Page 1 of 1
Spotlight & Blackout Paths
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#1 Posted: 16:52:03 03/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Blackout

Basic Attack Notes
Wing Whip

Wing Whip has a surprisingly long reach. You can change direction mid-attack, even with wings extended. Jumping Attack 1 is a spinning wing attack that doesn't work as part of a combo.

Shadow Orbs

Press Attack 2 a second time to detonate Shadow Orb. Darkness energy residue swirls and damages enemies near it.

Black Hole

Blackout teleports between Black Holes when two are active. After he steps on one, he pops up and attacks at location of the second.

Upgrade Paths
Wing Warrior

A Spinning Finish gives you the option to change the ground slam at the end of the combo to a Shadow Blade attack. Warp Speed is a great way to tackle enemies that are standing close to each other. Hold Attack 1 until Blackout begins to glow. Aim Blackout in the direction of the enemy you want to attack and release the button to begin the Warp Speed attack. You can continue to hold Attack 1 and move around (at reduced speed) until Blackout is positioned properly to do the most damage with the attack.

Prince of Darkness

Dark Energy Clouds is a direct upgrade to the explosion created by Shadow Orbs. Under the Cover of Darkness adds a defensive boost to the Dark Energy Clouds. For Cloud Gravity, hold the Attack 2 button and wait for the visual cue that Blackout is ready. When his horn sparkles with energy (a glowing horn simply means he is charging), release the button to fly above a controllable Dark Energy Cloud. The Dark Energy Cloud lasts for 10 seconds, or until you press any button.

Soul Gem Ability
Supernova Black Hole: 4000

Shoot 2 Black Holes on top of each other to create a Supernova Black Hole.

Find Blackout's Soul Gem in Chapter 2: Know-It-All Island; Purchase Black Hole

After stacking two Black Holes on each other, they turn into a Supernova that explodes for big damage after a few seconds. If you're impatient, creating a new Black Hole before the Supernova forms (when it becomes a large, dark swirl) causes an explosion that does one-third damage. If you wait for the Supernova to form before summoning a new Black Hole, it inflicts regular damage.

Basic Attacks
Wing Whip

Press Attack 1 to perform a Wing Whip. Press Attack 1, Attack 1, Attack 1 for a combo attack.

Shadow Orbs

Press Attack 2 to shoot Shadow Orbs, which leave behind Darkness energy and shockwaves.

Upgrades
Black Hole: 500

Press Attack 3 to open up Black Holes that pull enemies in - hold and release Attack 3 to teleport yourself.

Darkness Overload: 700

Shoot a Shadow Orb into a Black Hole to create an explosive Eruption Prerequisite: Purchase Black Hole

Shadow Blade: 900

Jump and press Attack 1 to turn into a spinning Shadow Blade.

Take It Black: 1200

Black Holes hold enemies longer and they do more damage. Prerequisite: Purchase Black Hole.

Wing Warrior
Improve Wing Whip attacks

A Spinning Finish: 1700

Press Attack 1, Attack 1, Attack 1 for a Ground Pound combo. Press Attack 1, Attack 1, Attack 1, Attack 1 to charge ahead as a Shadow Blade.

Whip It Up: 2200

Wing Whip, Shadow Blade, and Warp Speed attacks do more damage.

Warp Speed: 3000

Hold Attack 1 to repeatedly teleport through enemies and pierce them with your horn.

Prince of Darkness
Improve Shadow Orb attacks

Dark Energy Clouds: 1700

Shadow Orbs explode into massive Dark Energy Clouds, which damage enemies.

Under the Cover of Darkness: 2200

Blackout receives less damage when inside Dark Energy Clouds. Prerequisite: Purchase Dark Energy Clouds

Cloud Gravity: 3000

Hold Attack 2 to lift enemies inside a Dark Energy Cloud and damage all nearby enemies. Prerequisite: Purchase Dark Energy Clouds

Spotlight

Basic Attack Notes
Eye Beams

Hold Attack 1 to fire Eye Beams continuously. Spotlight can move while Eye Beams are active, but at reduced speed.

Halo Rings

Up to three Halo Rings active initially. Hello Halo upgrades it to four. Spend time practicing Eye Beams and Halo Rings until you get a good sense of range.

Heavenly Aura

Use Heavenly Auras as a defensive barrier. Up to three can be active at the same time.

Upgrade Paths
Visionary
The Visionary Path pumps up Heavenly Aura as much as it does Eye Beams. Hit an active Heavenly Aura with an Eye Beam (a Halo Ring-reflected Eye Beam counts, too) to supercharge its damage output. You only need to hit each Heavenly Aura one time. Hitting a charged Aura does not increase its damage an additional amount. Bling is a mixed blessing. Firing two Halo Rings with one button press is nice, but they float too far apart (unless you're in a tight space) to bounce an Eye Beam from one to another.

The Ringer
Halo Rings jump to the forefront of Spotlight's arsenal when you choose The Ringer Path. Larger Halo Rings that deal more damage and shoot light beams mean you can focus on avoiding incoming attacks while still damaging enemies. Should any smaller foes sneak past the Halo Rings, use Uplifting Experience to keep them out of your hair.

Soul Gem Ability
Light Dragons: 4000

Shoot a Heavenly Aura with Eye Beams to create Light Dragons who attack enemies

Find Spotlight's Soul Gem in Chapter 1: Soda Springs

It's possible to summon multiple Light Dragons from a single Heavenly Aura, so keep firing at it until it dissipates. Each summoned Light Dragon dashes toward the nearest foe and crashes into it. Light Dragons are good for one attack, so don't expect them to stick around and help!

Basic Attacks
Eye Beams

Press Attack 1 to fire concentrated beams of light.

Halo Rings

Press Attack 2 to release Halo Rings, which damage enemies and refract Eye Beams.

Upgrades
Bright Eyes: 500

Eye Beams do more damage.

Heavenly Aura: 700

Press Attack 3 to create a Heavenly Aura, damaging enemies inside.

The Halo Effect: 900

Hit enemies with Halo Rings to prevent them from attacking.

Hello Halo: 1200

Can have more Halo Rings active at a time.

Visionary
Improve Eye Beam attacks

Aura Charge: 1700

Shoot a Heavenly Aura with Eye Beams to power it up and do more damage.

Light It Up: 2200

Eye Beams do even MORE damage and have longer range.

Bling: 3000

Shoot 2 Halo Rings at once.

The Ringer
Improve Halo Ring attacks

Heavy Halo: 1700

Halo Rings are larger and do more damage.

Ring Shot: 2200

Halo Rings shoot light beams of their own.

Uplifting Experience: 3000

Lift enemies caught in Halo Rings up with the Heavenly Aura.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:55:49 03/03/2015 by TTD
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#2 Posted: 16:57:57 03/03/2015
And might I ask, where did you find this?
---
Spread those positive vibes
#3 Posted: 17:08:21 03/03/2015 | Topic Creator
^ Strategy guide
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#4 Posted: 17:21:59 03/03/2015
Must be an updated one because I don't have any of the light/dark elements or the light/dark expansions
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#5 Posted: 17:27:33 03/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Insane01
Must be an updated one because I don't have any of the light/dark elements or the light/dark expansions

Use the code in the back of your book to get the updated guide online.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#6 Posted: 18:13:05 03/03/2015
seems like a very strategic character
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#7 Posted: 18:42:34 03/03/2015
Quote: wgeorge111
Quote: Insane01

Use the code in the back of your book to get the updated guide online.

Where is this code? I have the Ultimate Collectors Edition Guide, so where do I find it?
---
Spread those positive vibes
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#8 Posted: 18:59:51 03/03/2015
These look like they'll be incredibly strong skylanders (No wonder they saved them for wave 4). Anyway, I just merged the 'Spotlight Paths' and the 'Blackout Paths' topics to form 'Spotlight & Blackout Paths' as they were getting similar replies and similar questions raised.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 19:00:59 03/03/2015
Don't worry, nerf city coming to Sky 5.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#10 Posted: 19:07:18 03/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

Especially if it does have the rumored online features. VV did nerf most, if not, every new skylander introduced in giants, so i'm really dreading it this time!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#11 Posted: 19:30:48 03/03/2015
I definitely choose "Visionary" for Spotlight, but I'm not entirely sure which of Blackout's path is better; "Wing Warrior" or "Prince of Darkness?"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 20:15:07 03/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

Maybe they have finally learned from their mistakes...

Or maybe they have, but only now, so Skylanders 5 will still be a nerf city. smilie
Oh, well... It's nerf, or nothing, I guess. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#13 Posted: 01:52:39 04/03/2015
Yeah i hate what they did to the Springtime & Kickoff...not to mechin' i can't even get the Jolly Hat to load(i have the Wii)....the game keeps changing it to the Kickoff Hat. And the Volcano Hat....after all the work to get the hat thru the nightmare mode and they super nurf it from H+50 S+15 A+25 in Swap Force to CH+5 A+5 in Trap Team.....that realy sucks. smilie smilie

I dought it also Drek...but would love for them to restore all the nerfing they have done to everything...the attacks, stats, hats.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#14 Posted: 02:28:26 04/03/2015
I get it really---if you just walked into a brand new game, with all of the great and awesome hat and character stats they would feel you've "cheated" somehow---never mind the hundreds of hours it took to do EVERY SINGLE HEROIC and quest on all 200+ skylanders....yeah...I MUST be cheating.

And then you bring in the character, with all of the blood sweat and tears...only to find that the new tech character BIMBO is just as powerful as that character you spent dozens of hours with. Scrap the legacy characters, let's just get the new guys! Rinse/Repeat ... last year's character are crud again.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:30:57 04/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#15 Posted: 11:16:02 04/03/2015
Yeah, if they nerf anything,it better be equally. They created the horrifying overpoweredness that are Stink Rise and Rattle Shift, they better know they can't blame their game's unbalance on poor Spyro and co. just because their damage numbers got bigger in TT.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#16 Posted: 14:20:31 04/03/2015
Wing Warrior all the way!
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#17 Posted: 09:45:52 06/03/2015
Are they able to fly?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#18 Posted: 16:13:50 06/03/2015
Quote: angelg
Are they able to fly?

Something tells me that Blackout and Spotlight won't be able to fly even when the jump button is pressed twice.
acougan Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#19 Posted: 08:41:01 08/03/2015
oddly enough, two days ago, a local game shop started selling Blackout, Spotlight singles. I got it for MYR60 /ea (~USD16.50)

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:59:54 08/03/2015 by acougan
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#20 Posted: 09:09:23 08/03/2015
Well.... time to check my local gamestop.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#21 Posted: 10:05:34 08/03/2015
I'm speechless. They look like some of the best skylanders ever created.

Quote: Aura24
Well.... time to check my local gamestop.

Good luck.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#22 Posted: 10:16:41 08/03/2015
I can't wait for Blackout.... The Dark element looks so badass!
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
dmfp Green Sparx Gems: 246
#23 Posted: 12:07:01 08/03/2015
They aren't up on Gamestop's website. I found Blackout on Best Buy's website a while back with a release date of March 8th, but a week or two ago that was changed to March 22nd. They never did show Spotlight on their website. I wish Gamestop opened earlier than noon today. Anybody know anything else about the release date for Blackout and Spotlight, maybe even Enigma? Does Gamestop actually have them?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#24 Posted: 18:29:46 08/03/2015
They aren't out in the US. He got them for MYR 60, which is Malaysian Ringgits.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#25 Posted: 21:14:02 08/03/2015
Quote: acougan
oddly enough, two days ago, a local game shop started selling Blackout, Spotlight singles. I got it for MYR60 /ea (~USD16.50)

[User Posted Image]

Spotlight looks so pwety!smilie
Blackout looks like the closest thing to the playable Vathek I wanted since 2012 but looks nice. These were defiantly worth the wait. I just hope Echo is right behind them in being released.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#26 Posted: 22:13:13 08/03/2015
Quote: Matteomax
They aren't out in the US. He got them for MYR 60, which is Malaysian Ringgits.

You mean I just went to two of my Gamestops for nothing? Ugh... guys, do research before jumping to conclusions..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
acougan Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#27 Posted: 03:42:13 09/03/2015
Yes, I'm from Malaysia. Collecting Skylanders since 2011. Definitely a challenge here since figures are only sold in a handful of specialty gameshops. FYI, the game shop name is PLAYTIME BSC

All these come in a single shipment;

Skylanders : Trap Team Single - SPOTLIGHT
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - BLACKOUT
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - BAT SPIN
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - TRAIL BLAZER
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - COBRA CADABRA
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - HIGH FIVE

No Echo or Rocky-Roll singles, No W4 Trapmasters.
Triple packs Cobra Cadabra&Bat Spin&Hog Wild Fryno and High Five&Trail Blazer&Jet-Vac were also there.

AFAIK, Singapore & Malaysia have always gotten "US Peg" stocks.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:50:01 09/03/2015 by acougan
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#28 Posted: 03:52:17 09/03/2015
Quote: acougan
Yes, I'm from Malaysia. Collecting Skylanders since 2011. Definitely a challenge here since figures are only sold in a handful of specialty gameshops. FYI, the game shop name is PLAYTIME BSC

All these come in a single shipment;

Skylanders : Trap Team Single - SPOTLIGHT
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - BLACKOUT
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - BAT SPIN
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - TRAIL BLAZER
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - COBRA CADABRA
Skylanders : Trap Team Single - HIGH FIVE

No Echo or Rocky-Roll singles, No W4 Trapmasters.
Triple packs Cobra Cadabra&Bat Spin&Hog Wild Fryno and High Five&Trail Blazer&Jet-Vac were also there.

AFAIK, Singapore & Malaysia have always gotten "US Peg" stocks.

No rocky roll? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
#29 Posted: 04:34:10 09/03/2015
They are going to sssstttrrreeetttccchhh Wave 4...
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#30 Posted: 07:27:53 09/03/2015
Maybe they have finally gave up with the Waves concept, like they said.

A weird time to begin this new strategy, but, oh well...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:28:21 09/03/2015 by Drek95
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me