about having more of the same figures in different colors. Nothing bad is happening to Skylanders players if their collection doesn't include an Enchanted Star Strike or a Nitro Krypt King. Nothing in the games would push you to collect variants for any reason. You don't even earn the elemental bonus for having more of the same character. (except for minis)

As far as actual new figures go, all the Skylanders games are very similar in the number of them. Trap Team has, what, 32 new ones from the original 8 elements (same as SSA) and 4 from the new elements? If people think this is too many, that's fine. Maybe they should have fewer characters and make more levels, game modes, and balance the characters they do release. That's actually not a bad point. However, I don't get it if people think that this is just getting out of hand NOW. If you think there are too many characters now, 32 characters to collect for Spyro's Adventure should have been far too many as well. That game didn't even have variable difficulty or arenas, and you had to own every figure to unlock the challenges. Ask people how that worked out with impossible to find characters like Wham Shell. Was that fun or frustrating when you couldn't find him?
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#173 Posted: 06:11:41 02/04/2015
sA was the first game so they did have to make a decent amount of characters to get people's attention and interest. The games simply would've have been successful if their was just 1 or 2 charscters of each element released. also the game was completely new so people could play SA more without it feeling as repetitive as it does now when people replay a skylanders game.

I think that's the main problem these days. the game hasn't really developed much since the start, swap force took a decent step in at least some kind of direction but then trap team kind of played back to tradition, which people liked, except there's still not really anything amazingly new and interesting to do with our characters, there's no long term goals. Once you reach level 20 and you have more money then you'll ever need I actually feel bad using that skylander coz I could at least be giving the experience and money to another charscter that needs it .

They just need to implement 1 little feature that increases the character or game longevity just a little bit each game and keep it. E.g. Charscter quests, more things to buy from in game ( anything....hats, furniture, even just skylander story paragraphs) .

Ultimately free for all skylanders battles is what I want , so basically your maxing your skylander out to win tornaments, but I'd be happy with even a small move in any direction that encourages post max out play.

expecting Sky 5 to have something amazing smilie I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#174 Posted: 06:49:55 02/04/2015
I think this could be a problem with the last waves. There were 5 (or 6?) waves with every game. With every of them they releases not alone new characters, but also re-releases with the out of stock characters from the first waves. But after the last wave there will be no re-release, there will be only a few month later the first wave of the new game.

What ever, I will hope they don't retry the mistake from Trap Team. We've paid 15 bucks for a TT-character and for what? There is no lightcore or swap ability, other features, double pack with a trap, special zones in the game or so. They are only big and open gates with very small elemental zones. Either the next game will be like Giants with a free choice which characters we will buy or not, or there will be a lot more and new content for the gimmicklanders.

After the HD-Remakes of other games or franchises for the XBOX One and PS4, I shouldn't wonder, if they will make one of the first two games.
#175 Posted: 06:58:19 02/04/2015
Yeah alot of franchises are releasing their "chronicles" for the newer systems. But I think the skylanders version is a few years off still coz we can still get SA and Giants in some stores. Unless they update the old ones with new content and playable with newer charscters , then I'd rebuy lol .
---
#176 Posted: 14:06:38 02/04/2015 | Topic Creator
As for the plot of the next game, it should be a prequel of some sort to SA. Yes, that would make all the Skylanders from the previous games unable to be played with, because they obviously are not Skylanders yet/not even born yet, but TIME TRAVEL for the win. Maybe the new villain (hopefully not Kaos), travels back in time (but not Giants-far back) to destroy all the Skylanders and Master Eon, and the Skylanders of the present follow him to save their "ancestors". All the "new" Skylanders could be used with the same portal as Trap Team, too, and the Gimmicklanders could be something like the Giants, having "Feats of Time Travel" or something, enabling them to be used with the Trap Team portal like the Giants are able to use the SA portal. A lot of Skylanders history would be uncovered, too.
A lot of speculation, I know, but that would be GREAT!
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:56 02/04/2015 by The Bone Chompy
#177 Posted: 14:55:32 02/04/2015
I would like the idea of a prehistoric setting. Far beyond the time of the elders (giants?), who ever had made them and no idea who was the first portal master. With Cluck (from Tower of Time) as Sidekick. No flying machines, no guns, no bombs. Cave trolls or cyclops with leopard skins and only clubs, bones, stone axes, bows, etc. The new characters could like dinosaurs or extinct mammals.
#178 Posted: 17:33:35 02/04/2015
Quote: Jeriba
I would like the idea of a prehistoric setting. Far beyond the time of the elders (giants?), who ever had made them and no idea who was the first portal master. With Cluck (from Tower of Time) as Sidekick. No flying machines, no guns, no bombs. Cave trolls or cyclops with leopard skins and only clubs, bones, stone axes, bows, etc. The new characters could like dinosaurs or extinct mammals.

Pretty sure I've played that game before...oh yes. this brings it back.

---
#179 Posted: 18:46:02 02/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster

Pretty sure I've played that game before...oh yes. this brings it back.

...wait. Are you saying that if Sky 5 was like that it'd be exactly like that game? smilie
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#180 Posted: 22:10:37 02/04/2015
Yeah, time to go retro. smilie
---
#181 Posted: 23:16:14 02/04/2015
I meaning more like Starfox Adventures or so.

btw.: Am I'am the only that think, that there is to much gold and xp in Trap Team? New character, one chapter or a arena later, he ist at level 10 and i've collected enough gold for the most skills. In Giants there was too less gold, but in the two other games it was better. As SSA was new and I had only the three starter pack characters, I needed the half game or more to collect enough gold for all skills.
#182 Posted: 23:41:32 02/04/2015
I've been thinking about this a bit, and what I'd love to see is them borrowing some ideas from the Diablo games. Primarily, I want there to be a random dungeon mode where the game would generate a map for you randomly. These maps would be very large, and you wouldn't be able to switch Skylanders mid-level. There would have to be some kind of reward system to make this feel worthwhile, though. Maybe it could take the place of the old heroic challenges and give stat boosts. Maybe the stat boost could be bigger for doing it on harder difficulties.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:04:39 03/04/2015 by Friendzie
#183 Posted: 00:26:40 03/04/2015
Random map generation is in one of this forum's greatest threads...with great ideas Activision could use and have some very unique gameplay ideas for the next 5-10 games....if they had the guts. I'm done trying to feel like I can course correct I'll just sit here and watch the crash.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:32 03/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#184 Posted: 01:03:58 03/04/2015
Random map generation is in one of this forum's greatest threads...with great ideas Activision could use and have some very unique gameplay ideas for the next 5-10 games....if they had the guts. I'm done trying to feel like I can course correct I'll just sit here and watch the crash.

Man I feel like you should take a break, you seem pretty down about Skylanders.
#185 Posted: 01:08:44 03/04/2015
Quote: Friendzie

I don't think all the negativity in a lot of these forums helps. I wouldn't mind a forum where people could only write nice things about skylanders lol
---
#186 Posted: 03:16:48 03/04/2015
Reverse psychology. I'm never right about anything. It's been proven.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#187 Posted: 06:08:27 03/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
Quote: Friendzie

I don't think all the negativity in a lot of these forums helps. I wouldn't mind a forum where people could only write nice things about skylanders lol

lol is it negativity or truth...either way a person is always entitled to have an opinion. I, along with many others, are in the same camp as Ghost Roaster. We've invested a lot in this franchise (both time and money) and want to see it return to it's former glory. Sarcasm is just one way of expressing the frustration a lot of us feel. I've been, what some would consider, a bit of a downer on Skylanders lately because I see it slipping from where I want and think the franchise should be. Wasted potential is always a sad and horrible thing to watch, let alone experience. If you are perfectly happy with the game so be it. I would never try and convince you or anyone else to dislike something simply because I'm unhappy with it. That being said I think it's important for a person to speak up when they like or dislike something as long as it's done in a respectful manner. The important thing is the conversation itself. Both views are important. We all know (or highly suspect) that Activision frequents these boards and it should be every Skylanders hope that ALL opinions, views, wishes and considerations have even the slightest chance of being considered. I mean if we hated the franchise most of us wouldn't care enough to post. I don't understand people that waste their time with hate posts...must be starved for attention. We all want Skylands to succeed and prosper as well as making our enjoyment of the game a reality. If you don't you're wrong.... smilie
#188 Posted: 06:29:22 03/04/2015

But he wants them all...he just wants less of it so he can till do it. Really, it's THAT simple!

If he wants a SMALL everything, and he doesn't want a LARGE everything, if a LARGE everything IS what they do next time, then it's NOT what he wants, so he doesn't WANT everything in the next wave! If he doesn't want to buy a large everything, he can buy SOMETHING, or NOTHING instead...

IMO: enough NEWlanders, JUST do reprintlanders and variants... (because the new ones' designs aren't any good for the most part... [the not dragon:dragon ratio was bad enough at the 3:1 it STARTED at... lets try something new plz...])
Oh, and we need Giant versions of the dragons as adults (primarily Cynder/Spyro)
or a Dragon Giant, I mean, COME ON! We've seen adult giants in Dragon's Peak, and they're MASSIVE... (and they could base Cynder partly off of Legend of Spyro, and base adult Spyro off of King Spyro from the scrapped Spyro's Kingdom [or simply recolor/retexture/resize the dragon you ride on in Dragon's Peak, since that seems to be how one might expect Adult Spyro to look if the guy was purple instead of red...])
Maybe we could see "Mature" Skylanders from a future skylands

But come on! imagine how awesome a fully grown Flashwing, Spotlight, Blackout, Sunburn, or Camo would look... (someone SKILLED should do art of them NOW [I don't like abstract... nor do I think it fits the idea of them "Matured", VERY cartoony and kiddy (minis)-->somewhat cartoony, somewhat realistic (standard)-->Realistic and Elegant (Mature)])

PS: what I want is for heroics to return, not the way they were before, but in a Villain Quest way, each character could do their own and ONLY their own, and it would allow them to boost their stats (either separate quests for each stat, speed, crit, armor, and EP, or 4/5, each giving around 1/3 of the remaining amount of those stats)
It would be a feasible way to do it without breaking their resolve to make buying/having EVERYTHING each time unnessessary (by removing heroics/old figures from the collections/limiting the usefulness of Giants/removing any INTENTIONAL reason [as in, no kaos bullets glitch or ANY glitch, for that matter...] to use SWAP Force)
Just call them Heroic Quests instead of Villain Quests... (and make it so that multiple skylanders have certain quests [so that there isn't WAY too many...], because if the shoe fits, WEAR IT!)
like, need to light some candles? Spyro/Eruptor/Ignitor/Flameslinger/w/e else does fire stuff (flaming weapon or projectile, not dot tiles...)
Need someone to clean up a HUGE mess? Jet-Vac/Wrecking Ball/Blackout (black holes) is your guy!
Need someone to recharge Energy Crystals? Prism Break/Flashwing/Spotlight's Got you covered!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:45:20 03/04/2015 by juarmo
#189 Posted: 06:57:44 03/04/2015

Why not. But more additional to the normal levels. With more legendary treasures for the hub world, story scrolls, hats or other quest items. There are a lot of enemys from the first games that they could bring back. One thing that I've missed in the sequels are levels in the design of SSA like the molekin mine, crawling catacombs or arkeyan armory. The bonus content from SF and TT is okay, but at both I've bought the game to the release in October and play only the story levels and all the rest sometime later.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:59:59 03/04/2015 by Jeriba
#190 Posted: 12:08:01 03/04/2015
what I want:
Hero Quests:
heroics return, not the way they were before, but in a Villain Quest way, each character could do their own and ONLY their own, and it would allow them to boost their stats (either separate quests for each stat, speed, crit, armor, and EP, or 4/5, each giving around 1/3 of the remaining amount of those stats)
It would be a feasible way to boost stats and add content without going against Activision's current "business model"

like, need to light some candles? Spyro/Eruptor/Ignitor/Flameslinger/w/e else does fire stuff (flaming weapon or projectile, not dot tiles...)
Need someone to clean up a HUGE mess? Jet-Vac/Wrecking Ball/Blackout (black holes) is your guy!
Need someone to recharge Energy Crystals? Prism Break/Flashwing/Spotlight's Got you covered!
Need someone to break some Traptanium to itty, bitty pieces? Trap Team's Got you covered!
Need someone to do some heavy lifting? Giants have got you covered!
Need someone to traverse water to get something for you? Fliers/Water Skylanders/Double Trouble/Stump Smash have GOT YOU COVERED
Need someone to traverse MAGMA to retrieve something? Fire skylanders/fliers got you covered
Need to clear some dirt away, but don't have a shovel, Drill Sargeant/Earth Skylanders got you COVERED!
Need some inspiration for a Frankenmonster? SWAP Force have GOT YOU COVERED!
Need some sort of SWAP Zone Type minigame to be completed? SWAP Force has GOT YOU COVERED!
Need to nip a Rotting Robbie infestation at the bud? Fire Skylanders/Spyro got You covered!

So each skylander would have 4-10 Hero Quests (1-2 boosts per stat [plus one or two damage boosts {to mirror ALL the boosts villains get..}] or 10-25% of the difference between min and max stats, each per quest...), but there would be around 80 quests in total, through multiple skylanders sharing each of them... (some Heroic Quests would also be Villain Quests...)

Also, Quests/Ranks Return! once again, more HP for each rank, but it's been increased a LOT so that its a bit more worthwhile! : you now get +60 HP for each Rank! (Eon's Elite Skylanders get 180 per Rank)

what I don't want: all the gimped content to go un-gimped!
---
#191 Posted: 12:45:57 03/04/2015
Problem with the villain quests is that they were implemented very poorly. You either :

1. Hit a button to talk to NPC and you're done.
2. There was an entire level with a goal/objective (best)

They could even interweave elements in the same story level you're in to accomplish the quest. Keep in mind that heroics did in fact give u unique gameplay based on the PURCHASE of a new character, but everyone else had to participate in that heroic for stat gain.
---
#192 Posted: 12:47:01 03/04/2015
I think this could be a problem with the last waves. There were 5 (or 6?) waves with every game. With every of them they releases not alone new characters, but also re-releases with the out of stock characters from the first waves. But after the last wave there will be no re-release, there will be only a few month later the first wave of the new game.

What ever, I will hope they don't retry the mistake from Trap Team. We've paid 15 bucks for a TT-character and for what? There is no lightcore or swap ability, other features, double pack with a trap, special zones in the game or so. They are only big and open gates with very small elemental zones. Either the next game will be like Giants with a free choice which characters we will buy or not, or there will be a lot more and new content for the gimmicklanders.

After the HD-Remakes of other games or franchises for the XBOX One and PS4, I shouldn't wonder, if they will make one of the first two games.

What I wonder is if Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure will see an HD Remix on Wii U... They clearly have a DIFFICULT time optimizing their games for the Sony and Microsoft consoles... Which is weird, considering they have "better specs"
And if you ever needed a reason to doubt that Wii U is no less a new system than the Xbox One or PS4 is, then check out the difference in graphical quality between SWAP Force for Wii and SWAP Force for Wii U... I have both, and the difference is STAGGERING... (ALTHOUGH, I haven't touched the Wii version in a while, but my bro NEVER touches the U versions, but when I was playing it the other day he was like "WOAH!" [haven't played it since winter 2013, and back then, he was playing SWAP Force for Wii on the Big TV, so he never actually got to see how much better it looks... for the Wii U])
---
#193 Posted: 12:52:58 03/04/2015

I'm going to pick what's behind door #2 when I say Villain quest type stuff, mmk?
Basically, the same sort of side content that Heroics gave, that those maps in SWAP force gave, and that certain hero quests gave, only this time, they'd ACTUALLY be character specific, because if it unlocked it for EVERYONE: Activision would be like "nope!" with their "new" business model... The only thing different about it is that they took away all the GOOD/FUN parts about forcing us to buy their figures, and replaced it by gimping OTHER content to force us to buy their figures.. It's not a new business model when you're going to keep using the same policies, but refuse to do them in the same way, acti! -facepalm-
---
#194 Posted: 13:00:38 03/04/2015
juarmo: First two games were originally developed on Wii specs...that's why it didn't look as good on the others. Swap Force was published on higher specs which is why it looks so great there and shoddy on Wii. Not sure how Trap Team was developed. It looks like a downgrade visually imo.
---
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#195 Posted: 13:29:07 03/04/2015
As for the plot of the next game, it should be a prequel of some sort to SA. Yes, that would make all the Skylanders from the previous games unable to be played with, because they obviously are not Skylanders yet/not even born yet, but TIME TRAVEL for the win. Maybe the new villain (hopefully not Kaos), travels back in time (but not Giants-far back) to destroy all the Skylanders and Master Eon, and the Skylanders of the present follow him to save their "ancestors". All the "new" Skylanders could be used with the same portal as Trap Team, too, and the Gimmicklanders could be something like the Giants, having "Feats of Time Travel" or something, enabling them to be used with the Trap Team portal like the Giants are able to use the SA portal. A lot of Skylanders history would be uncovered, too.

AMAZING idea! It would really be great!
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
#196 Posted: 13:37:23 03/04/2015
juarmo: First two games were originally developed on Wii specs...that's why it didn't look as good on the others. Swap Force was published on higher specs which is why it looks so great there and shoddy on Wii. Not sure how Trap Team was developed. It looks like a downgrade visually imo.

I was talking about SWAP Force specifically, my bro refused to play the game on the Wii U, and I hadn't played it since December 2013, when he was too busy playing it on the wii with the big tv to see me play it w/ the gamepad, then, when I picked it back up last Thursday (this time playing on the TV rather than the gamepad...), he was like WOAH! I'm hoping that's enough to convince him to play the U... w/ me...
---
#197 Posted: 13:40:17 03/04/2015
Quote: Psychomancer

Think Super Mario Galaxy, with a few mega villains and visiting the same worlds in different time zones. Easy to learn, layered complexity, and pressure to do certain things that impact story outcome. The Vortex Golems in Swap Force and probably the Arkeyans set the stage for a potential for this. Layer in the concept of day and night (and specific nuances of each) to keep light and dark elements relevant. I would even alter light and dark elemental power simply based on what time of day it is. This also creates a freedom/open world concept without making it difficult.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 13:43:59 03/04/2015 by GhostRoaster
#198 Posted: 14:35:06 03/04/2015
Quote: Psychomancer

Think Super Mario Galaxy, with a few mega villains and visiting the same worlds in different time zones. Easy to learn, layered complexity, and pressure to do certain things that impact story outcome. The Vortex Golems in Swap Force and probably the Arkeyans set the stage for a potential for this. Layer in the concept of day and night (and specific nuances of each) to keep light and dark elements relevant. I would even alter light and dark elemental power simply based on what time of day it is. This also creates a freedom/open world concept without making it difficult.

The only problem is that, if all the NEW skylanders are from the present, and the NEW villain is from the present, then how does it taking place in prehistoric times through time travel, justify not allowing the use of all previous skylanders...? The new ones are from the same time period as the old ones... and portals can be used to send them to other times as well as places according to legend (and the current game PROVES this, no less...) since we can send our skylanders to the future, we should ALSO be able to send them to the past, no?
---
#199 Posted: 14:42:16 03/04/2015
Problem with the villain quests is that they were implemented very poorly. You either :

1. Hit a button to talk to NPC and you're done.

They could even interweave elements in the same story level you're in to accomplish the quest. Keep in mind that heroics did in fact give u unique gameplay based on the PURCHASE of a new character, but everyone else had to participate in that heroic for stat gain.

that's my point, do heorics, but have them mixed in with the story level, and ditch the "everyone else can do it for stats too" part so activision would ACTUALLY greenlight it... As in, there were 80-120 or so missions built in to the game, not purchase locked, but character specific (specific to as many characters as needed to fit everyone into 80 quests of course....), similar to Villain Quest Type 2... (which reminded me of heroics/Bonus Missions, hence my idea!)
---
LordsOfSkulls Green Sparx Gems: 219
#200 Posted: 16:21:33 03/04/2015
I want Battle Arena of 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5

Were you scan 3 Skylanders on your team. And player 2 Scans 3 of their own.

And you face against each other. =) (sort of like pokemon battle)

Alot more chapters. More collectibles and customization. (i want the Main game without getting any extras be like 20 hours long)

Level 25. (Cause Skylanders 5 x 5 = 25)

More Uniques. (no Remakes)

smilie Specific Content for Swap Force/Giants/ Trap Masters (So like more villains and such)
---
The Mind Is The Slayer Of Reality - LoS
First | Previous | Page 4 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me