darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Want we want, what we don't-Skylanders 5
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Want we want, what we don't-Skylanders 5
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#101 Posted: 02:55:10 22/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Lol what is that pic from Bifrost? Can't stop laughing for some reason! So Pokemon, you want more new villains but no retrappable villains? What does that mean?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#102 Posted: 03:55:56 22/03/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Another thing that woul be cool is having the skylanders have better (Soul Gem) upgrades. Every generation I've seen al least one nearly useless Soul Ge, upgrade. The worst of them in TT is probably Blastermind's which makes me go T.T
Bad pun is bad.

It's simply opening lock puzzles, which take ~30 seconds to beat, with an attack. It's better for the players who are not that good at beating puzzles, but still...

Blasterminds soul gem is great , it only takes like 3 seconds to charge so I don't know wat your on about . It's the perfect soul gem for him and it's actually useful for skipping all those tedious puzzles. I want more diverse ability attacks like this . They add a lot more to the game then basic attacks.

E.g. I'd like too see Prism break with the ability to unlock light puzzle challenges and also a new magic skylander that can alter his element so he can open any elemental gate.

also with blasterminds freezing/mind control and levitation I think he could become OP very easily. So I think it was a safe bet going with a technical ability.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:10:02 22/03/2015 by wild_defender
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#103 Posted: 06:02:54 22/03/2015
Quote: wild_defender
Another thing that woul be cool is having the skylanders have better (Soul Gem) upgrades. Every generation I've seen al least one nearly useless Soul Ge, upgrade. The worst of them in TT is probably Blastermind's which makes me go T.T
Bad pun is bad.

It's simply opening lock puzzles, which take ~30 seconds to beat, with an attack. It's better for the players who are not that good at beating puzzles, but still...

Blasterminds soul gem is great , it only takes like 3 seconds to charge so I don't know wat your on about . It's the perfect soul gem for him and it's actually useful for skipping all those tedious puzzles. I want more diverse ability attacks like this . They add a lot more to the game then basic attacks.

E.g. I'd like too see Prism break with the ability to unlock light puzzle challenges and also a new magic skylander that can alter his element so he can open any elemental gate.

also with blasterminds freezing/mind control and levitation I think he could become OP very easily. So I think it was a safe bet going with a technical ability.

Now that would be an epic concept and I even know what kind of character would fit that description. Imagine a magic chameleon Skylander with a soul gem called "Key to Any Door" and the ability would be described as: Change into any element to unlock any elemental gate.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#104 Posted: 13:08:22 22/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Bad pun is bad.

Now that would be an epic concept and I even know what kind of character would fit that description. Imagine a magic chameleon Skylander with a soul gem called "Key to Any Door" and the ability would be described as: Change into any element to unlock any elemental gate.

[User Posted Image]

------
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#105 Posted: 16:27:06 22/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Sorry guys, but would Activision gamble a crap ton of money with the chameleon idea? Tbh, I think not. I really want that too, but I'm just going to aim for something more realistic:Maybe changing between 3 elements. WAIT. THINK ABOUT THIS. WHAT IF IT'S GOING TO BETHE NEW GIMMICK. o.O
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#106 Posted: 19:34:42 22/03/2015
I wouldn't mind a Magic Skylander that's able to change his/her Element (maybe excluding Light and Dark), also changing his/her abilities.
Just release him/her as part of last Wave. smilie

Don't know if it would work out as a good gimmick.
Being part of a specific Element is one of the three things that makes a Skylander unique (the other two being design/personalities and abilities, which are consequences of the elemental allignement).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#107 Posted: 21:07:48 22/03/2015
Sorry guys, but would Activision gamble a crap ton of money with the chameleon idea? Tbh, I think not. I really want that too, but I'm just going to aim for something more realistic:Maybe changing between 3 elements. WAIT. THINK ABOUT THIS. WHAT IF IT'S GOING TO BETHE NEW GIMMICK. o.O

It's not a gamble, if someone literarily wants to play the game by just buying 1 figure then they can already, they'd just miss some unimportant hats and treasure .

If elemental gates could be accessed by everyone again, just being able to open any gate isn't really ground breaking or even a super exciting ability coz changing charscters isn't hard.

It would just be a popular figure. Coz it could make your game slightly smoother, like blasterminds ability.

swap force already act as 2 elements so 3 is pretty lame. It would be a pretty bad gimic at this point.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:49:08 22/03/2015 by wild_defender
ET55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2663
#108 Posted: 21:19:28 22/03/2015
I would love the idea of a chameleon skylander who can change elemental type. After beating the game would try one play through with him alone.

Would be EPIC!!
#109 Posted: 21:35:10 22/03/2015
Charmeleon!

No wait.
I have a feeling that name has already been used, somewhere... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#110 Posted: 21:46:09 22/03/2015
^

[User Posted Image]

It's no worse than half of the ideas I've seen.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:15 22/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#111 Posted: 21:52:12 22/03/2015
Lol I'll call it Changeling, Chameleon is too mainstream I guess lol

I was thinking it could maybe be a fairy type thing or something aswell. Seeing as we haven't had 1 yet.

Doesn't really matter but iether way it will change colour when it's in an elemental zone or In front of a gate. Attacks would be pretty simple n maybe a little weak, but the point would be it will have an elemental bonus pretty much all the time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:12 22/03/2015 by wild_defender
#112 Posted: 23:11:37 22/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
^

[User Posted Image]

Ahah, I didn't remember that Spider Man villain. smilie

I was actually thinking about something else. smilie

[User Posted Image]

I would make him a green (or purple) chameleon like bipedal Skylander (think about Rip Tide), with a purple round gem embedded in his orange armor.
Each time you change his Element, the gem's color changes accordingly, and so do his abilities.
Two attacks, for the two main buttons (a short and a long ranged ones), and a third one to actually circle throught the Elements.

It could work in three ways:
- all the Elements could be available since the unlocking of the third attack, and the upgrades would focus on powering up the related abilities, with the paths revolving around short and long ranged powers;
- you would have to unlock each Element with an upgrade (some would unlock two), and the paths would focus on making four Elements stronger than the other four;
- you would have to collect at least one Skylander from the other 7 Elements to unlock his abilities connected to that specific one, and the buy the upgrades. The paths would once again revolve around making four Elements stronger than the others.

In any case, the Soul Gem would make him open all the Elemental Gates.
You could also have an ability that generates a big magic burst, after holding down the change button for a couple seconds, something along the lines of Pop Fizz's Soul Gem.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#113 Posted: 02:44:31 23/03/2015
That's pretty cool, though I think switching elements at will should be his soul gem. Just coz it gives him a lot of versatility. I wouldn't want him being too amazing straight off.

I'd like....

I'd have his 3rd attack be " press button to change to the element of what zone your in" .
Then this could be updated with his soul gem to be able to flick through the elements at will.

He should be primarily Magic and shoots orbs and maybe creates a magic explosion/aura around him self that damages all around him or something. Then they adapt to what ever element he is , fire ball etc. upgrading ranged attack orbs would make it get bigger and range increase and each element would give it different abilities, freeze, zap , burn, blow back etc.

Upgrading his 360 degree attacks would ultimately result in him being able to hold down the button to create a large damaging temporary environment in his area which heals hm a little e.g. If he's water, could make it rain and create a lake all around his area . Undead... Create a graveyard etc. kind of like Knight lights light circles.
---
#114 Posted: 02:51:11 23/03/2015
Drek, that's cool. I didn't grow up on Pokemon, so Spidey was my go to smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#115 Posted: 04:47:16 23/03/2015
if skylanders are still only gonna let us alter stats through hats ......

We really need a way to search through the 200 hats !!! Order them by defense or attack or speed etc.

also it would be nice to have the game setting option to "view hats while playing" or not. In the characters stats screen it's fine but while I'm playing I just find them distracting or physically blocking any view of my skylander so I'd rather they were invisible.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#116 Posted: 04:54:01 23/03/2015
Me to GhostRoaster....i remember The Chameleon. Big Web Head fan....Spiderman, Ironman and Batman where the main comic's i got...still have a lot of them.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#117 Posted: 07:05:03 23/03/2015
Drek, that's cool. I didn't grow up on Pokemon, so Spidey was my go to smilie

Actually, I didn't remember him immediately, because I only saw him in the 90's show, and he had a more human-like face. smilie

if skylanders are still only gonna let us alter stats through hats ......

We really need a way to search through the 200 hats !!! Order them by defense or attack or speed etc.

also it would be nice to have the game setting option to "view hats while playing" or not. In the characters stats screen it's fine but while I'm playing I just find them distracting or physically blocking any view of my skylander so I'd rather they were invisible.

Absolutely agree!

It would actually made me use hats more often.

If only they could do the same with physical changes after an upgrade... *sigh*
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Boombomb999 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#118 Posted: 12:48:44 23/03/2015
Ok here's what I would like to see.
1. Levels as long as trap team but with 25 of them(number of levels).
. don't get me wrong I'm all for a longer game but when the level takes an hour to beat then it becomes really aggregating to play thorough the levels multiple times.

2. Equal number of characters for all elements.
. I love the light and dark figs and hope that each element will have an equal number of new skylanders introduced be it 4 or 2 be cause I was slightly bothered by the fact that the original eight elements got four characters each but light and dark started with only two.

3. Use of at least kaos trap. I understand asking for the ability to use all 40+ villains would make vv's job incredibly difficult but they should at least allow for the use of the kaos trap as that was the whole point of trap team... You could finally play as Kaos.
---
Hoopa Unbound, the Stuff of Nightmares
#119 Posted: 13:23:12 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
^

[User Posted Image]

Ahmmm...I'll take that as a comment, I guess.

The Chameleon/Changeling whatever thing it may be should be light element. After all, light is what "splits" into the various colors (elements).

Also, in slightly related news, scientists have only recently (in the past month) discovered how chameleons change their color. I forget how, but fun fact.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#120 Posted: 17:27:00 23/03/2015
^

[User Posted Image]

The Chameleon/Changeling whatever thing it may be should be light element. After all, light is what "splits" into the various colors (elements).

Also, in slightly related news, scientists have only recently (in the past month) discovered how chameleons change their color. I forget how, but fun fact.

Some species actually have crystals in their skin that they use to change their skin color. Very cool stuff.
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#121 Posted: 19:30:45 23/03/2015
I just want four player co-op (or a 4 player versus mode).
#122 Posted: 21:25:49 23/03/2015
^

[User Posted Image]

Usually I would agree with the light element thing, but not for skylanders because the magic element exists and is definitely the more versatile element in this franchise, e.g. Spyro uses fire and pop fizzes magic science could probably do anything.

But the crystal thing is a decent idea, e.g. A light element guy could summons crystals and can shoot a light laser through them to split his attack into element beams.
---
#123 Posted: 01:52:45 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
^

[User Posted Image]

Usually I would agree with the light element thing, but not for skylanders because the magic element exists and is definitely the more versatile element in this franchise, e.g. Spyro uses fire and pop fizzes magic science could probably do anything.

But the crystal thing is a decent idea, e.g. A light element guy could summons crystals and can shoot a light laser through them to split his attack into element beams.

PRISM BREAK V.2 CONFIRMED!!! smilie
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#124 Posted: 22:14:35 25/03/2015
I think Giants was heading in the right direction when we had some say over how the main hub ( fLynn's shipp ) looked .

I'm not sure what the new gimc landers should actually do gameplay wise but it would be cool if they had the ability to terraform the hub .

E.g. Earth can make ground/ mountains
water could make a river/lake
air could Control the weather
undead could create a crypt /graveyard
life could make trees
Fire could make volcanoes /lava streams.
Tech could make cannons and catapults
Magic could make additions to the house/castles.

And if light or dark are in it they could set the time of day/mood , on a scale of creepy to heavenly during night or day lol .
---
#125 Posted: 22:21:52 25/03/2015
So, kinda like Infinity Toy Box, but very much limited and on some big kiddie rails. I like it. And specific to the game itself.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:11 25/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#126 Posted: 22:34:51 25/03/2015
Terraforiming like that would be a bit too limited considering the characters. While it's reminscent of the Elemental Gates, it'll still be weird as heck to see Wrecking Ball raising an ivory tower or Chill making a lake as warm as anyone else will. But it's that or nothing, so it could work to start focusing on this kind of idea of changing the hub as long as it has some balancing so you can't expand it to maximum on the first 10 minutes.

I was actually thinking of some third category to customization other than hats and trinkets - some specific area that you're told to redecorate for some reason(maybe you crash land into it after the first level - would knock Flynn down some pegs since we know he isn't leaving the game anytime soon). Maybe instead of just bragging rights or very minor stat upgrades, we get Quests back to unlock elemental themed items. Just like Giants has specific elemental quests and a skylander specific quest, maybe,say, solving Fire quests gives you lamps and lava fountains(both kinds) to decorate the place; Life gives you wooden furniture and potted plants, Undead gives you statues and creepy acessories,and so on. There'd need to be a ton of balancing, but something that the games seem to lack is a minigame that doesn't get old even after you've unlocked and finished it back to back - maybe a decorating minigame could help with making people go back to the game even if it's just to mess around with it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:24 25/03/2015 by Bifrost
#127 Posted: 23:00:09 25/03/2015
I think Giants was heading in the right direction when we had some say over how the main hub ( fLynn's shipp ) looked .

I'm not sure what the new gimc landers should actually do gameplay wise but it would be cool if they had the ability to terraform the hub .

E.g. Earth can make ground/ mountains
water could make a river/lake
air could Control the weather
undead could create a crypt /graveyard
life could make trees
Fire could make volcanoes /lava streams.
Tech could make cannons and catapults
Magic could make additions to the house/castles.

And if light or dark are in it they could set the time of day/mood , on a scale of creepy to heavenly during night or day lol .

Quote: Bifrost
Terraforiming like that would be a bit too limited considering the characters. While it's reminscent of the Elemental Gates, it'll still be weird as heck to see Wrecking Ball raising an ivory tower or Chill making a lake as warm as anyone else will. But it's that or nothing, so it could work to start focusing on this kind of idea of changing the hub as long as it has some balancing so you can't expand it to maximum on the first 10 minutes.

I was actually thinking of some third category to customization other than hats and trinkets - some specific area that you're told to redecorate for some reason(maybe you crash land into it after the first level - would knock Flynn down some pegs since we know he isn't leaving the game anytime soon). Maybe instead of just bragging rights or very minor stat upgrades, we get Quests back to unlock elemental themed items. Just like Giants has specific elemental quests and a skylander specific quest, maybe,say, solving Fire quests gives you lamps and lava fountains(both kinds) to decorate the place; Life gives you wooden furniture and potted plants, Undead gives you statues and creepy acessories,and so on. There'd need to be a ton of balancing, but something that the games seem to lack is a minigame that doesn't get old even after you've unlocked and finished it back to back - maybe a decorating minigame could help with making people go back to the game even if it's just to mess around with it.

Really interesting ideas!

Ok, this would require A LOT of work, but I think the result would be incredible.

Imagine if every single character adeed to the game also improved the hub, by adding something specific for him.

For example, Thumpback could throw his anchor in the sky, and drag a big watery island for your Water Skylanders to swim in to, but also containing a few treasures, and maybe a Winged Sapphire.

Spyro could open up a portal, like the ones in the Classic Series, and reach a small portion of Avalar for you to explore.

Blast Zone could build a training area, with fire traps, rotating metal spikes and a hat at the end of it.

Krypt King could make an ancient tomb rise from the ground, opening up a small level, maybe a side scrolling one, with a reward at the end.

They could even go further, requiring you to collect a specific character, before being able to add another "piece" to the hub.
For example, the temple related to Krypt King could also come with a couple baskets, which Cobra Cadabra could interact with, by playing a song, making snakes come out from them and rewarding you with money.

That way a new character would not only mean a new Skylander to upgrade and play as, but also a physical hub improvement. smilie
Even if, it could potentially make the purchase of some characters "mandatory"... So, maybe, no collectibles, and only treasure could work.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#128 Posted: 00:42:43 26/03/2015
Sounds cool, but agree it could be a real ugly mess and looking too busy if they go overboard. I did like what they did in Trap team to unlock "something" as the game went along it was just far too linear/simplistic. Respect the player a bit more and have a bit more sophistication. I think it can be done and still keep it in the desired age range. I'm still waiting for even a basic branching concept in the game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:44:20 26/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#129 Posted: 01:05:32 26/03/2015
Maybe instead of random trinkets the 2D sections should've had branching paths that led to the Legendary Treasure areas? Wouldn't make sense for the main hall stuff but would've given them more purpose than pocket change for cheats/keys.
---
#130 Posted: 01:08:06 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Trinkets. One of the most useless items in Skylanders. Why didn't Toys for Bob and Vicarous Visions make them like hats, giving my skylanders a boost? That's another thing I would want for Sky 5.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#131 Posted: 02:14:13 26/03/2015

I wasn't really thinking all characters could terraform. That'd be great but I was more thinking more realistic ( encourage people to buy ) in that only the new gimic landers could do it so it had some some boundaries and control . E.g. An ice skylander wouldn't just create a pond.
---
#132 Posted: 12:08:13 26/03/2015
Trinkets. One of the most useless items in Skylanders. Why didn't Toys for Bob and Vicarous Visions make them like hats, giving my skylanders a boost? That's another thing I would want for Sky 5.

I liked them because of the second level of aesthetics, but with or without a boost,there were far too many rehashes for such a low number. Pinwheel and windmill were funny to put on their arms, Ramses' Horn looks absolutely hilarious on characters with white hands/clothing, but the rest are all either teddy bears which disappear on the back due to effects or bad positioning and medals which are even smaller and barely add anything. I wanted it like they said in the interviews, things like silly ties, sparkle or mist effects(that kinda went to the Storm Hat), bandanas, etc. It's not customization if you can only slap a tiny rock on their shoulder and call it a day.
---
#133 Posted: 14:04:47 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator

I liked them because of the second level of aesthetics, but with or without a boost,there were far too many rehashes for such a low number. Pinwheel and windmill were funny to put on their arms, Ramses' Horn looks absolutely hilarious on characters with white hands/clothing, but the rest are all either teddy bears which disappear on the back due to effects or bad positioning and medals which are even smaller and barely add anything. I wanted it like they said in the interviews, things like silly ties, sparkle or mist effects(that kinda went to the Storm Hat), bandanas, etc. It's not customization if you can only slap a tiny rock on their shoulder and call it a day.

^Same. Some are just too subtle to notice, especially during the action of battle. Make them more noticeable, Tfb and VV!
---
^This might be sarcasm.
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#134 Posted: 14:06:23 26/03/2015
How about taking the concept of Disney Infinity Toy Box and allowing us to create new Battle Arenas with many different variables/scenarios. I keep trying to get into DI but always keep returning back to Skylanders, the gameplay, story, and amount of what you can do in the game feels much richer. I think allowing us to just build battle arenas from scratch and share them online gives a new addition to the game without affecting the main game. I feel like DI2.0 lost its way. For me even the toy box levels can be downright boring and barren with lackluster enemies, where in Skylanders it's different. I wonder if they can also reprogram traps to also be used in a way to unlock things in this new create mode Battle Arena.

How about also offering the expansion packs as DLC from PSN/XBL. I don't think it would affect sales of the expansion packs in the store since you're still getting figures with them that people want to collect.

I'd love for some way that we can reuse our traps from Trap Team. Maybe just keep it to the Doom Raiders only or the next set of figures are the Doom Raiders as they join up with the Skylanders to fight an all-new big bad. It would be cool if you bought The Golden Queen Doom Raider figure and then if you have her trapped in a trap then you can combine the two for extra power, etc.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:08:49 26/03/2015 by captainzombie
#135 Posted: 21:02:19 26/03/2015
Quote: captainzombie
How about taking the concept of Disney Infinity Toy Box and allowing us to create new Battle Arenas with many different variables/scenarios. I keep trying to get into DI but always keep returning back to Skylanders, the gameplay, story, and amount of what you can do in the game feels much richer. I think allowing us to just build battle arenas from scratch and share them online gives a new addition to the game without affecting the main game. I feel like DI2.0 lost its way. For me even the toy box levels can be downright boring and barren with lackluster enemies, where in Skylanders it's different. I wonder if they can also reprogram traps to also be used in a way to unlock things in this new create mode Battle Arena.

How about also offering the expansion packs as DLC from PSN/XBL. I don't think it would affect sales of the expansion packs in the store since you're still getting figures with them that people want to collect.

I'd love for some way that we can reuse our traps from Trap Team. Maybe just keep it to the Doom Raiders only or the next set of figures are the Doom Raiders as they join up with the Skylanders to fight an all-new big bad. It would be cool if you bought The Golden Queen Doom Raider figure and then if you have her trapped in a trap then you can combine the two for extra power, etc.

I've played DI for the same reasons on paper it sounds like it has more things , but I just don't get much out of the bland charscter missions and battle style, and even though altering the world is a nice feature , that's all it is , a nice feature , but it doesn't make a great game.

They don't have have to reprogram the traps, they just reprogram the game to react differently to them so they can do what ever they want. Most likely we won't b having More villain gameplay then trap team though coz that would just be the same gimic, just without the timer. They'll limit and weaken them some how e.g. Only allow trap master to use them or only act like a magic item etc. Which is a good thing, coz it would be pretty ridiculous starting out a completely new game having access to a bunch of strong villains to win the game for you.

I actually think limiting trap use to trap masters in sky 5 would be a good way to give trap masters an actual purpose that fits their name and carry on traps without over shadowing anything new. Just weaken the villains a fair bit and don't make them invulnerable to damage. So basically trap masters would get access to different types of attacks other then their own. Which is pretty good, but it won't be over powered.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:00 26/03/2015 by wild_defender
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#136 Posted: 02:16:14 27/03/2015
Quote: captainzombie

I've played DI for the same reasons on paper it sounds like it has more things , but I just don't get much out of the bland charscter missions and battle style, and even though altering the world is a nice feature , that's all it is , a nice feature , but it doesn't make a great game.

They don't have have to reprogram the traps, they just reprogram the game to react differently to them so they can do what ever they want. Most likely we won't b having More villain gameplay then trap team though coz that would just be the same gimic, just without the timer. They'll limit and weaken them some how e.g. Only allow trap master to use them or only act like a magic item etc. Which is a good thing, coz it would be pretty ridiculous starting out a completely new game having access to a bunch of strong villains to win the game for you.

I actually think limiting trap use to trap masters in sky 5 would be a good way to give trap masters an actual purpose that fits their name and carry on traps without over shadowing anything new. Just weaken the villains a fair bit and don't make them invulnerable to damage. So basically trap masters would get access to different types of attacks other then their own. Which is pretty good, but it won't be over powered.

Yeah, I've tried with both DI and DI2.0 several times and even my two sons with my youngest at 6 yrs old has a hard time getting into the game. Skylanders has the awesome gameplay, action, and figures that alone tops the rest of these other games in the genre.

You have some good ideas there with how the traps and trap masters can be used in Sky5. I wonder when Activision is going to show off what they have in store for Sky5. My kids have been playing this series since it came out, but I just started getting into it a few months ago when I picked up Trap Team on the Ps4 to play with my youngest son as my oldest son has kind of started to grow out of this series. It's kind of funny how many figures I've purchased in the last few weeks alone.

I just hope that with the next game they do not go crazy with adding yet another idea like the traps making it very expensive in the end.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#137 Posted: 06:10:18 28/03/2015
Now while these are also wants and don't wants for the next game, I actually have a theory on the next game. Maybe the reposes will be more from Swap Force than the other games since Vicarious Visions is having another go at making the game and they might want to make more of their characters again. Maybe even throw in some more characters who are overdo on getting a repose. So here are my additional wants and don't want for the next game.

Want: More reposes for characters who never got reposes specifically Swap Force cores and hopefully the rest of the remaining characters from Spyro's Adventure and Giants that need one.

Don't want: More reposes of guys who already had too many like Stealth Elf, Terrafin, Eruptor and especially Gill Grunt. Simply put please not another Gill Grunt.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#138 Posted: 09:05:15 28/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Now while these are also wants and don't wants for the next game, I actually have a theory on the next game. Maybe the reposes will be more from Swap Force than the other games since Vicarious Visions is having another go at making the game and they might want to make more of their characters again. Maybe even throw in some more characters who are overdo on getting a repose. So here are my additional wants and don't want for the next game.

Want: More reposes for characters who never got reposes specifically Swap Force cores and hopefully the rest of the remaining characters from Spyro's Adventure and Giants that need one.

Don't want: More reposes of guys who already had too many like Stealth Elf, Terrafin, Eruptor and especially Gill Grunt. Simply put please not another Gill Grunt.

I would never buy reposes, not even if they had an OP game-killing WOW POW, but I'm with you on this one.

If they have to make some, and they probably will, then they should focus on the SWAP Force Cores.
It is fun to see how creative they can get, sometimes, with S2s or Lightcores.

And there are some characters that are just screaming "repose me!" (Pop Thorn in deflated form, Rip Tide wielding the hammershark, or a new fish, or slamming the whale, Dune Bug in a flying pose, with the shell opened and the wings wide spread, Zoo Lou riding his hog, maybe in Lightcore form, or surrounded by wolves, Wind Up slamming his cymbals or preparing to shoot his suction cups, Scorp with a new armor and the tail stuck on the pedestal in front of him...).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#139 Posted: 16:05:22 28/03/2015
Bring On The…
-More reposes, two for each element, but one for the Light and Dark. The first editions are good, but I like some of the reposes.

-More Light and Dark Skylanders
-We should have more Skylanders for each of those two new elements. ‘Nuff said.

-Bring back Normal Elemental Gates
-Normal Gates actually gives the core Skylanders a reason to exist in the game more than special types like Giants, the Swap Force and Trap Masters.

-New Minis
-For the new Minis, I'm hoping they can create Mini versions of Star Strike, Chopper, Flashwing, Sonic Boom, Sunburn, Echo, Camo, Cynder, Roller Brawl, Spotlight, and Blackout.

-New Elite Skylanders
-There should be another set of Eon's Elites. The first ones were great, but I hope that they can create the following new Elite Skylanders; Pop Fizz, Chopper, Flashwing, Jet-Vac, Flameslinger, Echo, Camo, and Cynder.

-Swimming Mechanism
-I enjoy bringing Water Skylanders to swim in lakes, rivers, and seas.

-Double Jumping
-Instead of jumping once, all Skylanders should be able to perform the double jump to get to hard-to-reach places.

-Flying for all winged Skylanders.
-Not just for those who have flight upgrades, but also those who weren’t able to fly at all from previous games. Sunburn, Flashwing, Blades, Spotlight, Blackout, and Scratch deserve to flap their wings and take to the skies.

-Story Scene Replays
-Much like back in SG and SSF, STT should have story scene replays. I really enjoyed watching those. Instead of always having to watch them while playing Story Mode, they should allow Portal Masters to watch their favorite Story Scenes over and over without YouTube.

-More than 24 new levels.
-The first game had 26 levels, including 4 Adventure Pack chapters.

-Returning Villains from previous games as Trappable ones
-We were kinda expecting some of the other villains like Mesmeralda and Baron Von Shellshock to become Trappable Villains. So let’s have that, too!

-Reuse the Traptanium Portal
-The Traptanium Portal and the brand new intros are way better than the old ones. I enjoy seeing Skylanders entering the games while flying through a vortex instead of just standing in one place and then jump in. But my most favorite part of this is bringing the Trappable Villains in the game.

-Malefor
-The fifth game should have a brand new main villain instead of Kaos. I’ll bet Malefor would turn Kaos into his undead slave and serve as the penultimate boss while Malefor is the final one.

Fugget About It…
-Unskippable dialogues
-They usually waste our time while we play.

-No more nerfing some good Skylanders
-Half of the Skylanders that work in STT have either become weaker or gotten stronger than back from previous games. For instance, I was upset when some of my favorite Skylanders are now able to inflict less than 50 percent damage. However, I was satisfied when the other half of my Skylanders now can deal with more than 100 percent damage as well as having their upgrades enhanced. For example, Stink Bomb can now move much faster and stay invisible even longer after purchasing his upgrades.

-No more Kaos as the main villain and final boss
-Funny as he is, I’m sick of having to put up with Kaos’ nonsensical dialogues and remarks. “Mister Ultimate Evil Doom” is so very annoying that he doesn’t know when to shut up. Flynn was right about Kaos about him without real friends.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:25 28/03/2015 by TheShadowDragon
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#140 Posted: 02:37:37 29/03/2015
Here's another thing:
What I want:
Kaos element rebranded as "Clear"/"All" element
Spyro rebranded from Magic to "Clear"/"All" element (more or less the same base is fine, but with CLEAR plastic [get it? {part of the idea was to look crystalline}]), with the "Flight" skill replaced with "Switch Breath" (it would have the same ID ofc... So as to be forwards/backwards compatible with the older games), allowing Spyro to switch breath between fire (basically what you have already) Undead (breathes Dark Lighting Balls [like Dark Spyro in the 3DS version of SSA] [think balls of the same thing as cynder's default breath] [basically Lavender Balls with Purple Sparks],) Tech (Breathes Plasma Balls [same as Undead, but blue w/ orange sparks]), Water (ice ball breath), Earth (Mud/Dirt Breath), Wind (small tornadoes i suppose), Magic (gobs of that multicolored [prominently lavender] energy from crystal puzzle lasers), life (petal/leaf breath?), light (orbs/beams of white light), and dark (orbs/beams/globs of darkness/dark energy/shadow). Like Kaos, it'd toggle randomly, but it'd land on Fire more often than other elements, (like 20% instead of 10% [everything else would be ~8.9]), and an increased probability of landing on the reccomended element (40% fire reccomended [everything else, ~6.6], or 20% fire, 20% other element, [everything else, 6%]) (because the lore says he draws elemental energy from his evironment)
I mean, he's a purple dragon (prefers fire, but can use ANY element), and Kaos is his nemesis (in this series, iirc), so they should BOTH be MultiElemental!
Also, the divebomb/fireslam would now do there thing in midair (in other words: mid JUMP) which seems like a reasonable replacement to while flying

Another proposition: Eon's Elite should be branded as "Series X Special" or "Elite Series" rather than "special"
eg.
Elite Spyro
Series X
They're the "ultimate" skylanders, not a part of ANY series (Clear Base rather than Green, Blue, Orange, or Red, card backs/packaging say "Skylanders:Eon's Elite" rather than a game title,), so they should be considered "Elite Series"...

This means that they would be allowed to switch paths, and (probably at the expense of the triple stats [this may be a more balanced alternative to x3 stats, but im not really sure... {don't have a lot of reprints}]), have all the wow pows that that character can have. (Elite Spyro would have Fireslam AND the horns, for example, [but same stats as standard Spyro])
(they aren't part of ANY series, they are part of EVERY series)...
I suppose one could say that Elite's are for "Elite Gamers" who care about Leaderboards and PvP (they are limited in stock and high in price) or "Collectors" who don't care about the game AT ALL, really... Therefore, making them as uberstrong as possible wouldn't hurt the casuals who just want to use their faves... (it's "easy enough")

What i DON'T want:
A new gimmick, at least not if you're just going to toss all the old ones in the closet to gather dust (i mean this both metaphorically, to the devs, and literally, to the players), Yu-Gi-Oh's anime was like this, 5D's added synchros, shoving the spotlight from Fusion (most prominent in GX, but shafted rituals since the end of season 1 of the original Series) only to have them see little use when Zexal introduced Xyz monsters... but now, Arc 5 showcases their new pendulum, but with a resurgance of Synchros, Fusion, Rituals (Xyz was shafted [since it's no longer the MAIN focus], but only to the same level as the other ones were UN-shafted to)... Pendulum summons, also make it easier to summon Xyz, Fusion, AND Synchros, as well as being a method to RECYLCE Pendulums, not PLAY them... That's what Skylanders needs for Giants, SWAP Force, AND Trap Team figures, Series 2 reposes for some of em, new ones (ESPECIALLY Giants) (we need a dragon giant, [and a dragon Trap Team {all the new dragons are Corelanders, despite the fact that there's like FIVE, and like, ONE set of new cores}])
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#141 Posted: 03:38:51 29/03/2015
Want:
32 new skylanders of original elements. Keep2 gimmick landers
more levels but same length as a sf
traps to be used to play villians
new main villain
no gimmick elemental gates
4 new dark and light cores. 2 new . light and dark gimmick landers
no new portal
a display wall hanger like the big one from giants
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#142 Posted: 03:47:56 29/03/2015
Well, the problem with having "all wow pows" is that some characters will literally be at Series 20 before they quit the franchise. I see there being a problem with the button input. smilie
---
#143 Posted: 06:34:21 29/03/2015
I really just want any news on sky 5 so we can have some kind of idea and make more educated guesses lol. All I need is a title or screen shot lol.
---
#144 Posted: 10:44:43 29/03/2015
Quote: juarmo
Here's another thing:
What I want:
Kaos element rebranded as "Clear"/"All" element
Spyro rebranded from Magic to "Clear"/"All" element (more or less the same base is fine, but with CLEAR plastic [get it? {part of the idea was to look crystalline}]), with the "Flight" skill replaced with "Switch Breath" (it would have the same ID ofc... So as to be forwards/backwards compatible with the older games), allowing Spyro to switch breath between fire (basically what you have already) Undead (breathes Dark Lighting Balls [like Dark Spyro in the 3DS version of SSA] [think balls of the same thing as cynder's default breath] [basically Lavender Balls with Purple Sparks],) Tech (Breathes Plasma Balls [same as Undead, but blue w/ orange sparks]), Water (ice ball breath), Earth (Mud/Dirt Breath), Wind (small tornadoes i suppose), Magic (gobs of that multicolored [prominently lavender] energy from crystal puzzle lasers), life (petal/leaf breath?), light (orbs/beams of white light), and dark (orbs/beams/globs of darkness/dark energy/shadow). Like Kaos, it'd toggle randomly, but it'd land on Fire more often than other elements, (like 20% instead of 10% [everything else would be ~8.9]), and an increased probability of landing on the reccomended element (40% fire reccomended [everything else, ~6.6], or 20% fire, 20% other element, [everything else, 6%]) (because the lore says he draws elemental energy from his evironment)
I mean, he's a purple dragon (prefers fire, but can use ANY element), and Kaos is his nemesis (in this series, iirc), so they should BOTH be MultiElemental!
Also, the divebomb/fireslam would now do there thing in midair (in other words: mid JUMP) which seems like a reasonable replacement to while flying

Another proposition: Eon's Elite should be branded as "Series X Special" or "Elite Series" rather than "special"
eg.
Elite Spyro
Series X
They're the "ultimate" skylanders, not a part of ANY series (Clear Base rather than Green, Blue, Orange, or Red, card backs/packaging say "Skylanders:Eon's Elite" rather than a game title,), so they should be considered "Elite Series"...

This means that they would be allowed to switch paths, and (probably at the expense of the triple stats [this may be a more balanced alternative to x3 stats, but im not really sure... {don't have a lot of reprints}]), have all the wow pows that that character can have. (Elite Spyro would have Fireslam AND the horns, for example, [but same stats as standard Spyro])
(they aren't part of ANY series, they are part of EVERY series)...
I suppose one could say that Elite's are for "Elite Gamers" who care about Leaderboards and PvP (they are limited in stock and high in price) or "Collectors" who don't care about the game AT ALL, really... Therefore, making them as uberstrong as possible wouldn't hurt the casuals who just want to use their faves... (it's "easy enough")

What i DON'T want:
A new gimmick, at least not if you're just going to toss all the old ones in the closet to gather dust (i mean this both metaphorically, to the devs, and literally, to the players), Yu-Gi-Oh's anime was like this, 5D's added synchros, shoving the spotlight from Fusion (most prominent in GX, but shafted rituals since the end of season 1 of the original Series) only to have them see little use when Zexal introduced Xyz monsters... but now, Arc 5 showcases their new pendulum, but with a resurgance of Synchros, Fusion, Rituals (Xyz was shafted [since it's no longer the MAIN focus], but only to the same level as the other ones were UN-shafted to)... Pendulum summons, also make it easier to summon Xyz, Fusion, AND Synchros, as well as being a method to RECYLCE Pendulums, not PLAY them... That's what Skylanders needs for Giants, SWAP Force, AND Trap Team figures, Series 2 reposes for some of em, new ones (ESPECIALLY Giants) (we need a dragon giant, [and a dragon Trap Team {all the new dragons are Corelanders, despite the fact that there's like FIVE, and like, ONE set of new cores}])

Really good idea, with Spyro, but I think it would work better as a repose (don't kill me), rather than a change of Element.
Magic is already an eclectic and versatile Element.

As for more characters from old gimmick... I doubt it.
It would work with Light and Dark, not with the original Elements.
Giants are the precursors of the Skylanders and they are unique. It wouldn't make sense to add more of the same.
And I honestly think the same of Eon's Elites.
They are the Elite. They are the best.
I might see EE Spotlight and Blackout, in the remote future, but nothing else.

But a Ligh or Dark dragon Giant would be AWESOME! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#145 Posted: 10:59:01 29/03/2015
I think your spyro idea would be good too, but again as a repose instead.
I really hope they don't keep the 3x stats thing going though. I think that's completely the wrong direction for the game.

Reposes with different attack options I think are actual worthwhile reposes. I think wow POWs should've just been replacing the soul gem abilities with a different one. E.g. Stump smash S2 having his nut wow pow instead of his "healing in water" soul gem ability. So S1 could heal and S2 had better nut attacks. So instead of creating completely better reposes, they'd just have different strategies.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#146 Posted: 11:07:14 29/03/2015
I really want them to focus on Dark & Light element. A new gimmick can be for example:
Spyro:
Top Path = Dark Element = Dark Powers and Dark Skin (Like his Dark version) [User Posted Image]
Bottom Path = Light Element = Light Powers and Light Skin
[User Posted Image]

All this for a new team of skylanders like the trap masters, swap force,etc....
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#147 Posted: 11:19:35 29/03/2015
That would be cool. Major path differences like that would be amazing.
I really hope they do follow and continue the light and dark story. It'd feel like such a waste to brush over it as it was what a lot of fans were waiting for since SA.

I feel like all the things they squished into trap team this year( mini's, EE, light and dark, traps and villains etc ) really didn't let any one of them really shine. It's like they decided to just put a little of everything in instead of doing any of them well.

E.g. Villains and their quests could've been much more in depth stories and gameplay ( it's weird that half of them don't even have a quest, and instead u just talk to the guy).

They could've actually described the light and dark story and introduced more of those skylanders. .

And they could've introduced some originals minies and actually given them a purpose or little missions in game .

I really think light and dark at least deserve a decent role in story mode.
---
#148 Posted: 14:27:38 29/03/2015
^I agree, too many ideas, none really with "spotlight". It really felt like a "no really good ideas, let's just throw all of these mediocre ideas in and see what sticks". I'll take one REALLY GOOD idea explored to the max (like swappers) over Giants v2, minis (which are really just sidekicks, traps (another figure form factor), etc.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:29:55 29/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#149 Posted: 14:48:45 29/03/2015
What i want....

Malefor as the main villain-

Kaos is boring now. he's been trapped. We want malefor!

An open world-

An open world skylanders game- with real flight, camera adjustment, and more- would be awesome. not like infinity's toy box where you have nothing to do, but a story blended in, where certain characters from certain elements can do things others can't. (Water skylanders can swim, Fire skylanders can walk on lava, dark skylanders can't be detected by tracker villains, ect)

More light and dark-

These elements need some serious beefing up. I'd like to see the addition of a giant, 2 swappers, 1 more TM, and 2 minis for light and dark.

A storyline with character development-

if we want malefor, we want to know more about him!

Regular elemental gates, feats of strength, swap zones, dual gates, and traptanium-

for the sake of making all characters useful, just do it!

PVP, with ONLINE!-

If nintendo can make a 3rd person shooter without voice chat, and keep online, then sure as hell acti can add online to sky5!

Reposes of characters that deserve it-

Pop thorn is just screaming "REPOSE ME!"

A new kind of heroic challenge-

I propose an idea where for every skylander, you unlock a quest where it's that skylander's backstory. and it would give you MAJOR stat boosts. and i'm not talking about puny heroics- i mean full on levels where you can only play as that skylander, until you finish.

what i DO NOT want-

Too many reposes-

If we get another gill grunt, i swear....

Not supporting traps-

I think we can all agree- if VV drops traps, them some of us may flat out leave.
#150 Posted: 21:36:15 29/03/2015
^
Alot of us don't really mind iether way if traps are supported . If it comes down to it, people would prefer a new game over a "trap team 2".

even though I'd like to see traps have some small function.... having a better game overall is more important then supporting $50 worth of gimic items from the previous game.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me